First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-12 15:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Any good suggestions for hands/head option without Phorcys? I'm using Brego/Brego at the moment until I can manage to nab a Zelus Tiarra. What pair of gloves should I use with that? AF3 +2 look kinda underwhelming.

Also, with a Laceratrice is it better to use a Claymore or Pole grip?

Save yourself some merits and don't merit upheaval. GS will outperform unless you have an Ukon, and even then there are situations where resolution is better. With no zelus, just use brego helm and bullwhip/phos.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-12 15:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Also, with a Laceratrice is it better to use a Claymore or Pole grip?

Claymore.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-11-12 15:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions. I completely forgot about Blitz Ring as an option to cap haste, been so long.

Avitori said: »
Get a Ukon and you don't have to worry about it.

Would love to, but I just got WAR to 99 this week. Ukon's last on my agenda lol.
 Ifrit.Shagg
Server: Ifrit
user: shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2012-11-15 10:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

perfect augments armadaberk - does this have a place with GS (rag or otherwise) war setups? how far ahead is it from the next best option, enough to justify the pricetag?
By itchi508 2012-11-15 10:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/278922

Current tp set using porthos so haste isnt a issue but i dont have a better sub for it atm for more Stp, no moonshade so ethereal is sub as well its either that or ravagers earring, besides those what does anyone think should be changed for improvement if any besides what i listed.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-15 10:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-15 11:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »

Current tp set using porthos so haste isnt a issue but i dont have a better sub for it atm for more Stp, no moonshade so ethereal is sub as well its either that or ravagers earring, besides those what does anyone think should be changed for improvement if any besides what i listed.

Decent place to start looking
This is pretty much your base and considering you should have Ravager's Mufflers +2 on half the time, Ogier's gauntlets have no place. Also, moonshade isn't used for regain, it's for the tp bonus. And if you're asking why not 5-hit it's because your ws set would have to be so ***to support it that it's not worth it. Austar can yell at me if I'm wrong.

and there's a 'Bbcode' at the bottom of every item set page so you can post the set and not just the link. Just paste the Bbcode.
By itchi508 2012-11-15 11:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on iphone unsure if able to do that i will check it out would rather post the actual set rather than the link
By itchi508 2012-11-15 11:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/278922 think i got it using Bcode on a set that is what you preferred w/ exception of porthos
By itchi508 2012-11-15 11:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

By itchi508 2012-11-15 11:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the Bcode tip XD
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-11-15 11:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Shagg said: »
perfect augments armadaberk - does this have a place with GS (rag or otherwise) war setups? how far ahead is it from the next best option, enough to justify the pricetag?

need 5 or 6 STP for a 7 hit on war/sam

this is the tp set i use or would use on ragnarok war since i think its the lowest x-hit you can hit while doing maximum dot. Correct me if im wrong if anyone has something better since i play mostly on drk but when im on war this is what i use.

edit: you spoke about armadaberk but i know some ppl say shadow breastplate will do better but since i dont own one... im happy with this
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-11-15 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »

Decent place to start looking
This is pretty much your base and considering you should have Ravager's Mufflers +2 on half the time, Ogier's gauntlets have no place. Also, moonshade isn't used for regain, it's for the tp bonus. And if you're asking why not 5-hit it's because your ws set would have to be so ***to support it that it's not worth it. Austar can yell at me if I'm wrong.

and there's a 'Bbcode' at the bottom of every item set page so you can post the set and not just the link. Just paste the Bbcode.

I really don't understand people's mass aversion to ogiers in a restraint down set. If it allows you to go to a five hit without losing haste it is the proper choice.
By itchi508 2012-11-15 12:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to test the set that was given. Currently my tp set has cap haste and close to cap stp for 5hit. Thing i find most people doing is giving more att/acc and or Dbl in sacrifice for haste just to boost your base attack. But i am going to try it compared to what i currently use and find the difference. But i dot see how capping haste /Stp could be wrong, no matter how you decide to do it with the equipment that is convenient for you to attain or already have.
 Leviathan.Celille
Server: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-11-15 12:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To 5-hit with an ukon as /sam you will need 39 stp from gear. In it's current form this set is already a 6-hit without any other added stp.

