Pup in Dynamis v.2
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Shiva.Aunshi
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Aunshi
By Shiva.Aunshi 2013-03-02 03:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is Mana Converter being suggested and not Economizer?

I use Econ/Tank in dynamis and don't seem to have any mp issues. Am I missing something about the Converter?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-02 03:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Automaton MP isn't a huge issue in Dynamis so any refresh attachment combination will work pretty well. The more important one are obviously the main proc attachments.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-02 10:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ppl suggest Mana converter over Economizer because is more accessible since it is only around 10k and aconomizer goes for 2M+. I personally prefer Economizer, but mana converter do the job for dyna if don't have economizer.
[+]
 Shiva.Aunshi
Server: Shiva
user: Aunshi
By Shiva.Aunshi 2013-03-02 14:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
I think ppl suggest Mana converter over Economizer because is more accessible since it is only around 10k and aconomizer goes for 2M+. I personally prefer Economizer, but mana converter do the job for dyna if don't have economizer.

That's fair enough. Thought I was missing out on something. I prefer Economizer too, useful for DAD.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-02 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mana Converter is much more efficient than Economizer, even when you take into account the Cure V that the auto will use on itself after converting. Economizer restores 15% per dark maneuver... but you only ride one dark maneuver in Dynamis most of the time. Converter will put 50% of HP to MP, which is going to be quite a bit from full health. They both have the same recast time.

What's the best way to swap to TH sash for Dynamis farming?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-02 15:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it set to equip during Spinning Attack and also keep a separate equip macro for it.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-04 16:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Mana Converter is much more efficient than Economizer, even when you take into account the Cure V that the auto will use on itself after converting. Economizer restores 15% per dark maneuver... but you only ride one dark maneuver in Dynamis most of the time. Converter will put 50% of HP to MP, which is going to be quite a bit from full health. They both have the same recast time.

What's the best way to swap to TH sash for Dynamis farming?

Well, even though in paper mana converter sound better than Economizer there are some stuff to be consider. For example, to equip mana converter, u will need 2 dark capacity, wich means u will have to equip only the mana tank I, wich only gives around 4%+ mp (around 40mp) and 2 mp/tic refresh with one dark maneuver in soulsouther head. With Economizer, it requires only one dark capacity, so I can equip Mana tank II, wich gives 8%+mp (around 100mp) and 5 mp/tic refresh with one dark maneuver in soulsouther head. Also, I have noticed that the requirements for Mana converter to use is to have mp at around 35% to trigger it vs. economizer, wich to trigger it u only need to have ur mp at around 50% and don't have to worry about ur pet's hp. Also, economizer will trigger no matter the hp of your pet wile mana converter won't trigger if the pet have his hp lower than 50%. U can use an oil to heal pet in these situations, yea, I just don't like wasting gil spending oils if there is a better and safer way to avoid it.
If doing EP mobs, mp is not an issue so, whatever works best for you is ok. I do DC mobs and usually tank on master 2-3 at a time and making sure puppet have enough mp to heal me at all times is a god sent relieve.
[+]
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-12 17:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mus be having a bad time with this, not sure if it is kill speed or what but I am only pulling in about 75-90 coins. Not having mass death, finding TEs quickly enough, decently geared, doing WS EP mobs Mandy>Crawler>Scorp on the beach either PUP/DNC or PUP/THF. Procing about 65% of time or so. Ive only done a few runs so not sure if bad luck or what. Only things really lacking are my WS set for damage and my auto's melee skill is a bit underlved.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-13 12:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Silvra said: »
I mus be having a bad time with this, not sure if it is kill speed or what but I am only pulling in about 75-90 coins. Not having mass death, finding TEs quickly enough, decently geared, doing WS EP mobs Mandy>Crawler>Scorp on the beach either PUP/DNC or PUP/THF. Procing about 65% of time or so. Ive only done a few runs so not sure if bad luck or what. Only things really lacking are my WS set for damage and my auto's melee skill is a bit underlved.

First, you should always farm PUP/THF. Second, do you have Treasure Hunter sash? The TH3 that you can get with that and /THF is very nice, and provides a slight edge over other Dynamis farming jobs that aren't THF main.

My PUP isn't super-geared, because I don't have much time to play. I'm still rocking mostly Abyssea gear, no empy or mythic, but last night's run I netted 182 currency and some forgottens from Dynamis-Qufim, which is good but a bit below my highest. Others in this thread with better gear get much more than me.

