California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 12:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
There's false accusation of pretty much everything. This law passing or not is not going to affect any of this.

this law makes false accusations essentially guaranteed to land, even if the actual conditions were not something any rational person would consider a crime
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
*** someone who actually wants to *** you then and there's no problem...

But dude, she's showin' her ***. IM OWED THOSE TITAYS.

No one is arguing that rape is right. Everyone agrees it is wrong. However chicks getting drunk and feeling like a sl_t about it the next morning (or hour) isn't rape.
Its poor judgement. If they can't drink responsibly raise the damn age on drinking. It will eliminate a lot more rapes than this stupid law.

This law is going to INCREASE the amount of False rape accusations as well as convictions.

As for your example of her showing you her tiddies:
I suppose a woman stripping in front of you or showing your her "titays" should mean she wants nothing to do with you. How *** scientific! Absolutely marvelous. So Unless a woman comes up to you and hands you a contract with her initials on each page and a big *** signature at the end of it, right where it says "you have permission to engage in sexual intercourse with me" every man should treat every advance as a *** tease?

How about no *** tease in the first place?
Based on what evidence will this increase the amount of false rape accusations as well as convictions?

Why does everything you say seem to lean towards if a woman acts a way you deem a tease or an advance they owe you sex?

No contract needed... Like I said... *** someone who actually wants to *** you and there's no problem..

You've never heard of women regretting it afterwards?
They don't need to be intoxicated for them to regret it. Do you know how many women claim rape because they've cheated on their boyfriend with someone else? or say they "were drunk"?

You don't seem to have gone out in a long time.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 12:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »

I suppose in your feminized world a woman showing you her titts means she wants to be friends?

OK, When I show them my penis it means I want to talk about spirituality.

Means alot of things. Maybe she just wants to be sexy and tease hapless men like yourself or maybe she wants to ***. Or maybe she's sweating and dem tittays need some oxygen. Open that mouth of yours, flair up those peacock feathers and see where this party leads. You might get shut down or you may have just snagged the motherload. You're on stage, dance puppet, dance.

A pair of breasts in my face is quite arousing but it doesn't mean homegirl wants the D. At least my D. Sometimes she's looking for the V. Mmm, complexity is quite the thing in our world.

Clearly you have no idea what the discussion is about. If you did you wouldn't bring such an out of place example as to support whatever point it is you're trying to make.

If you did know what the issue was you would have mentioned that at ANY POINT in the exchange she can CLAIM RAPE because she didn't actually ever say yes.

You're clearly the one who hasn't gotten enough of the opposite sex as demonstrated in your limited understanding and experience in how SEX STARTS AT FOREPLAY.... well, of course that is what its like for those of us who don't have to pay hookers for it.
Maybe you should pay hookers for it... Would solve some of that confusion you're having with the issue.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is arguing that rape is right. Everyone agrees it is wrong. However chicks getting drunk and feeling like a sl_t about it the next morning (or hour) isn't rape.
Its poor judgement. If they can't drink responsibly raise the damn age on drinking. It will eliminate a lot more rapes than this stupid law.

This law is going to INCREASE the amount of False rape accusations as well as convictions.

As for your example of her showing you her tiddies:
I suppose a woman stripping in front of you or showing your her "titays" should mean she wants nothing to do with you. How *** scientific! Absolutely marvelous. So Unless a woman comes up to you and hands you a contract with her initials on each page and a big *** signature at the end of it, right where it says "you have permission to engage in sexual intercourse with me" every man should treat every advance as a *** tease?

How about no *** tease in the first place?
Based on what evidence will this increase the amount of false rape accusations as well as convictions?

Why does everything you say seem to lean towards if a woman acts a way you deem a tease or an advance they owe you sex?

No contract needed... Like I said... *** someone who actually wants to *** you and there's no problem..

They don't need to be intoxicated for them to regret it. Do you know how many women claim rape because they've cheated on their boyfriend with someone else? or say they "were drunk"?

You don't seem to have gone out in a long time.
Tell me how many claim rape because of those reasons. I don't think you have any idea what any of these statistics actually are.

I love that stance... if you won't agree with my completely unsubstantiated point of view then you must have not gotten out much!
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 12:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
because the very thought of someone mentioning dress in a topic about rape paints a target on their back.

Don't rape.

What someone is wearing has literally zero to do with it.

What someone is or isn't wearing is a red herring in the rape argument.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-10-01 12:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose in your feminized world a woman showing you her titts means she wants to be friends?

OK, When I show them my penis it means I want to talk about spirituality.
How is this a feminized world?

They'll probably just laugh if you show them lol...

Just what a woman wants to see: A faceless, limp ***.

