California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37
By Blazed1979 2014-10-04 03:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He missed out the most important and relevant fact for this discussion - how alcohol effects the female brain (a brain hard wired to reproduce and nurture). The left hemisphere is already lagging behind the right hemisphere in a female brain. Shutting it down all together by getting trashed only leaves the most basic parts of the brain functioning, but without any other influences thanks to the effects of alcohol.

So with men you get Violence and with women you get slutyness
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-04 04:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Why aren't you in game Rav? I want to /slap and run.

I'm hiding, man. I don't mind the /slaps, but it's everything else you can do to my character while I'm afk that has me worried.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-04 04:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there a biological differences between human genders, duh. Does that mean that modern society and thought are somehow above one gender? Well, some of you guys make a pretty compelling case, but not the case you think.

Please don't tell me anyone actually watches "Dr." Oz, seriously?

That's not Dr. Oz, who is the supplement peddler, that's "the doctors" or whatever.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-04 05:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
There is so much conflicting analysis in this post, I don't know where to begin. I'll just focus on this oh so rational and well researched quote.

Quote:
So choose male if you want one-two thing done really phenomenally well, or choose female if you want a lot of things done ok'sh. XD

Except.
Quote:
I've read more about the male brain as opposed to Women's brains, because there seems to be a lot more info readily available about it. That or there just isn't more to share about the female brain.

Or maybe -and I know you being a male and therefore must have had more deep analytical thoughts about this subject- you aren't really interested in re-evaluating your inherent bias?

Most research dealing with male and female brains is tandom research. As in they were both examined at the same time.

This is a much more complicated subject than men are better than women, women are better than men crap.

Brains are permanently changed from hormones.

Women who have had children have a different brain structure than women who have not. Father's who are involved with the mother of their child and the child have a different brain structure than men with no children.

Oxytocin is a heavy hitter in the hormone category. Couples who are together longer have higher levels of this hormone when they interact with one another than couples of a shorter duration or long term couples in rocky relationships. Does this alter the brain? Oxytocin has been shown to, so my guess is yes, but I haven't found a study that has examined this.

There are studies that look at perception.

In one study girls were less likely to participate in events that had an uneven gender ratio favoring boys (3 to 1). In another study when girls were told a math exam had no gender bias they scored better. When white males were told that their scores were going to be evaluated against Asian males their scores dropped.

Drugs and alcohol also affect the structure of your brain.

It is another variation of the nature vs. nurture argument. And it is complicated.

These studies also need to be examined across different social structures and cultures to see if the results vary.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-04 06:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Yes, there a biological differences between human genders, duh. Does that mean that modern society and thought are somehow above one gender? Well, some of you guys make a pretty compelling case, but not the case you think.

That's not Dr. Oz, who is the supplement peddler, that's "the doctors" or whatever.

Define "above one gender". Define which single dimensional measure stick your trying to use.

This is important because humans are incredibly complex creatures and the differences between are genders is rather vast. Most of our sexual dimorphism is in the internal wiring of our brains, not in our physical bodies (though there exists much dimorphism there too).

Understanding this complexity is important because it totally destroys the progressive concept of "gender is a social construct". Which in turn destroys the concept of "equal representation". You will never get 50% of electrical engineers being female, never get 50% of business owners, CEO's, CTO's, or lawmakers being female. Just like you'll never get 50% of nurses or other female dominated tasks being male. Our "natural gender roles" weren't made by some invisible "patriarchy", they were made because each gender specializes differently and those roles fit that specialization. The only way to get "equal gender representation" is to enact quota and lower the standards for females to such a level that it removes all risk (female brains are wired to be risk adverse btw) and obligations.

This isn't to say that females should be disallowed into any industry, on the contrary anyone should be allowed to attempt anything they excel at. The standards should not be lowered, women should not be given free money to attempt STEM courses, there shouldn't be large amounts of financial resources poured into making it easier for a female to do a traditionally male role.

Of course we get called all sorts of nasty names for pointing the truth, because it goes against the politically correct narrative being pushed by the progressives. If you don't believe me then just research the Frankfurt Institute and what it's mission is, I say is because it still exists and its followers are alive and well.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-04 09:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

my bad, wasn't aware of that show ad saw the "thedr" part and assumed, that's what one gets for that, eh?

carry on
By fonewear 2014-10-04 09:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought men were pigs. So you can't compare men and women.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 09:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
He missed out the most important and relevant fact for this discussion - how alcohol effects the female brain (a brain hard wired to reproduce and nurture). The left hemisphere is already lagging behind the right hemisphere in a female brain. Shutting it down all together by getting trashed only leaves the most basic parts of the brain functioning, but without any other influences thanks to the effects of alcohol.

