Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-29 17:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zigounette said: »
hi,

first time as pup in dyna for testing purpose, went to BUBU

Pulls on TE are easy ( depop aggro ) with deactive.

only downside is lack of scan so for TE 20 its a bit of a pain.

( because can pop both side )

Frame was WHM and went PUP/THF

But even with Bio , dia , slow , para , dispel etc PROC wasn't showing.

Tested both side ( easy + DC ), so not a success on that frame.

So decided to pop MELEE Frame, for WS window.

( i could with : Grotesque Cesti as H2H / for drain Samba, proc is 100% )

Val frame was tanking like a King ( double repair mods on ) so not even need of Oil , or used DRK manoeuvre for cannibal.

From that time Proc were flying, ( i even discover a bug, and pretty sure lots of PUP know what i am talking about ..... )

i can feel flame coming on lol,( ok theres a hint there lol ).

Anyway slower than BST from now, but was my 1st time.

will give it another few runs to see, the drop result.

But before all, more fun than a boring bst run

PUP <3

First of all why were you trying to proc magic procs first? Is not the best and fastest procs u can do on PUP.

Second, a bug?? What are you talking about?
If you talking about Flame Holder or Heat Capacitor, it is all working as intended.

Third, i am curious... how u were doing ws procs? di u had the ws proc attachemnts?
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-29 18:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, what is this bug you are talking about?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-03-02 11:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
Second, a bug?? What are you talking about?
If you talking about Flame Holder or Heat Capacitor, it is all working as intended.

Third, i am curious... how u were doing ws procs? di u had the ws proc attachemnts?

well flame is the hint .... wont say more, because as a bug its also an exploit if SE doesnt fix it.

Pretty sure they will anyway.

So, you're deliberately hiding what you think is a bug (and exploiting it) from SE. That reminds me of.. oh yes, salvage armor duplication bans. Learn from the past, and just say it. Chances are its exactly as Jonadriel said.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-03-02 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not an exploit, that's how we have been doing it the entire time lol. That was implemented that way on purpose.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-03-02 12:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

not hiding anything, go as pup and find by yourself.

The bug has been reported alrdy.

ja pet proc on WS window ( provoke , shield bash )

now you happy and can go exploit like all until the fix.

Did you even read any of this or the previous pup dyna thread? >.>
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-03-06 19:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I experimented on my pup today. I kind of goofed and forgot sneak and invis so i did flee+hide with thf sub lol. I also messed up at the roaming TE and depopped it and it moved, then i got agro from DC mobs. ><

I lost quite a bit of time. Just on TEs.

How do you guys pull safely? Do you use yourself, whm pup or blm pup nuke? I experimented with all. Still not sure which I liked the best.

Anyways, saying all this, my pup is not the best. It's pretty skilled, not enough for shijin yet (need like 15 more skillups><), and I haven't had the chance to get my h2h weapon from Nyzul for SP. However, I love pup and I leveled it to 75 outside abyssea a whiles ago but with leveling in abyssea so fast, skill ups did not happen even with food.

I will say this. I did proc the mobs every time and I survived so easily I held 3 mobs at one point. Killing the mobs however were slow. So I know for a fact that if people think they are going to bring their burned pups in here they are wrong.

It was nice that there was no competition for me but 69 singles after a run will make me think twice before I take my pup back into dyna and I would highly recommend that for others until you are pretty solid with your pup.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-06 19:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking time to gear something, cap skills, and learn the ropes of a job before dumping it into an event? In my FFXI? That's preposterous.
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-03-06 20:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.

However that's why full perle bsts are running around.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-06 20:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why everyone hates BST. You can't just roll up on a shittily geared anything else and let the pet do all the work.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-03-06 20:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed :-)
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2012-03-06 20:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like going pup w/o a sub job. Grant it i dont get the 200 i got with bst but its so much more peaceful. without TH i usually get bout 100 coins. To think if i had TH...lol, but im too lazy to sit in abyssea and try to get a stupid gold chest and i dont use a sub when i run but my thf isnt leveled anyway..oh well... I dont even know why i leveled bst for namis.. I will just continue to be a PUP..
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-03-06 23:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
That's why everyone hates pet jobs. You can't just roll up on a shittily geared anything else and let the pet do all the work.