This set currently has 15 stp from gear, with potentially 33 stp if you use af3+2 body and ogiers. This would mean you will have to add 6 more stp from gear which means you will probably have to change your back to tactical mantle or 2 pieces from your neck/grip/ammo, all which would make you look extremely gimp.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-15 12:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
I really don't understand people's mass aversion to ogiers in a restraint down set. If it allows you to go to a five hit without losing haste it is the proper choice.

Your ws set won't and shouldn't support a 5 hit. That's where you run into issues. It will become a 6 hit after your first ws. You would need 60 stp (45 in gear) to support a true 5 hit if you use the generally accepted ws gear.

I am going to test the set that was given. Currently my tp set has cap haste and close to cap stp for 5hit. Thing i find most people doing is giving more att/acc and or Dbl in sacrifice for haste just to boost your base attack. But i am going to try it compared to what i currently use and find the difference. But i dot see how capping haste /Stp could be wrong, no matter how you decide to do it with the equipment that is convenient for you to attain or already have.

Where do you see people sacrificing haste? Going over 100 tp isn't helping you so more datk/att/acc in place of unnecessary stp will win.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-15 12:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The main problem with "almost a 5hit" is that it's still just a 6hit no matter how close you are to a 5hit.
Just not worth doing with Ukon.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-11-16 11:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukonvasara 5 hit is never the answer. Don't do it. You will lose more DoT than it's worth.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-11-19 08:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »

Your ws set won't and shouldn't support a 5 hit. That's where you run into issues. It will become a 6 hit after your first ws. You would need 60 stp (45 in gear) to support a true 5 hit if you use the generally accepted ws gear.

I had not realized the 6 delay difference between ukon and brav (and assuming 3/4 on ws) broke the 5 hit. In my restrain down set, the only sacrifice i have to make in my WS set is rose strap, since I can tp in 55 stp without giving up "too" much (15 sam 5 head 9 rings 4 strap 1 ear 3 neck 8 body 10 hands for 55)

But now you got me thinking:

Hmmm but lets consider the math a bit, I "give" up the following in restraint down set:

Hands i give up 5 str 2 dex 15 attack and 2 da (phoys > ogier)
Body i give up (once i get decent augments) 3 DA and 11 dex 11 str (armada > af3+2) attack and acc are about a wash
Neck is 2 DA 3 Str
strap is 2 DA

Total is 19 str 13 dex and the big one 9 DA vrs the ~10% more WS (hard to estimate given over tping and VW)

Now considering that everywhere we basically have some sort of regain or extra STP think i am going to give up the 5 hit, thoughts?
 Leviathan.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-12-06 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering how this fairs as a tp build on war. i think it should be a 6 hit.
augs on breastplate are
TA +2
acc +10
zanshin +5
aside from earring is there really a better tp phase for ukon?
i do have armada but i think i've read breastplate is better.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-06 13:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If no accuracy issues, and restraint is down, that's a great set. Try for 3TA obv
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-12-06 13:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah is restrain down set and if acc is a issue usually eat a pizza
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-06 13:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally go to armada/mars before switching from rcb > pizza, but i dont have numbers handy atm to back that up

Also, if you're in legion, you get ambuscade+belatz to work with
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-06 13:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Ukko's Fury return that much TP?
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-12-06 13:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm a smn in legion it's really only used in vw max is prov, question though with restraint up am i just swapping hands out?
armada/mars is my current build but i think i read that the breastplate wins.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-06 13:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Frotaut said: »
yeah is restrain down set and if acc is a issue usually eat a pizza
always adjust gear before you adjust your food.

question though with restraint up am i just swapping hands out?
armada/mars is my current build but i think i read that the breastplate wins.
yes, and it depends on your accuracy
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-12-06 13:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so acc aside i should be good then on most VW i dont see acc issues.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-06 13:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW, if youre using regain atmacite (forget the name, haven't done VW on War in ages), you could probably switch the tyrants ring for... strigoi I think would be best.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-06 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering how this fairs as a tp build on war. i think it should be a 6 hit.
augs on breastplate are
TA +2
acc +10
zanshin +5
aside from earring is there really a better tp phase for ukon?
i do have armada but i think i've read breastplate is better.

The big selling point of Valk is TA3. Keep going until you get it.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-12-06 14:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

thats the plan but so far 20 synths only ta 2 you all know how that goes lol