Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » [dev1117] Job Adjustments: Ranger
[dev1117] Job Adjustments: Ranger
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 22:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis used to be fun, but now I'd almost rather get intimate with a cheese grater.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-23 22:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ragni said: »
So give me numbers of your good melee DD from provenance watcher? Like i said before i was doig 67k total dmg in 3 minutes but i dont have access to parse right now. Isn't that good argument that RNG can be subpar with other melee DD's?
20% on PW?

other DD's suck
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-04-23 23:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

as that parse proved lol
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 01:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
as that parse proved lol
Meh, it seems to be edited out because it didn't prove Ragni/Ato were the best DD's on any server.

As far as Upheaval+MS, 2h's, etc, they aren't really necessary. We're down to 120s as our fastest kill so far, so I just use Ukko's. The 6 DD's in those parses usually come out to 20/20/15-20/15/10, NIN/BLU/BLM/BLM/SCH/THF fill in the rest.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-04-24 01:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Gun RNG uses so much more gil than any job in the game, there isn't really anything about the job that can justify the gil loss other than doing it for fun either.

So true, but watching a 11k Barrage on Pil was <3
 Bahamut.Ragni
Server: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-24 05:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
So give me numbers of your good melee DD from provenance watcher? Like i said before i was doig 67k total dmg in 3 minutes but i dont have access to parse right now. Isn't that good argument that RNG can be subpar with other melee DD's?
20% on PW?

other DD's suck

So please give me a proof that other DD's (thats doesnt suck) doing +70k in that 180 secs then ill just stfu ^^

Well i guess this is too hard to understand - you can always tell that DD's suck because u dont know ppl lol or other excuse. As i said before that parse wasnt good example because we got nearly 0 procs <50%~ hp, oh well have fun.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-24 06:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread...wtf?
[+]
 Bahamut.Enkidou
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2012-04-24 07:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, it seems to be edited out because it didn't prove Ragni/Ato were the best DD's on any server.

I like you.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 08:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited my post, meant 120s. Also, if I can find someone who saved a parse I'll be happy to post it and hear whatever crap Ato/Ragni have to say about it.

I can't guarantee I'll give a ***.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-04-24 10:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

incoming-

1. cele's smithing mule.
2. bullets for me.
3. gouge the hell out of the rest of you.

I'm dead serious. Clothcrafting was fun as hell to level for my mage jobs, been thinking about leveling another craft on a mule for over a year. Debating a consumable...lol who knew it would be smithing ^^
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 11:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

20% on PW?

other DD's suck

So please give me a proof that other DD's (thats doesnt suck) doing +70k in that 180 secs then ill just stfu ^^

Well i guess this is too hard to understand - you can always tell that DD's suck because u dont know ppl lol or other excuse. As i said before that parse wasnt good example because we got nearly 0 procs <50%~ hp, oh well have fun.

If people are stunning properly, it doesn't really seem to matter how much it gets proc'd.

Edit: Although DDs getting hit by TP moves gives RNG an edge!
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-24 11:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited my post, meant 120s. Also, if I can find someone who saved a parse I'll be happy to post it and hear whatever crap Ato/Ragni have to say about it. I can't guarantee I'll give a ***.

I think you have serious problem lol. I really dont see Ato here defending me or whatever. If Ato hurted you someday maybe go see with a doctor ; ;

And i can't wait for you awsome parse.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 11:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see if anyone parsed our PW last night. I was on stun duty.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

129s PW, pretty sure we didn't get feint...
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-24 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

129s PW, pretty sure we didn't get feint...

Well pretty close to my 67k dmg but here we have 129 sec when i did 67k in ~180 secs. So my argument from first page is valid then :) RNG with all buffs can subpar with melee DD's i think you will agree with me? - all the time i was trying to tell this lol.

I have problem with access to our parse.... - all was posted on GW forums but after GW update no one has access there lol ~~
 Bahamut.Atoreis
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-24 17:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is none calling Nujabes, Pyotale and Rearden a noobs?
I see no Upheavels in this parse.
Why is none saying that Rearden defending his not optimal strategy by saying its not necessary to make it better?
I will guess because he is not in my brigade :)

Ragni is a person. He has his own mind. I argue with him more than with anyone else in this game. His parse might be a bad proof of anything but saying he is insert whatever because we are friends is more lame than anything.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-04-24 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
Why is none saying that Rearden defending his not optimal strategy by saying its not necessary to make it better?

Both sides have a different point of view, both of them being flawed to the point where it's laughable.

Fact is, both sides still succeed, so why would people give a ***and nitpick. Hell, we don't even play with them, they have 0 impact on us.

Who would try to reason with children anyway.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-24 18:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Both sides have a different point of view, both of them being flawed to the point where it's laughable.

Fact is, both sides still succeed, so why would people give a ***and nitpick. Hell, we don't even play with them, they have 0 impact on us.

Who would try to reason with children anyway.

