Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)
Test Server Update - Job Adjustments (October)
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 15:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This wont provide anything new for the individual job adjustments, but rather this is a place to discuss all of them.

WAR - MNK - WHM - BLM - RDM - THF - PLD - DRK - BST - BRD
RNG - SAM - NIN - DRG - SMN - BLU - COR - PUP - SCH - DNC

Warrior
[Original]

10-05-2011 02:33 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We are planning to update the test server extremely soon and we will be releasing the exact schedule in the information section. Below is a planned adjustment for warrior:

• Cap on the weapon skill damage increase effect from Restraint will be lowered

Since this is an adjustment that will reduce damage output, we will proceed carefully and take our time to do this, more so than other job adjustments.

Monk

White Mage

Black Mage

Red Mage

Thief
[Original]

10-05-2011 02:33 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We are planning to update the test server extremely soon and we will be releasing the exact schedule in the information section. Below are the planned adjustments for thief:

• Making it so an increase in the effect of Treasure Hunter is possible when using a close range physical weapon skill (*1)

• When using a weapon skill by itself, the rate of increase will be the same as a normal close range attack

• When combining a weapon skill with Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, the rate of increase will be the same as using Sneak Attack/Trick Attack.

(I am sure the next comment is going to make you say “WE KNOW! GEEZ!” but one last time…)
As stated previously, with the current system we are unable to display Treasure Hunter effect increase in the log when using weapon skills.

If we were to try and make it so it is displayed in the log, the work load would be roughly equivalent to the amount of work needed to adjust multiple jobs, so because of this we are not planning to make adjustments to this. Likewise, we do not have any plans of adding the effect increase animation for the same reason. We apologize.

*1 If it is a multi-hit weapon skill, the increase will occur on only the first hit.

Paladin

Dark Knight

Beastmaster
[Original]

10-14-2011 02:48 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Thank you all for your suggestions, and often heated debate. I'm glad I get to be the one to post up our results after all the hard work Camate did leading up to it.

Based on numerous discussions, we have decided to implement the following pets along with the new level cap of 99.

Pets that we have been planning all along
Adamantoise

*The smaller type from Abyssea. Don't worry, they won't cause the ground to rumble non-stop!

Apkallu

And... based on your feedback!
Hippogryph

We will continue to reference your feedback when we consider adding more pets in the future. We hope you're all looking forward to the next round of pet additions once the cap is raised!

Bard

Ranger

Samurai

Ninja

Dragoon

Summoner

Blue Mage
[Original]

10-14-2011 02:34 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Hey blues! Got some tidbits for you about upcoming spells that we're currently looking into adding while under the effects of Unbridled Learning:

• Absolute Terror

• Gates of Hades

• Pyric Bulwark

We'd consider the Pixie special abilities Spring Breeze, Summer Breeze, Autumn Breeze, and Winter Breeze, but they are too powerful, so they are pretty unlikely to be implemented.

We don't have any plans to allow spell Learning in areas that are related to missions and quests that players cannot repeat, so I’m sorry to say that Light Blade will not be added.

Corsair

Puppetmaster
[Original]

10-14-2011 06:14 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Our puppetmaster adjustments are being finalized, so I would like to make an announcement before we implement these adjustments to the test server.

Usually we make these kinds of announcements at the same time as the changes are implemented in the test server, but it’s going to take us a little bit longer to implement our adjustments, so we decided to make the announcement first.

• Attachments

• Increased the effect boost based on number of maneuvers for the following attachments

Strobe/Inhibitor/Flame Holder/Steam Jacket/Auto-Repair Kit II

• Lowered the required capacity from 2 to 1 for the following attachments

Reactive Shield/Scope/Schurzen/Volt Gun

• Attachment adjustments as follows

AttachmentAdjustments
      Reactive ShieldAdded a bonus to the amount of spike damage dealt based on the frame’s skill level
      Mana BoosterEffect changed from shortening recast times to that of a fast cast effect
      Drum MagazineLessened the negative impact to accuracy
      ReplicatorIncreased the number of shadows based on the number of wind maneuvers used
      Shock AbsorberBonus added to the amount of damage absorbed based on the frame’s skill level and the number of earth maneuvers used
      Armor Plate
      Armor Plate II
      Effect changed from increasing defense to decreasing the amount of physical damage taken
      AnalyzerTripled the amount of damage that can be mitigated
      HammermillShield Bash will be 100% accurate when Hammermill is equipped
      Volt GunRemoved the level dependence and added a bonus to additional damage based on the frame’s skill level and the number of thunder maneuvers used
      HeatsinkThe decrease in the probability of overload will be based on all maneuvers instead of just fire maneuvers
      Damage GaugeShortened the recast time for cure spells
      EraserChanged so that only light maneuvers are consumed to fix multiple status ailments

