First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 446 447 448
By geigei 2015-11-18 14:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Some Colada magic augms:

refresh +2
enh. mag. eff. duration +1
cure potency +6
magic dmg +7

Lots of melee stats too, stp, DA...dmg might cap at 20, macc/mab 25, overall not bad but i was hoping for burst augm.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 15:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Hate to do this to y'all, but I'm a fellow BLU in need of help.

I just got back on since the game is free and I'm interested in where and what I should start. I apparently have Espial gear on in every slot. Surprising, considering I quit days after Adoulin release. I read all about the certain gear and such people have now but I can't seem to track down the methods of obtaining them on BGwiki or any other sites.

Any advice for a place I can start to get myself even close to where I need to be?

Thanks!

What exactly didn't you find on BGWiki, I can correct that.

As far as progression delve > alluvion skirmish armor (taeon) > escha = SR > abjuration > reijinsama with augments and stuff.

So, I can't really do delves and ***solo, can I? even with trusts?
I'm reading up on them and they all seem to require low man groups. Maybe I'll get on in the evening time when the traffic is higher and see what the game is about then.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-18 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got back on since the game is free and I'm interested in where and what I should start. I apparently have Espial gear on in every slot. Surprising, considering I quit days after Adoulin release. I read all about the certain gear and such people have now but I can't seem to track down the methods of obtaining them on BGwiki or any other sites.

Any advice for a place I can start to get myself even close to where I need to be?

Thanks!

As far as progression delve > alluvion skirmish armor (taeon) > escha = SR > abjuration > reijinsama with augments and stuff.

I'm reading up on them and they all seem to require low man groups. Maybe I'll get on in the evening time when the traffic is higher and see what the game is about then.

I'd say start with some Alluvion Skirmish and get some Taeon (TP & WS) and Helios (nuking) - that'd be a pretty solid starting point. Only issue there is you might be expected to nuke down elementals for that, and you'll need some of the post Adoulin spells for that.

I'd suggest hitting up Morimar for Spectral Floe, Cirdas for Subduction (Maroliths use it), and more dangerously, Out Ra'Kaznar for Entomb and Tenebral Crush. Retinal Glare is also a decent single target spell, which you can find from Panopts in Moh Gates and Yahse. There's a bunch of other spells you'll want as well, but those will probably help the most getting started with Skirmish [A] gear.

Edit to add: There's still a couple of nice pieces from Delve, but nothing that should be a huge priority next to Skirmish [A] gear... the sword from Tojil is one of the better off-hands pre-Nibiru, Eddy Necklace from the shark is nice for nuking, etc... but I wouldn't waste time augmenting any of the weapons/armor, unless you REALLY can't do better than Qaxxo.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 15:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

Thanks!

I'd say start with some Alluvion Skirmish and get some Taeon (TP & WS) and Helios (nuking) - that'd be a pretty solid starting point. Only issue there is you might be expected to nuke down elementals for that, and you'll need some of the post Adoulin spells for that.

I'd suggest hitting up Morimar for Spectral Floe, Cirdas for Subduction (Maroliths use it), and more dangerously, Out Ra'Kaznar for Entomb and Tenebral Crush. Retinal Glare is also a decent single target spell, which you can find from Panopts in Moh Gates and Yahse. There's a bunch of other spells you'll want as well, but those will probably help the most getting started with Skirmish [A] gear.

Okay... so first thing is to go get spells. Then figure things out from there.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-18 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest only getting the 8 dual new elemental spells in alluvion skirmish so you don't waste your life.

Pretty easy to find the Gelfryst and Brygen mobs at any given time, but the others, not so much, especially the Baelfyr or whatever ones.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

3 to enter, and I would suggest only getting the 8 dual new elemental spells in alluvion skirmish so you don't waste your life.

What spells are those?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-18 16:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Full List to make it easier:
Spectral Floe
Tenebral Crush
Silent Storm
Searing Tempest
Scouring Spate
Blinding Fulgor
Anvil Lightning
Entomb
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Full List to make it easier:
Spectral Floe
Tenebral Crush
Silent Storm
Searing Tempest
Scouring Spate
Blinding Fulgor
Anvil Lightning
Entomb

Thank you so much!
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-18 16:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE added a way to unlock the weapons skill from emps. You either need a lvl 90+ emp or can go get 30 Coins(Coin of glory is for Sword), 100 Devious Dies and 100 Limule Residue to make a quick and dirty WoE 99 weapon and then yuo goto WoE and talk to a Moogle to unlock it.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SE added a way to unlock the weapons skill from emps. You either need a lvl 90+ emp or can go get 30 Coins(I wanna say advancement offhand), 100 Devious Dies and 100 Limule Residue to make a quick and dirty WoE 99 weapon and then yuo goto WoE and talk to a Moogle to unlock it.

