First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-11 08:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Why dont you ask someone you know to pay your account this month and refund him later?

His account is blocked as he said. The only way out is waiting the time on the blocking elapse. Apparently in USA the only way to add crysta is by using a credit card. If you have credit card blocked, you have a "tough luck" situation.

In Japan you can add Crysta with a credit card or with Webmoney (www.webmoney.jp), the later being what I use to fund my game.

Finally, if you register a valid NTT Docomo mobile phone on the account, you also have an option to pay using NTT's mobile payment.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/account/crysta/charge.html

You see, in Japan you should have no problem going to a Seveneleven to buy a Webmonies prepaid card or pay with your mobile phone, even if you have your credit card blocked. -_______-;
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-11 08:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Why dont you ask someone you know to pay your account this month and refund him later?

His account is blocked as he said. The only way out is waiting the time on the blocking elapse. Apparently in USA the only way to add crysta is by using a credit card. If you have credit card blocked, you have a "tough luck" situation.

In Japan you can add Crysta with a credit card or with Webmoney (www.webmoney.jp), the later being what I use to fund my game.

Finally, if you register a valid NTT Docomo mobile phone on the account, you also have an option to pay using NTT's mobile payment.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/account/crysta/charge.html

You see, in Japan you should have no problem going to a Seveneleven to buy a Webmonies card or pay with your mobile phone, even if you have your credit card blocked. -_______-;

Any possibility of someone outside jp do have access to that?
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-11 08:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Any possibility of someone outside jp do have access to that?

Only if SE revamp their billing system. Apparently they have three separated billing systems, one for each region.

We're supposedly under the USA system. Go to the site and read the "contract" and the terms of service for the SE Account site.

When I access the site it shows up in English but as I log into the site everything changes to Japanese... lol
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-10-11 09:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I got rid of the 401 issue. All i did was unregister credit card payment from account, then i bought crysta and no 401
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-11 09:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
I got rid of the 401 issue. All i did was unregister credit card payment from account, then i bought crysta and no 401

How you put crysta on the account ? You aware that what appears on the site varies based on the address given to SE at the time the account is made ? (I mean I can't see the funding/billing options which are available for you due to being in a different country)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-11 09:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Joined the bandwagon, can only hope if we swarm them with complaints they'll eventually do something...I wish.

The 14 side has a thread with over 100 pages and not a *** was given, this is really worrisome.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-10-11 10:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

How you put crysta on the account ? You aware that what appears on the site varies based on the address given to SE at the time the account is made ? (I mean I can't see the funding/billing options which are available for you due to being in a different country)
i payed the crysta with the same card that was registered on the account, so i unregister the card and looks like it lifted the 401 error. I used a visa card. I'm from Puerto Rico.

This is not good for SE, they are losing lots of money because their shitty payment methods
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2014-10-11 11:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix could be making a lot more money if they would do two things: Fix their FFXI support/payment stuff and advertised FFXI more. :/
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 11:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Square Enix could be making a lot more money if they would do two things: Fix their FFXI support/payment stuff and advertised FFXI more. :/

First thing I have ever agreed with Skjalf over lol

(not being mean! just don't normally agree with your sets :£ WHERE THE MEOW THOUGH!!!!)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 11:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Joined the bandwagon, can only hope if we swarm them with complaints they'll eventually do something...I wish.

The 14 side has a thread with over 100 pages and not a *** was given, this is really worrisome.

Everyone stops paying - watch them bust our a maintenance / paypal option in 5 minutes flat
By Zephin 2014-10-11 12:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had this problem a couple days ago, i wait 3 days, now tried again. I updated credit card info, then reactivated no problem. When i had tried 3 days ago, i reactivated 1 char but got
401 error on the 2nd one. Now i have 2nd char activated.
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-11 13:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep error 401.....I changed banks last week guess SE no likey lol
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-11 21:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

Anyone that has had this error, or has been using Paypal to buy crysta might wanna go post here on the OF.

Also just a reminder if you get a 401 to not try immediately again. (read through thread for more info). If you try more than a few times you're gonna end up with a 30 day block on your account.
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-11 23:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-12 06:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i just got hit with 401, tried 2 diff cards , nothing. Gonna unlink everything and try Crysta instead.

