New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » End of FFXIV
End of FFXIV
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By Xenshi 2012-11-12 05:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a matter of the game. FFS read the title of the thread, you started off by spreading your negative comments. This thread started off as just a simple way of the community to remember the game and how the CS closed it. I love the game and look forward to 2.0, you didn't like 1.x. Don't go into a thread of positive and try to crap all over it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-12 06:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenshi said: »
It's not a matter of the game. FFS read the title of the thread, you started off by spreading your negative comments. This thread started off as just a simple way of the community to remember the game and how the CS closed it. I love the game and look forward to 2.0, you didn't like 1.x. Don't go into a thread of positive and try to crap all over it.

So you'd rather have entire tread spreading 1 sided info(and misleading if you never play it too) instead? Title of the thread is about FFXIV, and another POV that's not 1 sided info is still about XIV, I don't see huge derail.

Anyways. I don't see a point to keep going. I said my POV, agree or disagree, it's your business. It's not like I put a gun in your head forcing you to quit FFXIV.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-12 06:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

So you'd rather have entire tread spreading 1 sided info(and misleading if you never play it too) instead? Title of the thread is about FFXIV, and another POV that's not 1 sided info is still about XIV, I don't see huge derail.

Anyways. I don't see a point to keep going. I said my POV, agree or disagree, it's your business. It's not like I put a gun in your head forcing you to quit FFXIV.
Actually this thread isn't about FFXIV but the ending to it. Everything else is irrelevant.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2012-11-12 06:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've lost count as to how many times I've watched that end of an era video. Something very mesmerising about watching the total and utter annihilation of, well, everything.

My path companion looks very similar to the guy who we saw die first. >:(
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-12 07:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the game and look forward to 2.0, you didn't like 1.x. Don't go into a thread of positive and try to crap all over it.
And here I thought we were allowed to share our opinion on these forums, granted we provide some kind of argumentative. I was so wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-12 07:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I love the game and look forward to 2.0, you didn't like 1.x. Don't go into a thread of positive and try to crap all over it.
And here I thought we were allowed to share our opinion on these forums, granted we provide some kind of argumentative. I was so wrong.

There is a difference between your opinion, and quoting everyone who says something positive and tries to trash everything they say.

You don't like it, we get it, good for you, go away.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 08:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Breathtaking finale... Made a grown man weep! But to see all these characters and places we grew to appreciate destroyed just like that is an emotional and epic farewell to this chapter of the game.

Really looking forward to 2.0!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-12 08:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
You said the CS didn't tell a good story, when it actually did. It told a wonderful ending (with no words, mind you), to our chapter in 14.
I'm pretty sure Louisoix screamed "***" when the Circle's summon failed. Or was that just me?
Excellent, an excuse to rewatch the trailer to see if I can catch it...

I blurted "Oh ***" in RL, anyone else? Something about that single moment where our final hope is shattered kinda hit me.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-12 08:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You said the CS didn't tell a good story, when it actually did. It told a wonderful ending (with no words, mind you), to our chapter in 14.
I'm pretty sure Louisoix screamed "***" when the Circle's summon failed. Or was that just me?
Excellent, an excuse to rewatch the trailer to see if I can catch it...

I blurted "Oh ***" in RL, anyone else? Something about that single moment where our final hope is shattered kinda hit me.

Hope shattered? Nah man. Louisoix was elated. We couldn't prevent Bahamut's prison from opening up and freeing the world slayer, but with his dying moment Louisox set forth his last ditch effort. To send the adventurers of the realm into the not so distant future, so that the world may be protected from future evils. I saw him smirk as he was welcoming his oblivion. Powerful ***.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-12 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little late to this party....

I dont play FFXIV, but that trailer was....emotional.
Can someone, via PM, explain to me who the seemingly major characters were (the old man, the guy with the goggles, etc) and whats going on, in as much detail as possible?

At first as the battle was playing out, I was thinking it was pretty stupid for 2 factions to be warring with a meteor about to hit, but then I thought well maybe one side summoned it. Well, that idea went out the window >.>
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-12 08:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

Can someone, via PM, explain to me who the seemingly major characters were (the old man, the guy with the goggles, etc) and whats going on, in as much detail as possible?

At first as the battle was playing out, I was thinking it was pretty stupid for 2 factions to be warring with a meteor about to hit, but then I thought well maybe one side summoned it. Well, that idea went out the window >.>
PM inc.
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 08:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope shattered? Nah man. Louisoix was elated. We couldn't prevent Bahamut's prison from opening up and freeing the world slayer, but with his dying moment Louisox set forth his last ditch effort. To send the adventurers of the realm into the not so distant future, so that the world may be protected from future evils. I saw him smirk as he was welcoming his oblivion. Powerful ***.

He died happy knowing his job was done. At least, that's how I saw it. He welcomed death with no regrets!
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-11-12 08:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 maat and cidd
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 08:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
inb4 maat and cidd

Ironically, the guy with Goggles is actually 14's Cid.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-12 08:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Quiznor said: »
inb4 maat and cidd

Ironically, the guy with Goggles is actually 14's Cid.