• Automatons

• Re-examine automaton logic

• Add/adjust spells

• Recast times for spells will be set up independently for each category (such as enhancing/enfeebling magic)
        *Cure, regen, status ailment recovery spells will each have their own recast times

• The following spells will be added

Protect (I-V)/Shell (I-V)/Stoneskin/Haste/Phalanx/Erase/Absorb-Attri/Dispel/Dread Spikes/Addle/Regen IV
        *Phalanx and Stoneskin will only be used on the master
        *Protect, Shell, and Haste will only be used on the master and party members

• Tier IV elemental spells will be added to Stormwaker Y-700

• Cure IV or Cure V will be chosen based on remaining HP

• Weapon skill adjustments

• Magic Mortar will have a set amount for its minimum amount of damage

• Sharpshot automaton adjustments

• Distance adjustments will be removed for ranged attacks

• Puppetmasters

• A job ability that removes automaton status ailments will be added (Lv30 recast time: 1 minute)

• Uses automaton oil to fix automaton status ailments (those that can be recovered by erase)
      • The number of status ailments fixed will depend on the type of automaton oil used, and a maximum of 4 status ailments can be removed at once
        *Automaton oil+3 (Lv80+) will also be added.

These changes will be implemented in the test server in a while, and we plan on making final adjustments based on feedback once these changes are implemented in the test server. Thank you!

11-07-2011 01:43 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Puppetmaster adjustments cont.

Flame holder
We feel that the current stats and functionality aren’t reasonable when considering the space needed to equip this attachment. With this said, if we were to make so the power is shared with other attachments (for example, making it so it doesn’t consume a Fire Maneuver, as was suggested), we would have to increase the capacity cost to be higher than it is currently.

However, since I believe that attachment uses differ from person to person, instead of the above adjustment, we are looking in the direction of adding a different attachment that has similar stats to the Flame Holder so you will be able to choose the proper one to use based on the situation. (The addition of this attachment is planned for after the level cap increase to 99.)

Also, when there are changes made with Test Server updates, we also update the content posted in the “Testing In Progress” forum, but the development team and QA team have been testing and making adjustments up to the last minute, more than you can imagine.

As a result, there may be times that we cannot announce the specific changes right away and we appreciate your understanding. (Don’t worry, we aren’t trying to hide anything!)

Scholar
[Original]

10-05-2011 02:31 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We are planning to update the test server extremely soon and we will be releasing the exact schedule in the information section. Below are the planned adjustments for scholar:
  • Light Arts will give a bonus to the effect and effect duration of Regen

• Dark Arts will give a bonus to the effect and effect duration of Helix spells

• Tabula Rasa will give a bonus to Regen and Helix spells’ effect and effect duration

• While under the effects of Tabula Rasa, there will be no recast times for Light Arts and Dark Arts

• The levels at which you learn Regen III/IV will be adjusted

• The levels at which Helix spells are learned, as well as their MP cost will be adjusted

• The recast time for Modus Veritas will be adjusted

• The effect duration of Klimaform will be adjusted

Dancer

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 15:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

reserved
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-10-05 15:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalilla <3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Kalilla <3
<3
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-05 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Kalilla <3
<3
<3
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-10-05 15:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol..that sucks for war. got nothing at lvl 95 except a nerf.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-05 15:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"We're glad you enjoyed Abyssea. Now we'll take the game back nerfing the ***out of everything."

Tanaka is back.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-10-05 15:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
"We're glad you enjoyed Abyssea. Now we'll take the game back nerfing the ***out of everything."

Tanaka is back.

so if the abyssea team left to work on ff14, does that mean it's time to jump ship soon? D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-10-05 16:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
nice to see scholar's regens will be a uniform rate of learning at least now but the potency and duration changes seemed unnecessary
I think there going that route to make it different from whm when playing healer, kinda interested to see how high it will go.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 16:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramatically increasing regen potency could make SCH more comfortable in casual healing situations, but I can't see it making one bit of difference against anything dangerous.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-05 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Dramatically increasing regen potency could make SCH more comfortable in casual healing situations, but I can't see it making one bit of difference against anything dangerous.