Nice job, hero.
Unlike you I'm not willing to concede my equality for sex. I don't really give a flying f_ck if they are impressed with it or not. I'm not desperate enough to treat every interaction with the female gender as an opportunity for sex, especially when there is a principle to be demonstrated. Unlike you femboy, I won't go with whatever gets me laid because I enjoy enough sex to actually you know, recognize that I have rights too?

But you carry on worshiping your femgodess and letting her trample all over you in the friendzone. Just makes real males all that more desirable by them.
 Valefor.Yoloswag
Server: Valefor
user: volkom
By Valefor.Yoloswag 2014-10-01 12:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tips to not get raped.
1. don't be stupid
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
There's false accusation of pretty much everything. This law passing or not is not going to affect any of this.

this law makes false accusations essentially guaranteed to land, even if the actual conditions were not something any rational person would consider a crime

No, you still need to prove you were so drunk it could be considered rape. Like cameras in clubs or people filming, eye witnesses.
Obviously you haven't realized that our justice system changed to "guilty until proven innocent" in some judge's minds.

And there are a lot of radical judges in California looking to make a new finding in the legal system.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 12:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you know there's a burden of proof on the prosecutor, and that there is such a thing as countersuit to false accusations?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 13:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Did you know there's a burden of proof on the prosecutor, and that there is such a thing as countersuit to false accusations?
How many of those countersuits win though?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
because the very thought of someone mentioning dress in a topic about rape paints a target on their back.

Don't rape.

my point exactly, the only mention of dress i made was to say that dress doesn't make the defendant responsible in a rape case before going on to mention a contrary opinion on alcohol use and later regret

you just proved my point better than i ever could
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, I've been emasculated by the sexperts here on XIAH.com, whatever will I do now my bulwark has been shattered by the piercing light of truth. A guy yelling that cockteasing should be stopped and another guy claiming im a 'femboy'. Man, this is really cream of the crop male coming after me.

To think that every woman out there is chomping at the bit to nail you for rape because you failed to deliver in bed is textbook misogyny. Get over yourself, you're not that special. I'm more worried about a number of other far more pressing concerns than being rape-bombed by some chick. Like catching an STD.

Further, foreplay is exactly that. FOREPLAY. If a woman is showing them tittays, don't be so arrogant as to believe you're OWED anything. Courtship dance your way and perhaps she might put out or maybe you'll just get shut down. Dems the breaks, tuck your limp noodle between your legs and try again later. Learn from your fails to succeed better next time. Or again, marry early and to someone you trust, I'm not judging you.

I'm hardly a romance expert but seriously sometimes you guys live up to the stereotypes that geeky dudes have no idea how women work. She could be slapping her clit against the ground screaming like Tarzan and you're still entitled to nothing until you win her over with your charm.

So flair up guys, we don't have our intelligence for nothing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 13:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Don't rape.

my point exactly, the only mention of dress i made was to say that dress doesn't make the defendant responsible in a rape case before going on to mention a contrary opinion on alcohol use and later regret

you just proved my point better than i ever could

Apologies for taking that point out of context, then. Standing alone it reads like the trite defense of "oh, she dressed like a ***, that makes it her fault".

There's no reason to even mention what they're wearing, unless they've got a signed consent form pinned to their chest. And even then I'd probably proceed with caution.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-10-01 13:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

When the police have the resources to treat rape accusations seriously, almost half are proven to be false.
Quote:
"Kanin (1994)
In 1994, Eugene J. Kanin of Purdue University investigated the incidences of false rape allegations made to the police in one small urban community between 1978 and 1987. He states that unlike those in many larger jurisdictions, this police department had the resources to "seriously record and pursue to closure all rape complaints, regardless of their merits." He further states each investigation "always involves a serious offer to polygraph the complainants and the suspects" and "the complainant must admit that no rape had occurred. She is the sole agent who can say that the rape charge is false."
The number of false rape allegations in the studied period was 45; this was 41% of the 109 total complaints filed in this period.[16] The researchers verified, whenever possible, for all of the complainants who recanted their allegations, that their new account of the events matched the accused's version of events."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 13:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

No, you still need to prove you were so drunk it could be considered rape. Like cameras in clubs or people filming, eye witnesses.
Obviously you haven't realized that our justice system changed to "guilty until proven innocent" in some judge's minds.

And there are a lot of radical judges in California looking to make a new finding in the legal system.

Still, even without this law, anyone can accuse you of rape or assault or whatever. It doesn't enable more accusations, it just clarifies what is considered rape.
That's the problem though. The broad definition of consent enables more lawsuits to occur.

Most of those lawsuits would not be considered rape in any other state, but because of the broad definitions, in CA it would be.