The guy that looks like Keisuke Urahara from Bleach :P. Also he's the tech guy, who has to right some wrongs.. Much like Urahara lol
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-12 08:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that Cid. I figured that's who it was, but I didnt want to make any assumptions.

That video...I just watched it 6 times.

I never started playing FFXIV, but after watching that it makes me regret not playing it. I cant help but wonder the amazing story I've missed. All the events leading up to the ones in that video. It's....heartbreaking.

So the warriors are sent to the future? or the past? I'd assume the past, to try to prevent those events.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-12 08:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There was no amazing story, the game was ***so you weren't missing much. Story was very forgettable.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-11-12 08:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the future, 5 years where version 2.0 takes place
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 08:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

He sent them to the future. The warriors he sent to the future were characters in job specific gear from the game, essentially to symbolise the players being sent to the future for 2.0. The story to go with it is, he always told you ingame that he had a last resort if 'Dalamud's power was unsealed', Dalamud being the meteor thing that was imprisoning Bahamut.

You see them try to reseal him, and fail... So he uses his last resort to save you, losing his life (?) in the process. But I would doubt whether he is really dead. He is clearly a very powerful person from all the incredible magic he is using!
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-11-12 08:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
There was no amazing story, the game was ***so you weren't missing much. Story was very forgettable.

That's your opinion.

My opinion was the story was solid enough to keep me doing it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-12 08:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
He sent them to the future. The warriors he sent to the future were characters in job specific gear from the game, essentially to symbolise the players being sent to the future for 2.0. The story to go with it is, he always told you ingame that he had a last resort if 'Dalamud's power was unsealed', Dalamud being the meteor thing that was imprisoning Bahamut.

You see them try to reseal him, and fail... So he uses his last resort to save you, losing his life (?) in the process. But I would doubt whether he is really dead. He is clearly a very powerful person from all the incredible magic he is using!

Exhausted, having used his Plan A and Plan B, smiling as he is engulfed in an inferno of destruction......I doubt it but if he does survive they better give a helluva story to explain it!
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-12 08:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Louisox is enveloped in the same white light before you don't see him again. He MIGHT have gotten himself with his magic too before dying. Bahamut's flames were bright orange/red, but the light around him as he smirked was more white, no? He MIGHT live, I don't know. It would be great though if there was a stone monument to him, a tribute, for his sacrifice though. Would add more to the story. Who knows if he saved Cid and them too.
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 08:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll find out in Spring (or sooner hopefully!)
 Bahamut.Jeyman
Server: Bahamut
user: Dejet
By Bahamut.Jeyman 2012-11-12 09:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill prob give 14 a try at 2.0 wont hold my breath tho.

SE should release the code for 14 1.0 so people can lan party to get the feel of the game if they so wish. Just my feeling. Then again 2.0 might use most of the code thus they wont.

I no some people will say "they did not do it with FFXI why FFXIV?"

well 14 1.0 is dead never to be seen again. it also might get people who left the game hyped to see the major changes.
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 09:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jeyman said: »
Ill prob give 14 a try at 2.0 wont hold my breath tho.

You're not going to enjoy the game, obviously, because it seems you've already decided you won't like it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-11-12 09:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV deserves a chance after all the improvements they made since Beta testing/release.

On topic: That cutscene was so amazing. The emotion, the music, the expressions really brought out Eorzea's struggle to survive. Then watching Bahamut destroy everything nearly brought me to tears knowing that the adventurers did so much to try and stop it. So brilliant. ; ;
[+]
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-11-12 09:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just happy to finally have a break after 2 years of playing.
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-11-12 09:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that Cid. I figured that's who it was, but I didnt want to make any assumptions.

That video...I just watched it 6 times.

I never started playing FFXIV, but after watching that it makes me regret not playing it. I cant help but wonder the amazing story I've missed. All the events leading up to the ones in that video. It's....heartbreaking.

So the warriors are sent to the future? or the past? I'd assume the past, to try to prevent those events.

Yes that is Cid :) and the "adventurers" are sent 5 years into the future well not sent into future but rather frozen in time for 5 years.Louisix' original plan was for us adventurers and the 3 guild companies to fight the empire and distract them while the 12 deities were summoned to push Dalamud the red lesser moon far from Hidaelyn again but Bahamut went ahead and freed himself none in the lore knew Dalamud wasn't a lesser moon but instead a prison so at the end he uses the last resort plan after re-making a new Dalamud fails
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-11-12 09:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Again if you are interested in how it all culminated to that amazing CGI ending here are all the important CS's nearly 6HR's worth:

Enjoy
[+]
 Sylph.Arckain
Server: Sylph
user: Arck
By Sylph.Arckain 2012-11-12 16:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if anyone ask already but does anyone know when the relaunch will happen or have a general idea of when it happen? Also with the relaunch will i have to buy a new copy of FFXIV?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11