I have Almace 85... faster to take it to 90 (apademak I think?) or to just do WoE to 99?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-18 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK you server prices for those items (most can be gotten from login points btw). If you had like 1.8m on Asura you could unlock it if you bought everything. TBH even if you didn't have the gil to buy them I think you could farm the gil faster then you could farm Apa anyway.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK you server prices for those items (most can be gotten from login points btw). If you had like 1.8m on Asura you could unlock it if you bought everything. TBH even if you didn't have the gil to buy them I think you could farm the gil faster then you could farm Apa anyway.

Oh ***, I have like 50 mil so I should be okay. Didn't know you could buy them.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-18 16:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you fine! BTW I updated my post but just to make sure you don't get wrong coins its Coin of Glory for sword.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you fine! BTW I updated my post but just to make sure you don't get wrong coins its Coin of Glory for sword.

Okay, awesome! thanks so much! I assume that CDC is still beast mode and should be obtained?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-18 16:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea you defiantly want CDC asap on BLU.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea you defiantly want CDC asap on BLU.

I can buy the coins of glory or w/e?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-18 16:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes not from the AH though. Bazaar or shotu you need 30 coins of glory, 100 Devious Dies and 100 Limule Residue
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-18 16:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes not from the AH though. Bazaar or shotu you need 30 coins of glory, 100 Devious Dies and 100 Limule Residue

Ahh, one of those. Thanks!
By lhova 2015-11-18 17:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick FC question. I don't know what's up but it seems as if my FC gear isn't doing ***. I have +5% on the helios pieces so I'm figure with the other gear and Blue spellcasting down from body I should be at about ~40% FC. I know that isn't the cap and I'm assuming that number with FC2 trait from Erratic Flutter and 100 JP gift (currently at 920 JP). I play on xbox so I macro FC equipset, cast Tenebral Crush, wait 1 and equip magic set. I believe normal casting time is 5.5 seconds for the 116 tier Blu spells but it doesn't seem to be any faster with this macro.

I'm also using EF but I don't get why I see other BLU's casting these tier spells much faster than me. The slow casting time impacts my ability to magic cleave so I'm getting pissed. I'm pursuing the FC set from the OP guide but I was hoping to see a noticible difference now. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong? Please help!

ItemSet 339431

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2015-11-18 17:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
I play on xbox

Have to move to PC anyway. So at least you can use gearswap and have it show what gear you are using in the log so you know.

Dude, I dread the move. I may even quit. I've been playing this game on my console for years, using my controller and playing on my 60" TV. I realize that its probably possible to do all of those things on my laptop but I really really like playing on xbox. I may even stop playing once Xbox is done.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2015-11-19 04:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Question.... of the 3 BLU af body options (Assimilator's, Luhlaza, and Hashishin) which is the best? If you had to choose one.
By geigei 2015-11-19 04:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Question.... of the 3 BLU af body options (Assimilator's, Luhlaza, and Hashishin) which is the best? If you had to choose one.

Mintan for FC and refresh.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-11-19 07:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Dude, I dread the move. I may even quit. I've been playing this game on my console for years, using my controller and playing on my 60" TV. I realize that its probably possible to do all of those things on my laptop but I really really like playing on xbox. I may even stop playing once Xbox is done.

If it helps, you don't have to switch to using a keyboard to play. I've used a controller since the beginning and it works just fine on pc. The other nice thing about a pc is just being able to alt+tab to reference pages. XI isn't a good couch game and it requires more research so it's easier if you can have both on one device. 2 monitors helps out a lot too if you need a map or something up.

On the monitor vs tv thing, I don't know the specs on your tv or your laptop but you can make the game look much better on a pc than you ever will on an xbox. Things like oversampling and being able to bump the game to 60fps are excellent. I doubt you'll miss the 60" tv much either. Not that you can't just hook your laptop up to it and play that way but most monitors have the same resolution as the TV's anyway but a much tighter pixel density. The difference is the pixels on a TV are larger and designed for viewing from a farther distance so to your eye, the monitor will generally have a sharper picture.

I'll admit that playing on PC can be a whole lot more complicated, but it only is if you want it to be. The option is there, but it's not required to play, just makes the game better.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-11-19 09:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Assimilators as well, do not count out 20 blu magic skill
First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 446 447 448