users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 445 446 447
By Takisan 2015-11-22 11:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Takisan said: »
Has anyone managed to solo Nosoi with trusts on blu?

Set up was something like pld, blu, bst, bst, whm, cor or geo. Anyone have a favorite setup or really reliable one doable with pick-up parties?

Just made some random PUG for it recently. RUN BLU BLU BLM COR WHM. Easy enough. Just use vamprisms or nuke because slashing is ***on him.

Could do tank GEO w/e w/e. As long as the DDs aren't using slashing and don't suck.

The poison will drag you to the ground if you drag the fight out.

Ty actually ls did a party set up of august(pld), sch (for SCs), blm, geo, geo, whm and we killed like 10 Nosoi got 2 blades, 1 katana, 2 masks, 2 shields the rest earrings. Sch would make SCs and blm, geo, geo would nuke earth after mdef and meva debuffing ect and Nosoi would die like in 2-3 mins. It was great, lol.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-11-22 12:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if this was already known, but Absolute Terror lands on all waves in Sinister Reign for "normal" duration if you got a GEO giving you Focus, making them terrored for 80-100% of their HP. Makes an already-laughable event even more of a walk in the park. Me and my fellow BLU were giggling like schoolgirls when we first found that out by mistake.

Edit: Rosulatia is the only NM that seems to resist.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 02:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

From just preliminary testing (~250 stones), Colada can get some great augments.

Damage seems to go up to +20, acc/atk up to 25, crit and DA to 4 and STP up to 6.

With moderate augments (+15 DMG, acc/atk 15, 3DA OR 3 crit OR 5 STP), they are our best main and offhands at the moment, sans Tizona. Crit, DA, and STP are going to depend on your other gear very heavily, so I can't suggest an end-all best.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-23 02:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a magic path for it?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 03:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there is a magic path, but I only tossed a handful of stones on it so I'm not positive on augment caps. However, reading up on BG, it supposedly can get up to 30 macc/mab, as well as bonus INT. If that's correct, we are definitely looking at our new best nuking options, too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-23 09:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual BLU should be able to alternate MG allowing you to use it one every 5 mins from one of the BLUs, otherwise like you said, only useful from 1Hr in event of an emergency.
 Odin.Vathris
Server: Odin
user: Barritos
By Odin.Vathris 2015-11-23 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody has an updated spreadsheet¿? I dont want to update 2 years of gear and gifts on the one i have... but if nobody has a spreadsheet i guess ill have to, ill uploaded somewhere when im done.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 14:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There's literally one in the OP. It just doesn't have all gear from this most recent update.

Working on a new one from the ground up, but school/work/internships don't really mesh well with completing side-projects.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-11-24 14:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a few corrections on the current sheet linked to in the OP:

-Gear!E15 has a hardcoded 5 in the current version I just downloaded.
Should be:
Code
=IF(ISBLANK($B15), 0, VLOOKUP($B15, INDIRECT($A15), MATCH(E$2, StatHeader, 0), 0))

-Gear!P22 has a hardcoded 6%.
Should be:
Code
=SUM(P3:P20)

-Gear!P7 Has a hardcoded 0%.
Should be:
Code
=IF(ISBLANK($B7), 0, VLOOKUP($B7, INDIRECT($A7), MATCH(P$2, StatHeader, 0), 0))

-Gear!L7 has a hardcoded 0%.
Should be:
Code
=IF(ISBLANK($B7), 0, VLOOKUP($B7, INDIRECT($A7), MATCH(L$2, StatHeader, 0), 0))

-Gear!P46 has a hardcoded 17%.
Should be:
Code
=SUM(P27:P44)

-Weaponskill!B8 has a hardcoded 99%.
Should be:
Code
=IF(VLOOKUP($A$2, WeaponskillData, MATCH("Type", WeaponskillDataCols, 0), 0)="M", 100%, 99%)

-Weaponskill!B541 had a cap of 95% acc (which should be 99% now... riiight? Help me out here)
Should be:
Code
=IF(VLOOKUP($A$535, WeaponskillData, MATCH("Type", WeaponskillDataCols, 0), 0)="M", 100%, 99%)

That's all I've found so far, but taking those issues into consideration, I wouldn't take the results of the spreadsheet to heart until some fixing has been done. Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere here or double check that I'm not crazy.

More:
-Gear!J7 has a hardcoded 0.
Should be:
Code
=IF(ISBLANK($B7), 0, VLOOKUP($B7, INDIRECT($A7), MATCH(J$2, StatHeader, 0), 0))

-Gear!M22 has a hardcoded 23%.
Should be:
Code
=SUM(M3:M20)

Edit: Formatting
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-11-24 15:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
TheRealGoat said: »
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Draylo said:
Yes, it is worth it.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-24 18:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Langly, thank you very much for describing those issues within the sheet. The left side of the gear page had been messed up since before I had downloaded it, and I'm not quite adept enough with Excel to correct the issues on my own. I'll fix those errors and re-publish the sheet in the OP. It's not perfect, and I'm still fumbling through building a new one with some outside help, but those changes should do a lot to help out. Thank you, again.
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-25 09:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Grinding out Almace still as the sole thing I have been doing
I can hardly leave the commonwealth alone in my free time to even get login points most days.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-25 09:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To sit and play FFXI
I'm taking PTO for Friday so I have like a 4 day weekend I hope. Might try to grind capacity points at least to 1200JPs.
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-25 09:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
To sit and play FFXI
I'm taking PTO for Friday so I have like a 4 day weekend I hope. Might try to grind capacity points at least to 1200JPs.