Edit: Nope nothing works, prob blocked for 30 days now. Good job SE hope lizardsquad shuts you down XD
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-12 06:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you do, don't keep trying. Just gonna make it worse for yourself :/
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-12 06:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yea somehow i see this issue never being resolved
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-12 07:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say it's also ridiculous how you cannot know how long your block lasts and when you can try again. There are just so many levels of *** in this ***I can't even fathom what they're doing at SE.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-12 07:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

are u locked out too still?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-12 07:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried adding crysta in advance some time ago and got 401'd, tried with 3 cards without even knowing why(since there is no explanation about it). Then I saw these threads and I stopped trying, now I'm afraid of doing it at all cause I have no idea what kind of lock they put on me.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-12 07:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can even see a bit of sense in blocking the card for consecultive and similar transactions (maybe for security of hacker attack) but blocking the account for payment, i really cant see any reason for do that.

About trying diferent cards, it does work for me, but i already long ago gave up trying to direct pay the site. What i do now is to go straight to crysta, and in fact, stopping after first 401. And recharge for at lesst 2 months, and if there are other account, make diferent charges (one account charged for 2 months, the other for 3, so you will never make consecultive transactions).

To add the block issue, i can not say if its the account itself, but im positive the card does get blocked. When i get 401 in one account, i will get 401 in any my other account (same card) (none linked to other), in both pc and ipad, in mozilla, internet explorer or safari.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-12 07:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw for me it was trying to add crysta. So that method is no different than direct payment.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-12 08:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point of this moronic setup is prevent the situation where they're obligated to return money to customers or banking institutions due to *** (on the customer part) or fraud.

When they first instated the 14 days trial system back in 2007 Chinese scum started to abuse it to make RMT mule accounts. The problem is that the system requires that a valid Japanese credit card is input when making such an account (before the free trial system was made available there were no region blocking on credit cards) so Chinese were using stolen credit cards to make the accounts. Also that was how they put strong restrictions on trial accounts, like preventing them from inviting other players to party or sending tells or making shouts.

Annoying. I REALLY HATE RMT as because of them I pay 30% more for FFXI than I would if I could pay directly.

I was able to pay directly from 2003 until 2011 when my 2008ish credit card expired. Lucky me I could use a card which was already registered for a few more years.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-12 08:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I used a MC debit card from May to end of August this year with no problems on a new account.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-12 08:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point of this moronic setup is prevent the situation where they're obligated to return money to customers or banking institutions due to *** (on the customer part) or fraud.

When they first instated the 14 days trial system back in 2007 Chinese scum started to abuse it to make RMT mule accounts. The problem is that the system requires that a valid Japanese credit card is input when making such an account (before the free trial system was made available there were no region blocking on credit cards) so Chinese were using stolen credit cards to make the accounts. Also that was how they put strong restrictions on trial accounts, like preventing them from inviting other players to party or sending tells or making shouts.

Annoying. I REALLY HATE RMT as because of them I pay 30% more for FFXI than I would if I could pay directly.

I was able to pay directly from 2003 until 2011 when my 2008ish credit card expired. Lucky me I could use a card which was already registered for a few more years.

Hm... I got it.

I like to read your posts.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-12 12:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

this is just a huge inconvienence for me, i was supposed to pick up yoshimitsu last night >.<
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-12 14:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yea

Quote:
not so much, they used to ban anyone who chargebacked, rmt aren't looking to get their stock wiped or usable characters banned.. when they were making $50/m, they could certainly afford monthly fees

Quote:

ffxi isn't the only game with rmt, but most of the others don't go through this.. SE is the entity you should be upset with, and you should post on the OF topic if you want it to change
By greebo 2014-10-12 15:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"Originally posted by Nyope."

Currently we have no plans to change the billing system in your region.
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-12 21:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I am gonna see what SE does when I report them to the BBB :) It for sure gets results with other companies :)
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-12 21:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been pestering so much on the OF. Not that I'm really expecting a response, as far as I can tell the 110+ page on the 14 forums never got a response either.

It's kinda sad skimming through that thread, so many people who unintentionally block themselves out for 30 days. Why is that even a thing? Seriously can't wrap my mind around how effing stupid whoever designed that system is. At least post a warning or actually disable the page so we can't keep trying and *** ourselves like that. Let us be able to remove the block from phone support. No RMT stealing cards is gonna be calling in, and it should be pretty obvious from common sense to tell over the phone whether we're legit people or not. Do they really not really how damaging being locked out of an MMO for 30 days can be?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10