Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)
Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2011-10-05 17:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe i assume too much but even though its under SCH updates (arts being sch JA's) no where does it say the buffs for light arts are for SCH main only. Perhaps /sch with light arts get these boosts as well.

Sorta like the SAM "Buffs" from the past where they gave sam more but it was really just to make it a better sub job option.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 17:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure these are 95+ updates, although it would be nice to have lightarts/darkarts work like that /sch.
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 17:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR, MNK, DRG, SAM, WHM, BLM, RNG, COR, THF, BRD, BST, and BLU are all virtually perfect. You can argue that they're not all as great as WAR at straight DDing, but they're all supposed to fill different slightly different functions, and they all do it in an extremely acceptable way.

RDM is fantastic as far as job design goes, but the way they're designing new mobs renders them relatively useless outside of elemental DD/refreshing.

DRK is extremely powerful in both low and high pDIF situations, and lack horribly in crit-oriented ones, but they're overall a very respectable DD.

DNC and SCH are really the only jobs that need dramatic overhauls, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-10-05 17:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i hardly think that would be taking anything away from blm. even though its somewhat worthless, drk blm and sch share different levels of occult accumen. that not taking anything away from drk who get the highest level of that job trait.

while we are on the subject of occult, shouldnt blu get it also? or be able to equip combo spells to receive the effect? i think they would be one of the main jobs that benefits from the trait.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 17:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
war is supposed to be the highest dmg output after all /shrug but I wouldn't say those jobs are perfect. unless you meant with a 99/49 balance they can be

but honestly dancer and scholar changed the game for subjobs completely, that's good enough. Making them perfect main jobs as well would be hard with their qualities

WAR is highly versatile, SAM is beastly in general while specializing in SCing and the ability to deal damage without meleeing, DRG deals damage with no enmity limitations, RNG is very respectable while being able to stay entirely out of danger, COR offers excellent utility while being able to deal respectable and safe damage, THF is and always will be TH, BST is now godly in regard to pet-only activity, BLU is extremely versatile and respectably powerful in most of its aspects. I don't think I need to explain why BLM, WHM, and BRD don't need help.
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
user: Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2011-10-05 17:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats wrong with dnc main? >_> Super Solo. Good Support role. Respectable DD. Just need a crap ton of gear to fill all these roles.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-05 17:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Light Arts will give a bonus to the effect and effect duration of Regen
Dark Arts will give a bonus to the effect and effect duration of Helix spells
Tabula Rasa will give a bonus to Regen and Helix spells’ effect and effect duration
While under the effects of Tabula Rasa, there will be no recast times for Light Arts and Dark Arts
The levels at which you learn Regen III/IV will be adjusted
The levels at which Helix spells are learned, as well as their MP cost will be adjusted
The recast time for Modus Veritas will be adjusted
The effect duration of Klimaform will be adjusted

That about sums it up.
[+]
By Koroma 2011-10-05 18:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@pooman i first thought that was because sch isnt getting cure 5 but then why isnt rdm getting more love? im not sure.

SE is confusing sometimes theres a pic on allah of a blu doing a 2.3k whitewind lol. does anyone understand SE?

EDIT
Quote:
WAR, MNK, DRG, SAM, WHM, BLM, RNG, COR, THF, BRD, BST, and BLU are all virtually perfect.

I take issue with bst, sure its more pt friendly then ever before but you can't take away a jobs main ability se's very deffiniton of bst and call it perfect.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-05 18:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Koroma said: »
SE is confusing sometimes theres a pic on allah of a blu doing a 2.3k whitewind lol. does anyone understand SE?

A 2.3k white wind would require 5000~8050 max HP depending on cure potency. Someone was brewed.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 18:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

@pooman i first thought that was because sch isnt getting cure 5 but then why isnt rdm getting more love? im not sure.

EDIT
Quote:
WAR, MNK, DRG, SAM, WHM, BLM, RNG, COR, THF, BRD, BST, and BLU are all virtually perfect.

I take issue with bst, sure its more pt friendly then ever before but you can't take away a jobs main ability se's very deffiniton of bst and call it perfect.

At some point the playerbase needs to take a step back and realize how unrealistic the original design for the BST job is in end-game situations. I think there's plenty of room for Charm to make a comeback for lesser things, but throwing charmed pets at HNM is never going to be practical. SE did an excellent job to remedy the problem in dramatically increasing the utility of summoned pets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-05 18:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely I'm not the only BST relieved to not be charming anymore? ***was lame, and I died every once in a while. Spending 800g on a sheep, and going AFK, is perfect.
By Koroma 2011-10-05 18:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A 2.3k white wind would require 5000~8050 max HP depending on cure potency. Someone was brewed.

