Does Ffxi Suck Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does ffxi suck now?
Does ffxi suck now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-29 01:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said:
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-03-29 01:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing since the NA release and I love abyssea. So much that I don't know if I want to play the game outside abyssea unless SE gives us some way to use atmas there.

In answer to someone's question about leveling now versus the horrible leveling before, not that big of a deal to me. I remember when level sync first arrived on the scene and people were pissed. Things change, either move forward and adapt or do something else.
By Asura.Prizmneclipse 2011-03-29 02:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a game without Atmas. Freeloading newbs with no skillz overrunning the server oh noes! But seriously, this game has become easier then wow, its fixable and im content with putting up with it for now but as of currently atmas are gamebreaking and those of us who worked so hard in the past and who are used to the game taking skill to complete are just shaking our heads in disapointment.

PLZ SE...

GET RID OF ATMAS AND LOWER THE EXP GAIN...
[+]
 Leviathan.Erang
Server: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-03-29 02:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

to be honest: at this point, maybe a little.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-03-29 02:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Prizmneclipse said:
I want a game without Atmas. Freeloading newbs with no skillz overrunning the server oh noes! But seriously, this game has become easier then wow, its fixable and im content with putting up with it for now but as of currently atmas are gamebreaking and those of us who worked so hard in the past and who are used to the game taking skill to complete are just shaking our heads in disapointment.

PLZ SE...

GET RID OF ATMAS AND LOWER THE EXP GAIN...

Sorry, this game still requires skill. Unless you are throwing bodies at monsters then no you don't need any skill. But then thats what a lot of people did before the level update. I remember a few strats where you just threw BLM's at a monster and waited for it to die. That doesn't take much skill, just a lot of re-raising. Zerging didn't take much skill either.

I like being able to low-man things. Trying to figure out a way to get enough procs (yellow, red or blue) with 2-3 people and still kill the monster.

Also, noobs are still noobs. Just because they have awesome atmas doesn't really help if they don't know how to play their job.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-03-29 02:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said:
Also, noobs are still noobs. Just because they have awesome atmas doesn't really help if they don't know how to play their job.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-29 02:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think many MMO's have done a progression (start over ) server before..

I know everquest is most likely doing one.. and star wars galaxies has been talking about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-29 03:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I might make another character on a restart server if they did one.. but doubt I'd give up my old character.

Was smn an original job.. i started playing when treasures of aht urhgan came out so i'm not sure.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-03-29 03:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said:
This game is a lot different now than it used to be.
Still killing Fafnir.
Still staring at my Moogle.
Still reading people QQ over dumb ***.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-29 03:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said:
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
I might make another character on a restart server if they did one.. but doubt I'd give up my old character.

Was smn an original job.. i started playing when treasures of aht urhgan came out so i'm not sure.

I believe it came with original game but you only had access to carbuncle and elementals till ROZ
Close. It wasn't added until RoZ, but you didn't need the expansion to unlock it. You WOULD, however, be restricted to Carbuncle unless you had the expansion.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-29 03:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said:
I think a restart server would be a great move on SE's part to regain:
1. players who have quit
2. players curious about retro ffxi (50 cap simurgh fight anyone?)
3. players who don't like the new game

Edit: Seriously am I the only one who misses campaign and a well oiled merit party?

Old players returning arent alway gonna be happy about the long grind back up and the game has become easier to get back what you once had, which is why i have came back and stayed with the game, If It still had the same ol grind from 5 years ago, I probably wouldnt of stayed long, as my first 75 back than took almost year and a half.
 Ragnarok.Alo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Alo 2011-03-29 06:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-29 06:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. FFXI sucks so much, Monica Lewinsky gets jealous.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-29 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
On the contrary in an FPS game it's normally skill that separates the vast majority of the players only after separating the highly skilled players do strategies come into play with skill at that tier being pretty close. It's completely different than FFXI, it's all about knowledge and time, skill is a factor but people are only lying to themselves when they pretend it's a big factor in the game.
I'd have to disagree with the "strategy only being important at high levels of play" in FPS games bit of this. Tactical smart play is one of the biggest things; far more important than a fast/precise aim or quick reflexes in my opinion. I think FFXI does take skill - a different kind of skill to other games/genres but there is something that isn't just knowledge there.
Keep talking big like that Ryonryon, and I'll spank you in Blazblue! D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-29 07:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mameboss why you no on msn!?!
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-29 07:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
oh I can't use msn at work D: sorry.
Mameboss has some Mamerestrictions you see ;3
PM me =D
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-29 07:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposed to be adding new hNM's in the major update, so if that was fun to you before, waiting for days on end to get something to pop you can again...
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-29 08:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said:

I mean the main tank class in our game, pld, isn't even a tank anymore. It's turned into a joke to most people. Yes, I'm well aware that rdms, brds, and other jobs have been main endgame tanks before, but I think it's easy to understand the point I'm trying to get across.

As I said, I'm not trying to hate on the game that I've loved and played since 2004, but it feels I don't know, sort of empty now.

It's not "empty". It is "different".
If you don't love the game anymore, (and I'm not trying to be rude here) please quit. Toiling through a game that you aren't enjoying is a waste of your life.

