Error code 401
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Banota
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Variable
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-10-30 00:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update: I have contacted Playspan to check if there is any block on my cards on there system, am not sure how they are involved with square enix "CC" system? but gave it a try.
They requested my SE account information and a screen shot of the error, I have sent them more than what is requested. Hope they sort it out from there side.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-10-30 03:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus just send ffxi support an email.... just to bug them again and again. wish if I could just give up... bad habbit
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-10-31 00:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on my email to Playspam:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email(*****) - 10/30/2013 06:02 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for your email. We are unable to locate your recent transactions for Square Enix. According to the screenshots provided, the payment you were attempting was submitted to Square Enix directly and did not go through PayByCash/UltimatePay for processing. We recommend that you contact Square Enix support for further assistance with your transactions:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/

If you require any additional assistance or information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you,
Customer Service Representative
PayByCash.com
UltimatePay.com
By Atsuko 2013-11-02 07:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@Banota

Just happen to have some free time and was reading your post. I was experiencing some payment issues with SE. I used to pay via Ultimate Pay, using their Visa/Master card option. However, I was rejected once and ever since then, I was unable to pay using my credit card despite trying multiple cards (always get the "unable to process" "Please contact customer service" message).

Next option I thought was to use Crystas to pay for my account. I went through the MOLpayment portal to buy them. Again, my credit card was rejected. I believe that my bank had been rejecting these.

I finally found a long winded solution. I bought the ultimate game card from their website directly. http://www.ultimategamecard.com/ (they will give you a few sites to make the purchase. I bought it from PCgamesupply.com)
Once I had the card (it's just a long pin number), I went into my SE account system to enter the pin provided. I was rejected by the system. So I went to contact SE customer service online at that same time. Told them I had the pin number, and it gets rejected. Gave them the pin number. Within 5 mins, problem solved and the pin was accepted and credit given to my account for my crystas.

I asked the customer support why my credit card gets rejected, they were nice enough to tell me that their system might have blacklisted my credit card payment options since there was repeated trys of charge. They told me to continue using this ultimate card option.

Hope this helps!
 Phoenix.Hotaruu
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Hotaruu 2013-11-02 07:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Atsuko said: »
@Banota

Just happen to have some free time and was reading your post. I was experiencing some payment issues with SE. I used to pay via Ultimate Pay, using their Visa/Master card option. However, I was rejected once and ever since then, I was unable to pay using my credit card despite trying multiple cards (always get the "unable to process" "Please contact customer service" message).

Next option I thought was to use Crystas to pay for my account. I went through the MOLpayment portal to buy them. Again, my credit card was rejected. I believe that my bank had been rejecting these.

I finally found a long winded solution. I bought the ultimate game card from their website directly. http://www.ultimategamecard.com/ (they will give you a few sites to make the purchase. I bought it from PCgamesupply.com)
Once I had the card (it's just a long pin number), I went into my SE account system to enter the pin provided. I was rejected by the system. So I went to contact SE customer service online at that same time. Told them I had the pin number, and it gets rejected. Gave them the pin number. Within 5 mins, problem solved and the pin was accepted and credit given to my account for my crystas.

I asked the customer support why my credit card gets rejected, they were nice enough to tell me that their system might have blacklisted my credit card payment options since there was repeated trys of charge. They told me to continue using this ultimate card option.

Hope this helps!

Similarly enough I've had something like this happen, but when I called my credit card company, they said that the state (California) was a banned state for transactions due to large amounts of credit fraud being reported. What I have to do is call my bank and have them do a 24 hour lift of this ban just to pay a fee that only takes like 10 minutes tops.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-11-21 03:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update:

I logged on my management system and it did show a different ID
so I logged on my account and saw LM-11

so now I am suspended for no reason...

anyone knows a good lawyer I can contact?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2014-01-18 03:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Had the same problem just now.
My mule email got a message of an error, then it was deactivated.
Tried to reactivate, redid all the credit card stuff, then i get the 401 error.
Any way to fix that? Maybe using another credit card number?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-01-18 06:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Good tip.
Tried with my mom card, with my second card, tryed to purchase crysta with credit card, all losts.
Then i figured that isnt the account the problem, but the sites credit card processing. Purchase crysta with ultimatestuff, reactivated with crysta and my mule is now running naked in jeuno.
Thanks.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-01-18 06:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Good tip.
Tried with my mom card, with my second card, tryed to purchase crysta with credit card, all losts.
Then i figured that isnt the account the problem, but the sites credit card processing. Purchase crysta with ultimatestuff, reactivated with crysta and my mule is now running naked in jeuno.
Thanks.

Because of the previous Square-Enix involvement with Click and Buy(For this country, when SE Account website was established they were not allowing direct charges. Only through C&B), some Brazilian banks have blacklisted it.

You might want to call your bank and expressly tell them to authorize any transaction originating from Square-Enix as it's flagged as scam source.

I know I was able to pay for FFXIV directly from a Brazilian credit card without need to purchase crysta. (Same rules apply for FFXI and FFXIV payment when under SE Account billing system.)

