Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-11-04 22:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
It would be nice for them to implement a new system soon and perhaps hand out mythic 75 bonanza kupons or somethin for everyone affected. That's the world I some day want to live in.

I would be happy with a system that worked. Why remove paypal? It makes no sense. Square runs like the government. I was on hold for two hours today, both times I called... I got someone named Joal. Coincidence? No. One person works there to handle the ffxi accounts. That's why you get placed on hold for hours on end to attempt to get a company to take your money.

Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-05 01:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The shittier part out of all this is that they removed paypal with no notice. They warned people that UP was discontinuing it's game card and point system, but UP itself is still up and running. Why they took that away without having a backup ready is mind-blowing.

Whatever my problem is, it's not an easy fix. I've been getting these errors for months and was just using paypal. I've been locked out of 2/3 of my accounts since Oct. 2 :/ No matter what I do I just can't get it to use my canadian cc's, and because you can't change the region of your address I can't put in my american address that's tied to my american cards. So dumb.

It's been over a month since they took out UP, at first I thought they'd take it seriously and get a fix in quickly (you'd think when you have hundreds/probably thousands of people with this error it'd be a high priority) but now I'm highly doubting it's something they'll have fixed this year.
[+]
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2014-11-05 07:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
What's going on Egonn!?

Basically since I moved from NY to PA and tried to use a CC, they blocked me from using a credit card, you know... just in case someone else wanted to pay for me to play the game. I didn't know what the 401 error is, but one reason is that the address on the account didn't match the billing zip of the credit card. They said that if I changed that, that I would be okay. But since I tried so many times before calling them they put a temp block on the account being paid for. While I still have some crysta left, I'm rather bothered by being on hold for 2 hours yesterday and talking to the same person that did nothing to resolve the situation as far as I can tell. All he told me was: "Eventually we'll have another payment method"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-05 12:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife was also having payment issues. She said *** the 24 hour wait and just spammed the hell out of various things.
She probably did 7+ attempts with the last try working after getting the on-file card updated.

So one thing I can say with a fair certainty is that whatever payment method you have registered affects everything and if it's not a working card it may affect other parts such as purchasing crysta with another card.

But I found it interesting that she didn't have to wait on the 24 hour lockout. SE has no idea how their own system even works.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-05 13:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
She said *** the 24 hour wait and just spammed the hell out of various things.

Thats the only way to go.

SE has no idea how their own system even works.

Just took you forever to understand zzzzz
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-05 13:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
She said *** the 24 hour wait and just spammed the hell out of various things.

Thats the only way to go.

SE has no idea how their own system even works.

Just took you forever to understand zzzzz
your attitude is almost as bad as jet's

'it isnt a problem for me, so it isn't a problem for anyone'

...no, that's not true. They don't even understand their own system, how can you profess to understand it better? I had a card rejected, a lock applied, and a second card rejected. Wait a day, try second card again. Rejected. Wait a day, try second card again. Rejected. Wait a week, try second card again. Worked. I changed nothing in my account information, did not change my registered payment, did not change anything to do with the second card. The first card triggered the block, trying a legitimate card too soon resulted in my being forced to wait to activate that account.

There is clearly some sort of block in place, and clearly some people(Calipso, for one) are being effected by it. This is supported by them outright saying a block exists.

Telling everyone to spam it might help a couple people, but it's just as likely to get others locked out. Unless you've seen their source code or work at SE, you are not the least bit qualified to state anything as fact.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-05 14:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is either definitely a block, or something really wrong with something somewhere. I still can't get my accounts working. I have tried literally everything that's been suggested by se/others a dozen times over.

Keep in mind EU system is a little different than NA system.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-05 14:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
There is either definitely a block, or something really wrong with something somewhere. I still can't get my accounts working. I have tried literally everything that's been suggested by se/others a dozen times over.

Keep in mind EU system is a little different than NA system.
I would agree that the systems are separate and what is for one, may not be the case for the other.

I think it's also probably worth saying that SE says "You may get a 24 hour or 30 day block". We can only draw a vague picture of how things actually work. This event is starkly against what they said I could do and that makes me wonder how often this block actually applies. The only thing I can say for sure is that SE is not giving the reps any decent information. They never know what the issue is and their fraud system is a mystery, even to them.

