Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)
Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-14 14:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, any reason why we're posting this information three times (here, op in this same thread, and a brand new thread) if you already made a whole separate thread for all of this?
I understand maybe making a compilation of information which you could update in the op, but to put it in 3 different places seems a tad redundant.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-10-14 14:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
New BST update today:

10-14-2011 02:48 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Thank you all for your suggestions, and often heated debate. I'm glad I get to be the one to post up our results after all the hard work Camate did leading up to it.

Based on numerous discussions, we have decided to implement the following pets along with the new level cap of 99.

Pets that we have been planning all along
Adamantoise

*The smaller type from Abyssea. Don't worry, they won't cause the ground to rumble non-stop!

Apkallu

And... based on your feedback!
Hippogryph

We will continue to reference your feedback when we consider adding more pets in the future. We hope you're all looking forward to the next round of pet additions once the cap is raised!

O.O Wow
 Carbuncle.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Carbuncle.Valmur 2011-10-14 14:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I see...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 15:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Quick question, any reason why we're posting this information three times (here, op in this same thread, and a brand new thread) if you already made a while separate thread for all of this?
I understand maybe making a compilation of information which you could update in the op, but to put it in 3 different places seems a tad redundant.
It takes 2 sec for me to do.

The whole idea was for there to be "two" threads. The main one, this, to talk about all the updates for all jobs. Then the topic of the specific update for people to talk about just that.

It may or may not work out, it was just an idea I had when the first wave was coming out.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-14 15:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, any reason why we're posting this information three times (here, op in this same thread, and a brand new thread) if you already made a while separate thread for all of this?

The whole idea was for there to be "two" threads. The main one, this, to talk about all the updates for all jobs. Then the topic of the specific update for people to talk about just that.

It may or may not work out, it was just an idea I had when the first wave was coming out.
Except now every time they update something the information is repeated on these forums 3 times now, twice in the same place (this thread), and it just seems unnecessary. Especially seeing as how if there's multiple adjustments a day you're making a new thread every day already as it is.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 15:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Except now every time they update something the information is repeated on these forums 3 times now, twice in the same place (this thread), and it just seems unnecessary. Especially seeing as how if there's multiple adjustments a day you're making a new thread every day already as it is.
I don't see a problem with it, it's not like there are 10 updates a day. It is spread out over weeks, and when they do release the information it is only 3 jobs at a time usually.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-10-14 15:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested to see how much damage output "Gates of Hades" will have. Possibly a nice addition to burning ^_^. But with added Burn effect, would suck to sleep in case you don't 1-shot the mobs.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 15:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Interested to see how much damage output "Gates of Hades" will have. Possibly a nice addition to burning ^_^. But with added Burn effect, would suck to sleep in case you don't 1-shot the mobs.
I think that is the main reason they are adding it, because of the burn preventing sleeping the monster.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-05 18:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said: »
Siren.Mcclane said: »
Bahamut.Zellc said: »
would like elemental celerity I under dark arts :/

Why do SCHs think they need to take everything from BLMs and/or WHMs? Can't certain jobs just have unique traits and spells?

funny you say that, only unique spells left on sch are helix and on a previous post it was said to be getting lowered on this update. People need to stop thinking they are unique snow flakes, the only thing that matters is balance.

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Bahamut.Zellc said: »
would like elemental celerity I under dark arts :/
Isn't that like unnecessary? lol

While it is not needed i think an overall arts bonus of even 2-5%(mainly spell cast/recast) i think would be stellar. We are a fairly slow casting job if you count the JA animation into the fritz.

Fine then just delete sch and give blm and rdm helixes... I mean really dude... why play a job if it's not unique to other jobs then just put only 1 type of dd 1 type of healer and 1 type of tank in this game. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING... Official Forums that way -------------->

also... sch was always a mash up of whm and blm without actually being either. helix is what makes them unique. No one is talking about what you get on sj as a result of. If that was the case then rdm was screwed out of that too. Whm didn't get afflatus's taken over to other obs, you wanna give afflatus to any mage job? Sch also has a bad *** 2 hour now too. But ooh you don't care about that... no.......
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-05 19:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the official forums were the other way :( <--------------------
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2011-11-05 19:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Turtles are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome.
with all the pdt gear we have for pets, and harden shell as a tp move, there gonna be a brick house. I just hope they will hit harder than dipper.