I'm really more interested in the Dark Arts part.
I hope it sucks, because SE has me itching to level SCH and I'm vehemently against levelling mage jobs (unless you count BRD). Also, I don't want to do Magian Staves.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2011-10-05 16:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what you're doing honestly. For some mobs you just need to pump those high total cures in fast. For other things regen (used to) serve a pretty decent purpose. Prior to the level cap where some mages might have had mp consumption issues on WHM I rarely had issues through the balanced use of Cures and merited regens+briault (did more low man than anything like HNMLS so bar~merits weren't high on my priority list since I had a decent enhancing/bar kit anywho). Did a lot of low man stuff where that constant topping off of hp slowly was more important than dumping a few big, expensive cures. Meant sublimation and refresh gear could keep me safe for mp w/out support.

I for one welcome this SCH change for both Arts though I'm curious as to the helix restructure. Is it raising them out of subjob range or is it lowering them all into subjob range and giving sch helix/storm IIs?

I can always hope it'll mean I can SCH more and WHM less anyway. /shrug
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-10-05 16:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

would like elemental celerity I under dark arts :/
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 16:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Leviathan.Dodu said: »

I'm really more interested in the Dark Arts part.
I hope it sucks, because SE has me itching to level SCH and I'm vehemently against levelling mage jobs (unless you count BRD). Also, I don't want to do Magian Staves.
Next teaser pushes Asymtotic over the edge and levels sch. More great updates come for sch encouraging Asymtotic to get every single +3 magian staff taking weeks... months of dedication. Asymtotic gets all the best sch gear and becomes an amazingly geared sch...

...then an announcement. The sch nerf...

SQUARE ENIX-----------------↑
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-10-05 16:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »

Why do SCHs think they need to take everything from BLMs and/or WHMs? Can't certain jobs just have unique traits and spells?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-05 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just slit my throat with my babyblue cake knife.

(after activating aftermath on a SE developer, to get ODD procs)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-05 16:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that like unnecessary? lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-10-05 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

Why do SCHs think they need to take everything from BLMs and/or WHMs? Can't certain jobs just have unique traits and spells?

funny you say that, only unique spells left on sch are helix and on a previous post it was said to be getting lowered on this update. People need to stop thinking they are unique snow flakes, the only thing that matters is balance.

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Isn't that like unnecessary? lol

While it is not needed i think an overall arts bonus of even 2-5%(mainly spell cast/recast) i think would be stellar. We are a fairly slow casting job if you count the JA animation into the fritz.
[+]
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2011-10-05 16:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

Well we can't ~ga or ~ja, Ancient Magic, or Comet/Meteor for one. Will still pull hate like a bully to that geeky kid on the school play ground without a buffer like Emnity Douse. Before Celerity a SCH could cast those spells faster than a BLM through Arts which isn't right either. Don't wanna be better, just wanna keep up ;p Considering BLM gets 2 tiers of EC so far, 1 tier available for SCH would be nice and go along with Tranquil Heart seeing as WHM RDM SCH all got that. Nothing wrong with Celerity for BLM RDM SCH. They just group nicely that way while retaining their own quirks.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-05 16:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalilla OMG !

You are no longer just an epic WHM but also an epic thread and topic updater!!! Thank you so much for all this :D

..now to go /wrist because of the WAR nerf, g'bye all ..
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 16:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Kalilla OMG !

You are no longer just an epic WHM but also an epic thread and topic updater!!! Thank you so much for all this :D

..now to go /wrist because of the WAR nerf, g'bye all ..
haha D:
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-05 17:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 50% crit rate/damage cap, mobs vit lower crit damage, and all of that stuff.

I'll rage.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-10-05 17:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alacrity says hi!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 17:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to ask what everyone prefers:

Bold or unbold? Doesn't really matter I just can't decide :(
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-05 17:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bold stands out more.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-10-05 17:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

bold

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-05 17:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE, I think it's time to take your attention away from SCH, even for a little bit, and do something to the other jobs that actually need adjusting. Every update all I see is SCH SCH SCH.
First Page 2 3