New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » [Dev] BLU: New Spells & Adjustments
[Dev] BLU: New Spells & Adjustments
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
By Boscage 2013-11-27 02:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So, does anyone know if the new spells from delve mega bosses are good? I'm sure they nerfed the crap out of them for us but are they that great? Just curious
 Asura.Daemonarch
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-11-27 02:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

in about 2 months since I've played Final Fantasy 11. I was just wondering what's the best new blue spell for damage now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-27 03:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daemonarch said: »
in about 2 months since I've played Final Fantasy 11. I was just wondering what's the best new blue spell for damage now?

The same as it was before, swinging your swords and doing Requiescat.

Raw damage is probably HS, assuming it lands. QD is great damage to MP but not damage to time. It's got a really long range and a 6s recast so it has a place for doing damage when you don't want to be near the monster.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-11-27 06:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Glutinous Dart for throwing bola shots long range style ;p 16 mp too!
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-11-27 08:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Glutinous Dart for throwing bola shots long range style ;p 16 mp too!

i love that spell against flyers absolutely rapes Hurkan lol....
 Quetzalcoatl.Lauralai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sebi4eva
By Quetzalcoatl.Lauralai 2013-12-15 18:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While doing the sparks (RoE) for Tchakka I learned Verve at the end of the WKR.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2013-12-15 20:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lauralai said: »
While doing the sparks (RoE) for Tchakka I learned Verve at the end of the WKR.

Seriously? You learned one of the delve spells from it? o_O Screen shot plox? *contemplates going to find out himself*
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-15 20:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They added the ability to learn naakual spells from WKR. It wasn't mentioned in the NA notes, but it was in the JP ones and I have personally confirmed it as have many others over on BG
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-15 21:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

explains why there were so many damn blu's at Tchakka this week.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-12-15 22:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well something new I died before the mob died and still learned the spell >.>....
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2013-12-15 22:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Well something new I died before the mob died and still learned the spell >.>....

Same for me ^^
By ritch 2014-01-06 10:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for the others trying to learn it also. Were you fighting the naakual itself or other mobs, and were trust npc's summoned and does it make a difference?
By Heimdel 2014-01-06 11:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »

Same for me ^^

Ditto died at 1% after tanking it from cure spam pulling hate and still learned. Thank god for that .

On a side not they really need to increase the points for blu and burst needs to have a fast cast trait.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
By Genralzod 2014-05-24 13:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally haven't done much Delve, and haven't beaten any of the Bosses yet. I can confirm that you can learn spells in WKR as I am currently 100% on all spells. I learned all 3 of the Adoulin UL spells in WKR. You do not have to get killshot, nor does your party/alliance (as in besieged) but I made sure to be on the Bosses hate list with Glutinous Dart spam. Other BLUs on Fenrir server confirmed that they learned the spell playing solo when not even engaged with the Bosses, but I think it's safe to assume that you should at least attack the Boss before the end of the battle to ensure your chances. Also my Blue skill was at 506 while wearing the Assimilator's Bazubands when I learned each WKR spell.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-05-24 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Really... thought it was news here.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-05-24 18:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ;x

Sorry Draylo!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-06-23 17:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42888

So the new spells are:

Erratic Flutter (Lv. 99, Recast time: 45 sec.)
Increases attack speed. This is from Wamoura.
Thrashing Assault (Lv. 99, Recast time: 60 sec.)
Delivers a fourfold attack. Edit: This is from Meebles.
Subduction (Lv. 99, Recast time: 5 sec.)
Deals wind damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Weight. This is the marolith spell.

Kinda disappointed there aren't more of them, and they decided to get us ANOTHER wind nuke when we got Tem. upheaval previously. Maybe the Gravity effect is like Gravity 2 or something.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-23 17:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Delivers a fourfold attack. No idea what this is from, sounds like something a mantid does, but it isn't.

Meebles.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-06-23 17:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Asura.Sabishii said: »
Delivers a fourfold attack. No idea what this is from, sounds like something a mantid does, but it isn't.

Meebles.

Yeah, I just figured that out. It IS meebles lol thanks.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-11 01:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ive never done meebles which one do i select?
By Avebian 2014-07-11 02:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Meeble_Burrows_(Batallia)

Adjunct Expedition 1 for Meebles (Thrashing Assault)
Adjunct Expedition 2 for Maroliths (Subduction)
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-07-11 02:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
ive never done meebles which one do i select?
Sauromugue Researcher #4 has 9 meebles. Sauromugue Adjunct #3 has 3 meebles if I remember right. I can't think of others off the top of my head that would have them (except one boss who summons meebles, but since you lose the book on boss run it's not worth it).

Edit: I didn't think of Batallia, only did them once and never again, been only spamming Sauromugue.

Researcher #4 has the bonus of also having two maroliths that you can try for subduction at the same time.

To get to Researcher #4, you need to do Researcher #1-#3, but then as long as you don't do a boss with that book you can spam #4 as many times as you like.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Zombiesamurai 2014-07-15 13:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to me like i've never touched meebles before, and explain how to actually get into meebles and do the event in batalia. Who do i do what to, I have a diligence grim, i traded to batalia researcher, and he said something about saurmarange.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-15 14:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zombiesamurai said: »
Can someone explain to me like i've never touched meebles before, and explain how to actually get into meebles and do the event in batalia. Who do i do what to, I have a diligence grim, i traded to batalia researcher, and he said something about saurmarange.
What did he say?

I'm fairly sure you don't have to have done Sauromugue Meebles to be able to do Batallia. The only thing I can think of is that your Grimore may have stored some Sauromugue info? You cannot do runs from both areas on the same Grimore at the same time. I'm not sure how to cancel a group or if it just overwrites it and any progress you had is wiped. You might look at grabbing a second grimore and trying it.

Complete info here on the main page:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Meeble_Burrows
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 14:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It means you still have an active Diligence Grimoire active with Sauromogue Champaigne meebles on it.

Grab a new grimoire, any one will do, and use that for Batallia downs.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-15 14:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Start at upper jeuno.

2. Talk to meeble npc (an orange galka).

3. Ask teleportation (sauromouge or battalia). Choose one and make sure you have means to come back. The npc doesnt bring you back and not sure if any book is near.

4. Once in zone, you will be near another meeble galka.

5. Trade your grimoire where you want to record your progress.

6. If you have enough pheromones, npc will hold your grimoire and give you back some kis.

7. Talk to galka again to choose your expedition. You have access to all areas first expedition, but the second and above expedition just will be available of you have progress recorded in the first grimoire you traded to npc. Choose your desired expedition. If youre isnt currently available, choose the previous expedition of same line (if you need assistant 3, choose assistant 1 to unlock assistant 2, then assistant 2 to unlock assistant 3.

8. Once selected the expedition. Talk to meeble npc near a well. There are 2 npcs. Once exchange worms for prizes, the correct one will ask if you want to start the expedition. All member in zones will receive the message leader is inspecting entrance, similar to delve and skirmish. If every member in party did the previous steps, the party will enter. Otherwise, the npc will ask for everyone to correct the destination.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-07-15 14:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like you're doing things right. I think the catch your running into is that each grimoire only stores progress for a single zone. If you've got some Sauromugue wins recorded on yours, then it can't be used to save Batallia progress.
The system is set up so that you can have multiple grimoires to save progress on. You can go buy an Avidity Grimoire (at least) to store Batallia progress on, or there are a few more that unlock after you've won a few expeditions.

Or you could toss/reacquire your Diligence Grimoire to reset it, but you'd lose whatever progress you've made on it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11