Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-12 16:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Great read for anyone that needs to get caught up :D and explains what happens.
 Bahamut.Kazius
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kazius 2012-11-12 16:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't touched FFXIV but my god, that was a beautiful scene
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 16:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That was kind of the face I pulled when Louisoix's sealing spell failed, even though I KNEW that was going to happen (A Realm Reborn, etc)
[+]
 Bahamut.Jeyman
user: Dejet
By Bahamut.Jeyman 2012-11-12 16:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Bahamut.Jeyman said: »
Ill prob give 14 a try at 2.0 wont hold my breath tho.

You're not going to enjoy the game, obviously, because it seems you've already decided you won't like it.

Telling people what they like, nice. Just because I did not like the game as it started does not mean i wont like it.

I am a big SE fan and a even bigger FF fan. There is no reason for me to think its going to live up to the hype. I may end up loving it, or hating it. But I plan to reserve my judgement till after its released.
By Aeyela 2012-11-12 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Telling people what they like, nice. Just because I did not like the game as it started does not mean i wont like it.

I am a big SE fan and a even bigger FF fan. There is no reason for me to think its going to live up to the hype. I may end up loving it, or hating it. But I plan to reserve my judgement till after its released.

No offense intended. But when somebody says they'll give something a try and says they won't hold their breath, it kind of implies you've already made your mind up! :)
By morgish 2012-11-12 17:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the bigger question here is it worth to pick up this new 14 when it comes out or just lay the mmo scene to rest, The cinematic was good but takes more then that to sway me.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-11-12 18:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just pre-ordered mine on amazon .... Guess ill keep farming dyna for a relic ill never have until then lol.
By morgish 2012-11-12 18:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

30 bucks thats it? Guess this doesn't require the first set of disks does it.
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2012-11-12 18:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

got the ps3 ver preorderd myself, all ready have a XIV account so just playing the waiting game for the new pc client

morgish said: »
30 bucks thats it? Guess this doesn't require the first set of disks does it.
yea its an entierly new client, if you all ready \have an account it should be distributed through the SE Account you have linked to the XIV one. otherwise you will need to buy a new PC copy or PS3 one when they are released.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-12 18:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I will probably pre order the PS3 version, but if the projected (Rumored) dates are real then I have quite a while to get it :p
By morgish 2012-11-12 18:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Something tells me I would regret getting this after the time I sunk into 11 six years into that you would think would have taught me something.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-12 18:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »

No offense intended. But when somebody says they'll give something a try and says they won't hold their breath, it kind of implies you've already made your mind up! :)

Honestly though I don't understand all those "you don't like the game, don't play 2.0 and gtfo" attitude.

We don't know what's 2.0 like, so we're not going to assume it's awesome nor terrible. And it has nothing to do with me(or any so called "14 haters" liking the game or not. If I said something "negative" about 14, it's purely based on logical analyze and comparison, not because I "don't like" or "hate". (I don't have that much negative emotion to use on a game)If 2.0 turned out to be amazing with better story and better 1~50 experience(really don't understand why it should be "your life start when you hit cap", when many MMO starting to get away from it), I won't be holding back to praise it either. Nobody "make up" their mind about it, simply just observing the result.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-12 18:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

as using the level system from ye olden days A Novice knight wouldn't know about the big bad scary dungeon like the master higher rank knight. Sure, he may have heard about it while listening to higher ups talk, but that doesn't mean he would go into that area and survive.

Thats the kind of insight these MMO's that use the "all events are after max cap" approach. The ones that dont tend to just have random events that, while they do conform to the lower end, only give out to the higher players. it's not much different or better in any way.

my view on it is that if all your time is to be spent on getting the higher end gear, why do you have to spend YEARS getting EXP? most common day gamers will get bored of leveling and quit before they even reach endgame. It's not logical as a business nor as a game tactic, so why do it? Specifically, if you lose profits over it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-12 18:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
as using the level system from ye olden days A Novice knight wouldn't know about the big bad scary dungeon like the master higher rank knight. Sure, he may have heard about it while listening to higher ups talk, but that doesn't mean he would go into that area and survive.

Thats the kind of insight these MMO's that use the "all events are after max cap" approach. The ones that dont tend to just have random events that, while they do conform to the lower end, only give out to the higher players. it's not much different or better in any way.