Efficiency is the name of the game. You really have to work to get the most currency; you need to pull multiple mobs, use Spinning Fist, once one is proc'ced, put your auto on the next, etc. Just make sure you get solid hate on any mob that you put your auto on.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-13 13:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill speed is pretty key if ur slow at killing ur coins will be lower think opportunity of coins vs mobs killed in a 2hr session. I would really work on a decent WS set for sure a decent stringing pummel should destroy a mob and really need to get auto's melee skill up every bit helps...
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-13 13:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

First, you should always farm PUP/THF. Second, do you have Treasure Hunter sash? The TH3 that you can get with that and /THF is very nice, and provides a slight edge over other Dynamis farming jobs that aren't THF main.

My PUP isn't super-geared, because I don't have much time to play. I'm still rocking mostly Abyssea gear, no empy or mythic, but last night's run I netted 182 currency and some forgottens from Dynamis-Qufim, which is good but a bit below my highest. Others in this thread with better gear get much more than me.

Efficiency is the name of the game. You really have to work to get the most currency; you need to pull multiple mobs, use Spinning Fist, once one is proc'ced, put your auto on the next, etc. Just make sure you get solid hate on any mob that you put your auto on.

This is the key to farming Dyna with PUP. I used to go PUP on the weekends when competing for JA mobs was just not an option. Start slow. Pull 2-3 mobs to begin with and go from there. Don't hold a mob forever. If it won't proc, destroy it. Remember! You probably have all the mobs to yourself anyway, lol.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-13 13:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for the fact that if you use converter you can't Deactivate reactivate as efficiently. Sometimes economizer hits me up with just enough mp for 1 more big heal, and if i got a lot of links, I need another, and quickly. Converter would eliminate that as a possibility, though Deus is on a short timer, still my point stands.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-13 20:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Except for the fact that if you use converter you can't Deactivate reactivate as efficiently. Sometimes economizer hits me up with just enough mp for 1 more big heal, and if i got a lot of links, I need another, and quickly. Converter would eliminate that as a possibility, though Deus is on a short timer, still my point stands.

Mana tank II + Economizer
Recast:3 mins
refresh: MP+5/tic
recovers around 15%mp with one dark maneuver, (around 200mp instant)
MP+8.4% (around 100+)
will trigger at around 50% mp or less
Won't take hp from puppet
Will trigger no matter puppet's hp
cost:2,5M

Mana Tank I + Mana Converter
Recast: 3 mins
Refresh: mp+2/tic
Recovers around 40%mp with one dark maneuver (around 450mp overtime, is not instant)
mp+4.2% (around 42+)
Will trigger at around 35% mp or less
Will take the same amount of mp recovered from the hp.
Will not trigger if the puppet's hp is less than the amount it will recover
cost:10k

Here are the facts. Saying wich combination is better than the other is of each individual to test and find what works better for him. After all, not everyone play PUP the same way. PUP is, considered by most, the most complex and versatile job of ffxi. Saying that this combination is better than the other is just plain dumb and arrogant.
By nyheen 2013-03-13 20:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

after farming in Qufim for while. i find just going /dnc (th1) with tank pet going well to me. most time hit 170-200 coins on mostly ws mob but when i see no one on ja i do it like this. example 16:00-0:00 WS, weapons or snoll mobs, 0:00-8:00ja same mobs, so i dont have to move around to much. but when it over camped i just stay on WS mobs only

/thf is ok but burning sneak/inv items going to suck while farming TE/ moving camp, getting around almost 170-200 with /thf. almost as my /dnc. i guess i had more bad luck on proc
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-13 20:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
after farming in Qufim for while. i find just going /dnc (th1) with tank pet going well to me. most time hit 170-200 coins on mostly ws mob but when i see no one on ja i do it like this. example 16:00-0:00 WS, weapons or snoll mobs, 0:00-8:00ja same mobs, so i dont have to move around to much. but when it over camped i just stay on WS mobs only

/thf is ok but burning sneak/inv items going to suck while farming TE/ moving camp, getting around almost 170-200 with /thf. almost as my /dnc. i guess i had more bad luck on proc

Let's go together sometime! I want to see ur tactics and I want to show you mine! Maybe we can learn from each other's strategies. ^^ Three days ago I hit my record, 289 currency in dyna quifim PUP/THF
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-13 20:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Half a stack of invis powders and ~9 sneak pots is worth the trade off for TH3.
[+]
By nyheen 2013-03-13 21:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's go together sometime! I want to see ur tactics and I want to show you mine! Maybe we can learn from each other's strategies. ^^ Three days ago I hit my record, 289 currency in dyna quifim PUP/THF

>.> what & how in the world you even hit over 289+? must be procing every mob or something. or i must be fighting the wrong mobs. if i do WS only mobs. most time it tiger>> gaylas>> snoll or weapons. mostly spam pet ja and weak ws ( use Inhibitor) till it proc. if i happen to proc at start with tp i skillchain Stringing Pummel>>String Shredder dark = death. etc sometime i even pull ja mobs while my pet doing ws mobs. but seems like my tactic sucks.><

