Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2013-02-09 01:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rafien said: »
I think this thread needs to close :)

Last thing I want to see is more PUP's hanging out in Dyna. I believe it's a hidden secret that needs to stay that way.

I have such mixed feelings on this. Lately there actually have been a few pups showing up on the same beaches in Buburimu that I stalk. Usually though there's maybe only 5-20 minutes of this though before one of us gets the boot from the time limit.

For a long time I had been going as PUP/SCH because I was a'scared to go in without some way to RR myself (was much less confident at the time). About 2-3 months ago I had leveled THF high enough to sub it, and things were hot; was pulling in 160-210 on a regular basis. After the last this year, my next 3 runs were staggeringly bad, going as low as 110. I wasn't sure what had happened. I mean the correction to /THF Sneak Attack was expected to come eventually, but the lack of procs/drops made me worried something else was afoot.

Kept trucking on and turned out I was just extremely unlucky that few days. Also started taking pictures of mandies now when they get stuck in silly positions.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-02-11 13:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I been reading a lot of posts on pup and came across a dynamis 1 from a year ago where the author got blasted for his pup is good in dynamis. Now that I have been going pup there is constantly 3 to 4 pups in there. It still is better than 20 others fighting over mobs.
By Lariae 2013-02-13 01:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, got two pups leveled up. Currently skilling them up now. Once I get done I plan to do Dynamis.

Pup # 1 --> Full Thaumas, Epona's, Twilight belt.. ect..
Pup #2 --> Full FAIL.. (Aura set, and pretty much everything AHable)

Both using Brawny Adargas.

Which automaton combination would you guys suggest I use, and beside the WS Proc attachments, any suggestions? Maneuvers generally kept up? General strategy? Ect..
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-13 12:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You will have a hard time dual-boxing two puppetmasters (assuming that's what you're asking). When I do Dynamis I'm busy for 120 minutes; it's not like THF+BRD where one character just tosses the occasional buff. I guess if I were doing two pups dual-box I'd use something like PUP/THF + PUP/- with two Soulsoother autos?

I usually use:
Mana Tank/Mana Converter/Damage Gauge/Vivi-valve/Power Cooler/Mana Booster/Armor Plate II/Mana Jammer II/Accelerator II
but not always. These are all inexpensive attachments. Turbo Charger isn't bad for that final spot, since your auto's TP helps with procs. My wife uses a little bit different attachment setup. A lot of it is up to your tastes.
By Ravenn42 2013-02-13 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
You will have a hard time dual-boxing two puppetmasters (assuming that's what you're asking). When I do Dynamis I'm busy for 120 minutes; it's not like THF+BRD where one character just tosses the occasional buff. I guess if I were doing two pups dual-box I'd use something like PUP/THF + PUP/- with two Soulsoother autos?

I usually use:
Mana Tank/Mana Converter/Damage Gauge/Vivi-valve/Power Cooler/Mana Booster/Armor Plate II/Mana Jammer II/Accelerator II
but not always. These are all inexpensive attachments. Turbo Charger isn't bad for that final spot, since your auto's TP helps with procs. My wife uses a little bit different attachment setup. A lot of it is up to your tastes.

I have trouble keeping my pup mp. Because he drops cure V when I only down like 100hp
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-13 13:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Avoid mobs with aoe moves and deactivate-activate at will.
By Ravenn42 2013-02-13 13:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I like doing qufim and it seems most do some type of aoe.... is optic fiber worth using in Dynamis with soulsoother?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-02-13 13:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
Ok, got two pups leveled up. Currently skilling them up now. Once I get done I plan to do Dynamis.

Pup # 1 --> Full Thaumas, Epona's, Twilight belt.. ect..
Pup #2 --> Full FAIL.. (Aura set, and pretty much everything AHable)

Both using Brawny Adargas.

Which automaton combination would you guys suggest I use, and beside the WS Proc attachments, any suggestions? Maneuvers generally kept up? General strategy? Ect..

light -> fire -> dark and I always have the converter loaded key is have to keep those up anyway for ur attachments to fire flashblub and strobe and refresh/converter.

