Does Ffxi Suck Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does ffxi suck now?
Does ffxi suck now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-03-28 17:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, not trolling.

Now that that's been stated, we can move on.

Abyssea has been cool, it completely changed almost every aspect of our beloved game. Leveling will never be the same (yada yada old school exp...no it's not as good, don't pretend it is). End game now is a joke (remember the months it took for your ls to get you [insert item here]? it's easy to get better things in 2days to a week).

I was just looking at a picture on the main page of a monk with a lv90 verethragna, someone had commented "oh look another cookie cutter monk". Well...yeah it's true. In a game that was once defined on item sets and difficulty it just feels like all the things that made this game really great are gone now. Like everyone having exactly the same armor.

I mean the main tank class in our game, pld, isn't even a tank anymore. It's turned into a joke to most people. Yes, I'm well aware that rdms, brds, and other jobs have been main endgame tanks before, but I think it's easy to understand the point I'm trying to get across.

As I said, I'm not trying to hate on the game that I've loved and played since 2004, but it feels I don't know, sort of empty now.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-03-28 17:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ok that works too

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-28 17:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong place, wrong time man. They aren't going to care, and just belittle and berate you for no other reason just to get kicks at something regardless of agreement. Someone is going to act incredibly dumb, call someone HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, incite flame war, then thread gets derailed. game over.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-28 17:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it does. Every day I have to read these threads, when the person posting could just stop paying their monthly fee. *** FFXI!!!

But in all seriousness, it's just a different type of game now. If you liked the old grind fest FFXI, you should probably start looking for a different game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-28 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I love the way the game is atm, can easily do stuff with a few friends, or alone, or with a big group of ls members.
You dont need a small army to do stuff anymore, which kinda really is the only difference.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-28 17:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FFXI.
[+]
 Caitsith.Chewy
Server: Caitsith
user: Chewy
By Caitsith.Chewy 2011-03-28 17:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How do people who have been playing since 2004 feel when they find out it takes a day to level yourself to 75+?
[+]
 Caitsith.Believed
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Believed 2011-03-28 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played almost every other MMORPG and they all suck except FFXI. I'll probably stop playing games with this one most likely.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-03-28 17:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 Cool story bro
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-28 17:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Anything different than this^ post is not worthy of this thread.

Quote:
He's probably trying to curry favour and make new friends seeing as the majority of the site is sick of him.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-28 17:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
End game now is a joke (remember the months it took for your ls to get you [insert item here]? it's easy to get better things in 2days to a week).

Where is your full +2 set and Goading Belt? And your Almace/Ochain?

Quote:
I was just looking at a picture on the main page of a monk with a lv90 verethragna, someone had commented "oh look another cookie cutter monk". Well...yeah it's true. In a game that was once defined on item sets and difficulty it just feels like all the things that made this game really great are gone now. Like everyone having exactly the same armor.

FFXI was never difficult... we've just gone from one cookie cutter to another.

Quote:
I mean the main tank class in our game, pld, isn't even a tank anymore. It's turned into a joke to most people. Yes, I'm well aware that rdms, brds, and other jobs have been main endgame tanks before, but I think it's easy to understand the point I'm trying to get across.

Maybe the main tank class in your game.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 17:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i liked it before; I like it today, especially since I took extremely long breaks from the game. I was never a fan of waiting 2 months for 1 piece of gear. I was never a fan or thought that HNMs were a "really cool idea or concept" nor did I think they proved someone worthy or skillful to camp them.

As someone who isn't able to dedicate a ton of time out of their real life (I am without a doubt jealous of people who are fortunate enough to spend as much time as they please playing) I really enjoy being able to still have fun without being a slave to the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-28 17:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I even clicked on OP's profile, I said to myself "Another butthurt pld I bet" I was right :3
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-03-28 17:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well instead of posting in this thread to hate (people like Raenryong) maybe you can actually understand what I'm trying to say.

This game is a lot different now than it used to be. I am not saying I dislike it, so don't confuse what I'm saying. What it is I'm trying to point out is that it's a lot different now, a lot a lot.

This is not the game that we started playing a long time ago (for most of us anyway). I am just wondering if most people who have been playing for a long time like I have are actually enjoying how things are now.

The game is a lot more casual than it used to be, which is good for a lot of people, yes. But a few years ago this game, our game, was known for the difficulty it possessed. It took most people months to reach max level, and end game used to be a serious thing.

(I don't have a +2 set sorry, my almace doesn't exist because I honestly don't feel like doing it, Ochain? lol i wish. goading belt? i don't use my paladin enough. FFXI did used to be difficult, people used to wipe on anything. main tank class? you're an idiot if you never heard of a pld/nin main tanking.)