I'd be slightly more forgiving if they wouldn't constantly try to blame our banks or us for the problems and just admit it is them and try the best they can to help.

Why are you in this thread?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-05 14:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I arrived earlier than you? Ive been here for 10 months?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/39981/error-code-401/3/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-05 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I arrived earlier than you?

Lies...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/39981/error-code-401#2445950
By Pantafernando 2014-11-05 14:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I arrived earlier than you?

Lies...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/39981/error-code-401#2445950

Ouch. Youre right.
But still, Im here, because for 10 months Ive been trying to share what Ive been facing with this 401.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-05 15:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch. Youre right.
But still, Im here, because for 10 months Ive been trying to share what Ive been facing with this 401.

So you're still not able to get in then?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-05 15:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

because you can't change the region of your address I can't put in my american address that's tied to my american cards. So dumb.

So I had a thought. Could you call CS and have them remove your POL account from your current SEID and then make a new SEID with your american address?

I've had a POL account removed from an SEID before so I know it can be done. I just don't know if by doing this you could get around that.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-05 15:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch. Youre right.

So you're still not able to get in then?

Ive been playing till now by swapping all my mothers cards, but I know this isnt a safe solution. Card blocks every 2 tries, then I need to go to the next card in order to keep playing. Dont know how long the blocks last (though I always can ue same card next month), but Ive been charging for 2 months, just to be safe, then alternating mules paying day (i have one that will need crysta next month, and other who will need crysta in 2 months, so, unless I make a mistake at some time, I wont need to make consecultive transactions with same card).

Maybe someday I will ran out of card (all of them becoming useless), and in that moment I wont have any place to run, so, its my best interest that this problem can be solved in a safe way.

But I will always believe waiting isnt the best solution, and so far, Ive been reading more people playing by trying other sources rather than waiting.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-05 18:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just found this while googling around for what a 601 might mean >_>

Quote:
Just an FYI on this, to hopefully save you some hassle.

601 is the generic error code for "suspicious credit card activity" I have two accounts, and trying to bill both on the same day let one work, and the other got error 601'd. I ended up spending 2 hours waiting for S-E customer service, only to be told that I should stagger my billing.

That's not the main issue, though. The S-E rep said every time you get error 601, your ability to try and pay via credit card is revoked for one day, and each time you get a 601 error while still under the effects of the previous 601, you double the amount of time you're not allowed to try and pay by credit card.

So if you're like me, get confused, and end up getting like 4 or 5 601 errors in a single day (Trying multiple times, multiple cards, whatever), You could be looking at an 8 or 16 day ban from attempting to pay via credit card (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc...) The ban doubles each time, and it caps out at 90 days, according to the S-E rep.

Needless to say, I was annoyed. I ended up going to a local Fred Meyer's (Kroger's) store and buying some of those Ultimate Gamer Cards, and buying Crysta using them.

Stupid as hell, but it is S-E afterall, and I did want to play their game.

Good luck.

Seems like almost everything they say contradicts themselves or is just incorrect.

Seriously wish they'd get off their *** and fix this ***, and give their customer reps the actual proper information to pass along to customers. :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-05 20:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just found this while googling around for what a 601 might mean >_>

My wife got multiple 601's yesterday when she succeeded in getting her billing done. While I obviously wouldn't take this as any kind of law, it does make me have to wonder. Again, perhaps the "outside of US" system is a bit stricter? But I'd imagine that they are very likely to be quite similar. The information is just so fragmented and conflicting...
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-11-11 17:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got off the phone with a Square Enix representative (or whatever) involving a 401 error with trying to transfer my character. Square Enix is officially working to get rid of the 401 errors and they're coming up with alternative payment methods, and there's going to be an official announcement soon-ish. Just thought this might of been a shine of light for all of you.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-11 17:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. Let's just hope it's a "some time this year soon" and not a "cait-sith soon" :(

Free week is nice and all but kind of a bummer knowing at the end I'm gonna be out of a game again.

