user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-17 13:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

05-16-2013 12:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings Immortals,

In terms of blue magic, the development team is currently preparing brand-new blue magic spells and they are schedule to be implemented two version updates down the line.

Before that though, in the next version update, we will be addressing the damage values of physical blue magic spells.

Prepare yourselves, Immortals!
Subscribe

06-06-2013 11:03 AM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Blue Magic

Because of the addition of the new Delve weapons, physical blue magic has been weakened considerably when considered relatively. Can equipment be added to make up for the huge 70+ DMG increase? Perhaps something like blue magic skill +70....

For the DMG value of physical blue magic, I previously commented the following on another thread:

Regarding the DMG value of physical blue magic, there will be a response in the next patch. The new blue magic is currently in preparation taking this adjustment into account. We will provide more information when we have something to announce.

With that said, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but please hang on a bit longer for details regarding the adjustment to the DMG value of physical blue magic.

Also, regarding the new blue magic that can be learned, we will let you know as soon as the list is finalized.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-05-17 13:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My Nerf senses are tingling....
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-17 13:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Camate said:
Prepare yourselves, Immortals!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-05-17 13:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah. Blue magic damage got wildly outpaced with the damage boosts on weapons. It'll be a buff.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-05-17 13:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming new ammo that triples spell damage, macc, mab, and acc. Pup style!
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-05-17 13:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Nah. Blue magic damage got wildly outpaced with the damage boosts on weapons. It'll be a buff.
Yah I think so but just, they didn't out right come out and say "hey, we will be BOOSTING BLU magic damage" is what I am getting at.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-05-17 13:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I know connotations can sometimes be lost on the interwebz, but I really don't see how anyone could possibly interpret that post as foreshadowing a nerf.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-05-17 13:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I know connotations can sometimes be lost on the interwebz, but I really don't see how anyone could possibly interpret that post as foreshadowing a nerf.
Hope for best but prepare for worst. /shrug
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-05-17 13:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah I think so but just, they didn't out right come out and say "hey, we will be BOOSTING BLU magic damage" is what I am getting at.

Camate often phrases things in the most generic manner possible. I don't think he's trying to be vague just to be vague; I think he's sort of terrified of putting words in the devs' mouth, and promising us something we aren't going to get. So even something like this, that has a clear answer, he's going to default to that sort of phrasing.
[+]
By Heimdel 2013-05-17 13:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-17 13:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

with the eva of all NM.. you practically can only land physicals spells w/ SA -_-
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2013-05-17 13:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 nerf, and blu not being as useful as it currently is for some delve NMS. :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-17 13:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the heavy-handedness of their recent adjustments (hello, Alternator!), I'm kinda expecting a pretty ridiculous buff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-05-17 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Given the heavy-handedness of their recent adjustments (hello, Alternator!), I'm kinda expecting a pretty ridiculous buff.

I'm honestly expecting them to incorporate the base damage of the main hand in the formula. This future-proofs it against damage going up again in the future, even if it potentially kills using staves.
 Cerberus.Zyph
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-05-17 14:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly expecting them to incorporate the base damage of the main hand in the formula. This future-proofs it against damage going up again in the future, even if it potentially kills using staves.

VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-06 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Because of the addition of the new Delve weapons, physical blue magic has been weakened considerably when considered relatively. Can equipment be added to make up for the huge 70+ DMG increase? Perhaps something like blue magic skill +70....

For the DMG value of physical blue magic, I previously commented the following on another thread:

Regarding the DMG value of physical blue magic, there will be a response in the next patch. The new blue magic is currently in preparation taking this adjustment into account. We will provide more information when we have something to announce.

With that said, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but please hang on a bit longer for details regarding the adjustment to the DMG value of physical blue magic.

Also, regarding the new blue magic that can be learned, we will let you know as soon as the list is finalized.

Subscribe
By Quiznor 2013-06-06 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Subscribe

Bolded a bit,not like they ever say what the new spells actually are in the patch notes anyways >:( Its always "New blue magic spells have been added"
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-06 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So new spell dmg, WOOT but will the mp cost outweigh it's general usefulness?

Or will they take the tact of Heavy Strike?

Stay tuned for more smoke and mirrors my fellow blue mages!
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-06 13:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were smart they'd figure out a way to tie physical blue magic damage to weapon damage so they don't have to patch it every single time they add new weapons with one billion damage.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-06 14:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
If they were smart they'd figure out a way to tie physical blue magic damage to weapon damage so they don't have to patch it every single time they add new weapons with one billion damage.

Might not even be possible on this old engine, no? Though it is a good idea, and I suppose theoretically possible, since there are accuracy checks based on main hand, now that I think about it.
By Ophannus 2013-06-06 14:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy enough to do, right now BLU spells have their own DMG rating relative to the level of the spell and BLU skill increases this base DMG up to a cap(higher tier spells have no feasible cap because we can't get BLU skill high enough to reach it).

