Warrior Tp Set Up
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-10 14:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know it's still an improvement, but it might change up what'll perform best.
Was just listing up a few pro\cons on some of the weapons.
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-10 17:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'd think that a crit-is-a-crit-is-a-crit. Just because it has reduced efficacy doesn't mean it's not a desirable. You just don't want to maximize that statistic if other stats make a larger impact.

I've actually been wondering that.

Is crit rate completely devalued against wave 2+ Mul or is it just a straight -X%?

I get some parses where I end up with 5-6% crit rate on WAR. Using 99 Ragnarok the full time (including wave 1), since I don't have a 99 Ukon yet.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-10 18:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's been a couple posts saying that they did well with Rogue's Roll and Blood Rage rotations to overcome it, so I think it's just -X%.
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-12-10 20:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Which weapon is the best one to use with a Hybrid set in Legion anyways?
Ukon is the one with the least accuracy and Ukko is'nt always great in there, Bravura can utilize it's AM, Ragnarok's crit rate is'nt really worth much on some mobs?

Bravura if you require massive levels of DT, Ragnarok if you just want to play it a little safe. Ukon's relatively inferior hitrate makes building a hybrid set quite the challenge, because you'll have to commit most of your slots to Acc and Haste before you even get to thinking about DT.

Kyler said: »
If yout HP isnt full, your merits mean nothing.

Serious question, have you never been second up for a cure and died while the WHM was attending to the guy who was first up for a cure? That's one possible situation where HP merits may save your life, not at full HP.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-11 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some advice for non-Ukon GA TP and WS sets. I'm 3rd on the list for Tahrongi/Attohwa NMs in my group so I won't be having one for a few months. Here's what I'm working with now.

TP:

Raging Rush:

I think my TP set is pretty decent (I don't do NNI yet or have Phasmida), just missing a Widowmaker whenever my friend is able to help. I'm stumped on my RR set for what to use in the Neck/Belt categories.

Would it be better to use elemental neck/belt, Rancor/elemental belt, or what I currently have now?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-11 16:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Need some advice for non-Ukon GA TP and WS sets. I'm 3rd on the list for Tahrongi/Attohwa NMs in my group so I won't be having one for a few months. Here's what I'm working with now. TP: Raging Rush: I think my TP set is pretty decent (I don't do NNI yet or have Phasmida), just missing a Widowmaker whenever my friend is able to help. I'm stumped on my RR set for what to use in the Neck/Belt categories. Would it be better to use elemental neck/belt, Rancor/elemental belt, or what I currently have now?

Considering the 504 delay, you're overshooting STP by a little, but also why bullwhip over phasmida, you don't need the haste and the -stats is anoying as can be.

As for WS, I'd swap mekira for +2 head, ravager's earring for TPbonus moonshade, atheling for rancorous, anguinus for windbuffet, hecatomb mittens +1 with crit dmg augment, and avant +1 aren't half bad, but I'd use Warriors +2 in abby if you don't have hecatomb leggings with crit augment. All of that assuming you're using raging rush in abby. I can't see that set being used for upheaval at all, so I just assumed.

Edit: didn't see the comment about not having phasmida.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-11 16:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely forgot about Rancor Mantle, I guess that answers my neck/belt options. Thanks for the tips.

Question regarding the Windbuffet belt. How many hits of a multi-hit WS can actually DA/TA/QA? I was told by someone that Windbuffet wasn't that great for anything more than a 2hit WS and to use elemental instead, I've only used Windbuffet on Shoha and Hi so far.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-11 16:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just missing a Widowmaker

Laceratrice > widowmaker

In acc capped situations, i.e abyssea, 75 content Dies Irae >>> Widowmaker/Laceratrice
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-11 16:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as i know, it can proc on the first 2 hits of rr, but what else would you put there instead? Attack isn't doing you much good in abby, if you don't have phasmida i would assume you don't have wanion. It doesn't carry ftp, so elemental is just acc which should be capped anyway.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-11 17:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

Laceratrice > widowmaker

In acc capped situations, i.e abyssea, 75 content Dies Irae >>> Widowmaker/Laceratrice

Once again, did not know that lol. Always assumed Widowmaker was going to be my best GA until Ukon. Thanks.

Odin.Jassik said: »
As far as i know, it can proc on the first 2 hits of rr, but what else would you put there instead? Attack isn't doing you much good in abby, if you don't have phasmida i would assume you don't have wanion. It doesn't carry ftp, so elemental is just acc which should be capped anyway.

In that case if I don't really need the acc from elemental inside Aby and the ftp isn't that great, should I just do Rancor Collar/Atheling Mantle/Windbuffet Belt instead then, or still keep the elemental neck and use Rancor back?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-11 17:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Laceratrice > widowmaker In acc capped situations, i.e abyssea, 75 content Dies Irae >>> Widowmaker/Laceratrice
Once again, did not know that lol. Always assumed Widowmaker was going to be my best GA until Ukon. Thanks.
Odin.Jassik said: »
In that case if I don't really need the acc from elemental inside Aby, should I just do Rancor Collar/Atheling Mantle/Windbuffet Belt instead then, or still keep the elemental neck and use Rancor back?

