First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-14 10:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
Is anyone else getting strange cure amounts from automaton while in dynamis? I had cure 5s ranging from 550-750. And cure 6's as low as 550 when i only had 250 hp remaining.

Are you using Vivi-valve? May have different numbers with each spell depending on the amount of light maneuvers you had up
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-14 10:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »
Are you using Vivi-valve? May have different numbers with each spell depending on the amount of light maneuvers you had up

No vivi valve. I use flashbulb, auto-repair kit 2, and damage gauge when in dyna. This was also in dynamis - qufim to be specific.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-14 10:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the cool down periods for both Flashbuld and Strobe? I am looking in to adjusting my Auto-exec to tell me when they are up and ready again :P
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-14 10:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the cool down periods for both Flashbuld and Strobe? I am looking in to adjusting my Auto-exec to tell me when they are up and ready again :P

I believe they're both 30 seconds. The auto often doesn't instantly use them when they're up though, due to casting priorities.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-02-15 02:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I'm understanding this correctly, you guys use flashbulb/strobe/disruptor to proc ws mobs? Any there any other JA attachments that WHM auto can activate?

Is anyone else getting strange cure amounts from automaton while in dynamis? I had cure 5s ranging from 550-750. And cure 6's as low as 550 when i only had 250 hp remaining.

It's probably the double dark weather proccing.
[+]
By macsdf1 2012-02-15 03:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You should sub dnc and use ranger robot.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-15 07:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »

Thought it's been proven that ranged attacks from the automaton wouldn't proc in dynamis...?

Sylph.Traxus said: »
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you guys use flashbulb/strobe/disruptor to proc ws mobs? Any there any other JA attachments that WHM auto can activate?

Sadly, no. Shield Bash from WAR frame can proc though (barrier module reduces recast timer to like ~30secs.) And Barrage on RNG can proc also, but RNG's DD power would murder EP mobs rather fast. Maybe even before you get the proc :x
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-15 07:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been reports of Heat Capacitor proccing as well. I'll be attempting to test that out tonight for a more definitive answer, so unless someone else has more input take that with a grain of salt.
By macsdf1 2012-02-15 08:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean use the robot so you can kill fast.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-15 08:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
I mean use the robot so you can kill fast.
You kill fast enough without sharpshot. Then again I notice most people here are using soulsoother while I usually go in with VE and just use role reversal to keep my own hp up.
 Odin.Laausuu
Server: Odin
user: Laausuu
By Odin.Laausuu 2012-02-15 08:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I tried this out today in Dynamis - Windurst. First assumption from this run is that I should probably stick to a Dream Zone so that there are more WS proc mobs in one area. My second issue is that I wasn't really sure what to set as attachments. After attaching Disruptor, Strobe, and Flashbulb I went from there with what attachments I would normally put on my WHM auto. The problem I ran into was that it was running out of MP very fast. Could someone who does this a lot/effectively tell me what attachments they use? Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-15 09:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Laausuu said: »
So I tried this out today in Dynamis - Windurst. First assumption from this run is that I should probably stick to a Dream Zone so that there are more WS proc mobs in one area. My second issue is that I wasn't really sure what to set as attachments. After attaching Disruptor, Strobe, and Flashbulb I went from there with what attachments I would normally put on my WHM auto. The problem I ran into was that it was running out of MP very fast. Could someone who does this a lot/effectively tell me what attachments they use? Thanks!

I honestly don't ever have problems with MP on my Whm frame. I equip both mana tanks and never have any issues. Are you using mana converter instead of mana tank?
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-02-15 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Also found out the hard way, if your pet one shots a TE, you don't get credit for the TE.
lol Yea, that glitch was quite annoying to hear when I first heard about it on BG. When it first came out I took to timing a good nuke with a well timed Ni nuke from /nin to get TEs. Worked well enough. At least until I realized "Doi Spath, you can just pet pull the little *** to a safe area." XP

I know this is off track, but I love doing this as a thf/dnc, when I Flourish. I did last night, pulled the T.E Idol to a safe place near trees in Valk, and was a nice clean pull too.

