2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 229 230 231 ... 446 447 448
By geigei 2015-11-17 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sequence allready beating tanmogayi+1!

I'm building several pieces of herc atm, TA4 for tp, crit+dex for cdc and some DW for haste down set.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-17 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the Colada for magic, just guessing based off the armor augments I've seen. It may be better depending how much MAB it can get, will have less INT. Unless the weapons have higher caps
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-11-17 19:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be a dumb question, but I just hit 1200 JP's on BLU and noticed the ultimate DD set only has DW3. I thought DW4 was optimal assuming flutter and mighty guard (or marches) would be active? What am I missing?
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-17 19:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
This may be a dumb question, but I just hit 1200 JP's on BLU and noticed the ultimate DD set only has DW3. I thought DW4 was optimal assuming flutter and mighty guard (or marches) would be active? What am I missing?
it depends on how much gear you have for +dual wield.

EDIT: because you can save a lot of set points with the right gear to still cap delay reduction to use on other traits.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-11-17 19:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
it depends on how much gear you have for +dual wield.

EDIT: because you can save a lot of set points with the right gear to still cap delay reduction to use on other traits.

Ah, of course. I'm using adhemar body (5), suppa/cessance earring combo (5), and taeon boots (4) for 11 total.

Edit: Don't need an answer on this, I can do the DW math to find out what's best for my set. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me, Ninjaface.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-17 20:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I dropped to DW3 as the suggested tier was because of some very convincing arguments made by members of the thread. They talked about the set points we lose out on in order to set DW4 and how the accuracy loss from Taeon > Carmine was too much of a detriment. They were completely right and I was mistaken, so I altered the set around and found that DW3 allows you to not only have higher acc, but also gets you more offensive traits. As long as you make up that 5% in gear, you're all set.

Personally, with the new gear, I'm using Adhemar NQ body and Suppanomimi to almost cap my DW for magic-haste cap situations. I was using Taeon for a while, but I finally got some 4TA acc/atk hands/feet after around 3000 stones, so needed to swap things around.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-11-17 20:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Nope that comes out to 14 not 11. Ditch the suppa and Taken the 9.

Math is hard. Thank you.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-17 20:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
3000 stones
seeing this stuff makes me not want to even set foot in Reisenjinma or however it is spelled.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Takisan 2015-11-18 01:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Herculean boots today. Won 4/5 fights. I got charmed the first fight cause August died being a dumbass not waking up mages after sleepga II then I timed out.

I got some nice augments and 2 pairs
Melee pair augs
37 acc, 39 attack, 1% crit hit dmg: Pellucid stone
I gave up dex 15, racc 10, Triple attack 1: Taupe stone

Magic pair augs
8 int, 20 macc, 24 mab: Pellucid stone

Also not sure if this cape came from Reisenjima dragon or Zi'tah dragon but Solemnity Cape: def 17, Resist charm +15, conserve mp +5, cure pot +7, damage taken -4. Really good cape.

Post deleted by User.
By Takisan 2015-11-18 02:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I see them as a great replacement for Taeon with some DW on them.

I know Oraen said it depends on what your other gear is, but if you approached it simply by beating each piece individually then you are already ahead of the game!

Until you see that 5% crit damage beat the TA or something and you cry after seeing it early out of 1000 stones.

If only we could augment one augment slot at a time ><
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-18 02:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, for everybody interested in getting their hands on Tanmogayi, Sarama is actually much easier than expected. Party setup was BLU/BLU/WHM/GEO/SMN, and King for -nas. The extra BLU and SMN weren't necessary, my friends and I just ran with what we had at the moment since we all wanted swords.

BLUs sub /RUN and keep Unda, Barrier Tusk, Saline Coat, and Cocoon up. GEO full-times Vex/attunement. WHM does healing stuff. Accuracy seems to cap at approximately 1375, so you might need another GEO if you're lacking accuracy. Other than that, there's not much to say. Keep your defensive buffs up at all times, cap accuracy, and kick his ***. Make sure to bring a metric ton of remedies as well, as he loves to spam Ululation. Fights were around 5 minutes each, but that can vary greatly. As long as you get the NQ sword, don't forget that you can buy the upgrade mats for 10k accolades from any Unity NPC.
By geigei 2015-11-18 05:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did with x2 blu/war barely keeping tusk up, no need for all that defensive crap.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-18 07:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Did with x2 blu/war barely keeping tusk up, no need for all that defensive crap.

Idris included? Seriously though, it really depends on how strong your external buffs are as well. If you find yourself risking too much to make the fight end slightly faster, /RUN is the next best thing. Otherwise, sure, /WAR and <Full attack!>
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-18 08:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm building several pieces of herc atm, TA4 for tp, crit+dex for cdc and some DW for haste down set.