Sadly, my FFXI account is Japanese so for that, I can only pay with Crysta. -_-;
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-01-27 01:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And here we go, error 401 for me aswell. Waiting for customer support to open now. Was able to reactivate my mule account without issues, but not main. Been using the same VISA card for years too. -.-
By Pantafernando 2014-01-27 02:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
And here we go, error 401 for me aswell. Waiting for customer support to open now. Was able to reactivate my mule account without issues, but not main. Been using the same VISA card for years too. -.-

Try paying with crystal.

Worked for me.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-01-27 02:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm Norwegian, Crysta isn't available for me. The only option is paying by direct debit.
 Asura.Eurewyen
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2014-01-27 03:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm Norwegian, Crysta isn't available for me. The only option is paying by direct debit.

Not enierly tru, unless Norway has a restriction against buying crysta with debit. I'm Swedish/Danish I can Pay with crysta if I would preffere such ways, but I use debit much better.

Edit.

Just read up on crysta, strange some players can't buy it, sense you buy the crysta with debit wich after will be transferred into you'r account.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-01-27 03:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I assure you, I cannot buy Crysta. It doesn't pop up as an option at all when I update my information. For all I know, it might be because Norway's not in the EU.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-27 04:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an option of transfering crysta from another account or maybe changing the country in your profile to allow that?

Here in Brasil i had this thing of never entering crysta also, but when i had this problem, i entered crysta suddenly.

Well, wish you luck in that issue.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-01-27 05:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have already contacted SE about this and won't mess around with anything on my SE account now. Just have to be patient I guess.
 Asura.Eurewyen
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2014-01-27 05:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I assure you, I cannot buy Crysta. It doesn't pop up as an option at all when I update my information. For all I know, it might be because Norway's not in the EU.

Hi again,

I belive you, just strange when we both are nordic contreys and I can. But I might be right, mabey something beeing outside EU as Norway is.

@Panta,

As far I'm aware you can't transfer crysta from one account to another one.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-27 05:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had the same problem for 4 months(September-December).

How I solved it is that I bought an internet online card, the one's they sell at grocery stores,etc...

After you purchase it try it ONCE and if it did not work, then contact SE and inform them which Error your getting.

If it's Error 401, which was the same as mine, then the problem is on their end(systematically). They will need around 5days to 2 weeks to solve this issue on there end and will contact you by email and tell you to try again. It should work again.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-01-27 08:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, can't complain about their customer service this time. Just reactivated without issues. :D

That took around 5 hours at the most - I've been out for 3+ hours so I don't know exactly when it was fixed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2014-05-26 11:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So, are Square Enix good at resolving error 401?
My other half got booted at 1:10am (bit of a crazy time to take a payment, but meh) and when trying to update and pay on Square Enix Account Management, he hits this error 401 wall.
Can't get any support today because it's a public holiday in England.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-26 12:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said: »
My other half got booted at 1:10am (bit of a crazy time to take a payment, but meh) and when trying to update and pay on Square Enix Account Management, he hits this error 401 wall.

The issue with payment is a lot monronic coming from SE.

Recently i server transfered, and i knew i would have problems, because i pay others accounts. First account i transfer easily by direct credit card, but at some point it blocks, and start the 401. And nothing work. Loging off, changing credit card, etc. The only way i could find to fix that was crysta, because thats the only option that allow payment outside Globalpayment, the stupid site who deal with SE money transfer. Reading some forums, they say the problem is that site. And once it block, it wont work for some time. Aparently, first time i server transfer i got mules blocked to use payments through credit card, but after a mnonth, it got back to normal. But when doing more than a transaction, it blocks me again, and i just can fix that by using any other option to buy crystal.

So, check the options you have to buy crysta. There is no other way to solve this. At least not quickly.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2014-05-26 12:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said: »

The issue with payment is a lot monronic coming from SE.

Recently i server transfered, and i knew i would have problems, because i pay others accounts. First account i transfer easily by direct credit card, but at some point it blocks, and start the 401. And nothing work. Loging off, changing credit card, etc. The only way i could find to fix that was crysta, because thats the only option that allow payment outside Globalpayment, the stupid site who deal with SE money transfer. Reading some forums, they say the problem is that site. And once it block, it wont work for some time. Aparently, first time i server transfer i got mules blocked to use payments through credit card, but after a mnonth, it got back to normal. But when doing more than a transaction, it blocks me again, and i just can fix that by using any other option to buy crystal.

So, check the options you have to buy crysta. There is no other way to solve this. At least not quickly.

We were able to use ultimatepay to buy crysta to bypass this error.
Not very happy about having to pay indirectly for the service, but hopefully they will sort it out.
Definitely nothing wrong with any of the payment methods we tried.
You're probably right, globalpay is probably something they get on the cheap and it's not that reliable.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Keido
Server: Cerberus
user: Kornflake
By Cerberus.Keido 2014-10-11 04:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How are we supposed to pay now that adding crysta through any other means than credit card seems to be disabled?

Has anyone found out how to do this?