I think BST/DRG/SMN/PUPs all need multiple gear sets. Not just full perle/aurore. I retired my bst since I knew I wouldn't have the item space for all that stuff, but I do have multiple sets for DRG SMN and PUP. (DRG is just Wyvern: HP+ stuff for pet set up, but w/e. >_>)
By Fupafighters 2012-03-06 23:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I give props to the bsts that i see that actually have proper sets lol. I like seeing a bst with a guttler and kraken club haha, means they actually care about their job.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-03-06 23:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I got to watch a few pearl bsts get crushed in the 95 lvl cap fight a while back. Made me glad I spent so much time gearing my own. Makes a difference.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-03-08 04:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a pup/dynamis thread, but since I brought up the pet set thing for all pet jobs, I have to admit... I really hate SMNs that have to use Favor just for the prep-. It gimps damage and the favor effect resets every time the avatar uses a blood pact so. Just get god damn prep- gear at the very least.

Back on subject, has anyone tried any of the zone bosses solo? lol
 Asura.Florian
Server: Asura
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2012-03-13 13:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little update been soloing dyna qufim for a couple weeks now, missing a day here and there but pup/thf using only sharpshot frame, which suprisinglingly can handle 3-4 mobs at a time just needs a repair every once in awhile, get TEs pretty easily and just procing WS's then letting sharpshot take em down with armor shatterer. Although i can run qufim smooth now, im still only pulling in a consistent 120 per run, is that still on the low side?
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-03-13 13:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Florian said: »
Just a little update been soloing dyna qufim for a couple weeks now, missing a day here and there but pup/thf using only sharpshot frame, which suprisinglingly can handle 3-4 mobs at a time just needs a repair every once in awhile, get TEs pretty easily and just procing WS's then letting sharpshot take em down with armor shatterer. Although i can run qufim smooth now, im still only pulling in a consistent 120 per run, is that still on the low side?

Yeah 120 seems pretty low. 160-90 is what you should be aiming for. Are you use the Automaton by itself primarily or are you using both the master and the puppet?
 Asura.Florian
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2012-03-13 14:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using both master an puppet, but only using puppet for procs since im /thf. But sometimes I will go on spurts of procing every mob in arow then spurts of not procing any for awhile, and yes im fighting the correct mobs at the correct times.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-03-13 14:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Florian said: »
I am using both master an puppet, but only using puppet for procs since im /thf. But sometimes I will go on spurts of procing every mob in arow then spurts of not procing any for awhile, and yes im fighting the correct mobs at the correct times.

Hmmm. It may just be a gear issue then. Having Verethragna REALLY helps with the kill speed. So that is the only problem you may be having. Slower kills is usually why your coin yield is so low. So just continue to gear up your pup and have appropriate sets for all your actions ^^
 Bahamut.Jefant
user: mbm1980
By Bahamut.Jefant 2012-03-14 19:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i pull in 150-200 most time i go use whm pup. ill pull 3-4 mobs at time and just spam spinning att to proc and the puppets flash and strobe. if the mob i am trying to proc gets to low hp about 50% most time i just leave the puppet on it and move to the next one to try proc wile the puppet procs the one with lower hp. this seems work nice for me and some times i ll proc 2-3 at time cuz the aoe ws don't happen much but its nice when it happens
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-14 19:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why everyone hates BST. You can't just roll up on a shittily geared anything else and let the pet do all the work.

I love pet jobs, I've prolly gotten about 50 free coins in the last 3 days from proc'd white mobs.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-03-16 11:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you guys pull the TE's? I have tried a lot and evey run I do I always get agro at least 2 of the TE's and I end up dying at least once every run.

Spam my deactivate macro after auto pulls with a debuff spell but sometimes its not enough lol.
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-03-21 15:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

pull the mobs far from the spawn area then deactivate, need to make sure its far enough that the normal mobs are out of their area and will depop, otherwise they will prolly reaggro the TE since the TE moves so slowwww. also can just let your auto die, thats what i do to make sure i make it far enough away from the spawn area, i still have trouble sometimes however.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-03-27 12:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If yout automaton dies the agro will disapear just like deactivate?
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-27 12:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said: »
If yout automaton dies the agro will disapear just like deactivate?

No. The only way that u can attack a target and do it hate free on PUP is if the name of the mob don't turn red. Once it turns red u gonna have hate on master too.
The attacks that count as hate free are range and magic nukes if you retrieve > deactivate the automaton once the attack has gone off. If the automaton hits it with melee dmg it will turn the name of the mob red.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-03-27 12:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am glad that they finally went and reduced the TH on them, I got tired of seeing all the poor geared BST who don't even bother with pet food.
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2012-03-30 14:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
I am glad that they finally went and reduced the TH on them, I got tired of seeing all the poor geared BST who don't even bother with pet food.

Hasn't really changed much, there are still lots of BST's in Dynamis.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11