First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-09-07 16:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stanislav said: »
I would like to note that Guildwork only archives the last 24 hours of shouts.
This I did not know. Sounds very good, sir.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
Server: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-09-07 16:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And if it was not clear, the purpose of archiving the shouts is to allow them to be indexed and searchable. So if you are looking for a worm party but it was said 15min ago you can find that via the search functionality (premium). The same can be said for looking for someone selling something earlier in the day. The whole idea is to give shouts a longer life then the small time frame they appear in someone's chat log.
[+]
 Siren.Miyokonami
Server: Siren
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-09-07 17:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally. I don't care to pay attention to the shouts happening on my server in whichever zone I'm in ... there is no way in hell I'm interested in seeing another server's shouts in real time.. in Port Jeuno.

I noticed someone said on the first few pages that they like to be able to view shouts and browse as they wont miss a chance for some event, which makes sense but, that implies he'd also be on that corresponding server, so he'd likely see the shouts anyway.

After reading the first 4 pages, I have not seen a good argument for NOT being able to view the shouts.

As for the implication of possibly being able to view tells or Ls messages. I'm sure Stanis or anyone else doesn't care to view your cybering messages with random mithras or your event chat explaining when Chukwa was killed.

If you are really worried about the privacy or interaction of these tools, please heed earlier warnings and 1. Stop using GW or FFXIAH 2.block your character info on the playonline site. 3.(Optional) just stop playing.
[+]
By Eugene 2011-09-07 17:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only one way to block guildwork, /delete character
[+]
 Odin.Minusdkp
Server: Odin
user: Leshrac
By Odin.Minusdkp 2011-09-07 18:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

why do i feel like i'm in the official forums?........ someone stop the rapid facepalms!
 Bahamut.Deezee
Server: Bahamut
user: dexninja
By Bahamut.Deezee 2011-09-07 19:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jaxson said: »
Well its not so much that, as I feel like its cheating and don't approve of the use of it. I also don't approve of windower either, so there you have it.

Lmao wow. Just wow. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
[+]
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2011-09-07 19:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stanislav said: »
I would like to note that Guildwork only archives the last 24 hours of shouts. Anything else is deleted. Basically there is a cron job running every single hour and deleting any shouts older then 24 hours.

Archiving all of it is not only useless, it consumes a lot of resources that I don't wish to spend time or money on.

Thanks for letting me know that stan, makes a big difference.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2011-09-07 19:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

...what the hell are y'all typing ingame that you're worried about being public? Damn.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-09-07 22:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
...what the hell are y'all typing ingame that you're worried about being public? Damn.

Boys gone wild conversation...
 Fenrir.Shotness
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Shotness 2011-09-08 09:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

are people forgetting that you can only access the shout feature of GW if youre a paying member who already has a LINKED ffxi account? only ffxi players can read it in GW or in game...

P.S. 3$ is nothing for a great site like GW. Thank you for the hard work Stan. Support opensource/freeware anytime you can
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2011-09-08 10:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that the OP just trolled everyone in this post lol
 Asura.Kiakasha
Server: Asura
user: Kiakasha
By Asura.Kiakasha 2011-09-10 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jaxson said: »
I am not comfortable with the things I say in shout being available publicly to people who aren't in game. Is there anyway to get it blocked from showing my shouts?

Cancel your content ID and uninstall ffxi!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8