Game: FFXI
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2014-07-15 20:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They all took on the first instance. So convenient it's creepy :S
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-07-18 09:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Maroliths in Adoulin areas teach Subduction?
By Fallfromgrace 2014-07-18 09:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, learned mine in Cirdas.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-30 15:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
It's almost that time of year again folks! Here's my guide on farming the 7 new spells in the September version update:

Perhaps it should be noted that Chariots in Salvage use this move also ~

And Homepoint warp crystals (although I suppose that's just obvious..)
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-30 15:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

delve nms can use those moves too, obv
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-30 15:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
In addition to this, the chariots in ARII on 6th floor will *only* use Diffusion Ray.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-30 16:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

And Homepoint warp crystals (although I suppose that's just obvious..)

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
delve nms can use those moves too, obv

Yes you are both right, but I made this guide with the idea that not every BLU has access to things like Delve T2 or in the rarer case, Salvage. Also it takes you about 30 minutes on a speed run just to get to the boss in Salvage, whereas they pop in Abyssea 2-3 times faster and with virtually no restrictions on time.

little to no competition my way though :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-08-30 17:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a question I doubt many have considered. Between single and triple gears, which do you think will have which moves? I suspect that they will be divided between the two.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-30 18:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The triple gears can also use Rail Cannon, and it's effectiveness and damage effect (from AoE to conal to single target) varies from the amount of gears present when used.
By Nazrious 2014-09-09 20:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost that time of year again folks! Here's my guide on farming the 7 new spells in the September version update:

Conflux 7 not 2 man
[+]
By dwyn 2014-09-10 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed that you can learn Diffusion Ray from Impervious Chariot in Abyssea-Uleguerand, near the Sub-Zero Gears. No idea if you can get it from the Refitted Chariot as well, since I got it on the Impervious first.

Also that you can learn both Restoral and Rail Cannon from the Sub-Zero Gears right there.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-09-10 14:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

dwyn said: »
Confirmed that you can learn Diffusion Ray from Impervious Chariot in Abyssea-Uleguerand, near the Sub-Zero Gears. No idea if you can get it from the Refitted Chariot as well, since I got it on the Impervious first.

Also that you can learn both Restoral and Rail Cannon from the Sub-Zero Gears right there.
and then sinker drill from the mechs really close to there, thats how I did it!
By Nazrious 2014-09-10 15:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »

and then sinker drill from the mechs really close to there, thats how I did it!

Stop pointing it out SE will catch on then any new spells will require going to ifrit couldron and pain in the behind ToAU places.

Just to reiterate conflux 7 aby ulle do self favor. All of the non UL.
 Bismarck.Presidentobama
Server: Bismarck
user: kasain
By Bismarck.Presidentobama 2014-09-10 19:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

22k Rail cannon!!!!!

But that's partly due to 5/5 convergence plus empy buff JA gear. Was on rapter NM in delve

Who needs a sam... :)
By Presidentmerman 2014-09-10 20:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Presidentobama said: »
22k Rail cannon!!!!!

But that's partly due to 5/5 convergence plus empy buff JA gear. Was on rapter NM in delve

Who needs a sam... :)

Go jump in a fire and take your crappy Double attack grip using mule with you.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-09-10 20:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I learned it from Refitted Chariot.
By devasbismarck 2014-09-12 13:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had any problems which the naakul spells? Ive tried several times yet nothing. I normally get most spells on the first try with 3-4 being the maximum, i cant help but wonder if you die in a WKR your hate is reset thus clearing you seeing the move or if you go to far its reset etc. Can anyone share their experiences for these please?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-12 13:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »
Has anyone had any problems which the naakul spells? Ive tried several times yet nothing. I normally get most spells on the first try with 3-4 being the maximum, i cant help but wonder if you die in a WKR your hate is reset thus clearing you seeing the move or if you go to far its reset etc. Can anyone share their experiences for these please?

