Blocking Guildwork
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2011-09-06 18:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not comfortable with the things I say in shout being available publicly to people who aren't in game. Is there anyway to get it blocked from showing my shouts?
[+]
 Fenrir.Shotness
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Shotness 2011-09-06 18:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

there's one in every crowd
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-06 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jaxson said: »
I am not comfortable with the things I say in shout being available publicly to people who aren't in game. Is there anyway to get it blocked from showing my shouts?
What's the difference between people seeing your shouts in game vs on the internet? We're all players here >.>

Don't see any difference really besides that I wasn't on your server in your zone at that exact time to see the shout that you don't want others to see.
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-09-06 18:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually really like it. I can afk browse the ah and still get shouts for parties, seals, etc. Kinda want them to implement /shout in towns.
 Cerberus.Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2011-09-06 18:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its not so much that, as I feel like its cheating and don't approve of the use of it. I also don't approve of windower either, so there you have it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-09-06 18:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Using FFXI AH website would be cheating too, so you should probably not log into this site. Problem solved :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-09-06 18:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its not so much that, as I feel like its cheating and don't approve of the use of it. I also don't approve of windower either, so there you have it.

lmao.

I will move servers and sit in Jeuno taking screen shots of your shouts and upload them to the int0rwebz everyday.. TRY TO STOP ME CHEATER!
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-09-06 18:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »

lmao.

I will move servers and sit in Jeuno taking screen shots of your shouts and upload them to the int0rwebz everyday.. TRY TO STOP ME CHEATER!
<.< I could make this happen.
By slipispsycho 2011-09-06 18:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't be serious.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-06 18:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyway to get it blocked from showing my shouts?

yes

by not shouting in port jeuno

you have the right to remain silent
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-09-06 18:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So there you have it indeed.

How on earth do you believe having your shouts known is considered cheating? I'm asking seriously, not trolling, i want to know why.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-06 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd.
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-09-06 18:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

So there you have it indeed.

How on earth do you believe having your shouts known is considered cheating? I'm asking seriously, not trolling, i want to know why.
Because he doesn't want to pay for the premium GW service, so those who do pay don't have to sit there staring at the game while waiting around for shouts to go do the things they want like he does.
 Cerberus.Kiori
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-09-06 18:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen you shout...

FFXIAH is a third party tool...log off now so you're no longer cheating. Also...Wiki and Gamer Escape, and all those little forums out there are also "cheating" since they provide "guides" and "tips" on how to make your character better. (using logic as strategy guides are tools for cheating)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-09-06 18:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really surprised that no one has cried foul about invasion of privacy issues. From what I understand this only gathers convo from shouts but if he can do that what prevents him from eventually skimming party, linkshell and tell chat? If I still played, I'd definitely have an issue with someone skimming my conversations and making money off of it to boot.

And for anyone who says that its the same as the forums it is most certainly not.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-09-06 18:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
I lol'd.
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-09-06 18:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I'm really surprised that no one has cried foul about invasion of privacy issues. From what I understand this only gathers convo from shouts but if he can do that what prevents him from eventually skimming party, linkshell and tell chat? If I still played, I'd definitely have an issue with someone skimming my conversations and making money off of it to boot.

And for anyone who says that its the same as the forums it is most certainly not.
It is when the argument is that GW gives an unfair advantage.. So does this site, it allows people to look up prices and items on the AH without actually being in-game. The GW shout feature allows people to see shouts without being logged in, they're more comparable than you care to admit.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-06 18:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This was addressed in the thread announcing the feature itself. Stanislav responded there.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-09-06 18:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said: »

It is when the argument is that GW gives an unfair advantage.. So does this site, it allows people to look up prices and items on the AH without actually being in-game. The GW shout feature allows people to see shouts without being logged in, they're more comparable than you care to admit.
I have no issue or care about the advantage it does or doesn't give slip. My issue is with privacy and people making money off of people that have no idea this service is in place.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-09-06 18:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Link me please?
@ Krizz
 Cerberus.Kiori
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-09-06 18:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really surprised that no one has cried foul about invasion of privacy issues.
i hate it when I read these comments. Honestly...if you didn't want people to read it, why shout it? Shouts will travel i believe 100 yalms (i will have to find my source) so anyone within range will see it. No difference.

If they were pulling your /tells then maybe I'd feel a little bit uneasy, but at the same time...I don't see how they can see your personal tells and personal chats to other people. How would they connect to you? I don't even see how a "search feature" would be able to be added to even look up people chatting. They would have to have your id or something...not just guildwork client since not everyone can have/use it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-09-06 18:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Link me please?
@ Krizz
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/25037/ffxi-shout-data-guildwork-premium/#1522850
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-09-06 18:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Thank you.
By mortontony1 2011-09-06 18:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt they would allow people to skim through LS messages. Just sayin'
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-09-06 18:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Privacy on the internet? What's that!? :<
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-09-06 18:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said: »

I have no issue or care about the advantage it does or doesn't give slip. My issue is with privacy and people making money off of people that have no idea this service is in place.
That was in response to you saying "And for anyone who says that its the same as the forums it is most certainly not."
By mortontony1 2011-09-06 18:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What about if someone takes a picture with you in it and posts it here. Does that get your panties in a bunch about your privacy? On the internet?
Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha said: »
Privacy on the internet? What's that!? :<
 Cerberus.Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2011-09-06 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note, I don't really use this site for anything but storing what merits/abyssites/atmas and so forth i have. Recently I bought a notebook and I've just been handwriting lists in there so I haven't really even been on recently. I won't have even noticed except a friend mentioned it after he reported it to the STF.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-09-06 19:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

...wat
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8