First Page 2 3 ... 228 229 230 ... 446 447 448
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-15 17:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
For the corse, if your macc is high enough, you can consistently dispel his Memento with Blank Gaze. Makes the fight infinitely easier and even brings it into farm status. You can also sudden lunge him during Chainspell and just burn him down. Been soloing him practically non-stop for stones.

Checked out this mob on BGWiki, how do you deal with his AoE Charm?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-15 17:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The charm is actually not AoE, it's only single-target. I just make August tank and save myself the hassle.

If you do end up getting charmed, though, it's not the end. Make sure to always use a trust that uses a DoT, such as Koru, and you can easily recover as soon as the charm ends.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-11-15 21:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys:

Am I pro enough yet? MASTER MAGUS TITLE.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-16 01:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I honestly haven't gone to CP. Don't really care about anything past 1200. It will happen eventually. I have more pressing matters to face!
You aren't a true Blu until you have every useless spell and useless stars.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-16 01:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I honestly haven't gone to CP. Don't really care about anything past 1200. It will happen eventually. I have more pressing matters to face!
You aren't a true Blu until you have every useless spell and useless stars.

And Almace to 119 is no pressing matter.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-16 03:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to hear about strats for flayer solo with trusts. He completely resists stun so I can't lock him during his Azure Lore and he oneshots all the trusts with it (and me) :/ My accuracy and damage is fine but can't really survive for long once they are down.

Would Gessho be reliable enough with his shadows? I should use him with Amchuchu for the fast cast maybe? I am just not sure how frequently he recasts utsusemi and whether gets easily interrupted when hit or not.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-16 03:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll want to /NIN for the soulflayer. Personally, I use August, Arciela 1, Ulmia, Qultada, and Yoran. I utterly despise Gessho as a trust, as I've found he can tank for approximately 7 seconds before I pull hate off him. Arciela does a very very good job of keeping up AoE magic defense bonus, which should be enough to keep your trusts alive through Azure Lore. Keep up Magic Barrier and there's an astronomically low chance you'll be 1-shot. You can also Blank Gaze his MAB boost from Immortal Mind to help out. I have White Wind set to immediately heal us all up afterwards. August will die every time, but you can finish the fight tanking yourself as long as you properly maintain shadows. He shouldn't get more than one Azure Lore off, but if he does, simply absorb all of his physical spells with shadows to avoid the SC and resulting burst from Floe.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-16 04:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Gessho isn't much good at keeping hate, but was thinking maybe if I hold back a little, he can at least blink out some Azure Lore spells.

Sadly magic damage is not the only problem as he can do 2.5k Barbed Crescent under Azure Lore on a trust XD He seemed to favor physical spells in my case.

Thanks for the advice.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-16 05:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue with that is that you don't want to be holding back in that fight. The longer it takes the more Azure Lore rotations he gets in and the higher your chances of dying become. Most T1s are zergs, where you're hoping to kill them before they kill you, and dragging it out inevitably works against you. Not just for the fight itself, but for your ability to farm stones/gear. Playing it safe is all well and good, and I wholly suggest adding some more utility/defense spells while soloing, but holding back just so a stupid bird might possibly hold hate is counter-productive, in my opinion.
[+]
By jaegar 2015-11-16 13:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Hey guys:

Am I pro enough yet? MASTER MAGUS TITLE.

Congrats Sabishii! :-D
By Takisan 2015-11-16 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
The thing about Requiescat that's special is that it ignores type resistances(since it is damage without a property). So if something is physical immune you can still requiescat it for full damage, which is useful for breaking damage shells and things like that to put the mob back to normal.

Cherti: "Hahaha, that's what you think."
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-11-16 16:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for the masses, I know a few people who say they are getting mighty guard to last 5mins. How is this possible I have full job points into unbridled learning 2 and the gear as far as I know but my mighty guard is only lasting 3mins. I'm at 1348 job points if that matters for categories but I can not figure it out.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-11-16 17:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Question for the masses, I know a few people who say they are getting mighty guard to last 5mins. How is this possible I have full job points into unbridled learning 2 and the gear as far as I know but my mighty guard is only lasting 3mins. I'm at 1348 job points if that matters for categories but I can not figure it out.
Diffusion with relic feet
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-11-16 17:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zykei said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Diffusion with relic feet

This. Max out diffusion, have relic feet, and your mighty guard will be over 5 minutes only with diffusion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-11-16 18:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think about Herculean Gloves vs Adhemar Wristbands?

Herculean Gloves augment with Fern Stone used
6 AGI
35 Accuracy
20 Attack
+4 Critical Hit Rate

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-11-16 19:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
What do you guys think about Herculean Gloves vs Adhemar Wristbands?

Herculean Gloves augment with Fern Stone used
6 AGI
35 Accuracy
20 Attack
+4 Critical Hit Rate

Going by the conversation with Stamos the last page. They probably win (same TA, more accurate atk etc). With dex instead of agi they certainly win for CDC.

I wouldn't settle for them personally but I'd certainly take them.

Cool thanks. I don't think I'll get any better using Fern stones that will give this much accuracy and attack, but once I get more Pellucid Stones I'm gonna try and get different augments if possible and see
By Selindrile 2015-11-17 09:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone checked the spreadsheets for how good Tanmogayi is?

Recently got one and I'm honestly not sure if I should be impressed or not, the damage and acc look positively titanic but, the WSs don't feel that omfgwtf, not sure if I should +1 it and go for a second or not, it's delay is pretty massive, opinions?
By geigei 2015-11-17 09:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »

Recently got one and I'm honestly not sure if I should be impressed or not, the damage and acc look positively titanic but, the WSs don't feel that omfgwtf, not sure if I should +1 it and go for a second or not, it's delay is pretty massive, opinions?

Best mainhand atm.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-17 10:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Got +4 TA on Herculean Boots, but plugging into the SS... seems if you go with STP +6 instead will beat it. Making it an upgraded version of Carmine +1. Assume that works for if you're using DW3 as well, and making them DW+5 for an upgraded version of Taeon. Going to keep the TA+4 just because though
By Colossusx 2015-11-17 10:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Selindrile said: »

Best mainhand atm.
What UC is that from?
By Selindrile 2015-11-17 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Best mainhand atm.

Ok, so +1 it :D, best offhand to pair with it if you know? NQ? Claid? Nibiru?

Colossusx said: »
What UC is that from?

Sarama.
By geigei 2015-11-17 10:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like NibiruA from my old spreadsheet best offhand.
[+]
By Selindrile 2015-11-17 10:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like NibiruA from my old spreadsheet best offhand.

Thanks a ton with my computer and openoffice, the spreadsheet takes like 10 minutes to load and then crashes half the time so I quite appreciate it.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-17 10:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Will depend on the augments on Colada tbh. Well, until almace is upgraded
By geigei 2015-11-17 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope colada is good nuke sword with burst augm.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-17 15:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Until we know the max augs on Colada, I'm getting Tanmogayi +1 as the best overall mainhand and Nibiru A as the best overall offhand. This is sans-mythic, of course. If it wasn't for damn Incursion, I'd already be trying out Colada, but those idiotic lizards won't give me enough coffers.

When it comes to Herculean gear, understand that the best augments are massively dependant on your other gear. Simply changing one piece in your TP or CDC set can change everything else around. I'm still working on a better spreadsheet, but for now, the best way to see the best gear for your exact situation is to check the spreadsheet yourself. I will be making some updates to sets soon for overall "best" performance, but just know that your results may change drastically based on a large number of factors.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 228 229 230 ... 446 447 448