Blue Mage - New Spells (Unbridled Learning)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue Mage - New Spells (Unbridled Learning)
Blue Mage - New Spells (Unbridled Learning)
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

10-14-2011 02:34 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Hey blues! Got some tidbits for you about upcoming spells that we're currently looking into adding while under the effects of Unbridled Learning:

• Absolute Terror

• Gates of Hades

• Pyric Bulwark

We'd consider the Pixie special abilities Spring Breeze, Summer Breeze, Autumn Breeze, and Winter Breeze, but they are too powerful, so they are pretty unlikely to be implemented.

We don't have any plans to allow spell Learning in areas that are related to missions and quests that players cannot repeat, so I’m sorry to say that Light Blade will not be added.

I will be adding this, along with other job updates for October, to the compilation of job adjustments for October topic.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-14 14:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well....a second terror spell, hopefully it works.

GoH might be cool :d

And phys immunity...meh

Pretty decent all told, shame no flail

Edit: Thanks kali!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »

And phys immunity...meh

Maybe if you grow a big dragon tail you can use flail :O!
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-14 14:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »

And phys immunity...meh

Maybe if you grow a big dragon tail you can use flail :O!

OMG that'd look sooooo cool.....mithran blu with wyrm tail.........hahaha
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-14 15:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 15:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

freaky >.>
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-14 15:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

HasTailCanFlail D:
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-14 15:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

;/ I hope they plan to add more than one spell per HNM, I was really hoping for Aqua breath and spike flail.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-10-14 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully Pyric Bulwark is exactly as it's hydra version with the same 1 min duration and not some stoneskin.

And seeing this, Bulwark will be really interesting when using Diffusion for your party members.

for outside stuff may depend on situations, but you really can't go wrong with this when you're Whisker Burning, and having lots of ISL's and Revitalizers will be even better
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2011-10-14 15:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gates of hades oH karmas a bish
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-14 15:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Hopefully Pyric Bulwark is exactly as it's hydra version with the same 1 min duration and not some stoneskin.

And seeing this, Bulwark will be really interesting when using Diffusion for your party members.

for outside stuff may depend on situations, but you really can't go wrong with this when you're Whisker Burning, and having lots of ISL's and Revitalizers will be even better

Highly doubt they would give us fantatics drink on a 5m timer. It will most likely be stoneskin IMO or something special like Magic Barrier had.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-14 15:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe its more like phalanx 4 where you just don't take shiiiiiit lol 1's and 2's from NMs! lol
 Cerberus.Choerilos
Server: Cerberus
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-10-14 15:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking it will just raise pdt to 50-80% and not stack with gear, so that would allow you to wear full DD gear during the duration. Something like that.

Personally most looking forward to seeing how Gates of Hades will perform. At least they will be a nice reminder of my old home server if nothing else.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-14 15:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Will most likely be a Sentinel effect since Magic Barrier was basically a Rampart with the magic shield part.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-14 15:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now.

BLU uses Gates of Hades on crowd of mobs.
BLU uses Dream Flower.
OH SHI-
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-14 16:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused how the pixie abilities are too strong in comparison to gates of hades lol? or even the original version of bulwark. I assume they'll be toning them down a bit, so why couldn't they do that with the pixie abilities as well? I'd love some regain, don't really care about the other seasons.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-14 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how strong the dot on GoH is gonna be, if they dont remove the burn effect fully to balance it out or something stupid >_> lol
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-14 16:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm expecting GoH as a blu spell to be gimped so much it'll be near useless.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-14 16:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

INB4!:
Absolute Terror- resisted by EVARYTHING!!!

Gates of Hades- like Thunderbolt damagewise and inflicts the normal "Burn" status effect that we get from BLM

Polar Bulwar- it'll be skill based stoneskin from physical attacks like Magic Barrier (not saying its a bad thing...at 99 we'll have upwards of 500ish skill...but the duration is prolly going to be something like 1 minute :| )

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Inuyasha 2011-10-14 16:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
maybe the pixie abilites just by nature have far too much accuracy to make feasible or something hmmm loled at whoever said "I want light blade!"
had to look up what that was...

if they did implement a pixie spell...it would definately HAVE to be under Unbridled Learning...and then they'd be all "lulz Regain tiers based on blue magic skill...and guess what...at max skill possible youll only get about 3/tic!"
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-14 16:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A new terror spell seems kind of cool. Maybe useful on mobs that can't be stunned due to some kind of lightning affinity. If it's a highly accurate and long terror effect I could see it being useful in some situations. Jettatura has too long of a recast, too many set points to feasibly set, and wasn't all that accurate.

I'm guessing Gates of Hades will be a more powerful Charged Whisker like spell, but with added DoT. As long as it one shots mobs(for BLU-cleaving), the DoT shouldn't matter.

And dunno why people aren't excited about Pyric Bulwark. It sounds like it could be cooler than +100% defense from Harden Shell. Harden Shell only lasts 90 seconds, so if this thing gave a potent Stoneskin of like 1000 HP, then I'd rather use it than Harden Shell and just stick with Cocoon. Or as someone said, maybe it's like Sentinel since we basically got Rampart in the form of Magic Barrier?
By Inuyasha 2011-10-14 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm guessing Gates of Hades will be a more powerful Charged Whisker like spell, but with added DoT. As long as it one shots mobs(for BLU-cleaving), the DoT shouldn't matter.
sounds interesting for GoH -> WoR -> Thermal Pulse (if you didnt oneshot)

Quote:
And dunno why people aren't excited about Pyric Bulwark. It sounds like it could be cooler than +100% defense from Harden Shell. Harden Shell only lasts 90 seconds, so if this thing gave a potent Stoneskin of like 1000 HP, then I'd rather use it than Harden Shell and just stick with Cocoon. Or as someone said, maybe it's like Sentinel since we basically got Rampart in the form of Magic Barrier?

it'll be skill based with a very low duration...but doesnt stop me from thinking it'll have some very nice uses
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-10-14 18:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
Quote:
sounds interesting for GoH -> WoR -> Thermal Pulse (if you didnt oneshot)

Why would you rely on a spell that can only be used once every 5 mins for whisker burning? Additionally, why would you thermal pulse "if you didn't oneshot" - isn't that what the whirl is for? /confused
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-14 18:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna lie, Absolute Terror is kinda disappointing. Was hoping for Spike Flail or Dragon Breath. The other two are cool though.

Also, doesn't Kam'Lanaut use Light Blade in Apoc Nigh which is repeatable?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-14 18:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Not gonna lie, Absolute Terror is kinda disappointing. Was hoping for Spike Flail or Dragon Breath. The other two are cool though.

Everything resists Breath these days.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-14 18:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »

Why would you rely on a spell that can only be used once every 5 mins for whisker burning? Additionally, why would you thermal pulse "if you didn't oneshot" - isn't that what the whirl is for? /confused

dont waste your time on that fool, he doesnt know what he is talkin about, especially when it comes to playing blu.

Terror is lame, I think SE is afraid to give blu flail, don't know why they won't just admit to it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-14 19:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about relying completely on GoH for whisker burning, but if it kills a certain group more efficiently than CW, then why wouldn't you incorporate it into your burns? Killing a pull slightly faster every 5 minutes is still better than killing slightly slower for all your pulls.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-14 19:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be 1-shotting them with whisker anyways, it'd only be a novelty.

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Everything resists Breath these days.

Still want it. Everything resists terror these days.
First Page 2 3