Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 14:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

10-05-2011 02:33 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We are planning to update the test server extremely soon and we will be releasing the exact schedule in the information section. Below are the planned adjustments for thief:

• Making it so an increase in the effect of Treasure Hunter is possible when using a close range physical weapon skill (*1)

• When using a weapon skill by itself, the rate of increase will be the same as a normal close range attack

• When combining a weapon skill with Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, the rate of increase will be the same as using Sneak Attack/Trick Attack.

(I am sure the next comment is going to make you say “WE KNOW! GEEZ!” but one last time…)
As stated previously, with the current system we are unable to display Treasure Hunter effect increase in the log when using weapon skills.

If we were to try and make it so it is displayed in the log, the work load would be roughly equivalent to the amount of work needed to adjust multiple jobs, so because of this we are not planning to make adjustments to this. Likewise, we do not have any plans of adding the effect increase animation for the same reason. We apologize.

*1 If it is a multi-hit weapon skill, the increase will occur on only the first hit.

I will be adding this, along with other job updates for October, to the compilation of job adjustments for October topic.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Etoilemourante 2011-10-05 14:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Finaly !!
 Valefor.Lieniite
Server: Valefor
user: Lieniite
By Valefor.Lieniite 2011-10-05 14:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt anything over TH2~3 just a TH sugar pill or so miniscule that its not really worth the effort?
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-05 15:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to make it a 100% TH increase if you successfully land a SATA Viperbite. Of course, only possible if the mob doesnt turn and the tank doesnt move. :)
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-05 15:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lieniite said: »
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt anything over TH2~3 just a TH sugar pill or so miniscule that its not really worth the effort?

Do you tell children theres no Santa?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-05 15:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And nothing of value was gained.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-05 15:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
And nothing of value was gained.

Yup.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-05 15:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just drop a Savory Shank in everyone's inbox. This is the only way SE can make amends for the travesty that is known as THF.
 Valefor.Lieniite
Server: Valefor
user: Lieniite
By Valefor.Lieniite 2011-10-05 15:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My husband is by no means the greatest thf ever but even he had to /facepalm when told by a thf in full af3+1 with thf knife that his O-hat and Alicade's harness were "noob" and he should be full timing the af3+1 then +2 when he could get them....

Can't recall full gear but was o-hat, harness boxer's mantle and eva kila (basic eva set up)