users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » [Dev] BLU: New Spells & Adjustments
[Dev] BLU: New Spells & Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By fractalvoid 2013-11-01 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

diffusion verve will be nice.

not sure what to expect from natures meditation either :<
hoping its atleast longer duration than triumphant roar if not more potent.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-01 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm. well. it could've been worse. with any luck, meditation will last a decent amount of time.

Nature's Meditation - Increases attack power.
Hopefully a direct upgrade to Triumphant Roar. Either higher potency+same duration, or higher duration+same potency would be fantastic.

Tempestuous Upheaval - Wind elemental damage to enemies within area of effect.
We needed a new wind nuke I guess. With luck it'll be potent enough to be worth using.

Rending Deluge - Water elemental damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Dispel.
Potentially decent, new water nuke along with a decent added effect. Cost pending, it could potentially become the new Regurgitation/Corossive Ooze, as water nukes tend to have the special low enmity property.

Embalming Earth - Earth elemental damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Slow.
Continuing the trend of fixing our shitty selection of available nukes, an earth spell finally. Potentially, the slow could be pretty good.

Paralyzing Triad - Threefold attack. Additional effect: Paralysis. Damage affected by TP.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Paralyze AND what could very well be a great physical damage spell! Thank you based SE.

Foul Waters - Water elemental damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Drown
Not a fan of two water spells in the same update, but meh. Maybe the DoT will make it worth using if it's cheap enough. STR down and 22/tic damage would be nice.

Glutinous Dart - Damage affected by TP
A new single hit, powerful physical spell? Would be great. Accuracy bonus would be nice, too.

Retinal Glare - Light elemental damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Flash
Direct Upgrade to Actinic Burst, maybe? Depends on the cost in terms of points and MP and whether or not it makes Auto Refresh.

Unbridled Learning Spells
Droning Whirlwind - Wind elemental damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Dispel.
Meh, unless it removes several buffs at once, I don't see it being very good.

Carcharian Verve - Increases physical and magical attack power, reduces spell interruption rate.
Potentially the best UL spell ever. I've wanted one of these for a long time! If the duration and potency of the buffs are both decent, then we're looking at the new standard UL spell.

Blistering Roar - Terrorizes enemies within range.
Um, ok? I expect it will be less potent than Absolute Terror as a cost for being AoE. Not very useful to be honest, but it would be fun to play with. I assume it will do damage as well.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-11-01 14:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu spells from Nakuraals?

ohhh hell, that'll be interesting/fun to get XD.

I pride myself on my 100% blue spells attainment, can't wait to dig out my AF1 hands again :)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-01 14:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The ULs come from the delve/fracture versions Gib.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-01 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

New SP+absolute terror+blistering roar could have its uses
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2013-11-02 14:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little quick guide that I put together to help you BLUs farm these spells:

[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-11-02 14:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather interesting spells, the verve one could well be the best in this update especially for Requiescat.

I would like to see the damage the 2 big ones are going to deal on high end content. This seems as though it shall be fun.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-02 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice job!

p.s, you don't have to learn Embalming Earth from the Delve NM. Normal matamata use it too!
[+]
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-11-02 15:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather interesting set of spells there, and like someone already said, gonna be interesting to see ppl learn those UL ones :P (at least for Tojil anyways, BLU gets no love in that zone)

Kinda disappointed at the new physical spells, not the spells themselves, but the amount of them...considering we are now using itemLVL crap and ***, we need to start using spells to match said potency. Dont get me wrong, if Dart/Triad can be the new heavy hitters (as in, Dart can rival Heavy Strike, Triad rivals/surpasses Quadcon/A.Spikes) thats all fine and dandy, but 2 is not enough imo.
(was secretly hoping Pentapeck from Tulfaires would be one of em)

Heres hoping we get access to either A) new job traits or B) are able to further enhance current ones (like DW/DA/TA/etc)...from the looks of the amount of nuke spells we got, im hoping that just might be the case, either way, cant wait to see!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-11-02 15:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tojil being laughable easily makes up for the zone not catering to non-elemental damage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-02 15:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, really shouldn't have any issue incorporating a BLU or three into any of the three megabosses.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-11-02 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Preaching to the choir, just stating the obvious although i believe a good BLU can more than handle his own in Tojil's zone anyways.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-02 15:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
Preaching to the choir, just stating the obvious akthough i believe a good BLU can more than handle his own in Tojil's zone anyways.

It's really more about the players' perception of the job/target than what they can actually do. At least in regards to what jobs are desired/allowed for any given run.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2013-11-02 18:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Nice job!

p.s, you don't have to learn Embalming Earth from the Delve NM. Normal matamata use it too!

Yeah the various wikis confused me lol, and I forgot about the Matamatas outside the fracture :P
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-11-03 04:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
Just a little quick guide that I put together to help you BLUs farm these spells:

O.O ***............. MB gonna give us spells now ? :X

I see a Road of Pain ;X
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-03 05:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It would of been cool if we got the regen spell from the leaf mobs. And since doing old content in December, Light blade would been nice if they made that a hard fight.