No, your hate is not reset. In fact, you can learn spells while dead (there was a SS floating around here of that).

I would say you're either really unlucky, or you're not a real Blue Mage on the inside (kidding).

I got Uproot on my second Yorcia WKR, but didn't get anything from Lion....twice. The move sucks anyways, and after about 25 or so Colkahb's, I still haven't learned droning wind. I don't know why people are strapping on tons of BLU+ skill gear, trying to beef up their skill level...In my experience, that ***was always, and has always been about luck (assuming you're at the correct skill level to learn it).

Literally learned Restoral after the 15th move, but learned sinker drill on the third mob. Was naked both times, just punching the monster as /war. That skill+ ***is a fkn hoax.

inb4 "umad Buukki?"
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-09-12 13:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you participate in the WKR you have a chance to learn the spell if it goes off. Not too sure whether capping exp/bayld by fighting the fodder will increase the chances but you won't have to worry about enmity having an effect on learning, especially when you're dead:

SE did another ninja edit, you can now learn Nakuaal spells while dead in a Wildskeeper reive. No more last minute raises ^_^b

Edit: beaten to it :(
By devasbismarck 2014-09-12 14:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

No, your hate is not reset. In fact, you can learn spells while dead (there was a SS floating around here of that).

I would say you're either really unlucky, or you're not a real Blue Mage on the inside (kidding).

I got Uproot on my second Yorcia WKR, but didn't get anything from Lion....twice. The move sucks anyways, and after about 25 or so Colkahb's, I still haven't learned droning wind. I don't know why people are strapping on tons of BLU+ skill gear, trying to beef up their skill level...In my experience, that ***was always, and has always been about luck (assuming you're at the correct skill level to learn it).

Literally learned Restoral after the 15th move, but learned sinker drill on the third mob. Was naked both times, just punching the monster as /war. That skill+ ***is a fkn hoax.

inb4 "umad Buukki?"

And i learn the spell right now, why does this happen to me lol. As for the skill gear i can honestly say imo it works. Ages ago i burned blu to 99 learned pollen capped skill with that then got 487 total blue skill and went out learning spells with 90% odd on the first try. I guess i was just unlucky because im used to getting them so quickly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-12 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

People say that off of this:
Quote:
â– The maximum skill difference to be able to learn a spell is 29 points below the skill level of the spell. Below level 50, one can learn skills as early as 9 levels prior. After level 50, when the increase in Blue Magic Skill from level to level rises from +3 to +5, the level range at which one can learn spells decreases from 9 to 5.

I personally don't really carry much of all of my BLU+ skill gear besides the reforge stuff I have, because of all of the sets I use, so I really can't say for certain if the skill+ affects the upper end of learning spells. I tend to get lucky on some spells, and unlucky on others. But the really good ones anyways, at least its not a 1 shot deal. The most effective ones that are not UL or crazy hard monsters can simply be killed again, so it doesn't seem to take long for me. But WKR - yeah, thats a crapshoot.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-12 19:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I found out there were new spells, so naturally I went to learn em.

Got Restoral in one mob, Rail Cannon was maybe 5-6 mobs, and Sinker Drill caused me a death and about 20 kills before I got it. I was gonna try the chariot despite being traumatized by em in the past (meanies pulling em to doll parties!), but after Sinker Drill, I took a break.

I don't have access to the WKR NM's in those areas yet, but after hearing about Yumcax...I'm kinda scurred.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2014-10-06 23:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
I found out there were new spells, so naturally I went to learn em.

Got Restoral in one mob, Rail Cannon was maybe 5-6 mobs, and Sinker Drill caused me a death and about 20 kills before I got it. I was gonna try the chariot despite being traumatized by em in the past (meanies pulling em to doll parties!), but after Sinker Drill, I took a break.

I don't have access to the WKR NM's in those areas yet, but after hearing about Yumcax...I'm kinda scurred.
its absolutely terrible
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11