So with men you get Violence and with women you get slutyness

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 10:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to know how nature selected for men to be superior electrical engineers, IT managers, system admins or CEOs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-04 10:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

something to do with taking risks
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-04 10:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I'd like to know how nature selected for men to be superior CEOs.

Given the rate at which major national companies (even countries themselves) seek bailouts under male leadership to keep from failing miserably, I wouldn't say it's wise to argue how great they are in leadership roles.

But I have to ask how things went from california's protection law to brain differences between genders? Must have take a bit since this thread is 34 pages long.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-04 10:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Primary sources people. Studies/papers/et cetera. Youtube is rarely a primary source, and because your doctor/teacher said so isn't good enough either.

If you can't provide actual, qualified sources for your information, it doesn't matter how many words you throw in your posts.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-04 10:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
I'd like to know how nature selected for men to be superior CEOs.

Given the rate at which major national companies (even countries themselves) seek bailouts under male leadership to keep from failing miserably, I wouldn't say it's wise to argue how great they are in leadership roles.

But I have to ask how things went from california's protection law to brain differences between genders? Must have take a bit since this thread is 34 pages long.
Welcome to FFXIAH P&R. Where global warming is by page 9, gay fascist strawmen abound, and threads are tortured beyond all belief.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-04 10:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to know how nature selected for men to be superior electrical engineers, IT managers, system admins or CEOs.

Left side brain rational thinking combined with higher risk taking. Not that it matters as you won't do any of your own research.

Males take more risks, both genetically and in actual life. The result is more male "winners", but also more male "losers". Look at the number of homeless without shelters, or the uneducated. Males are at a higher risk for suicide and represent 95% of workplace related deaths. The number of criminals and the nature of the crimes are ridiculously biased towards males. The only way to win in life is to take calculated risks, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. We all remember the winners but completely forget the losers. Throughout history most males didn't get to pass on their genetics, most died and become evolutionary dead ends. Whereas females largely got to pass on their genetics, as long as they were safe and did everything in groups. All a female proto human needed to do for genetic success was stay alive and look fertile, a male needed to demonstrate his genetic worth by being successful at hunting, fighting off predators and dominating other males in his tribe. That dramatic difference put evolutionary pressure on the sex's to specialize in different strategies which resulted in the different brain structures we see today.

Of course you could just join the other white knights and advocate for programming in C+=

This is an example of what happens when a feminist tries to understand logic.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-04 10:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
volkom said: »
Valefor.Vaeria said: »
In reality men and women are not created equal.

they are

Elaborate, please.
i was getting at the base process part. like the fertilization of the egg. but of course, genes and other factors would cause them not to be equal. shoot even in religion~ wasn't eve created from the rib of adam or something like that?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-04 10:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

they are

Elaborate, please.
i was getting at the base process part. like the fertilization of the egg. but of course, genes and other factors would cause them not to be equal. shoot even in religion~ wasn't eve created from the rib of adam or something like that?

Even then they are not equal. Females have an inherent value as they are the only ones who can create the next generation of life. No matter what a male does, its the females of a species that control the genetic material for that species. This is where the idea of male disposability came from and why we laugh when men get brutally killed but cringe when a fertile women gets killed. Males are born with nearly no value, the only value that possess is what they can demonstrate. Females are born with an incredible amount of value, for no other reason then they possess a womb.
By Nazrious 2014-10-04 10:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

they are

Elaborate, please.

Even then they are not equal. Females have an inherent value as they are the only ones who can create the next generation of life. No matter what a male does, its the females of a species that control the genetic material for that species. This is where the idea of male disposability came from and why we laugh when men get brutally killed but cringe when a fertile women gets killed. Males are born with nearly no value, the only value that possess is what they can demonstrate. Females are born with an incredible amount of value, for no other reason then they possess a womb.

Ok so any one read any D&D?

Drow Society:
Male enslavement and rape, worship of chaos goddess, matriarchs petty infighting due to lady drama and female ruthlessness. Yeah Spider should be the symbol of these neo naz... I mean Neo Feminists.

