By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-22 18:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You win the internets.
By Quiznor 2013-07-22 18:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
You win the internets.

ty \o/

I'm all for letting people get experience,but this guy didnt even read a guide (idk if we even had a decent one on here back then) and automatically assumed he was king at every job
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-07-22 18:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As a player and career-long linkshell leader in FFXI, I spent a lot of time 1:1 with other players explaining various mechanics. From newbies to returning players to casual players, I would break things down, gauge their understanding, and try and get them to run with the concept. It was hit and miss. Some would grasp it and others wouldn't, but more often than not it was a success. For a lot of people, it's not that they aren't capable, it's that they just don't know where to start. I enjoyed teaching those people.

Some players on the other hand don't have the needed faculties to really show dominance over a system, and unfortunately there's nothing you can do in that instance but hold their hand as much as you can, and hope they pick things up as they go. I was always okay with those people, as MMOs are a social phenomena, but not many are. Not everyone has the patience for those kinds of players, and I don't blame them much. For those people, I would just carry them along when I was doing something for me, my friends, or a group of people that required the clear/win/etc. They get better, but they never reach the expert class of player. They top off somewhere around intermediate, in my experience.

Random, anecdotal, 2 cents.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-22 18:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
You win the internets.

ty \o/

I'm all for letting people get experience,but this guy didnt even read a guide (idk if we even had a decent one on here back then) and automatically assumed he was king at every job
Yeah there's such a thing as people who are willing to learn and people who know it all.

Seems like a lot of the negative emotions go towards the ones who don't want/need help. Some people are willing to help others learn, but the amount is so small that it should be more. In that time as well, others assume that you just suck because of it and shun willing people out.

Nasty circle.

Edit: Also, a lot of people think of it as "well if this person gets better, that's less for me and my friends, so keep them where they are at and we'll get all the stuff."

:|
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-07-22 19:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »
Probably not, I can't say I know what it means, but I figure if he used it to say I am somehow insulting or offending him, then it still applies.

Moral: don't use a word you don't know in a sentence when addressing someone else.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-22 19:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, Grammar Police for that extremely delayed piece of useless text.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-22 19:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably got backed up having to sift through all the other threads in an effort to check for other people's literacy. Thus the 5hr delay or so in him addressing your violation.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-07-22 20:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on topic: who wants to see Dorothy's apple bottom?
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-07-22 20:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »
Probably not, I can't say I know what it means, but I figure if he used it to say I am somehow insulting or offending him, then it still applies.

Moral: don't use a word you don't know in a sentence when addressing someone else.
This could be worded better.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-22 20:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I pay off the infraction or is a court appearance mandatory?
 Leviathan.Starcade
Server: Leviathan
user: starcade
By Leviathan.Starcade 2013-07-23 05:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds AWFULLY familiar.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8