By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-11-11 09:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-11-11 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The final event was clunky due to the servers limitations but this ending CG made up for everything.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 09:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I give it 2 pages tops before people see the title and come in saying something along the lines of "Thank god they pulled the plug on that crap and can focus on XI now"

You all know it will happen.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-11-11 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue that this is the best FMV Square-Enix has done in 10 years. It's coherent, emotionally satisfying, and beautiful to watch.
[+]
 Odin.Cindro
Server: Odin
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-11-11 09:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally really excited to play A Ream Reborn. I just hope they allow for better performance on lower spec. machines. If my laptop can't run it, looks like I'll have to buy a PS3. :P I already like what they've done with the character "run" animations. I always hated that the characters would come to a gradual halt after you lifted your finger from the keyboard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-11 09:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to lie, this FMV brought me to tears, the BEST I have seen in years.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-11-11 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely amazing FMV. Can't wait to play A Realm Reborn! Was half expecting Alexander to show up and pwn Bahamut xD
[+]
By theeklipse85 2012-11-11 10:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wow blown away
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sephyrus
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-11-11 10:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

One hell of a FMV! Best thing I watched in YEARS!
By Giaden 2012-11-11 10:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never played ffxiv to any real play time, can someone give me a bit of background to story leading up to this?
 Asura.Lilbuttons
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2012-11-11 10:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O

Holy ***
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-11 10:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Absolutely amazing FMV. Can't wait to play A Realm Reborn! Was half expecting Alexander to show up and pwn Bahamut xD

Yeah i thought this as well. When that pillar of light appeared was like oooo Alexander GOOOOOOOOO save everyone. This kinda makes me want to play XIV but still not a good enough push to rip me away from XI.
By Cylla 2012-11-11 10:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one word: Amazing!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 10:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Giaden said: »
I've never played ffxiv to any real play time, can someone give me a bit of background to story leading up to this?
This covers it for the most part
[+]
 Bahamut.Vladislav
Server: Bahamut
user: burado
By Bahamut.Vladislav 2012-11-11 10:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah , that FMV is epic !
Giaden said: »
Well that's a 2 years long story ; ;
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-11 10:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just me, or is that how you always imagined bahamut would look if they had decent enough graphics to do it justice?
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-11 10:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Such ***. If any game ever actually played like this it'd be awesome, but ranged attacks while moving, tp moves before engaging, and casting teleports outside party? What is this nonsense?

Also, worst thread title I've seen in a while.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-11-11 10:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That was awesome.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2012-11-11 10:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the only mmo I'm waiting around for. Everything else loses my interest =/ damn you old ffxi why were you so addictive Q,Q
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Such ***. If any game ever actually played like this it'd be awesome, but ranged attacks while moving, tp moves before engaging, and casting teleports outside party? What is this nonsense?

Ranged attacks are being treated as auto attack in 2.0 so they might still happen while moving the same as melee, TP is charging to 1k when out of fights and max party size is 8 so he could easilly have been in their party.

Jassik said: »
is it just me, or is that how you always imagined bahamut would look if they had decent enough graphics to do it justice?
They are pulling alot from older FFs in terms of design, Cait sith and atomos look the same as in XI and there will be a dungion based off the crystal tower as examples.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2012-11-11 10:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Go get laid...

This makes me want to play FFXIV even though I know the actual gameplay is nowhere near as cool looking as this.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else think they ended it on Remembrance Day on purpose or think it was just a coincidence?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-11 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This cutscene is a very good bridge between the last storyline cutscene and the ARR trailer. Was a good surprise.

Now, if they ever manage to get the gameplay on par with the storyline (which was the best point of FFXIV 1.0 and probably worth playing it for), I'll give it another shot. But seeing how they are more worried about feeding fanboys than making a decent game (understandable), my hopes aren't too high.

As long as the story is decent it will still fill my empty work hours, I guess.
By Avitori 2012-11-11 11:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That was amazing... didn't think SE could make quality stuff like this anymore good job.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-11 11:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

But this video does not translate into anything you'll actually be doing. I don't understand the excitement.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-11 12:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I played briefly early this year. I have a basic understanding of the game.. etc etc..

Beautiful CS. One would hope FFXI gets something that beautiful when its servers (permanently) shut down.

That said, obligatory XI is superior, even for SE's sabotage of it lately.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-11 12:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more of a story perspective than anything. SE promosed us an epic ending and it seems most people they delivered both in terms of the final boss (Raven fight not the event) and this cut scene to end it off.
 Asura.Railock
By Asura.Railock 2012-11-11 12:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, that's one way to end a game. That FMV was one of the best in years. Though I never stuck around after beta, sometimes I wish I did.

ARR is really looking promising though, I wouldn't mind having a crack at that when it comes out next year.
By Avitori 2012-11-11 12:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

But this video does not translate into anything you'll actually be doing. I don't understand the excitement.

I don't understand the negativity.
[+]
 Sylph.Mizzou
user: Kogafox
By Sylph.Mizzou 2012-11-11 12:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
I'd argue that this is the best FMV Square-Enix has done in 10 years. It's coherent, emotionally satisfying, and beautiful to watch.

SE does a really good job on their FMV (or similar in-game cinematic events) and this is just amazing and complete...even through Gandalf taking one for the team! "D2 anyone?"

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
This cutscene is a very good bridge between the last storyline cutscene and the ARR trailer. Was a good surprise.

Now, if they ever manage to get the gameplay on par with the storyline (which was the best point of FFXIV 1.0 and probably worth playing it for), I'll give it another shot. But seeing how they are more worried about feeding fanboys than making a decent game (understandable), my hopes aren't too high.

As long as the story is decent it will still fill my empty work hours, I guess.

I agree Senkyuutai! 1.0 did have a nice storyline. /fingerscrossed they're able to capture that again. I expect SE will use this ending to actually amplify the storyline. One theme I hope that's in 2.0 is that we were part of a "Great War" in 1.0--as captured in the fmv. Much like that was in XI which we didn't get involved in until wotg. So instead of a deductive storyline in XI we would have an inductive aspect this time.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11