/thread
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-04 10:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Of course you could just join the other white knights and advocate for programming in C+=

This is an example of what happens when a feminist tries to understand logic.

Missed this part.

That's just insanity. I would love to see any type of real programming that can actually run on that nonsense. Oh wait that's right you still have to convert into machine code which relies solely on logic. So good luck with that. Unless they come up with a feminist model of electricity that can function properly in practice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-04 11:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to tell myself those are trolls, but i'm having trouble finding anything to indicate so
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 11:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you the guys who avoid going to female accountants, doctors, bankers, real estate agents and/or businesses because you feel genitalia should matter more than the sum total of their efforts? lol
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 11:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointing out strawmen feminists is a good way to appear like you have a point without actually having one.

Oooh, you're gonna throw out Anita Sarkeesian and bra burners next. What ever will I do? My bulwark will be shattered.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-04 11:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

God, help me! Why can't I tear myself away from this?

You're using biology selectively. Yes, there are differences, but don't ever fool yourselves into thinking that there isn't a symbiosis and outliers that change both males and females biologically with certain thresholds crossed in life.

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Really interesting article about DNA analysis that has advanced our understanding of the human body and created more questions.

DNA double take

Whole article spoiled because the NYTimes has an inconsistent paywall. The linked article cites multiple sources if you are interested in reading more about each story presented.

Edit:
the act of having a child is not a one-way transmission of genetic material
There is an exchange of DNA that passes into the mother

Previous thread.

Shuck your notions of continuing your lives with testosterone laden bravado, because you change with us. You hormonally become more "nurturing" also. (Hey! You may even get a "sympathy baby" also!)

As for tears mentioned earlier in the thread, guess what? You are biologically conditioned to react. The spirit is strong, but the hormones are weak.

So, for all of those who enjoy the biological compare and contrast to placate your notions of biological superiority, we're all pretty much walking hand-in-hand. I'm sorry you haven't found/might never find your hand to hold for the duration of your time on this planet.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-04 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is dangerous I might accidentally learn something.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 11:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the proper resources, training and knowledge, women are just as capable at specialized fields as men albeit they come at problems from a different point of view which is good overall for competition and the pursuit of knowledge. All the appeals to biology, reproduction and tradition fall flat in a world where humanity is taxing planetary resources and technology will soon render reproduction a trivial exercise. Women are weaker on average than dudes? STRAP AN EXO-SUIT ON HER. Samus Aran some ***.

From a practical sense, the average person isn't losing sleep at night regarding the viability of our species going out the next 10k years. What people do care about is the ability to self-determinate and pursuit their passions such that they can be effective members of progress-oriented society. This is hampered when society tells you no, you can't be an engineer because you've a crevasse in your pants. Or no, you can't be an interior decorator because that's sissy stuff, learn to kill maggot!

If my daughter wants to build bombs or my son sew dresses all I care is they do it well and with passion. Society too will appreciate someone who actually values skill rather than dangly parts.

The real argument of course is one of power and control, as it often is. The smarter (ability to think critically) women get on average, the less of a stranglehold men have over the means of reproduction, power and the societal values held most dear. It isn't very much different from why whites feared that black dude (he doesn't have a name) getting into the Oval Office. It's a fear that all the ***you've stirred will come back to blow up in your face. See: Heterosexual men being hit on by homosexual men - it's *** gold.

As for who cups my balls at the hospital, yanks out my teeth or handles my taxes? I'm gauging skill, not your genitalia. Don't disappoint 90lb female plumber, I'm rooting for ya. Just unclog my *** pipes efficiently or I will end you on Angie's List.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-04 11:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave me to my stereotypes though I don't want to learn on a Saturday.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 11:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Leave me to my stereotypes though I don't' want to learn on a Saturday.

You traded your brain for a silicone bag years ago, there's little to fear.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-04 11:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

With a body like this I don't have to think !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-04 11:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
With a body like this I don't have to think !

How's it feel to know you're winning at biology? You've managed to perfectly adapt to your surroundings and trounce all of the patriarchy.

God's gotta give you at least a blue ribbon and a coupon for $5 off shrimp at Applebeees for that.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-04 11:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How to be successful on Youtube be a woman with big boobs. Your results may vary.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-04 11:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What does a plus sign smell like? Is the number seven odd or just different?
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37