Nope galka blu/mnk with hp food/gear/atma(not even the best hp atmas) had 7.3k hp

heres a link to the post and pic for the whole poidh rule

about 3/4th down the page

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/mdterrax/ffxi_20111003_105340.png
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-05 18:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Willing to admit I'm wrong then. It's not really worth it though.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-05 20:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

my personal pipe dream = complete re-design of dnc and sch because their current paths are a bit off the mile marker from what they initially set off as, and partially because of this neither job is wanted for much in a party setup.
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-05 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH improvements look useful.
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-06 05:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as upgrading SCH goes, yes it is not as useful in the general party situation. i.e. shouts are for WHM instead of Healing Magic more often than not. But other jobs, such as RDM, have very little need in parties either. Ok, so RDM/SCH can do some nice -ga type spells, but when I buff a party, I get refresh (subjective only when party members are MP based jobs), Pro/Shell V are only useful when no WHM in party, stoneskin only with /SCH, En-spells are not useful in real situations unless again /SCH, Phalanx II is decent, capped at 30 dmg (against NMs tho, the 30 isnt much difference), temper/gain-spells are useful only when solo, haste is one of the few good buffs we get, we only get -gen II which sucks, our bar-spells are self only unless /WHM, and the rest of our buffs are us only. we dont get reraise unless /WHM or /SCH, only get Cure IV, and T4 spells. Our melee sucks compaired to all but maybe 2 jobs in the game, PUP out DDs us as well as WHM. RDM do not get staff skill without a /Mage. and then only as much as a NIN/WAR... we lack a lot and have few strengths other than refresh, haste, and enfeebling.
Yes we are good with Enfeebles, but a lot of NMs resist most of our enfeebles and now WHM gets addle now. all but our merit enfeebles are obtainable by other jobs anyway.
So really other than Voidwatch Procs, what is the use of a RDM in an endgame situation?
-Gogo long haste/refresh-
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-06 06:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

it's good that they are working on sch, but dnc and rdm needs good stuff too, they need to work on the pvp system as well, fixed/very limited pvp is really bad on this game (ballista),only allows you to do it certain times at fixed level caps, they should do it free roaming with a hostile button to attack only hostile flaged players or something like that
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-06 07:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
it's good that they are working on sch, but dnc and rdm needs good stuff too, they need to work on the pvp system as well, fixed/very limited pvp is really bad on this game (ballista),only allows you to do it certain times at fixed level caps, they should do it free roaming with a hostile button to attack only hostile flaged players or something like that
you'd regret that
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-06 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

:0 r u trying to start something fun?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-06 10:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
my personal pipe dream = complete re-design of dnc and sch because their current paths are a bit off the mile marker from what they initially set off as, and partially because of this neither job is wanted for much in a party setup.

if they'd only take my advice
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-06 10:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE may just pigeonhole DNC as the best Dynamis farming melee and leave it at that.

Somewhat ironic, considering the job can't wear a relic.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-06 11:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

something new about thf TH on the JP forums, having a friend tell me what it's about.

google translate failed more than usual on this >.>

If its anything interesting I'll post about it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-06 11:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing too interesting, but I'll post it. Just wont include it into the October updates.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

New BLU update today:

10-14-2011 02:34 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Hey blues! Got some tidbits for you about upcoming spells that we're currently looking into adding while under the effects of Unbridled Learning:

• Absolute Terror

• Gates of Hades

• Pyric Bulwark

We'd consider the Pixie special abilities Spring Breeze, Summer Breeze, Autumn Breeze, and Winter Breeze, but they are too powerful, so they are pretty unlikely to be implemented.

We don't have any plans to allow spell Learning in areas that are related to missions and quests that players cannot repeat, so I’m sorry to say that Light Blade will not be added.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-14 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-14 14:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
New BLU update today:

[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Hey blues! Got some tidbits for you about upcoming spells that we're currently looking into adding while under the effects of Unbridled Learning:

• Absolute Terror

• Gates of Hades

• Pyric Bulwark

We'd consider the Pixie special abilities Spring Breeze, Summer Breeze, Autumn Breeze, and Winter Breeze, but they are too powerful, so they are pretty unlikely to be implemented.

We don't have any plans to allow spell Learning in areas that are related to missions and quests that players cannot repeat, so I’m sorry to say that Light Blade will not be added.

Interesting. I'd be surprised if these three were at full strength. INB4 terror barely lands. :x
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-14 14:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
New BLU update today:

[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

• Absolute Terror

• Gates of Hades

• Pyric Bulwark

Interesting. I'd be surprised if these three were at full strength. INB4 terror barely lands. And has a 300 mp cost. And has an 8 second cast time. And lasts 2 seconds :x
ftfy
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New BST update today:

10-14-2011 02:48 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Thank you all for your suggestions, and often heated debate. I'm glad I get to be the one to post up our results after all the hard work Camate did leading up to it.

Based on numerous discussions, we have decided to implement the following pets along with the new level cap of 99.

Pets that we have been planning all along
Adamantoise

*The smaller type from Abyssea. Don't worry, they won't cause the ground to rumble non-stop!

Apkallu

And... based on your feedback!
Hippogryph

We will continue to reference your feedback when we consider adding more pets in the future. We hope you're all looking forward to the next round of pet additions once the cap is raised!
[+]