Error code 401
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Quetzalcoatl.Ravna
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Ravna
By Quetzalcoatl.Ravna 2013-08-06 08:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

After Click and buy was stopped and I needed to change my payment method. I've been getting error 401 when trying to reactivate. My card registers fine, but it is when trying to reactivate.

I find this weird as my 2nd account is working just fine, and its the same card and same details. I do have plenty enough money on it and all the small fees goes through fine.

No matter how much I've tried to tell SE when talking to them that the 2nd account works fine and it's nothing wrong with my card. They keep repeating themself saying it is, and it is not their fault.

I am getting rather depressed about this whole thing because it seems like there is no way to fix it whatsoever. Anyone that knows how to fix this?
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-06 09:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just use paypal myself and crysta was the easiest way out for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ravna
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ravna
By Quetzalcoatl.Ravna 2013-08-06 09:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, as I am Norwegian I have no way of buying crysta at this point.

To be quite honest, I'd rather buy crysta.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-08-06 09:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible that your bank blocked the 2nd charge. Many banks have safeties in place to prevent accidental double charging that block attempts of the same amount within a certain time period, and since SE's system automatically charges both account at the exact same time you bank's safety could easily kick in. You may have to contact your bank about it.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago the month before SE switched over from POL billing to the integrated Square Accounts. I called SE like 3 or 4 times about it and they never resolved it, had to wait for the next billing cycle to come around for it to get fixed.
 Leviathan.Banota
Server: Leviathan
user: Variable
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 03:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having the same issue now, I couldn't play since May 2013 because of error 401.

I have tried literally everything, from what ever SE requested me to do beside using 5 different CC 6 different PCs to pay & sent a scanned copy of my CC to SE, bank says nothing wrong with my CCS, I even bought the new expansion that I never played with the same CC I pay for ffxi, SE keeps saying that they will investigate but nothing ever worked they don't know how to solve the problem or what was the reason for the cause. I have been playing since 2006 and never had payment issues before. So since May till now SE couldn't solve the problem.

Guess I should just pack my stuff and fly to TOKYO to camp there Headquarter office and solve the problem.
By Antonaki 2013-08-19 03:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ravna said: »
Sadly, as I am Norwegian I have no way of buying crysta at this point.

To be quite honest, I'd rather buy crysta.

Having the exact same issue right now. I live in norway and cant get crysta, updated my CC and getting 401 even though i have been paying for my GF account the last 12 months with it.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 04:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant get Crysta either
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 04:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

KILL ME

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 04:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I did try that but I get the error 401

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 04:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

To me it feels like this is purposely done, but why? I seriously don't know yet. Are they trying to make people buy crysta? but its not for all regions. I remember way back when they started implementing verified by visa, then moved to Click and buy and now crysta (but its not for all)
By Antonaki 2013-08-19 04:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been with online chat to SE for the last hour.. My payment info updated but cant reactivate. He say, delete all cookies and your cache, this doesnt work. then he sayd issue with your bank, this is also ***. i just wish when they didnt know they would say.. i dont know.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 05:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Same stuff, then they will ask you to try with another PC. And submit payment after 24 hours. Down the line they will ask you to provide them with a scanned copy of the CC used revealing the last 4 digits.... But they never say " WE DONT KNOW"
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 05:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I am willing to sue them if this didn't work, seriously we pay for the CDS and monthly fees plus expansion and yet cant play? DAMN SE

Post deleted by User.
By Antonaki 2013-08-19 05:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Honestly if you want to get around it, people posted the alternative to just buying Ultimate Gamecards and using the codes to purchase crysta.

Yes it sucks having to leave the comfort of your house, and the thought of interacting with other human-beings is stomach churning to some but if you wanna live in the comfort and safety of your home with little to no real world interactivity and continue to tan in front of your LCD screen, than Gamestop is gonna be your alternative.

Not everyone can use crysta.. no matter how you want to buy it.

Post deleted by User.
By Antonaki 2013-08-19 05:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea, you can use crysta in Germany, you cant in Norway, not sure about other countries.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 05:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant in Middle east either
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-19 06:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[Crediting an Account with Square Enix Crysta]
UltimatePay can be used to purchase Square Enix Crysta. For details on Square Enix Crysta, please refer to the Square Enix Account Management System.
http://account.square-enix.com
* Square Enix Crysta cannot be used in some countries and regions.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-20 00:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really stressing, I always managed to find solutions and solve problems in my work field but seriously I don't understand why SE not doing anything, very confident that no one will leave the game unless another MMO hits the market that could beat all MMO games. looking forward for Elder scrolls online ; ;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-20 00:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say confident, just stupid. They've spent a lot of time making it a pain in the *** to give them our money.

I've had times where I couldn't play for days at a time due to not being able to pay them because they'd decline my card for no apparent reason.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-20 01:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shall I send them a parcel with a dead rat? teaching them a lesson
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-20 02:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Honestly if you want to get around it, people posted the alternative to just buying Ultimate Gamecards and using the codes to purchase crysta.

Yes it sucks having to leave the comfort of your house, and the thought of interacting with other human-beings is stomach churning to some but if you wanna live in the comfort and safety of your home with little to no real world interactivity and continue to tan in front of your LCD screen, than Gamestop is gonna be your alternative.
Idiot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-26 04:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Will have a gaming magazine write about all the issues ffxi players are having with SE. Don't be surprised if you have seen your replies to the posts posted somewhere with no nicknames.
By Antonaki 2013-08-26 05:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So its been 3 weeks now, called SE again this morning, i have been getting error 401 when trying to reactivate, i had to change my payment method due to the C&B cancellation. My issue started when i tried to use my Norwegian CC while i was in the UK. The Rep i spoke to today said that in trying that it placed a "Block" on my account, this block will last 30 days unless head office business section removes it, with the release of AAR they are busy though so it may take a while... then he tells me this....

IF YOU TRY AND REACTIVATE WHILE YOU HAVE THIS BLOCK IT WILL RESET THE 30 DAY TIMER!!!!!

W...T...F...

If i had been told this the first time i contacted them my block would nearly be off anyway...

So if you get error 401 contact them and DON'T spam your payment update or reactivation options everyday.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-26 06:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not the reason for the error 401, there was no block on my cards and still get the error, I even waited 60 days incase of a block but same thing.

surely its caused by C&B, I have contacted SE again now via chat and as usual they are very busy with ffxiv and they will investigate when they can and update me......
 Shiva.Ashmulder
Server: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2013-08-26 16:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Banota said: »
That's not the reason for the error 401, there was no block on my cards and still get the error, I even waited 60 days incase of a block but same thing.

surely its caused by C&B, I have contacted SE again now via chat and as usual they are very busy with ffxiv and they will investigate when they can and update me......

ive never used click and buy and got error 401 this month, so don t think its only a c and b issue.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-27 07:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV will be having the same issue too since payments will be done through SE management system.
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10