I found out I had 3 days of vacation time at my job I had to burn before the end of the year, Christmas and New year time was already booked up so I used it when the update dropped and went for 1200 JP myself lol.

Nothing like getting paid to grind JP.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-25 09:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
To sit and play FFXI

Hopefully that only takes a day. Depending on where you are at.
Once you get 1200, I would honestly stop and do more important things.

I would say if you need help to ask me, but I am in my "nose to the ground" zen and haven't been doing a single thing that isn't VW.

I will be away this weekend too, but likely see myself logging on from the hotel at the end of the day. To do more VW of course
What could be more important than stars? Other than collecting every spell that is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-25 09:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been contemplating taking up BLU again, I have slowly been dropping jobs up to the point I really only play PLD these days and I would like to expand my repertoire to jobs I previously played before Adoulin.

I got curious about the spells, all I could no doubt easily learn except the Vagary TP moves, are they any good, have you guys learned them? I'm leaning towards just missing them.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-25 18:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood Saber's kinda cool. Can heal more than Cure VI with that spell and for 20 MP in certain circumstances.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2015-11-28 08:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I realize physical spells aren't as viable as compared to magical spells now but I'm genuinely curious: If I stacked enough blue magic skill with viable accuracy would it bump up my physical spells damage enough to be worth using?

I experimented with my gear late last night and noticed I reached 502 skill. Was too tired to to run outside and test it though...

Edit: I should probably mention I'm just picking BLU back up after a break.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-28 10:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Hi, I realize physical spells aren't as viable as compared to magical spells now but I'm genuinely curious: If I stacked enough blue magic skill with viable accuracy would it bump up my physical spells damage enough to be worth using?

I experimented with my gear late last night and noticed I reached 502 skill. Was too tired to to run outside and test it though...

Edit: I should probably mention I'm just picking BLU back up after a break.

Chain Affinity + Efflux Sinker Drill can get some impressive numbers, best preceded by Chant du Cygne. Especially if you have the Chain Affinity boost from Job Points. It's good for "finishing" a monster, or doing a repeatable skillchain, or when slow and you know you won't be able to self skillchain otherwise.

As far as spamming BLU magic goes.. the use cases for that are slim. One case are the Caturae in sky when they have their shields up. You'd find the weakness and spam whatever spell they're weak to until you break their shield.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-28 10:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical spells are not bad, they're biggest problem though is the fact that it resets your swing timer and slows down your ws spam which tends to do way more damage.

Using them right after a WS or right before isn't a bad idea, some of them have nice consistent damage and will boost your total damage if timed properly.

Of course, always try to use at least one spell like sinker drill to sc when chain is up.

Your acc won't really come into play much on lower level mobs like right outside town, generally on those you will always land your physical spell. Also I do not believe stacking blue magic skill would increase the accuracy more than actual accuracy gear would. I do think they are affected by normal acc/atk now.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Parshias
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-11-29 10:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried soloing the Promathia HTBF on BLU? Any tips on trusts/strategies? The one sticking point I imagine there being is that healer trusts will probably get caught up in his AoE Silence move.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-29 11:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Parshias said: »
Has anyone tried soloing the Promathia HTBF on BLU? Any tips on trusts/strategies? The one sticking point I imagine there being is that healer trusts will probably get caught up in his AoE Silence move.

I used to do normal difficulty on BLU/DNC (to remove silence from the healer with waltz) with Amchuchu, Apururu, Selh'teus, Arciela and King of Hearts. Sel'theus and Arciela have auto-regain and AoE cure TP moves so they help a lot with Promathia's AoE spam.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-29 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Using them right after a WS or right before isn't a bad idea, some of them have nice consistent damage and will boost your total damage if timed properly.
JAs are the only abilities that benefit from proper timing (stacking into another action). WS and magic do not. Every spell you cast has a forced 3 second period of inaction after casting.

Quote:
Of course, always try to use at least one spell like sinker drill to sc when chain is up.
Depends. Self-skillchains are pretty easy to pull off these days, and CDC's usually going to do equal or better damage without the extra ~2.1-2.4s forced delay or total loss of TP.

There are situations where using a physical spell for damage is worthwhile, but they're niche - situations where melee damage is compromised but spell damage is not, TP gain is temporarily irrelevant/marginalized, or where you have TP but want to save it and the mob is at low health for example.
First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 445 446 447