I have two credit cards, from two different countries and both of them give me (Error code: 401).
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-10-11 07:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had any luck getting my CCs working, and using the support ticket system didn't help either.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-11 07:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you do, don't keep trying.

One 401 error means you get a 24 hour "invisible" block on your account from trying again. If you try again, and try again, you extend the block. If you try more than a few times (in my case it was maybe 5-7) you get blocked for 30 days. Support can't (won't) remove this block. (Just for clarification, the block means that any subsequent credit card attempts will be immediately declined after a 401 error. Some lame attempt at fraud protection. Since credit card is currently the only way to pay, you are effectively locked out of playing for 30 days).

This is what I've been told thusfar by se (don't shoot the messenger!):
- Wait a full 24 hours after the first 401.

- Each time you re-try before the 24 hours is up, you reset the timer on the block.(THIS APPLIES TO THE 30 DAY BLOCK AS WELL (good god, seriously?). So if you have a 30 day block, try again on day 20, you'll have to wait 50 days total before the block is removed.) If you tried more than once the block is probably longer, with the potential to be 30 days. There's no way to know for sure how long the block is, again SE support can't/won't tell you.

- Use a different browser or PC. Though tbh I've heard such varying discrepancies with this - chat support told me to use IE or Chrome and not Firefox, phone support told me to use Firefox and not Chrome. Bleargh.

In my case I was told the block was probably 30 days and to try again then.

The phone support guy told me almost all the support calls/chats over the last couple weeks have been about 401 errors. It's a pretty huge problem atm. Whether or not SE actually gets off their *** and does something to fix it this century is beyond me.
Seriously, SE?

Doubt it's gonna do much good but I'd go post/complain on the OF.. before your posting privileges become removed (you have to have a paid, active character to post, and privileges are removed a few days after your account becomes inactive).

Join the complaint bandwagon here.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-11 08:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Whatever you do, don't keep trying.

One 401 error means you get a 24 hour "invisible" block on your account from trying again. If you try again, and try again, you extend the block. If you try more than a few times (in my case it was maybe 5-7) you get blocked for 30 days. Support can't (won't) remove this block. (Just for clarification, the block means that any subsequent credit card attempts will be immediately declined after a 401 error. Some lame attempt at fraud protection. Since credit card is currently the only way to pay, you are effectively locked out of playing for 30 days).

This is what I've been told thusfar by se (don't shoot the messenger!):
- Wait a full 24 hours after the first 401.

- Each time you re-try before the 24 hours is up, you reset the timer on the block.(THIS APPLIES TO THE 30 BLOCK AS WELL (good god, seriously?). So if you have a 30 day block, try again on day 20, you'll have to wait 50 days total before the block is removed.) If you tried more than once the block is probably longer, with the potential to be 30 days. There's no way to know for sure how long the block is, again SE support can't/won't tell you.

- Use a different browser or PC. Though tbh I've heard such varying discrepancies with this - chat support told me to use IE or Chrome and not Firefox, phone support told me to use Firefox and not Chrome. Bleargh.

In my case I was told the block was probably 30 days and to try again then.

The phone support guy told me almost all the support calls/chats over the last couple weeks have been about 401 errors. Whether or not SE actually gets off their *** and does something to fix it this century is beyond me.
Seriously, SE?

Doubt it's gonna do much good but I'd go post/complain on the OF.. before your posting privileges become removed (you have to have a paid, active character to post, and privileges are removed a few days after your account becomes inactive).

Join the complaint bandwagon here.

Hope you solved your problem, i guess i will join your bandwagon.

Really, hard to believe a company, that suposelly has profit as primary goal, makes so hard to be paid...
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-11 08:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, 30 day block on my 2 main accounts, both have run out of time, can't even try again till Nov 7th and the 10th. My third account runs out of time on the 26, but I was buying crysta with paypal for that too, so it's highly likely I'm not gonna be able to renew it either.

I've actually haven't been able to use my CC in a long time and have paid with paypal/crysta for several months. Even when my block is over it's unlikely I'm going to be able to renew.

After going through this thread (and yes that's 14, but 11 and 14 share the same payment page on the SE account page) and my own personal experience, I feel like it's wasted time/effort and they're just not gonna fix this soon, if ever.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-11 08:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Nope, 30 day block on my 2 main accounts, both have run out of time, can't even try again till Nov 7th and the 10th. My third account runs out of time on the 26, but I was buying crysta with paypal for that too, so it's highly likely I'm not gonna be able to renew it either.

I've actually haven't been able to use my CC in a long time and have paid with paypal/crysta for several months. Even when my block is over it's unlikely I'm going to be able to renew.

After going through this thread (and yes that's 14, but 11 and 14 share the same payment page on the SE account page) and my own personal experience, I feel like it's wasted time/effort and they're just not gonna fix this soon, if ever.

Why dont you ask someone you know to pay your account this month and refund him later?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-11 08:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They 30 day block unfortunately blocks ALL credit card attempts till the 30 days is over. Trying again will only reset the block. Since the only way to pay anymore is with a credit card, I'm kinda ***outta luck :/
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10