California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 35 36 37
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 15:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
.....do not quote book definitions at me.

Please. That insults my intelligence, and the intelligences of others, when you know damned well I was referring to intent, not dictionary definition.

The intent is to have sex. The action is to have sex. The crime is that it's not consensual.
You idiot.

The intent is to display power, force, and desire to instill fear and violate someone physically through physical force. The action used to violate someone physically happens to be through sexual intercourse.

Try talking to sex abuse counselors police, and other experts, who deal with the victims and the rapists.

You don't actually need that intent to rape someone. Raping is the action of having sex with someone without consent.
Rape is the intent, and action of having sex without consent (or violating someone through physical sexual assault). If there is no intent to have sex without consent, then it becomes a matter of not having sex, or a matter of consensual sex. Neither of which are rape.

Don't fckin speak rubbish as if you make sense to a person who knows.

Rape is a crime, regardless of intent.

IE see statutory Rape

Rape is a non consentual sexual act.

Regardless of Knowledge, intent, assumptions, and in some cases (Minors) even with consent.

Enough of this couch lawyering nonsense.

Also people can always choose to die, many don't, I likely would not.

Children would fall in the 99% culpability area. Infants can't even think as a human being and are thus no way possible of any culpability, nor are animals (Maybe smart *** military dolphins).

Culpability is not the same as being at fault it is a balancing test. Thus the more culpable party is usually held to pay the cost/ consequence.

For the morons:
If a really smart baby capable of thought and action failed to act, then yes they would be culpable, cus you know some one will be a smart ***.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-01 15:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
volkom said: »
That doesn't count, minors aren't men.

k
Quote:
240lb Seattle woman 'broke into man's apartment pinned him down and raped him while he slept'
source

Look I appreciate the anecdotal evidence, as well as the horrifically - yet humorous circumstances, but I really asking for broader statistics. Does it happen on an form that resembles the rate of men raping women?

probably not~ but how often would it be reported?
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-01 15:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
And you seem to think that someone who is falsely accused of rape is not at fault for putting themselves in that position, and shoudn't have any responsibility for it?

Sure I'll bite. I certainly am responsible for who I choose to pursue at a club. False accusers do exist. That doesn't change that they're still falsely accusing me of rape (just like being raped doesn't negate what the rapist did).
Not sure what your point is?

By your logic, you shouldn't have any issue with the law then. If you get falsely accused, then it is your own damn fault. Despite the fact that you are falsely accused.

It's also known as victim blaming.
By Instant 2014-10-01 15:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Maybe smart *** military dolphins

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And you seem to think that someone who is falsely accused of rape is not at fault for putting themselves in that position, and shoudn't have any responsibility for it?

Sure I'll bite. I certainly am responsible for who I choose to pursue at a club. False accusers do exist. That doesn't change that they're still falsely accusing me of rape (just like being raped doesn't negate what the rapist did).
Not sure what your point is?

By your logic, you shouldn't have any issue with the law then. If you get falsely accused, then it is your own damn fault. Despite the fact that you are falsely accused.

It's also known as victim blaming.
lol, seriously dude open your eyes, stop putting words into my mouth, and engage your critical thinking skills.

<milamber's troll skill drops by .5>
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-01 15:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't everybody a victim of something eventually?
 Valefor.Yoloswag
Server: Valefor
user: volkom
By Valefor.Yoloswag 2014-10-01 15:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

in nausi's case~ he's a victim of mouth rape
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 16:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Please. That insults my intelligence, and the intelligences of others, when you know damned well I was referring to intent, not dictionary definition.

The intent is to have sex. The action is to have sex. The crime is that it's not consensual.
You idiot.

The intent is to display power, force, and desire to instill fear and violate someone physically through physical force. The action used to violate someone physically happens to be through sexual intercourse.

Try talking to sex abuse counselors police, and other experts, who deal with the victims and the rapists.

You don't actually need that intent to rape someone. Raping is the action of having sex with someone without consent.
Rape is the intent, and action of having sex without consent (or violating someone through physical sexual assault). If there is no intent to have sex without consent, then it becomes a matter of not having sex, or a matter of consensual sex. Neither of which are rape.

IE see statutory Rape

Regardless of Knowledge, intent, assumptions, and in some cases (Minors) even with consent.

Children would fall in the 99% culpability area. Infants can't even think as a human being and are thus no way possible of any culpability, nor are animals (Maybe smart *** military dolphins).

Culpability is not the same as being at fault it is a balancing test. Thus the more culpable party is usually held to pay the cost/ consequence.

For the morons:
If a really smart baby capable of thought and action failed to act, then yes they would be culpable, cus you know some one will be a smart ***.
Most of me thinks they're simply ignorant of the words mean, but another part of me thinks they're incapable of learning it.
By volkom 2014-10-01 16:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

what?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-01 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no possible way I am in any way, shape, form, or fashion ignorant of what the word itself, devoid of context, on a piece of paper grouped with other word definitions, means.

Please don't make assumptions about my mental capabilities based upon a few replies on an effing MMORPG forum. <3

To touch upon something more on topic, the idea of statutory rape is just weird because there is no set standard of "of age" vs "underage" except within the borders of individual states, and even within those there are exceptions (the three year age difference that some states have).
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

I'm of victim of not caring about CA.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 16:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I'm of victim of not caring about CA.
I'm surprised that an earthquake hasn't cut off California from the rest of the states.

Damn it, do I need to get a bunch of garbage trucks together and drive over the fault line there???
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 16:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You idiot.

IE see statutory Rape

For the morons:
No ***, retard. No one was contesting that rape is still a crime. What I was explaining to Shiroi, is exactly what you said, and that it's classified as a violent crime for a reason.

Statutory rape, while still rape, technically falls under a different subset of laws on the matter.

though, for someone who "knows", you sure display a lot of "armchair lawyer" knowledge, without any actual knowledge on the issue at hand.

Additionally, you went beyond full retard with half of your reply.

Then again, as someone who supposedly knows, you should know that minors of a certain age based on the various state and federal laws, can't give a well informed legal consent, which is what classifies as statutory rape.

The differences between rape, and statutory rape are astounding, but that fact you tried, and failed, to link them as the same thing, to make a point that flew over even your own head, is almost mind boggling.

Almost.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-01 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to call someone a retard 3 times in order to win an argument. Fail.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cut off their supply of organic food and they will all starve !
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 16:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Only when someone's that *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Which he's proven to be on numerous accounts.

Then again, his whole argument against mine was precisely what I was asserting to begin with.
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was racist ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 16:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In your case, it's sexist.

So says the twins!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 16:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

In your case, it's sexist.

So says the twins!

That is a...response!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-01 16:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a race.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-01 16:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Only when someone's that *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Which he's proven to be on numerous accounts.

Then again, his whole argument against mine was precisely what I was asserting to begin with.

You have my respect for your knowledge on this subject.

:cookie:
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 16:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a race.
"they called that guy a racist. I've seen him run, and he's not that fast"
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally blame patriarchy cause who wants to keep arguing when we all know patriarchy is to blame.
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-01 16:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not a feminist.

I don't even like people, for God's sake.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 16:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not a feminist.

I don't even like people, for God's sake.
So, half feminist then?
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a feminist and I find this very offensive.

The funny part is taking this picture would never turn into an internet meme never !

A recent photo of me:

Red hair I swear all feminist have it too !

[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 16:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dominio's Pizza has weighed in on this also !

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 35 36 37