[dev1117] Job Adjustments: Ranger
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Ragni
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-23 17:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylow and Prothescar BG brigade! You guys are just 100000% perfect!

Doing myself 67k DMG (other parse which i dont have right now) in 3 minutes means that RNG can actually beat GOOD DD's.

That WAR didnt have 2hr because of 2hr reset mob.

This parse was from worst provenance we ever did because we had no procs <50%. I failed that i even put this here but oh well nice troll bait for BG pro guys :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-23 17:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 17:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

2hrs should be reset before Provenance Watcher if they are lost in the BCs beforehand.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 17:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I'm glad my 32 posts on BG make me a part of the BG brigade. I'M SO HAPPY GUYS, I BELONG SOMEWHERE.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-23 17:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A rng with proper buffs won't be completely awful, this doesn't make you anything special. The parse you posted only hurts your case based on the other bad DDs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-23 17:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
2hrs should be reset before Provenance Watcher if they are lost in the BCs beforehand.

Like ppl want to wait for 2hr reset?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 17:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ragni said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »

Like ppl want to wait for 2hr reset?

Good players are patient.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-23 17:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree with that, would be a massive waste of time to wait on 2hr resets for a stray WAR.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 17:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I'll agree with that, would be a massive waste of time to wait on 2hr resets for a stray WAR.

They didn't have SV songs either, so obviously BRD was reset too.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-23 17:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really wanted to be optimal, you'd reset 2hrs before every VW.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 17:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So now we have proof that RNG can come in 2nd in a zerg vs. a mediocre SAM, a WAR with no 2hr, a DRK spamming an inferior WS, and no Soul Voice.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-23 17:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And a MNK I am very disappointed in. :(
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-23 17:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Only really relevant to watcher, since you really really don't want to wipe to him after farming up the key items.

I find that 9 out of every 10 decently geared MNKs are completely brain dead and have no clue how to deal damage.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 17:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
If you really wanted to be optimal, you'd reset 2hrs before every VW.

This is technically true, except you spam every other VW, so it doesn't make sense to do it. You're not doing back-to-back Provenance Watchers, so there's absolutely no reason to not go in with maximum firepower.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2012-04-23 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So give me numbers of your good melee DD from provenance watcher? Like i said before i was doig 67k total dmg in 3 minutes but i dont have access to parse right now. Isn't that good argument that RNG can be subpar with other melee DD's?
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2012-04-23 17:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can reset 2hr rather easy if you want it takes about 10 min at most in a worse case wtf is that guy afk again situation.
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-04-23 19:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i do not wish to derail this thread so i posted my replies to some of the posts about my sam in the most current sam thread here
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-04-23 19:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but when I look at that parse all I think is "2 is not a winner."
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2012-04-23 20:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yow, this thread went from talking about EES to e-peen DRK and SAM parse discussion. Anyways, Nin doesn't really use that much gil anymore, so that's pretty much out of the question here. As for RNG, eating up bullets has gotten worse, with the addition of things such as double shot and more hits in barrage, and with bullets at high costs (140k for stack of adaman bullets on my server) RNG's wallets have been emptying faster than ever. Every RNG doesn't have the 200-300k to blow on each run of voidwatch.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 20:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is just jealous it isn't DNC.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-04-23 20:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dragoncloud said: »
Yow, this thread went from talking about EES to e-peen DRK and SAM parse discussion. Anyways, Nin doesn't really use that much gil anymore, so that's pretty much out of the question here. As for RNG, eating up bullets has gotten worse, with the addition of things such as double shot and more hits in barrage, and with bullets at high costs (140k for stack of adaman bullets on my server) RNG's wallets have been emptying faster than ever. Every RNG doesn't have the 200-300k to blow on each run of voidwatch.
You most likely didn't have RNG at 75 back in 2004. The RNG cost nowadays is reasonably cheaper than that day.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-04-23 21:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about 2004. Its an expensive job to play and it always will be.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-04-23 21:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe add a recycle effect to Velocity Shot? NIN has Yonin and the Ninja tool expertise merits. RNG has recycle merits, but don't have a JA to add to it. Sure there's gear but a JA would help a lot.
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-04-23 21:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

All DD jobs cost money, unless you never use food. RNG just uses more. but yes rng is not a job for the broke, even the best bullets are very expensive unless you can make them, and even if you can they are still expensive.

as for the thread derailing to rng vs close range dds job that isnt anything new, as we all know if you're aren't WAR or SAM or possibly MNK you're "doin it wrong" or whatever elitist lingo is these days.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-04-23 22:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
You most likely didn't have RNG at 75 back in 2004. The RNG cost nowadays is reasonably cheaper than that day.

Back in 2004 you could use less than stellar ammo and handily beat the DD of that day.

Today? It's millions on stacks of ammo to be on par with a DD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-23 22:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

04-23-2012 8:10 PM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1199] New Job Ability: Ranger

• Gil Toss (Lv. 99)

• Utilizes Gil as a direct means of damage. Damage is proportional to the amount thrown. Gil can be tossed in quantities of one-hundred thousand, one million, ten million, one-hundred million, and one billion gil.

Subscribe
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-23 22:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Maybe add a recycle effect to Velocity Shot? NIN has Yonin and the Ninja tool expertise merits. RNG has recycle merits, but don't have a JA to add to it. Sure there's gear but a JA would help a lot.
Scavenger: Increases Ranged Accuacy but lowers Ranged Attack.Enhances "Recycle" Effect.

<insert witty name here>: Increases Ranged Attack but lowers Ranged Accuracy.Enhances critical hit rate.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-23 22:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys shoulda made a crossbow :x adaman bolts are super-duper cheap! 1 ingot for 6+ bolt heads, one bolt head for 99-297 bolts! Even 100k an ingot, that's only 5-15k~ a stack of adaman bolts :>
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-04-23 22:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asura.Vrytreya said: »

Back in 2004 you could use less than stellar ammo and handily beat the DD of that day.

Today? It's millions on stacks of ammo to be on par with a DD.
Only when it comes to HNM, maybe. Due to no level difference penalty on ranged attack.
The problem was there wasn't enough rich people play other job than RNG.

Again, the ammo cost is relatively cheaper now compared to back in the day. People will give dubious response to anyone who claimed they can make 1m/day back in the day. Now, almost everyone can do it, as long as they got enough motivation to do the most boring activity in this game (at least to me).
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-23 22:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun RNG uses so much more gil than any job in the game, there isn't really anything about the job that can justify the gil loss other than doing it for fun either.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7