The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232 233 ... 445 446 447
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-19 12:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Which stones should I spam on Colada for melee stats while I still have my sanity?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-19 12:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 AF bodies serve a purpose. Relic is replacable after you get better accuracy/fast cast options, but it's still a good piece to pick up in the meantime.

As for stones, it depends on what you want. The current running theory is that each stone has a specific focus. Each stone will guarantee that you get the stats that they focus on, and they can also break the regular cap when it comes to their focus.

Pellucid focuses on stats, such as accuracy, attack, macc, MAB.
Taupe focuses on attributes, such as STR/DEX/AGI and the like.
Fern focuses on bonus augments, such as multi-attack, STP, crit rate.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-19 16:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not entirely relevant to the original question, but 119 Assimilator's is the only one of the three with noteworthy value to a top geared BLU right now. It's the only ilevel body with blue skill. Luhlaza is strictly lockstyle gear at this point, while Hashishin's casting time reduction is overshadowed by proliferation of FC gear and traits. At last count (pre-Reisenjima), we could hit 67% on non blue spells before traits. With EF set, that's 82%.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-19 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Which of the 3 head pieces is best? Sword skill on Hashi for TP or the BLU skill on Luhlaza for spells?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-19 16:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Which of the 3 head pieces is best? Sword skill on Hashi for TP or the BLU skill on Luhlaza for spells?

I have a feeling we are going to keep getting these silly questions.

Lol aim for the gear in the guide, and anything before that is a stopgap.

I just need these two pieces sorted out. I don't know what the current caps are on BLU skill and what ACC looks like on content I haven't done.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-19 18:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Not entirely relevant to the original question, but 119 Assimilator's is the only one of the three with noteworthy value to a top geared BLU right now. It's the only ilevel body with blue skill. Luhlaza is strictly lockstyle gear at this point, while Hashishin's casting time reduction is overshadowed by proliferation of FC gear and traits. At last count (pre-Reisenjima), we could hit 67% on non blue spells before traits. With EF set, that's 82%.

I'm trying to think of a better body than AF3 for Sudden Lunge and I can't.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-19 18:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Samnuha Coat, personally. Good bit of extra DEX for more overall acc and macc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-19 18:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I knew there was probably something I was forgetting, although I wouldn't use that unless you have at least a little extra macc on it.
By Selindrile 2015-11-20 09:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I'm trying to think of a better body than AF3 for Sudden Lunge and I can't.

(Considering 3/4 dex as acc)

Hashishin Mintan +1 = 39acc, 24macc

Mekosu Harness = 44.75acc, 20macc

Samnua = 47.75acc, 23macc (up to 38 and 5fc for recast)

All 3 are pretty competitive in the "acc+macc" arena, but yeah once augmented Samnua pulls way ahead.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-20 11:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You also have to consider the lack of INT on Samnoha, which is why I mentioned needing relevant augments on Samnoha.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Lishje
Server: Asura
user: Lishje
By Asura.Lishje 2015-11-20 11:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That pony is fun to kill, you can even get Amchuchu to tank it pretty easily. :)

Edit: lol didn't read you were trying to use Amchuchu for it and she was losing hate ><; lol

*goes back to his corner

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-11-20 18:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Shiva.Francisco said: »
Anyone have any luck with the Ixion NM in Escha-Ru'aun, solo? I've tried it a couple of times and dominated the entire fight until it hits low health and ruins my ***with a single Lance move for ~2500 damage, even with MG and Saline Coat up.

Obvious next steps would be Magic Barrier and /RUN, but I'm not sure that will make up the difference.

Someone suggested trying to side step the move as well, which I haven't tried yet, and I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

Yes, it is very easy.
I was thinking of making him my next video last night.

I will do it for you when I get home today.
Yes, /RUN.

I've got it to ~5-10% a handful of times, completely unscathed - it's basically just the Lance move that one-shots me after Amchuchu loses hate ;x...

Gonna try it in a few myself, /RUN.

Sorry, just got around to it now.

/RUN and you should easily live. Lance did 1200 and ~500 to me.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I saw the video, this BLU dude from Asura soloing the unicorn, and thought, was it really that easy? If he can do it solo no trusts, I can at least do it with trusts.

It was really that easy.

BLU FORUMS BEST FORUMS.
 Odin.Vathris
Server: Odin
user: Barritos
By Odin.Vathris 2015-11-21 06:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the augments we can get on herculean gear, im finding myself in the position of needing an updated spreadsheet more than ever, a lot of different crit rate/damage gear is available, and im finding it very hard to balance my different sets on blu. Could anybody share their blu spreadsheet with me please?? I will be forever grateful to you and your descendants. Thanks!!
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2015-11-21 13:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Have we figured out Hercules is stacking up against the Adhemar gear
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-21 13:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't think of a real melee option for the hat, so threw magic on it
[+]
By Takisan 2015-11-21 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
You'll want to /NIN for the soulflayer. Personally, I use August, Arciela 1, Ulmia, Qultada, and Yoran. I utterly despise Gessho as a trust, as I've found he can tank for approximately 7 seconds before I pull hate off him. Arciela does a very very good job of keeping up AoE magic defense bonus, which should be enough to keep your trusts alive through Azure Lore. Keep up Magic Barrier and there's an astronomically low chance you'll be 1-shot. You can also Blank Gaze his MAB boost from Immortal Mind to help out. I have White Wind set to immediately heal us all up afterwards. August will die every time, but you can finish the fight tanking yourself as long as you properly maintain shadows. He shouldn't get more than one Azure Lore off, but if he does, simply absorb all of his physical spells with shadows to avoid the SC and resulting burst from Floe.