Excuse me.. Carry on..Sorry love to see how new jobs work in Dyna!!!
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-15 09:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Laausuu said: »

I honestly don't ever have problems with MP on my Whm frame. I equip both mana tanks and never have any issues. Are you using mana converter instead of mana tank?

I use Mana Converter instead of Mana Tank. :x

Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »
I know this is off track, but I love doing this as a thf/dnc, when I Flourish. I did last night, pulled the T.E Idol to a safe place near trees in Valk, and was a nice clean pull too.

Excuse me.. Carry on..Sorry love to see how new jobs work in Dyna!!!

Cool story?
 Odin.Laausuu
Server: Odin
user: Laausuu
By Odin.Laausuu 2012-02-15 09:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I set both Mana Tanks then I don't have enough element points left to set Disruptor for the WS proc chance. I had disruptor and Mana converter set. Would it be mroe beneficial to say screw it to Disruptor and put on both Mana tanks?
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-15 10:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally found that disruptor isn't really worth using outside of city zones (or beastmen), since ws mobs for the most part will not have buffs on them and just rely on my own personal ws's and strobe/flashbulb.

I proc a whole lot usually within the first 10 seconds of fighting mobs so I use the Rdm frame to aid in damage with nukes and such. But using this frame doesn't leave much to using the Automatons ws's/tp since it will be casting something 99% of the time.
 Fenrir.Tesahade
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Tesahade 2012-02-15 10:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been farming on Pup for months now and I use whm auto. Subless I have gotten 5 whites in all this time @.@ avg 180-200 currency (not counting the white 100s) but with /thf and my sash I get 200-220 :) just some info to share :D happy farming

P.S. dyna-Buru is where i go and its rocks Dhalmels aoe buff so get good use out of disruptor ^.-
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-15 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't even thought of this, must be it, thanks.

Quote:

Then you lose TH2. Byrth has mathed out that it's better to have /thf than to not sub anything while solo as well. Until we get some proof of automaton's RA proccing, there's no point to doing this.

Anyone have some good numbers on DC mobs? I tried them out but out of a whole run, i only got 4 forgotens. Bad luck or is their drop rate really not much better than the EPs?.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-15 11:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tesahade said: »
I've been farming on Pup for months now and I use whm auto. Subless I have gotten 5 whites in all this time @.@ avg 180-200 currency (not counting the white 100s) but with /thf and my sash I get 200-220 :) just some info to share :D happy farming

P.S. dyna-Buru is where i go and its rocks Dhalmels aoe buff so get good use out of disruptor ^.-

I never thought about doing Dhalmels :D thanks for the idea
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-02-15 12:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is off-topic, but since you guys are already discussing mp recovery attachments for the whm auto, is the economizer ever worth using? It's one of the 3 attachments I'm missing, but it's rarely on the AH and still rather expensive, wondering if I should bother trying to pick it up at all.
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2012-02-15 12:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't even thought of this, must be it, thanks.

Quote:

Then you lose TH2. Byrth has mathed out that it's better to have /thf than to not sub anything while solo as well. Until we get some proof of automaton's RA proccing, there's no point to doing this.

Anyone have some good numbers on DC mobs? I tried them out but out of a whole run, i only got 4 forgotens. Bad luck or is their drop rate really not much better than the EPs?.

I absolutely agree about /thf being better long term than going subless and hoping for a white !! to balance the lack of coins you'll be getting.

What's people's opinions about going in subless, but with TH1 from taru sash to give some TH while also hoping for whites?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-15 14:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is off-topic, but since you guys are already discussing mp recovery attachments for the whm auto, is the economizer ever worth using? It's one of the 3 attachments I'm missing, but it's rarely on the AH and still rather expensive, wondering if I should bother trying to pick it up at all.