I setup a macros which assisted and made the auto attack as well and fired off the maneuvers in a cycle so the 3 stayed up. I removed any attachments that consumed a maneuver. /thf for sure better yet pup/dnc thf/dnc and you can go to whatever mob is open during the ws or ja window that isn't crowded JA still always procced faster for me.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-13 14:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of using pup in dyna is to do ws mobs...all you get going /dnc is -2 TH.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-02-13 14:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is getting coins maxing ur ability to proc and note its says /thf and if you have 2 toons bring one as a thf/dnc and you can proc most of the things when heavy competition silly rabbit...

I did all the above for months making my rag by far the fastest coin generation was pup/dnc + thf/dnc and the ability to move to mobs where competition was lacking.....
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-13 15:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »

I usually use:

I have trouble keeping my pup mp. Because he drops cure V when I only down like 100hp

You should not have trouble with MP, generally speaking, with the combination of attachments that I posted. Mana Tank, Mana Converter, and Power Cooler make the auto pretty efficient with the standard Light/Fire/Dark maneuver set that we use. I usually pull 3-5 nightmare mobs, and Cocoa never has trouble keeping me up. Even 6-7 is doable. Beastmen are a different story though, lol, beware casters! If you are having trouble with MP:

• You need to cap your evasion skill, lol.

• The automaton is taking too much damage, either from AoE or pulling hate with Strobe. Make sure to face mobs with a breath attack, like raptors or manticores, away from him. If you are pulling a group, make sure you get a couple of hits in on each so that Strobe won't put hate on your auto.

• You are letting dark maneuvers drop and not putting them back up quickly enough.

Deactivating of course helps, but I don't recommend doing it all the time- you lose your auto's TP and maneuvers, so it's not helping with procs. If you have time moving from one camp to another, that's when you should deactivate/activate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-13 15:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't find Vivi-Valve that useful since it results in a lot of overheal. I use Auto-Repair Kit II to keep the auto's hp topped off since I always have a light maneuver up anyway.

But yeah, shouldn't be having mp issues in Dynamis,
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-13 15:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I don't find Vivi-Valve that useful since it results in a lot of overheal. I use Auto-Repair Kit II to keep the auto's hp topped off since I always have a light maneuver up anyway.

But yeah, shouldn't be having mp issues in Dynamis,

I just started using it this week, I always felt it was kind of worthless before. There's definitely a lot of overhealing in Dynamis. But a handful of times a night, it gives a little boost... not sure if I'll stick with it. I had used Auto Repair Kit II myself, which is also a small boost.

Vivi-valve is more suited to Abyssea NM soloing, where your health is much higher and you get more mileage from it, I think.
By Lariae 2013-02-13 16:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking for MP Management.. At least now when im skilling up MP Is not an issue at all. I can simply heal myself with a waltz, then Role reversal, Deactivate, reactivate and im good to go. So between monsters I could probably do that to restore mp pool.

I planned to go as PUP/THF on the main char (The one with thaumas) and PUP/DNC On the alt (So i can heal, cure, ect with that when needed) As far as automaton i was thinking double rdm? But not sure if one WHM and one tank pup would be better? I read that the haste from puppet doesnt cast on others on ffxiclopedia, but that seems outdated.. And the whole purpose of this is to use WS Proc times and get away from the massive competetion. I was doing THF/DNC and BRD/DNC Before with my two chars and pulling around 320.. Hoping to do more with this combo.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-13 16:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to use Deactivate/Reactivate as little as possible because, as mentioned earlier, it wipes your maneuvers and (I think) resets the auto's ability timers. Activating also generates burden that can result in an overload if you're not careful.

Auto's Haste spell is master only, but it can cure/regen/debuff party members with the correct maneuver up. The RDM auto would be nice if it wouldn't nuke so *** much. I'd vote for Soulsoother + Valoredge. Valoredge has an extra proc with Shield Bash, faster tp gain, and will improve kill speed in general.