Won 2/5 runs with Taelmoth the Diremaw so far. Surprising my greatest troubles don't stem from his aoe magic but his physical spells. I had him once slap my last shadow away and instant kill me with typhoon (like he knew that was my last shadow lol). Another time I had 2 shadows and he killed me from full health (2100ish hp) with blood drake.

I won using August, amchuchu, arciela, koru, apururu. At the last 2% he finally killed august and amchuchu kept him till he died. Second win I did August, amchuchu, rahal, King, apururu. All tanks got murdered but bought me time to kill the mob.

Take care that healers/supports are not behind tanks as typhoon will pwn them. Last fight rahal lasted precisely 1 second against this guy, but that was a 1 shot that I didn't take at least, lol. His physical spells are ridiculous. I agree with Oraen magic dmg wise it was not terrible. I often forget to keep magic barrier up and sometimes phalanx trying to zerk him. But if he catches you w/o utsusemi ur in danger.
 Bahamut.Jaegar
user: jaegar
By Bahamut.Jaegar 2015-11-21 21:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The issue with that is that you don't want to be holding back in that fight. The longer it takes the more Azure Lore rotations he gets in and the higher your chances of dying become. Most T1s are zergs, where you're hoping to kill them before they kill you, and dragging it out inevitably works against you. Not just for the fight itself, but for your ability to farm stones/gear. Playing it safe is all well and good, and I wholly suggest adding some more utility/defense spells while soloing, but holding back just so a stupid bird might possibly hold hate is counter-productive, in my opinion.

I've been having a lot of trouble with flayer. Sorted the Corse out easily enough though that fight just really requires you to remove Mori.

The thing I struggle on with Flayer is once the tank inevitably dies, sometimes really early in the fight at like 79%, others aroun 47%ish. I can tank fine up until the point he does a full debuff and either has azure lore up, or pops one off. I can get utsusemi up a couple of times but he burns through them faster than I can get haste spells back on to give me good utsusemi recast again.

I decided to try Gessho out as I don't have August yet sadly & Trion is a joke. Amchuchu is a bit of a crap shoot, sometimes he does well, others he goes down pretty fast depending on how hungry for Taru the flayer is.

I was surprised at how well his blink tanked, although as suggested, you have to hold back a bit as he doesn't have lots of hate tools like other tanks. Whenever I take hate, I've got shadows up and just rely on swinging swords for damage to let Gessho get back in the game. Then I'll start ws again.

He holds hate a bit better than normal in this fight as you're not getting damage from SC's.

Only tried once with him so far and the fight was extremely smooth to 47% when Yoran decided he wanted to move... right in the path of Benthic Typhoon, died and I couldn't keep going after that.

So no win, but not ready to write Gessho off just yet for those of us that can't put out damage enough to only need to survive one Azure Lore per fight.

Spell set / video / any other tips for this fight would be highly appreciated.

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2015-11-21 21:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Store tp question. I must be doing something wrong because I'm getting a calculation of 1.86 tp per hit when I'm factoring my dw 25% and my store tp of +55. When I didn't factor dw I was calculating 10.47 tp per hit but now it's totally different. I'm using Nibiru blades and Clad sword. I have the +1 gift trait and dw 2 and store tp 4. I'm also getting 9 dw from Taeon boots only in gear and + 30 stp from gear.
By Takisan 2015-11-21 22:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone managed to solo Nosoi with trusts on blu? Anyone know about any good setups for that even with 6+ other members? I did it once and we won but it was just such a painfully long fight even ws spamming with Tizona AM3 on catnip Mighty Guard + haste II.

Set up was something like pld, blu, bst, bst, whm, cor or geo. Anyone have a favorite setup or really reliable one doable with pick-up parties?

Post deleted by User.
By SagaK 2015-11-22 08:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Has it been proven that Breeze Gorget works with CdC? 'clopedia and BG wikis seem to indicate any Light-aligned elemental gorget will work with a Light WS, but I've been seeing old posts that say it won't. :/

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 09:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
Has anyone managed to solo Nosoi with trusts on blu? Anyone know about any good setups for that even with 6+ other members? I did it once and we won but it was just such a painfully long fight even ws spamming with Tizona AM3 on catnip Mighty Guard + haste II.

Set up was something like pld, blu, bst, bst, whm, cor or geo. Anyone have a favorite setup or really reliable one doable with pick-up parties?

Just made some random PUG for it recently. RUN BLU BLU BLM COR WHM. Easy enough. Just use vamprisms or nuke because slashing is ***on him.

Could do tank GEO w/e w/e. As long as the DDs aren't using slashing and don't suck.

The poison will drag you to the ground if you drag the fight out.

This thing is not soloable due to poison aura. Party it's easy. This is one of the easier fights. Paladin tank 2dd Geos healer. Run away excerpt tank every 25 percent when it does mighty strike poison. Poison aura goes away resume fighting.

Even easier magic burst setup.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 09:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Artanticos said: »
Have we figured out Hercules is stacking up against the Adhemar gear

I think my Hercules hands (ta +3 accuracy 30 attack 15) beats adhemar hands. Accuracy same losing plus tp while gainin 3 more ta.
By TheRealGoat 2015-11-22 09:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SagaK said: »
Has it been proven that Breeze Gorget works with CdC? 'clopedia and BG wikis seem to indicate any Light-aligned elemental gorget will work with a Light WS, but I've been seeing old posts that say it won't. :/
just farm the other gorgets, and get them synergized to the all in one and call it a day.
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232 233 ... 445 446 447