I'm missing that and Tranquilizer, but I've always been fine without them. >_>
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-18 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using pup/dnc (for self cures, not JA proc mobs) w/ TH sash and either VE or SS frame? I'm curious if the increase in proc rate (and maybe kill speed?) would offset going from TH3 -> TH 1.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-19 11:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using pup/dnc (for self cures, not JA proc mobs) w/ TH sash and either VE or SS frame? I'm curious if the increase in proc rate (and maybe kill speed?) would offset going from TH3 -> TH 1.

I didn't go /dnc for self cures (Since I have a whm mule for that) but I have tried out both Valoredge as well as SS, and for me personally, if you focus on EP mobs, Valoredge is the way to go. But for DC, SS really shines. Never really want to use SS on EP because it will just rock their ***, and cause you to leave with less proc'd mobs.

I personally wouldn't go without at least TH2 so I think going /dnc would hurt you more than making up for it with more procs.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-02-22 01:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys know any good WS proc camps in glacier, bubumiru (on beastmen), or xarcabard? I need a few AFs from those zones.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-22 09:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys know any good WS proc camps in glacier, bubumiru (on beastmen), or xarcabard? I need a few AFs from those zones.

In Glacier, the orc camp before the lake as you approach Fei'yin is a good place to locate ws mobs, I like the DC goblins near the DC crabs at the eastern beach in Bubu, and a large abundance of ws proc mobs are near the first Orc TE in Xarcabard.

Those are the camps that I find the best personally.
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2012-02-25 14:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing this a while myself. Using Sharpshot for TE sniping and VE for proc/tanking. I prefer the VE much more because yes, it is slower killing, but that means more chances to proc. So far my prefered zone/camp is Buburimu near the beach to the west of the zone entrance. Alternating of Mandies, Crabs, and Crawlers(these use cocoon so you can get disrupter use).
 Asura.Florian
Server: Asura
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2012-02-29 10:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Im hoping for some tips on increasing my currency efficency. I'm currently averaging 100 currency per run after about 7 runs with pup/dnc with sharpshot procing WS's. Only subbing /dnc for emergency heal/invis jig. My biggest concern is if I go pup/thf with whm auto I lose sneak/invis and go through most of a stack in one 1 run oils and powders are costing 20-30k a stack...Is the cost of sneak/invis items worth it /thf or should i be keeping a different sub and using taru sash TH1? (which im currently farming).

btw loving all the pup dyna threads and love getting the most outta my pup, just trying to maximize my drop rate :)
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-29 10:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Florian said: »
Im hoping for some tips on increasing my currency efficency. I'm currently averaging 100 currency per run after about 7 runs with pup/dnc with sharpshot procing WS's. Only subbing /dnc for emergency heal/invis jig. My biggest concern is if I go pup/thf with whm auto I lose sneak/invis and go through most of a stack in one 1 run oils and powders are costing 20-30k a stack...Is the cost of sneak/invis items worth it /thf or should i be keeping a different sub and using taru sash TH1? (which im currently farming).

btw loving all the pup dyna threads and love getting the most outta my pup, just trying to maximize my drop rate :)

I highly suggest that you go /thf and if you are having problems with oil/powders, you need to change where your camps are. Try to position your camps to where you can run between them without sneak and invis for the most part.

Whenever I feel lazy and don't want to bring my whm mule, I continue as /thf and use the whm frame. In Valkurm I use about 6 oils/powders, and in Bubu I avg about 7 oils/powders. It is definitely worth it to buy them because with the extra currency you'll get, it will definitely outweigh the money you spent buying them.

On average I get like 170ish currency but have topped upwards of 210 solo.

So all in all, make sure you remain /thf and use the whm frame (Or even the Rdm frame if you're doing EP mobs). I usually always target the DC because they live longer and have a higher chance to proc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11