I mean I guess you could, but what do you actually get with that combo? 2% DA at the cost of acc and att. It would follow the same logic sorta, but if you need the acc or att you'd be using something like justicar's.
By Kyler 2012-12-15 23:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rancorous mantle, nefarious collar for abyssea.

Edit: Just a note, you are probably overestimating your attack in abyssea and are in fact not capped. Especially against the level 90 emp item mobs. Unless of course you are eating food and have some cor or bard buffs.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2012-12-24 19:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I'm a Taru and can't really sacrifice the HP for onieros's ring.
would ambuscade work in its place?

Edit: Let me rephrase that, I "don't want" to sacrifice the hp for it.
I would if I took the effort to get a Phos Belt crafted. but til then ambuscade is only 300k.

dis is wat i use now.
Ebody has STP+5 and da+2
Pretty sure I have more stp than I need.
Can swap out tyrants for other things, but i dont wanna spend a whole bunch since im working on Ryunohige.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-12-24 19:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sukasaroth said: »
Since I'm a Taru and can't really sacrifice the HP for onieros's ring.
would ambuscade work in its place?

Edit: Let me rephrase that, I "don't want" to sacrifice the hp for it.
I would if I took the effort to get a Phos Belt crafted. but til then ambuscade is only 300k.

dis is wat i use now.
Ebody has STP+5 and da+2
Pretty sure I have more stp than I need.
Can swap out tyrants for other things, but i dont wanna spend a whole bunch since im working on Ryunohige.

Mars ring instead of Tyrant's ring and you'll be fine.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-24 19:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mars is a downgrade unless you need the accuracy.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [161 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Divinite
user: Divinite
By Carbuncle.Divinite 2013-06-03 13:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to decide between possible TP sets for WAR/SAM. Both options I'm looking at are 5-hits. I haven't really gotten into Legion yet, but I have af3+2 and have access to plasm/bayld gear.

Here are the two sets I'm looking at.

ItemSet 303113

ItemSet 303115

Thanks~
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-03 13:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The second set for sure. Also replace Houyi's Gorget with an Asperity Necklace.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Divinite
user: Divinite
By Carbuncle.Divinite 2013-06-03 14:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the replies. Looks like I'll be primarily using the second set since my food of choice is sushi. With that, I'd retain capped haste and the bonuses from the af3+2 feet.

I'm interested in your comment regarding Ogier's Gauntlets. With restraint up, I'd assume the AF3+2 hands are a must to TP in. Could you maybe explain a little more what you mean about transitioning between restraint?
By Kyler 2013-06-03 15:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seperate Macros for restraint up/down using the AF3+2 hands for TP. So paying attention to when restraint falls off, (not too hard to eyeball if you aren't using spellcast. Even timers in windower 4 makes this pretty easy)

Regarding Bloodbath sets and Upheaval spam.

The issue lies in the restraint bonus being a WS+% which in gear has only applied to the first hit of multi hit ws. Warrior having a high natural multi attack rate combined with upheaval being a 4 hit ws make the restraint bonus less than stellar.

Being restricted to use AF3+2 hands in TP sets makes a 5 hit pretty impractical with the other gear sacrifices you would have to use. So I think the consensus is to use 5 hit sets with ogier's gauntlets whether restraint is up or not.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yamoman
Server: Asura
user: Yamoman
By Asura.Yamoman 2013-06-28 16:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bored and playing around with gear sets to increase dps, war/sam with Bloodbath needs how much stp for 5hit exactly? 31? maybe sell my hag stone for and clean up inventory space. need another moogle bag quest allready, so much gear so lil space :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
By geekgirl101 2013-08-26 13:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know also where the Ukon thread is. I've looked in every page of this topic so far and I hear people say "go check out the Ukon thread" but not a single post gives a link to it, nor does it appear in the stickies or at least on the front page as marked as "This is the Ukon thread everyone's talking about!"
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-08-26 13:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the sticky still has Ukon sets.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2013-08-26 15:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

geekgirl101 said: »
I would like to know also where the Ukon thread is. I've looked in every page of this topic so far and I hear people say "go check out the Ukon thread" but not a single post gives a link to it, nor does it appear in the stickies or at least on the front page as marked as "This is the Ukon thread everyone's talking about!"

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/

Specifically here: (scroll down slightly)
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/#high
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-08-26 16:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

geekgirl101 said: »

I believe this is the "Ukon thread" that people are referring to in this thread. That said, the guide Altar is referencing is more current.
By geekgirl101 2013-08-26 17:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much guys. :)