I'm genuinely curious how this all turns out :3
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 17:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, Soulsoother can cast protect, shell and haste on other party members other than master. For that it requires that the person is a party member, be the main target of the mob in that moment and that master got a water maneuver up.
I use it being /sch or /rdm with WHM puppet and assist PLD tanking or holding VWNMs or even in Legion.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-13 17:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I stand corrected then. Just never seen it happen myself.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-13 17:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not directly related to Dynamis, but something I've wondered- automatons can cure each other, correct? I swear I saw someone else's auto cure mine in a Crawler's Nest party long ago, unless I was just going crazy.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 17:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if they can, never seen it happen. Is a good question though. Someone should try it. My hypothesis is that they cant since pets from pet jobs are not a target in party list? Dunno really....
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-13 17:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they can't. If they have the ability to work together then it's only a matter of time before they go Terminator on our ***.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-13 18:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they can't. If they have the ability to work together then it's only a matter of time before they go Terminator on our ***.

funny story about this.. when i first started pup I was duo'ing with a buddy on her pup. we were both 18-ish and in gusgen mines on skeles. She had picked melee frame first, I picked rdm turban (this was obviously before the introduction of the other turbans anyways, but this is just for clarity's sake). Our puppets actually SC'd together, without us realizing and then mine MB'd that SC... ***was awesome to see lol, but no they cannot heal one another. You can't cast cure on your auto if you're /whm, so them being able to do that to one another, would be no different.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 18:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

funny story about this.. when i first started pup I was duo'ing with a buddy on her pup. we were both 18-ish and in gusgen mines on skeles. She had picked melee frame first, I picked rdm turban (this was obviously before the introduction of the other turbans anyways, but this is just for clarity's sake). Our puppets actually SC'd together, without us realizing and then mine MB'd that SC... ***was awesome to see lol, but no they cannot heal one another. You can't cast cure on your auto if you're /whm, so them being able to do that to one another, would be no different.

Is a shame. Would be awesome to see an alliance of puppets killing a NM. I bet they would work together better than some alliances of players.
By Lariae 2013-02-14 13:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So i had the bright idea of trying out PUP as a sub job on THF while farming for Cure V for my whm auto.. And i'm extremely surprised at the results.

The puppet, while being level 49, was consistently able to provoke/Flash monsters 20 levels higher than it. Which leads me to this question..

I could simply use this as a subjob on THF in order to proc WS procs with the added benefit of the puppet hasting, curing, stoneskinning, protecting, shelling and phalanxing me, as well as Dispelling enemies Far more than /DNC sub ever did.. Why don't people do this? Am I missing something?

Edit: And i forgot.. The incredibly 10x easier way of dealing with TEs by pulling and Deactivating/activating pet.. lol
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-02-14 13:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So i had the bright idea of trying out PUP as a sub job on THF while farming for Cure V for my whm auto.. And i'm extremely surprised at the results.

The puppet, while being level 49, was consistently able to provoke/Flash monsters 20 levels higher than it. Which leads me to this question..

I could simply use this as a subjob on THF in order to proc WS procs with the added benefit of the puppet hasting, curing, stoneskinning, protecting, shelling and phalanxing me. Far more than /DNC sub ever did.. Why don't people do this? Am I missing something?

I completely forgot that Animator wasn't PUP only... interesting..
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-14 13:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I could simply use this as a subjob on THF in order to proc WS procs with the added benefit of the puppet hasting, curing, stoneskinning, protecting, shelling and phalanxing me. Far more than /DNC sub ever did.. Why don't people do this? Am I missing something?

That's not a bad idea, though I would use Soulsoother for the status cures. You lose Cure V/VI, Protect and Shell V, and your auto has half the level (right?) so it's more vulnerable. You gain higher Treasure Hunter.