Can you tell me how to flag Gobbiebag XX, XXI, XXII... up through XXVII?

But seriously, have we reached a determination of what pieces are BiS for various purposes?

Currently in:
TP/CDC
Adhemar Bonnet/Wristbands
Rawhide Vest
Taeon Tights (TA)
Taeon Boots (DW and TA both), Thereoid Greaves for CDC

MAB
Amalric Coif/Gages/Slops
Count's Garb
Hashishi Basmak +1

Kinda wish the Herc. pieces with -PDT on them had -3 PDT, since they'd match up with my best Iuitl augments, allowing me to toss them and save some inventory space.

I would think for each piece of Herc. gear you want, you'd want to have one more than you need for each specification... i.e. if Herc. Boots are BiS for nuking, TP and WS - you'd want to have four pairs of boots for the augmenting process, and once you're done with all three, you can toss the last pair (so you don't say get decent TP augments, decent MAB augments, and then overwrite your decent MAB augments with "good" TP augments and find yourself left with no MAB augments, etc).
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-18 08:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get DT-, MDT-, and PDT-

Seen 5% on PDT and MDT, only 2-3% on DT
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-18 09:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
You can get DT-, MDT-, and PDT-

Seen 5% on PDT and MDT, only 2-3% on DT

Good to know, can you only have one at a time on PDT and MDT?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-18 09:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have seen, the only triple roll has been attack/acc and like racc or rattk. So, looks that way
By geigei 2015-11-18 09:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

Can you tell me how to flag Gobbiebag XX, XXI, XXII... up through XXVII?

But seriously, have we reached a determination of what pieces are BiS for various purposes?

Currently in:
TP/CDC
Adhemar Bonnet/Wristbands
Rawhide Vest
Taeon Tights (TA)
Taeon Boots (DW and TA both), Thereoid Greaves for CDC

MAB
Amalric Coif/Gages/Slops
Count's Garb
Hashishi Basmak +1

Kinda wish the Herc. pieces with -PDT on them had -3 PDT, since they'd match up with my best Iuitl augments, allowing me to toss them and save some inventory space.

I would think for each piece of Herc. gear you want, you'd want to have one more than you need for each specification... i.e. if Herc. Boots are BiS for nuking, TP and WS - you'd want to have four pairs of boots for the augmenting process, and once you're done with all three, you can toss the last pair (so you don't say get decent TP augments, decent MAB augments, and then overwrite your decent MAB augments with "good" TP augments and find yourself left with no MAB augments, etc).

Very good herc augms can replace everything for tp and ws assuming you need acc, adhemar body worth keeping though due both TA and DW, perfect samnuha legs too. Kinda hard the ditch helios pieces for bursted spells, i only get 1%-2% burst for now on herc head/feet, i hope colada have burst augm and sequence actually break 40% cap with AM. Amalric body/samnuha and amalric legs still good.

Can build pdt set, waltz...inventory though.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-18 14:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any luck with the Ixion NM in Escha-Ru'aun, solo? I've tried it a couple of times and dominated the entire fight until it hits low health and ruins my ***with a single Lance move for ~2500 damage, even with MG and Saline Coat up.

Obvious next steps would be Magic Barrier and /RUN, but I'm not sure that will make up the difference.

Someone suggested trying to side step the move as well, which I haven't tried yet, and I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-18 14:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Anyone have any luck with the Ixion NM in Escha-Ru'aun, solo? I've tried it a couple of times and dominated the entire fight until it hits low health and ruins my ***with a single Lance move for ~2500 damage, even with MG and Saline Coat up.

Obvious next steps would be Magic Barrier and /RUN, but I'm not sure that will make up the difference.

Someone suggested trying to side step the move as well, which I haven't tried yet, and I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

Yes, it is very easy.
I was thinking of making him my next video last night.

I will do it for you when I get home today.
Yes, /RUN.

I've got it to ~5-10% a handful of times, completely unscathed - it's basically just the Lance move that one-shots me after Amchuchu loses hate ;x...

Gonna try it in a few myself, /RUN.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 14:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to do this to y'all, but I'm a fellow BLU in need of help.

I just got back on since the game is free and I'm interested in where and what I should start. I apparently have Espial gear on in every slot. Surprising, considering I quit days after Adoulin release. I read all about the certain gear and such people have now but I can't seem to track down the methods of obtaining them on BGwiki or any other sites.

Any advice for a place I can start to get myself even close to where I need to be?

Thanks!

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 14:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked up the Adhemar gear... it came up but the method of obtaining it doesn't seem to be there.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adhemar_Bonnet
First Page 2 3 ... 229 230 231 ... 446 447 448