user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2013-11-08 13:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Like I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, CDC is only good when you have 1.7~1.8 ratio or lower on Req, which is likely in most solo/low buff situations.
In which case you'd be using Sanguine Blade......so...

Maybe the heirarchy of WS has changed a bit, but sanguine was also more of a survival ace in the hole than a goto WS.

Currently getting 3300 on SB and with only +15 mab augs on hagondes stuff, 4k+ shouldn't be an issue with close to max mab augs, new earring and new ammo

That's pretty impressive, I imagine mostly due to the Macc updates?

Not macc as it doesn't affect damage, but simply the MAB augments on hagondes. I also offhand the WKR club which boosts lunge (/RUN), sanguine blade, retinal gaze and other AOE magic spells. /RUN gives me the added rune damage as well as 4k+ occasional spikes on lunges and I pick up more defensive stuff (protect2, +10% parry) and don't have to deal with the -25% def from zerk. Its a bit of a different play style more intensive on fighting more than one mob at a time and using AOE/fan spells (Benthic Typhoon, Whirl of Rage, Retinal Gaze) to drop 3 or so mobs down to 30-50% and then finishing 1 with lunge, 1 with sanguine blade (and after being beat on by 3 mobs getting the HP back is needed) and 1 with CA QC. The next group of three I might hit with thunderbolt, then CW and finish from there as timers are reseting for CA or lunge or TP is coming back up from intermittent melee swings. More MP intensive and less reliant on melee. Basically totally opposite of how I would play in Delve (which is a nice change of pace)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-09 03:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

PSA: Blistering Roar is complete *** garbage, to the surprise of no one. Sub 10s duration every time I've used it so far.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-09 03:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep similar results here, I'd rather use Thunderbolt over it lol.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2013-11-09 08:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How much MAB on shark spell?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-09 10:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, CDC is only good when you have 1.7~1.8 ratio or lower on Req, which is likely in most solo/low buff situations.

Maybe the heirarchy of WS has changed a bit, but sanguine was also more of a survival ace in the hole than a goto WS.

Currently getting 3300 on SB and with only +15 mab augs on hagondes stuff, 4k+ shouldn't be an issue with close to max mab augs, new earring and new ammo

Not macc as it doesn't affect damage, but simply the MAB augments on hagondes. I also offhand the WKR club which boosts lunge (/RUN), sanguine blade, retinal gaze and other AOE magic spells. /RUN gives me the added rune damage as well as 4k+ occasional spikes on lunges and I pick up more defensive stuff (protect2, +10% parry) and don't have to deal with the -25% def from zerk. Its a bit of a different play style more intensive on fighting more than one mob at a time and using AOE/fan spells (Benthic Typhoon, Whirl of Rage, Retinal Gaze) to drop 3 or so mobs down to 30-50% and then finishing 1 with lunge, 1 with sanguine blade (and after being beat on by 3 mobs getting the HP back is needed) and 1 with CA QC. The next group of three I might hit with thunderbolt, then CW and finish from there as timers are reseting for CA or lunge or TP is coming back up from intermittent melee swings. More MP intensive and less reliant on melee. Basically totally opposite of how I would play in Delve (which is a nice change of pace)

I can see the merit in it for that kind of playstyle, for sure.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-09 14:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that anybody seriously uses /thf anymore for blu but I was playing around with Glutinous Dart and it does stack with Sneak Attack.

258TP, Dist= 7

300TP Dist= 8.4

No food, or debuffs.

Distance doesn't seem to be a factor. Got similar results doing the same from max distance: 6666-6909. Also got the same damage range from regular distance. The two screenshots were just the highest. Was doing between 1.1-1.5k without anytype of buffs. Which is kind of fun on Tulfaires with such a low recast time, low mp cost and piercing dmg penalty.

One should get similar results on Hurkan.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-09 16:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It isnt treated as a ranged spell, it just has a long range. Like cannonball. The only spells that act as ranged attacks are Feather Storm, Queasyshroom and Pinecone Bomb which is why they're so nice for testing blue magic attack related things.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-09 18:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is kinda not entirely on topic, but I browsed around and could find nothing and I hate when I feel clueless: what is it that makes ranged Blue Magic different from melee Blue Magic? Especially as regards figuring out Blue Magic Attack.

I'd venture that there's something to do with the whole "sweet spot" thing, but is there an actual message associated therewith?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-09 18:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It works exactly as a ranged attack, therefor it's much easier to tell when your ratio is capped (and thus, when it uncaps) due to the fact that ranged attacks have only one randomizer, meaning they have a far narrower range than melee attacks/spells. This means, through adjustments to your STR and blue magic skill, you can more easily test bonuses to attack through gear and whatnot.

Melee attacks have a primary and secondary randomizer of 1~1.05.

