End of FFXIV
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-11-11 12:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea wtf that was, but that is the best CS that SE has made since FFX.

This may make me swap to XIV.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 12:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad to see 1.0 go. Was up all night watching the developer's feed. Sooo sleepy. That video was just amazing... Same. best thing I've seen from them in forreever. Raped the replay button until the live video started. So excited for 2.0. New Roadmap around December. If everything goes smoothly, game will be open around the end of January, to the middle of February. Hope I get accepted into the alpha beta before then. That's still quite a bit of time to wait T.T

Should at least give the game a try for all you people who haven't or don't plan to. Make plans!!!
By Facet 2012-11-11 12:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite the flaming this will receive, I really want to applaud SE for the work they've put into the transition between 1.0 and ARR.

There are many subtle nuances they put in to incorporate updates and system tweaks into the story, and they gave you a chance to play around with some pretty epic gear that you may not have had time to collect yourself. Further, they let all the whiny dbags who've done nothing but *** about and/or ultimately refuse to pay for the game an opportunity to come back free of charge and experience all the changes they've put in.

On top of that, they've done a really good job of listening to player feedback, particularly over the past year, and are doing what they can to integrate players' vision for the game through gear design contests and other things well outside the standard involvement that some game companies demonstrate.

Yes, the game had a rocky start. I hated it when it first came out. Over time, though, SE has conclusively shown that they actually give a damn and want to make a serviceable product that we are going to enjoy. Yoshi-P and his team have done an amazing job. Kudos to SE for their continued attention to this game, and I am optimistic that ARR will, in time, dethrone FFXI as my favorite MMO.-
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 12:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was the same way when it first came out as well. Stopped playing after a week, then 9 months later gave it another try and it wasn't too bad but it wasn't really any good either. Then picked it back up in March and I havn't really touched XI since (though I was already trailing off it to begin with).

They could have just shut down the servers and go straight to 2.0 with a couple CS to explain what happened but they didn't. Instead they put the effort into allowing us to experience the transition with a game that didn't suck. The combo system is a pritty awesome way to handle the battle system imo and the jobs all have a distinct focus and role unlike XI where you have half the jobs that can never catch up to the other half in terms of usefulness when considered equally well geared. The content could get a bit repeditive sure but dispite that it was still more fun that I've had with a MMO in a long time to the point where I'm not worried about them not fixing things, I'm worried that they will change too much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 13:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, they really could have used the income we were giving them to continue the production. Hope they don't run into any walls in the continued production of this game. I would gladly pay out of my pocket to help this one stay on it's feet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-11-11 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to play this. Looks great
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-11 13:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

well played SE

[+]
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2012-11-11 13:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Please feel free to post if someone finds a HQ downloadable version.

I want to put this in my PS3 with other awesome trailers. Watch it on the big screen with sweet sound system.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 13:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Same.. Was looking for the actual video too so i can get better HQ 1080p wallpapers out of it. lol
 Shiva.Garlend
Server: Shiva
user: Garlend
By Shiva.Garlend 2012-11-11 13:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watch it on youtube on PS3 or 360. That's how I watched it on my tv.
 Valefor.Artemys
Server: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2012-11-11 13:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Beautiful, regardless of how their games and updates may be, as well as employees and their Customer Support, SE always excels in their CGs; So beautiful.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-11 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silverware said: »
Please feel free to post if someone finds a HQ downloadable version.

I want to put this in my PS3 with other awesome trailers. Watch it on the big screen with sweet sound system.
Get IDM, then download the 1080p version on youtube.

Here is 720p quality:

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-11-11 13:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Get IDM, then download the 1080p version on youtube.

I've always felt that downloading music or video from youtube has always given less than advertised quality, lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-11 13:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, you're not going to get the raw quality.

You'd have to rip it from the game for that, which I was surprised no one did already lol.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 14:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The servers arn't up and I don't think it's even in the game. Theres just a link to it from the launcher. No idea if it played as part of the game last night or if servers just went down and then the link given.
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-11 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
I'd argue that this is the best FMV Square-Enix has done in 10 years. It's coherent, emotionally satisfying, and beautiful to watch.

Wish i knew a tad more about the mythos and portrayed characters for the video however twas indeed emotionally powerful got a bit teary eyed.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-11 14:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So it was streamed to the client? o.o
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 14:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
So it was streamed to the client? o.o
The link is on the launcher before even logging in and it takes you here. Not sure if thats what you are asking about though... As I said I have no idea how it worked last night since I wasn't able to be on.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-11 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking the actual video would be more crisp compared to the youtube upload. normally youtube takes a bit of the quality out even if it still 1080p. isnt a huge deal though
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-11-11 14:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to lie... after watching an ending FMV like that, I seriously regret not giving this game a shot. Only person I have to blame is myself for listening to the negative hype surrounding it, spewed by the same idiots who say the same *** about FFXI.

Won't make that mistake twice.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-11-11 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aeonknight said: »
Not going to lie... after watching an ending FMV like that, I seriously regret not giving this game a shot. Only person I have to blame is myself for listening to the negative hype surrounding it, spewed by the same idiots who say the same *** about FFXI.

I'm all aboard for 2.0
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-11-11 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The game wasn't that bad near the end, of course it had flaws like all other games do, but most were small. From blogs and what not, people are saying most of them have been solved in the alpha. Hopefully the rest of the world can test out a few things around the 26th of this month when they said alpha goes global.
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2012-11-11 14:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aeonknight said: »

Well said. That is the reason I put as much effort into 14 1.0 as I did. It wasn't great but I knew one day it was going to be gone one way or another and I didn't want to look back and regret not spending at least some time with the game. Now its incredible to think that all the people who pick up at 14 2.0 may never get to see or experience the old world. Something I am proud to say I did.

I kind of learned this from FF11 where I played it the first week it was released on PC in US.. then didn't touch it for years. I picked it up a long time later and fell in love with it. I regretted missing certain milestone events/updates/expansions and seeing the game change over time. On top of having to play catch up on years of content that everyone had already finished. Another example being Motor City Online if anyone remembers that. A Need For Speed based MMO around the muscle car era. I played it a decent amount but they shut the servers down at some point because of a lack of interest. To this day I haven't seen another game like it (other then the fan-made reboot, meh) and I think back to how awesome it was and all the stuff I took for granted.

I have both PLD and DRG at 50 on FF14. I'm ready to jump into the new game/world and experience it.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-11 15:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So I made a video of what transpired in the end, for people who could not attend, I hope you enjoy it.

[+]
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-11 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

... The event was neat looking all the imperials invading the town and the monsters attacking too. Too bad you didn't get to see it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-11-11 15:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You're basing your decision to play an MMO on the quality of an FMV lol? Okaaaaaay... FFXIII had some great FMVs too, didn't make it any better of a game.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-11 15:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
You're basing your decision to play an MMO on the quality of an FMV lol? Okaaaaaay... FFXIII had some great FMVs too, didn't make it any better of a game.
I don't see why people hated FF13 so much it wasn't a bad game IMO.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-11 15:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is considered a non-elemental Umbral Era, I'd hate to see what the fire one looked like.
By Robbie 2012-11-11 15:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not dissapoint!
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-11-11 15:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Seventh_Umbral_Era#The_Umbral_Eras

They actually patched in environmental changes like that. That. Is. SO. Cool.

Seriously, how cool would it be to have events like this patched into FFXI? Imagine one day, all of a sudden, *boom* Jeuno is under attack or an area of the game gets ravaged by a disaster that we have to reverse. Amazing.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11