They could do one of 3 things:

1) Lower the amount of BLU skill required to reach the cap for spells over level 70. This would allow BLUs to reach previously unreachable DMG tiers. To tie into this they could increase the ceiling for DMG caps for 70+ spells also.

2) For BLU main, incorporate bonus DMG equal to X% of mainhand DMG.

They should physical BLU spells a moderate accuracy boost as well, especially multihit spells.

Gonna still suck that we're getting new spells only because after setting Auto Refresh, Sudden Lunge, Dual Wield III, Triple Attack and Battery Charge, we have very few points left for anything else. New spells better either give us some crazy traits or let us set the traits i mentioned, for fewer points.

An upgraded battery charge that costs 1-2 pointa to set and can be used with winds of promy for auto refresh would be a good example of something I would want.
[+]
 Sylph.Futan
Server: Sylph
user: gdiShun
By Sylph.Futan 2013-06-06 15:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Leviathan.Kincard said: »

Might not even be possible on this old engine, no? Though it is a good idea, and I suppose theoretically possible, since there are accuracy checks based on main hand, now that I think about it.

Copy paste Quick Draw /theend?
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-06 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, I could have sworn this is how it's been since BLU release (I'm no BLU). It would have made sense to at least have it be like that since it's introduction into the game. In all honesty, I don't see how a developer could even dismiss/overlook something like that. It just seems like it would have been the best plan of action IMO.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2013-06-06 15:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you. Just saying. Make it happen SE! Lets be ridiculous, lol.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2013-06-06 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Kalila said: »
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Subscribe

Bolded a bit,not like they ever say what the new spells actually are in the patch notes anyways >:( Its always "New blue magic spells have been added"

It doesn't matter. Immediately after someone gets the update data, the spells will be .dat mined, lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alros
Server: Bahamut
user: Alros
By Bahamut.Alros 2013-06-06 16:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize that they will probably be mainly adding Blue Magic for Adoulin mobs, but it would be nice to see some new Unbridled Learning spells too. I'd like to see a Caturae spell- perhaps Stygian Sphere, or Malign Invocation.

I also second the notion that we could use more spell points. The best job traits require a lot of points.
 Valefor.Lonelyhero
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Lonelyhero 2013-06-06 16:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Genesi said: »

Funny, I could have sworn this is how it's been since BLU release (I'm no BLU). It would have made sense to at least have it be like that since it's introduction into the game. In all honesty, I don't see how a developer could even dismiss/overlook something like that. It just seems like it would have been the best plan of action IMO.

if i recall correctly it took your skill level of your main weapon into consideration instead of the base damage so with skills staying the same level blue magic would pretty much stagnate without a massive buff to sword skill level
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-06-06 16:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill level of your main handed weapon does nothing for base damage, only accuracy (for melee spells only, ranged and magical spells are based on skill for that too). Honestly there would be no real problems with just relying on skill for base damage if they added a sizable multiplier to the end of the current equation. What we need even more is a change to how blue magic attack is handled, because they certainly won't be boosting base damage high enough to account for the fact that we're going to be pushing floored ratio on just about everything.

Hoping they surprise us with blue magic spells in the next update instead of the update after next, but meh.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-06 16:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now don't get me wrong, I love BLU, but back at the 75 caps blu was a Situational job, and ideal for solo.

It was never going to be the heaviest DD in the arsenal, as it stands, hasn't SE done something similar so far? Granted the damage from spells is low, but it does have situational uses still, such as Elemental seal and absolute terror, or the ability to hold single NM's and act as a Semi Drunk Paladin ~

In the current content, spells cost far too much MP, but to cut that costs too drastically would allow a BLU to spam Spells near constantly, which again could be over powered...

BLU updates are one of those that require Balance, which thus far these newer updates have been lacking.

I think the easiest way to make blu more viable, would be to allow the use of all spells, at anytime, but set certain spells to create traits, setting the spells also adds a damage boost to it of say +60-80 ~ encouraging people to set DD spells that they use regularly, while allowing them the versitility of the jobs traits.

Just my tupence worth, I'm sure lots of people would object, but I feel the use of all spells, while maintaining the trait system would be a good way to bring BLU into Adoulin (along with new spells!)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-06 16:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Skill level of your main handed weapon does nothing for base damage, only accuracy (for melee spells only, ranged and magical spells are based on skill for that too). Honestly there would be no real problems with just relying on skill for base damage if they added a sizable multiplier to the end of the current equation. What we need even more is a change to how blue magic attack is handled, because they certainly won't be boosting base damage high enough to account for the fact that we're going to be pushing floored ratio on just about everything.

Hoping they surprise us with blue magic spells in the next update instead of the update after next, but meh.

They will never increase blue magic attack......

I do like the idea you had with the equation however, but how would we factor in Blue magic attack? Perhaps some inate traits like how WAR gets Attack Bonus I, II etc? Would an extra Blue attack of +50 increase our power by much? I guess it would hinge on how the equation would look.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11