^
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-28 17:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
i liked it before; I like it today, especially since I took extremely long breaks from the game. I was never a fan of waiting 2 months for 1 piece of gear. I was never a fan or thought that HNMs were a "really cool idea or concept" nor did I think they proved someone worthy or skillful to camp them.

As someone who isn't able to dedicate a ton of time out of their real life (I am without a doubt jealous of people who are fortunate enough to spend as much time as they please playing) I really enjoy being able to still have fun without being a slave to the game.
I have to agree with you.. there are still challenges in the game, but they are able to be geared to hard core gamers and casual gamers alike...

I have a feeling they are going to add some harder endgame to 90-99 but having the option to still do stuff within a reasonable amount of time...
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-03-28 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

another butt hurt pld? dude i've tanked everything in abyssea on my monk np. this has nothing to do with that.

Don't confuse my actual point with your misconceptions about my intent.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-28 17:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said:
Well instead of posting in this thread to hate (people like Raenryong) maybe you can actually understand what I'm trying to say.

This game is a lot different now than it used to be. I am not saying I dislike it, so don't confuse what I'm saying. What it is I'm trying to point out is that it's a lot different now, a lot a lot.

This is not the game that we started playing a long time ago (for most of us anyway). I am just wondering if most people who have been playing for a long time like I have are actually enjoying how things are now.

The game is a lot more casual than it used to be, which is good for a lot of people, yes. But a few years ago this game, our game, was known for the difficulty it possessed. It took most people months to reach max level, and end game used to be a serious thing.

(I don't have a +2 set sorry, my almace doesn't exist because I honestly don't feel like doing it, Ochain? lol i wish. goading belt? i don't use my paladin enough. FFXI did used to be difficult, people used to wipe on anything. main tank class? you're an idiot if you never heard of a pld/nin main tanking.)

^
I almost kinda wish they would have kept areas like Sky, sea, and the like, capped at level 75 or atleast 80... that way those area's still would pose a challenge
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-28 17:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-03-28 17:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has changed. If its for the better or worse is up to the individual. I kind of like it because I can now play less and still feel i'm making progress, which leaves me free to play other games or just chill with friends.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-28 17:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting weeks and month for some unmotivated *** hat to get the gear all the sudden makes the game hard.

Pld was very far from "the best" tanking class.

There is more to do now in game than there every has been..well at least for me.

It now longer takes camping 1 HNM 0~3 hours every day of every month to get the best items.

Truly motivated players can get great gear as long as they do the work..isn't that how it should be..not waiting for a shitty drop rated and bots to claim?

Oh yeah and "cookie cuter" jobs have always been and will always be around..the best is the best for a reason and everyone is working towards it. Happened at 75 and it will happen at 99.

Yup the game sucks now.
[+]
By Mataniah 2011-03-28 17:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Epic Win
[+]
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-03-28 17:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The game does not suck unless you as a person think it.

That said, I liked the game as it was before level sync, and I like it as it is now, even though I don't play as much.

It's really just a matter of personal taste, the same can be said for many other things in life.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-28 17:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Carbuncle.Blazer said:
Well instead of posting in this thread to hate (people like Raenryong) maybe you can actually understand what I'm trying to say. This game is a lot different now than it used to be. I am not saying I dislike it, so don't confuse what I'm saying. What it is I'm trying to point out is that it's a lot different now, a lot a lot. This is not the game that we started playing a long time ago (for most of us anyway). I am just wondering if most people who have been playing for a long time like I have are actually enjoying how things are now. The game is a lot more casual than it used to be, which is good for a lot of people, yes. But a few years ago this game, our game, was known for the difficulty it possessed. It took most people months to reach max level, and end game used to be a serious thing. (I don't have a +2 set sorry, my almace doesn't exist because I honestly don't feel like doing it, Ochain? lol i wish. goading belt? i don't use my paladin enough. FFXI did used to be difficult, people used to wipe on anything. main tank class? you're an idiot if you never heard of a pld/nin main tanking.) ^
I almost kinda wish they would have kept areas like Sky, sea, and the like, capped at level 75 or atleast 80... that way those area's still would pose a challenge
Wait wait Sky and Sea were hardchallenging at 75 and 80?
[+]
By zahrah 2011-03-28 17:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mataniah said:
Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Epic Win

Love it!!!
 Carbuncle.Luthian
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2011-03-28 17:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xeth said:
Comparing it to how things used to be and asking if it's better or worse now is completely subjective. There's a different feel to the game for sure, whether you like it or dislike it is totally up to you. c_c Speaking of how things used to be, if a game's pride is based upon how dreadfully long it takes to get stuff done then there's something wrong.

I totally agree. Things are constantly changing. Most of the feelings you get come from the fact that something has changed, not from the changes themselves. It's the way of life.

Diabolos.Kiddo said:
shut up

Be more of a ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7