PS: I hope the rep you talked to was being truthful and not just humoring you :(

Been out since Oct2 and would really like my damn char back sometime this year>_>
By Calico 2014-11-20 07:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news23840.shtml

About time SE, now get it fixed quickly.
By omegazero7777 2014-11-20 11:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having the same problem on my 5 accounts when I was trying to add crysta via credit card and I was getting the error 401 code as well and on my 1 account I tried at least 8 times with different credit cards and it was within the same hour and it didn't work. I was trying to add crysta by the $10, $20 and even the option when you choose the amount and kept getting the same error 401 code but as soon as I picked the $5.00 crysta option I didn't get the error 401 code. So for me if I picked anything other then the $5.00 option I got a error 401 code.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-24 16:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

NO matter WHAT we do...............

401 or 601

OMG SQUARE ENIX , FIX YOUR *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ppl say game is dying but maybe it is not the GAME (the problem) but SQUARE ENIX being LAZY and IRRESPONSIBLE !

Being unable to PAY for my Account is Annoying....

PLEASE Let us know when we can finally PAY our Accounts and get on.

Missed out on DM II and Several other Events.

So any news, please post ASAP !
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-25 11:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45209-Payment-Methods?p=533111#post533111
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-25 12:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Calico said: »

Only took them 14+ months to officially aknowledge it, will probably only take them about 12-14 more month to actually fix it. I've pretty much given up hope of them having this fixed in any sort of timely manner. (Paypal was removed almost 2 months ago and these issues have been around since at least sept 2013 :/)

There's already a couple of threads about this started in the general section.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-26 21:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Only took them 14+ months to officially aknowledge it, will probably only take them about 12-14 more month to actually fix it. I've pretty much given up hope of them having this fixed in any sort of timely manner. (Paypal was removed almost 2 months ago and these issues have been around since at least sept 2013 :/)

Unable to pay sucks

Specially when you find out that it is SQUARE ENIX BANK itself that is giving u BULL !!!!!!!!!!
By Calico 2014-12-02 17:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

UPDATE!!

I was able to update and reactivate my account. Not sure if anyone else has been lucky enough yet, but just trying to get the info out so people can try. I used the credit/debit card option and it went through with no issues.

Good luck, cya in game.
 Bismarck.Boozerr
user: Boozerr
By Bismarck.Boozerr 2014-12-03 18:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

not even sure if im gonna re-activate. Been over a month (except for the free week) without being able to play (pay)...started playing ffxiv instead and successfully was able to use paypal to buy a game card for ffxiv, and since trying that game out...Im enjoying the new graphics, and change of pace in a new game. This is what happens to people who get locked out do to such dumb errors. Luckily for SE, i'm still playing one of there games. Im sure the same thing happened with other players but got hooked on games from other companies instead.

But if anyone is interested, Im on ffxiv now.. Mateus server...Character: Sledd Ryder
look me up!
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-03 20:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Unable to pay sucks

Specially when you find out that it is SQUARE ENIX BANK itself that is giving u BULL !!!!!!!!!!

Actually had you read those threads.

And actually taken the info in.

You'd have seen it is not SE's bank that has the issue, but the handling agent third party company they use to gather your details that has the issue.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-04 02:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Unable to pay sucks

Actually had you read those threads.

And actually taken the info in.

You'd have seen it is not SE's bank that has the issue, but the handling agent third party company they use to gather your details that has the issue.

Be it bank or no, be it 3rd party company or not, the blaming A or B wont solve this situation.

Actually, dont matter whos the one to blame, in the end, it was SE company itself that decided to change their payiment method for a reason the costumers dont care or at least, i never saw anyone complaining, created a big problem and are taking so long to fix that.

If you wanna to blame someone, can start with SE Ceo, managers, the person who come up with the idea to abolish paypal, the person supposedly monitoring the system who took so long to notice that there was a problem, the person dealing with costumers that cant provide solutions, leaving players to a guess and try game to pay, the person that was supposedly to solve this and,.. So far nothing, and the list goes on.

To be fair, if the third party program is the problem, hes the one with lesser fault. It wasnt him that decided that they will take care of costumers payiment, but the one who hired them, and the same one thats refusing to dismiss them and hire another functional company.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 12:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing new, just today my char ran out of credit.

Unlike other tries, when I skip my own card, because it never ever processed,to pay with my mothers card, today I tried my own card first, and surprisingly, it worked, and I charged crysta with that.

Maybe the lock in my card wore off, or maybe they so so fixed the issue, fact is I never bought crysta with my own card, and today it worked.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10