Personally I have no intention to nitpick things like that. I'm just simply wondering why the same argument is valid against Ragni and is nitpicking against Rearden?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 18:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We aren't discussing strategy, we're saying that a RNG can't keep up with melee's in a >3min zerg when the melee's are receiving SV+March or Haste+Embrava.

Any situation this occurs in means that the DD's suck.

If someone would like to re-code FFXI and make it so Ranged Attacks receive a delay reduction and no between shot timer, I'd be more than willing to accept your argument.

Some of us play more than 1 job, and don't even have Upheaval merited. If you wanted to nitpick, you'd be asking why the WAR's weren't MS+Resolution. Since I already pointed out, it doesn't matter when you kill it in 2m, I'll wait for a parse where a RNG outperforms good DD's.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-04-24 18:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nitpicking and childish in both situation.

Whether I read BG or these forums, it's always the same names dramaing like children instead of having a constructive talk.

But hey, I understand where both sides come from, once you are able to succeed, the only thing that matter is making it more efficient so in the end, it's all about the "how". It's a good thing, just not when it's discussed like 3yo children would discuss it.

Quote:
If someone would like to re-code FFXI and make it so Ranged Attacks receive a delay reduction and no between shot timer, I'd be more than willing to accept your argument.
Exactly.

The whole argument should have stopped there. When someone states a fact that just can't be countered, people should swallow it like men.
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-24 18:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets make it clear, ok?

I started this dicussion because of this post:

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
...RNG is good for killing fetters in Provenance Watcher, and for procing Archery.

Helel, I want to touch myself to your RNG sometimes, but it's still not going to keep up with delay-capped WARs with MS up and DRKs/SAMs on a 4-minute SV/Embrava fight.

Yeah Sylow argument that RNG is only good for procing archery in prov is invalid because i can do nice dmg too not only proc archery~

It's true that rng is good for killing fetters (5.6k last stand and ~5k wildfires).

Ok i did mistake saying that i can beat very good DD but still i can do nice dmg anyway ;) 67k in 3 mins is not bad comparing to Rearden parse where 180 sec fight could yeld ~83k dmg for WAR - SE need to make EES stronger then :D
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 18:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said you couldn't do decent damage on RNG, I said you're not going to be keeping up with good delay capped embrava melees in a 2hr zerg with SV songs.

I don't understand why everyone takes it as an insult and gets defensive when you say something isn't the best for something in a specific situation, while still acknowledging the power of the job elsewhere.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 18:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't fetters entirely/easily preventable? I'm sure I've heard that from several reliable sources. At that point you're left with archery procs, which aren't particularly useful.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 18:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we usually see 1 at most per fight, stuns completely prevent them.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 18:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Pardon my ignorance, but aren't fetters entirely/easily preventable? I'm sure I've heard that from several reliable sources. At that point you're left with archery procs, which aren't particularly useful.

They do happen. In 20 or so PWs a fetter gets off due to a resisted stun or a fast casting spell or a stun timer being down 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 fights. If a fetter does appear they need to be dispatched with immediately, because if I recall correctly, besides reducing damage, fetters being present also increase PW's resistance to status ailments (stun).

They're enough of a problem if they do spawn that it's worth having a RNG around to dispatch a melee fetter if it spawns, but they're better off in the proc/stun party.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-25 01:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I never said you couldn't do decent damage on RNG, I said you're not going to be keeping up with good delay capped embrava melees in a 2hr zerg with SV songs.

I don't understand why everyone takes it as an insult and gets defensive when you say something isn't the best for something in a specific situation, while still acknowledging the power of the job elsewhere.

Lets make it more clear.
He did 67k in 180 sec.
WARs on full buffs made 60k in 129sec.
Assuming this fight would be 180 sec not 120 those WARs would do 83k IF we could count it like that but we cant because those WARs benefit from Mighty Strikes in first minute of the fight so the damage would be lower in 129-180 phase. I would guess you will end up with something like 75k. Your talking about the situation were you would win with 20% on parse with RNG's 18% on parse and you are saying that RNG cant keep up and is only for proc.
Following your logic every other DD that will parse around 18% when you parse 20% is worth nothing but proc. I am pretty sure that will cover most DD jobs and probably 90% of WARs too. Actually this could cover your WAR if better WAR with Ragnarok would pop there and outparse you by 2%.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 01:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's nice, except you could have put a melee in the RNG's slot, getting BRD+COR buffs.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-25 02:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet if Ragni were a BLU he wouldn't be put up on this pedestal.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-25 02:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw the parse, was it the one where he hit a 10k+ barrage too?

Cause that happens every fight.

Relying on MS to beat PW is pretty silly if you're already killing it faster than groups who are using MS and you're doing multiple runs.

In addition to that, for a minute of the fight, Ukko's is going to have a minimum 68% crit rate and edging closer to 100% due to TP bonus atmacites. Sure, MS Upheaval or Reso is going to do more damage, but throwing up MS and autowinning a parse doesn't really show what a job is normally capable of.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 02:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Go sit in the corner with the DNCs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7