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Half a stack of invis powders and ~9 sneak pots is worth the trade off for TH3.
guess that true. just seems my th3 is broke.lol
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-13 21:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> what & how in the world you even hit over 289+? must be procing every mob or something. or i must be fighting the wrong mobs. if i do WS only mobs. most time it tiger>> gaylas>> snoll or weapons. mostly spam pet ja and weak ws ( use Inhibitor) till it proc. if i happen to proc at start with tp i skillchain Stringing Pummel>>String Shredder dark = death. etc sometime i even pull ja mobs while my pet doing ws mobs. but seems like my tactic sucks.><

well, I do bats > diremites > trio bats. All DC, one next to each other. I proc pretty much 90% of them and fight 2-3 at a time. I tell ya, we could go together one or two times so we can learn from each other. You just ignore me. :'(
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-13 21:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Most of the time the auto will follow up its Convert with a Cure IV/V immediately. Anyway, with Converter I very rarely deactivate/activate. It's not totally desirable since you need to eat 10 seconds and delay attack rounds getting your maneuvers back up. Obviously each of us does PUP a little differently, though, so if Economizer works for you I can't say you're wrong.

I usually stay between 30-60% MP, btw. Running between camps, I put up 3xDark, or if I have only one mob engaged that's already proc'ced, I'll put up 2xDark.
By nyheen 2013-03-13 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well, I do bats > diremites > trio bats. All DC, one next to each other. I proc pretty much 90% of them and fight 2-3 at a time. I tell ya, we could go together one or two times so we can learn from each other. You just ignore me. :'(

sorry i dont ignore you man, i just be busy most time and i guess the DC mobs + th3 help lot. been spaming on easy the whole time. gonna need change up on my mobs later on. thx for the tip that helps lot,
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-13 21:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't go that far as to say it's arrogant, but to each their own lol. I sacrifice some JA delay to double C6 myself if I get a lot of links, or if I just plain want to beast through a whole group of mobs.
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-14 10:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got Vere85 and access to SP and SS(need to finish 5/5/) but yeh def need to work on my WS sets. It is a hard toss up between PUP/THF and PUP/DNC (w/o sash). On one hand I have noticed that basically no stagger = no drop most of the time /THF or no. /DNC is easier to stagger and move about for TEs, but JA competition can get annoying. PUP/THF pulls in more coins no doubt, but sneak/invis is a bit more hasssle and just relying on WS triggers seems best over magic for example. (I really wish Depoly would JA trigger) And then there is the PUP/DNC with VE or PUP/THF with WHM/RDM auto. I think for now I may switch to PUP/THF/RDM to help the killspeed until I get a TH sash or my auto melee skill comes up a bit.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-14 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Silent Oils and Prism Powders are cheaper when compared to jug pets and pet food that BST needs. I'm just sayin'... I spend about 30k/run on meds/food. That's less than 3% overhead on profit, not bad at all.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-14 14:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a hard time with some ppl saying I was lieing about the amount I get per dyna solo, so, just to avoid any probs here is a pic of my parser of today. Don't usually try to prove ppl stuff I do, but meh, he just got to me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-14 14:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty badass. I should give DC camps a shot next time I go.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-03-14 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

gdi every time I see this PUP thread I get the urge to reinstall XI. :<
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-14 17:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DO IT!!!
By nyheen 2013-03-14 19:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a hard time with some ppl saying I was lieing about the amount I get per dyna solo, so, just to avoid any probs here is a pic of my parser of today. Don't usually try to prove ppl stuff I do, but meh, he just got to me.

it possible to hit that high in coins because after trying your way it work very well. got about 220+. i was bit delay and had to afk half of the time. the way i try before it was zerg the hell out of easy & proc but half the time they die to fast and i have to hold back way to much on them>< + i was /dnc that time. but ill say my way was mostly for someone starting out in dyn Q for the first time. once get used to it, if you geared up move to DC mobs.

bats there link like crazy at the start sometimes so to be safe i just pull out the deus pet for pulls. then pull out the activate pet.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-14 19:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

it possible to hit that high in coins because after trying your way it work very well. got about 220+. i was bit delay and had to afk half of the time. the way i try before it was zerg the hell out of easy & proc but half the time they die to fast and i have to hold back way to much on them>< + i was /dnc that time. but ill say my way was mostly for someone starting out in dyn Q for the first time. once get used to it, if you geared up move to DC mobs.

bats there link like crazy at the start sometimes so to be safe i just pull out the deus pet for pulls. then pull out the activate pet.

Yea, I pull like that too when they too close to each other. But I can handle 3 links with hardly any probs.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11