Then you come across a radical judge who is "out to make examples of all rapists out there" and you will find a lot of people in jail who, by definition of every other legal system out there, is innocent.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If these women would stop dressing so seductively, MAYBE MEN WOULD STOP RAPING THEM.

*looks at the middle east / india / pakistan*

Oh.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 13:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No it doesn't.
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, sheep is too good, at least they run if they actually saw a wolf not disguised as a sheep.

Lot of you are strait up idiots that expects a wolf to smile and tip his hat at you because your a nice loving person (alleged).

Women can and will be vindictive for so many reasons.
Guys can and will take advantage of a situation if they feel they can.

This law helps neither men or women, Just something for PC sheep to tout as the Godsend for rape victims, when they have no clue.

I could twist this law so much that if my Son ever got into trouble False or otherwise in Cali, lol Cali, I'd have the "Victim" basically at wits end bat ***crazy and ready to go blow up the capitol building, or w/e joke of a place Cali makes their laws at.

Raise your Kids right, beat some sense into em if you have to, put the fear of you in them. Hope they turn out as half decent people and cross your fingers for the rest.

Also I support Prostitution legalization way more than Pot legalization. WTF is a joint gonna do for you better then a hot lady, who is willing and able?

But this argument keeps going along these lines:
1) Rape is bad
2) Victims need protection
3) The Law is the only means of protecting victims
4) Thinking otherwise is wrong/ evil

Let me make it simple. I hope you all keep living the way you are living.

Gives me and my offspring a better chance at taking advantage of the system to fulfill our ends.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 13:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of stupid in this thread is too damn high.

Sex doesn't start at foreplay, considering people have different ideas as to what foreplay consists of.

Sex doesn't start at foreplay either. It greatly increases your chances of becoming involved, but is never a guarantee unless you do it in a way that stimulates the partner into giving it up.

Some people out there consider beating their victim half to death and instilling violent fear into them as foreplay, so what then, genius?

Oh right, assault and battery, domestic abuse, etc.

Then again, just whipping out dem tittays, as Sparth says, and then having a horny guy checking them out, doesn't make it rape. You haven't done anything to violate their being, other than maybe staring a little longer than appropriate.

The way Nausi tries to further victimize the victims, then subsequently preach about a culture of victimization in other threads, shows that he's one of the "Legitimate Rape" guys. Nothing more needs be said.

But it's only victimization culture if your poor and of a different ethnic background than rich white folks. And that real victims don't exist.

Let's be real - ***happens in life beyond your control, due to the negligence, laziness, or other factors which cause distress and harm. But nice attempt at the stray bullet defense being the victim's fault for being in the way of the bullet.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 13:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To think that every woman out there is chomping at the bit to nail you for rape because you failed to deliver in bed is textbook misogyny. Get over yourself, you're not that special. I'm more worried about a number of other far more pressing concerns than being rape-bombed by some chick. Like catching an STD.
Back to the personal arguments. Nobody can have an opinion without being invested, got it.

While we're at it, the 'regret' portion of false allegations is usually because their bf/family/someone found out and the only way they can rationalize it is saying it was rape. They get pressured into talking to the police after that. It's nothing to do with sexual performance.

No it doesn't.
you don't need to get a conviction to ruin someone's life with your accusations, countless people are fired, kicked out of universities, or otherwise have their lives destroyed by just the allegation

rape is already the most frequent crime to have false reports, with all estimates putting it over 4x as high as the next frequent.. women don't need more tools to do so
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If these women would stop dressing so seductively, MAYBE MEN WOULD STOP RAPING THEM.

*looks at the middle east / india / pakistan*

Oh.
What a chicken ***move. But then again, I didn't expect much to start with.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 13:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically where you are coming from is that your own existance inherently makes you culpable in everything that happens related to yourself?

Yes! You are responsible for the events that result from your own existence. I mean are you really saying that someone else is?

That doesn't mean you can't still be the victim of a crime.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 13:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
The amount of stupid in my post is too damn high.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 13:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So basically where you are coming from is that your own existance inherently makes you culpable in everything that happens related to yourself?

Yes! You are responsible for the events that result from your own existence. I mean are you really saying that someone else is?

That doesn't mean you can't still be the victim of a crime.

Nah Devil makes people do bad ***.

FFS idiots make the world a worse place to live in just by the act of breathing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-10-01 13:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So Sparthos and crew believe that disagreeing with this law means you're a rapist.

Good game!
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 13:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So Spathos and crew believe that disagreeing with this law means you're a rapist.

Good game!

Disagreeing with Cali law means your probably not an idiot, and possibly according to these guys/gals a male alpha wolf misogynistic Rapist.

Damn the idiot label scares me more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37