Ranged attacks have only the primary randomizer, and thus it is narrower. Ranged attacks also deal static damage once your ratio is high enough (ranged ratio can go so high that, at a certain point, all of the possible values that it generates exceed or match the pDIF cap).

Essentially, fewer possible outcomes and a smaller sample size needed. I'm not good at explaining things, so hopefully that all makes sense.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-11-09 19:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If only Glutinous was an auto-crit. Due to our low Blue Attack, it's a lackluster spell. It's good on fodder and low level mobs however. On anything ilvl105 or higher it does like 300-500 damage which is pretty pathetic. Even in WKR, averaging like ~ 350 in Delta Thrust gear.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-09 19:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but its cost and recast are so low that u can spam it. I use GD as a ranged attack for when I dont wanna be near my target. Treat it like CB.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-10 09:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
If only Glutinous was an auto-crit. Due to our low Blue Attack, it's a lackluster spell. It's good on fodder and low level mobs however. On anything ilvl105 or higher it does like 300-500 damage which is pretty pathetic. Even in WKR, averaging like ~ 350 in Delta Thrust gear.

Depends on the Mob type. GD can do nice numbers on ilvl105-115 Butterflies, Bees, and Birds, which translates to decent damage on Colkhab and on Hurkan. Though Blu still can't match the numbers pumped out by SMN on Hurkan.

Only casted GD, damage fluctuated at times but was fairly consistent. Not bad bang for your buck given the 16mp cost, 3sec recast time and it's only 2 set points.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-11-10 10:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tempted to start carrying around my augmented Relic +2 hands now. Azore Lore Glutinous Dart spam is so fun.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-11-10 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

does the new spells make Job Trait combos?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-11-10 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
does the new spells make Job Trait combos?
Page 6
By tennotsukai87 2013-11-10 10:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does GD spammed in SP1 create any SCs?
By Ophannus 2013-11-10 11:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth it to take off Magic Fruit/Cocoon in favor of Nat.Meditation for full DD set since it gives Acc Bonus? (+10acc?)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-10 11:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

tennotsukai87 said: »

It probably does, but the point is the increased damage during azure lore.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-10 12:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

tennotsukai87 said: »

It has a Fragmentation WS property. It doesn't create a SC when used back to back. In the screen shots from the Hurkan fight up above, it closed Light (resisted) with Shijin Spiral when I was spamming it during Azure Lore.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-11 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did an blue to hour and got tbe new light spell us dart to make a quite powerful distortion.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-11-11 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Worth it to take off Magic Fruit/Cocoon in favor of Nat.Meditation for full DD set since it gives Acc Bonus? (+10acc?)

It is, but I would sooner take off something else. 37 points get used up by Store TP, DW3, and TA. 6 more get used up by Nature's Meditation. That leaves 17 left to be used for personal preferences.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-11 14:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Animating Wail
Blazing Bound
Mortal Ray
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
Heavy Strike
Empty Thrash
Acrid Stream
Demoralizing Roar
Nat. Meditation
Battery Charge
Magic Fruit
Cocoon
Winds of Promy.

Last five points I'd put in Foul Waters and whatever else for 1 point or Magic Barrier and whatever else for 2 points. -65STR is pretty decent.
By tennotsukai87 2013-11-11 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth casting nature's med. in the middle of something like delve NMs as opposed to the beginning?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-11 15:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Barrier is pretty useless if you have a WHM. I don't even set Magic Fruit in party scenario.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-11 16:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quad. Continum
Animating Wait
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Blazing Bound
Mortal Ray
Heavy Strike
Empty Thrash
Acrid Stream
Demoralizing Roar
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
*Glutinous Dart
*Barrier Tusk
*Battery Charge
Nat. Meditation
Winds of Promy.
*Actinic Burst

*Note*
These are set for additional HP. Barrier Tusk has 15HP and completes Max HP Boost, Actinic Burst has an additional 20HP. Since AR is set could replace Battery Charge with Vapor Spray for another 15HP if someone knows they are not going to need BC.
By Ophannus 2013-11-15 12:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Barrier is very useful in at least Foret Delve since Mayhem is magic damage and his auto attacks/cleaver/lannce won't touch Magic Barrier at all. Also helps against wayward Venom Showers
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-15 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering whm cureskin overwrites it and doesn't let you recast, no it isn't. Its also a big dps loss continuously recasting it as well.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-11-15 15:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine sharing your spell set?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2013-11-15 17:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/233426

This is for sanguine blade (I don't have the tathlum yet, but +3 mab ammo instead, and the int ring is 7 total aug)

For lunge I swap in 2 demon rings and +3 mab waist.

If I had all the obi's and cared to carry them all around that would be ideal for lunge based on day (with corresponding rune enchantment up).
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-15 17:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question, but does Magic Damage as from Dosis Tathlum affect magical weaponskills like Sanguine Blade?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11