Not hard to solve this problem.
Lower lv fights lower lv and weaker looking boss, higher lv fights higher lv epic looking boss.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-12 18:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But thats not where their pulling their information from. You complained they dont have a basis as far as a story goes but the whole game is based in the old idea that as a trainee you wouldn't be physically ready to go into these dungeons and perform. Have you ever tried to go into places where you don't have access or not high enough level? It's an aesthetic that only a few will actually notice but it helps with the overall scheme of the game. The other games dont have that and they just let anybody roam into the big bad areas and get things (When again, it only benefits you to be higher level to do those events).
 Odin.Morgish
Server: Odin
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-11-12 18:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna regret pre-ordering this I know It lol. Well see you on the the new 14 for the first time.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2012-11-12 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Morgish said: »
Gonna regret pre-ordering this I know It lol. Well see you on the the new 14 for the first time.
Maybe just not pre-order it? Not sure why you'd bother if you're so sure you'll end up hating it.

No benefit getting in to the game at the start(All craft levels will remain so there's not even a gil making advantage), may as well just save 30$ and see how it turns out.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-12 19:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't finish my crafters...and now i regret that Q_Q oh well....i get to see how bad they nerfed leves and stuff for crafters...or how good they buffed them. Hopefully they buffed them...
 Odin.Morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-11-12 19:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that i will hate it. I will get tied up into it most likely
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2012-11-12 19:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah completely different problem then. In a way it's a good sign if you do get really in to it, but could be pretty bad as well. Sort of having the same feeling myself.

Don't want to play an MMO like I did with XI(Hours and Hours and Hours every day) like I did with early XI, but still want the game to turn out great.

What I loved most about Leves, could just log on fast and make progress(For Battle classes). Hopefully still some casual side to ARR.
 Odin.Morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-11-12 19:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Studying up on the information already being prepared never hurts.
By Lhayla 2012-11-12 19:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Great cinematic scene, and great analogy as well!

The party represents FF14 v1.0
The dragon/wyrm represents Public Opinion.
By Zenaku14 2012-11-12 19:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Ah completely different problem then. In a way it's a good sign if you do get really in to it, but could be pretty bad as well. Sort of having the same feeling myself.

Don't want to play an MMO like I did with XI(Hours and Hours and Hours every day) like I did with early XI, but still want the game to turn out great.

What I loved most about Leves, could just log on fast and make progress(For Battle classes). Hopefully still some casual side to ARR.

SE is adding Dungeon you could solo and there always dungeon finder log in set up dungeon finder do a few dungeon and log off. Also if you don't get any gear from the good dungeon you get tokens for your work and you can trade that in for the same gear in the dungeon that lower stats. So in the sense ffxiv is very casual they said that crystal tower which is endgame event 24 men raid is only 2hour limit or so.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-12 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lhayla said: »
Great cinematic scene, and great analogy as well!

The party represents FF14 v1.0
The dragon/wyrm represents Public Opinion.
Bahamut is the destroyer of worlds in every FF he's featured in :<

It's funny that "Bahamut" is a giant fish on the back of a bull with a mountain on its forehead with an angel holding the 7 earths on the peak of that mountain and everything below that bull is nothing but fierce wind and a dark void. :<
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-12 19:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Too lazy to scan 10 pages of comments.

Question:
Are there any pages out there covering the storyline and associated cutscenes for 1.0? After seeing this I'm sad that I didn't go back and at least play through the storyline of 14.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-11-12 20:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Valory said: »
Too lazy to scan 10 pages of comments.

Question:
Are there any pages out there covering the storyline and associated cutscenes for 1.0? After seeing this I'm sad that I didn't go back and at least play through the storyline of 14.

http://www.twitch.tv/thaze_tv/b/338928300 All the cutscenes streamed.
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-12 20:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda late to be comenting but, best parts of the end video me thinks are the grim self reassurance gesture the (taru?) whm gives after healing the hume, and the head elemental circle guy's at least i got them to safety smile right before getting obliterated by mega(giga?) flare.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-11-12 20:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
Kinda late to be comenting but, best parts of the end video me thinks are the grim self reassurance gesture the (taru?) whm gives after healing the hume, and the head elemental circle guy's at least i got them to safety smile right before getting obliterated by mega(giga?) flare.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just Mega Flare. Also wouldn't suprise me if the first mission fight Bahamut uses Mega Flare but "Hard Mode" would use Tera Flare.

It's plausible though.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-11-13 00:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Sylph.Knala said: »
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just Mega Flare. Also wouldn't suprise me if the first mission fight Bahamut uses Mega Flare but "Hard Mode" would use Tera Flare.

It's plausible though.

Not so sure there is a "hard mode" to Bahamut. But then again, there easily could be. I know they plan to make a dungeon called "The Labyrinth of Bahamut" in 2.0.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11