Be nice if they fix the few broken ones like Tourbillion this update as well. I have no idea how spells can work on a test server but not work live.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-11-03 08:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Paralyzing Triad will probably replace Delta Thrust, but won't anyone miss how useful and boss Delta Thrust is? SE likes to upgrade spells that are similar so Bludgeon>Jet Stream>Frenetic Rip>Delta Thrust>Paralyzing Triad?

I mean Delta Thrust in Delve still does 1.2k-2.3k for some reason(really not sure why it's so strong, does it have an attack bonus?), it's ridiculously cheap, like 3 second recast and the Plague, while not so good in an 18man fight, will completely suppress a mob from TPing you at all when lowman/solo. Hopefully Paralyzing Triad lives up the the high expectations and reliability of Delta Thrust.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-11-03 09:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Delta Thrust has several things going for it and there's not nearly enough information available on the new spells to draw that conclusion.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-11-03 09:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The hard part of these new spells is deciding which to replace. In our current full DD spell set we dont have many points or slots left over which means we'd have to replace with Triple Attack spells, Dual Wield spells or Auto-Refresh spells. The best case scenario would be if new spells could create DW III or Triple Attack using less points so we could drop Mortal Ray/Blazing Bound/Empty Thrash/Acrid Stream/Demoralizing Roar since these spells are never used despite needing to be equipped for traits.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-03 09:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
The hard part of these new spells is deciding which to replace. In our current full DD spell set we dont have many points or slots left over which means we'd have to replace with Triple Attack spells, Dual Wield spells or Auto-Refresh spells. The best case scenario would be if new spells could create DW III or Triple Attack using less points so we could drop Mortal Ray/Blazing Bound/Empty Thrash/Acrid Stream/Demoralizing Roar since these spells are never used despite needing to be equipped for traits.

Auto-refresh in a DD spell set was something I never worried about... DW3, TA, Store TP and an applicable acc/att/maxHP to the situation.
By Ophannus 2013-11-03 10:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since most NMs have MP now, a Burst Affinity+Magic Hammer typically does ~500-600 damage with a good MAB/MND set which should fill 80-100% of your MP and usable every 2min. A nice alternative to setting Auto-Refresh&Battery Charge.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-03 11:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Auto-refresh in a DD spell set was something I never worried about... DW3, TA, Store TP and an applicable acc/att/maxHP to the situation.

You want WoP in any case. Erasega is just that useful. Otherwise almost all my points are focused at offensive JT's with my swords doing all the damage. Realistically you have 3~8 points free for alliance based delve level content.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-03 11:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

You want WoP in any case. Erasega is just that useful. Otherwise almost all my points are focused at offensive JT's with my swords doing all the damage. Realistically you have 3~8 points free for alliance based delve level content.

WoP, Magic Fruit, Animating Wail, Battery Charge, and Triumphant Roar were basically locked in for just about any situation. Even when I was strictly a DD, I almost always had those set because of their worth or JT. NNI is a perfect example of where I strayed slightly from the straight DD path in order to offer useful support to a DD. A diffused HS for the WAR for big kill-all floors, a diffused Animating Wail on Embrava floors to save the SCH's the casting time, WoP to break bind and emergency cures are what makes BLU stand out as a DD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-11-03 13:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carcharian Verve
Increases physical and magical attack power, reduces spell interruption rate

Depends on the potency and duration of the spell it could make keeping 2 blus in 1 party useful? Like say if its duration is 2 mins then you could keep it up 4/5 mins of the time. Could be useful if its strong potency.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-04 11:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nov 4th Update Notes said:
Known Issues
  • The accuracy of certain blue magic spells is unintentionally low under specific circumstances.

WTF?
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2013-11-04 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably any spell with an enfeebling effect when targeting an enemy over Lv99.

They still haven't fixed the damn Charm effect for enemies above 99 so it wouldn't surprise me.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-04 12:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:

Nat. Meditation: Dex +6 ,MP cost 38, Blue Magic Pts=6
  • Attack boost of 202 duration 60 seconds. recast 45 sec

• Acc. Bonus trait

Paralyzing Triad:
Hp-10, STR+4, Dex+4 MP cost 33 Blue Magic Pts= 6
  • Skillchain Bonus

Foul Waters:
HP+10 Vit+4 MP cost 76, Blue Magic Pts=4
  • Resist Silence

Tem. Upheaval
AGI+6, MP cost 133, Blue Magic Pts=6
  • Evasion bonus

Rending Deluge
VIT+6 MP cost 118 Blue Magic Pts=6
  • Magic Def bonus

Glutonius Dart
HP+15, STR+3, DEX+3, INT-3 MP cost 16, Blue Magic Pts=2
  • Does not have a stand alone trait, haven't found combination with earlier spells if it does

Retinal Glare
MP+15, INT+3 MP cost 26, Blue Magic Pts 5
  • Conserve MP

Embalming Earth
STR+6 MP cost 57 Blue Magic Pts 6
  • Attack Bonus

spells give traits they do not need to be combined with others.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-11-04 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

triad is 6 points to :/

edit

so far done 500-1200 dmg with it

used on mobs in cirdas caverns
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-11-04 13:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any more info on the spells? Them dmg was on which monster/lvl?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11