Odin.Eikechi said: »

That's a shame, must have been me going crazy after so many hours running in a circle around Crawler's Nest, lol. I tried to trigger it using my wife's Valoredge and my Soulsoother, but I could never get it to work with any combination of maneuvers. It's a shame, because if it could, Valoredge + SS or RDM auto would be an insane duo combination. As it is, Repair timer really can't compete with BST's Reward.
By Lariae 2013-02-14 13:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a bad idea, though I would use Soulsoother for the status cures. You lose Cure V/VI, Protect and Shell V, and your auto has half the level (right?) so it's more vulnerable. You gain higher Treasure Hunter.

Yeah, I don't have Soulsoother just yet, but i definately plan to use that one. Especially since it will avoid elemental spells and better use MP for the things I need it too. It wont deal damage or WS for me, but the DMG of my thief will MORE Than make up for that loss. Especially with permabuffs and status wipes/cures. It sits around 650 hp/mp in RDM frame right now, so i dont think with soulsoother itll be much less. So.. Usually a hit from a 75+ monster will put it in yellow or red, which it will cure IV and usually be full/close to full. Deus Ex Automata will become very useufl for when it evnetually does die though. Refresh with 2 tanks gives it 4/tick with 2 dark maneuvers out, which is plenty to keep me healed and buffed at least where i am at now. In Dynamis ill have another pup to help with that. But even if i were solo I feel like it would be a pretty good alternative to JA Farming.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-14 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't have Soulsoother just yet, but i definately plan to use that one. Especially since it will avoid elemental spells and better use MP for the things I need it too. It wont deal damage or WS for me, but the DMG of my thief will MORE Than make up for that loss. Especially with permabuffs and status wipes/cures. It sits around 650 hp/mp in RDM frame right now, so i dont think with soulsoother itll be much less. So.. Usually a hit from a 75+ monster will put it in yellow or red, which it will cure IV and usually be full/close to full. Deus Ex Automata will become very useufl for when it evnetually does die though. Refresh with 2 tanks gives it 4/tick with 2 dark maneuvers out, which is plenty to keep me healed and buffed at least where i am at now. In Dynamis ill have another pup to help with that. But even if i were solo I feel like it would be a pretty good alternative to JA Farming.

Having another PUP makes it very feasible, since his auto can cure you if you get low. Using SS, you can only equip one Mana Tank, so I use MTI + Mana Converter.

The higher TH would be nice, and you could really work it on WS mobs since there's little competition. Thief may outdo puppetmaster in kill speed on EP/DC mobs too (depending on gear), although I can't say for sure since I never play thief.
[+]
By Lariae 2013-02-14 13:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't messed with mana converter Attachment yet, but it seems like alot of people like it, so I may. Also seems like it would be a good choice in this instance since it would cause the auto to go yellow, then heal itself. RDM with sub was 8/tick with 2 dark maneuvars.. But i suppose in dynamis I'd run Fire/Light/Dark and not 2 dark and a light. Still thing its very workable. Once I unlock whm hat i'll have to let you guys know how it went. I'll do a solo run first, then go with my other char the second time and post results
By nyheen 2013-02-25 08:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

started doing dynamis with my pup/dnc (+using th1 waist) using Valoredge pet in Dynamis - Qufim works very well to me. just been zerging ep mobs with crazy ja spaming. pet shield bash, flash, provoke, /dnc stun, steps. picked qufim since it so much easy looking for TE & it a smaller place.

was my first time in qufim so was a bit slow getting used to the mobs pos etc and pick a bad time going in with way to many people so i only got like 150+ coins. did more running around finding good spots then killing.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-02-25 08:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't messed with mana converter Attachment yet, but it seems like alot of people like it, so I may. Also seems like it would be a good choice in this instance since it would cause the auto to go yellow, then heal itself. RDM with sub was 8/tick with 2 dark maneuvars.. But i suppose in dynamis I'd run Fire/Light/Dark and not 2 dark and a light. Still thing its very workable. Once I unlock whm hat i'll have to let you guys know how it went. I'll do a solo run first, then go with my other char the second time and post results

Fire/light/dark is perfect for the mage puppet strobe/flash/dispel if used mana converter means almost never should run out of mp without having to activate/deactivate spam using whm/rdm head. Pretty straight forward and easy mode in my book.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11