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

It's just a different type of game now. If you liked the old grind fest FFXI, you should probably start looking for a different game.

Agree. +1.

Asura.Xeth said:
There's a different feel to the game for sure, whether you like it or dislike it is totally up to you. Speaking of how things used to be, if a game's pride is based upon how dreadfully long it takes to get stuff done then there's something wrong.

Totally agree. +1.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
i liked it before; I like it today. I was never a fan of waiting 2 months for 1 piece of gear. I was never a fan or thought that HNMs were a "really cool idea or concept" nor did I think they proved someone worthy or skillful to camp them.

As someone who isn't able to dedicate a ton of time out of their real life (I am without a doubt jealous of people who are fortunate enough to spend as much time as they please playing) I really enjoy being able to still have fun without being a slave to the game.

Absolutely. +1.

Alexander.Garlend said:
The game has changed. If its for the better or worse is up to the individual. I kind of like it because I can now play less and still feel i'm making progress, which leaves me free to play other games or just chill with friends.

I see a trend here. +1.

I hate to just be reiterating what others have said, but I do fully agree with these 4 posts, and I think the common thread in these posts is worth noting for anyone like the OP, who feels "abandoned" by FFXI.

Bottom line: if you lust for the "old" XP grind on Greater Colibri or standing around picking your a$$ waiting for Fafhogg to spawn with 50+ other people and a few Darters ... you need to move on. The game is irrevocably changed now, and it does cater more to "casual" play now. Honestly, to survive, it has to cater to more casual gaming. The people who were 14-20 years old in 2004 are now 21-28 years old, and (with some unfortunate exceptions) now have real jobs, real bills, real responsibilities, and in some cases, real children.
It's not like there's a horde of new younger gamers who are chomping at the bit to get into a game with 2003 graphics, populated by a bunch of "old geezers".

To the OP: adapt/adjust to the "new" game, or quit FFXI. Those are your two best options.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-29 08:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
oh I can't use msn at work D: sorry.
Mameboss has some Mamerestrictions you see ;3
PM me =D
Who could restrict mameboss!?! I don't think that is even possible
 Bahamut.Josseppi
user: Josseppi
By Bahamut.Josseppi 2011-03-29 08:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a sign of the times. Economies all over the world are going to ***, meaning people have to work more to get by. SE had a choice, keep the game so difficult that you have to spend 50 hours a week online to accomplish anything, or change the game so that people who can't spend that amount of time can still play and enjoy the game. Its a simple matter of business sense. The game makers understand that as much as the game is about dedication and challenges, if there are not enough people to play the game for them to make money, they can't keep it going and will have to shut it down.

Look how many people have quit playing over the last 2 years. When I first started in 2007, there wasn't a day when the population on Bahamut was less than 2000 people, and most days it was around 3000. Now I rarely see over 1500 and most days its around 1000. In order to maintain a population and encourage new players, they had to give incentive to current players not to quit and provide an easier way to catch up for new users. Change sucks, but what it really came down to is either change the game or watch it wither away.

There is still life in the game. If the plan is to cap levels at 99, it means there is the possibility of whole new endgame scenarios and along with it much bigger challenges. The question is, are you going to stick around to wait and see what they want to do, or are you going to live in the past and quit because the company did what it had to in order to keep the game alive?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-29 08:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously they are gonna quit and play another game until this one gets better in their eyes. I love this game atm, even given how easy it has become/low man oriented.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-29 08:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Obviously they are gonna quit and play another game until this one gets better in their eyes. I love this game atm, even given how easy it has become/low man oriented.

I'd say being able to low man stuff is great, I *** hate Alliances tbh.

Have you tried herding kittens? An Alliance is a lot like that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-29 08:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played this game for a very long time. There are different play styles, people enjoy different things. The game should have options for people who enjoy alliances that doesn't consist of gimping themselves. If there was such a fuss for content for people who don't have enough time to play the game or people who are greedy *** who want ***all for themselves in a week, why can't there be content for people who don't care about items and want group oriented fights? No, an alliance isn't a lot like that. Have you ever been in a successful Dyna LS back in the day? Two~Three parties, one alliance, was easy to handle and clear zones. Even less when better gear was introduced/spells.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-29 08:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've played this game for a very long time. There are different play styles, people enjoy different things. The game should have options for people who enjoy alliances that doesn't consist of gimping themselves. If there was such a fuss for content for people who don't have enough time to play the game or people who are greedy *** who want ***all for themselves in a week, why can't there be content for people who don't care about items and want group oriented fights? No, an alliance isn't a lot like that. Have you ever been in a successful Dyna LS back in the day? Two~Three parties, one alliance, was easy to handle and clear zones. Even less when better gear was introduced/spells.

Dynamis wasn't ever really hard though. I'd say the only fight that needed people to focus and be on the ball was DL.

However, I do see your point, there should be options for those who do want to play as a large group, opposed to low manning.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-29 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not the biggest fan of FFXI post-abyssea, but I'm also not hating on it.

I think my biggest problem is that there was really no other MMOs like how FFXI used to be. Real challenge to it with less overpowered rewards, but it also felt better to GET those rewards. Abyssea is an attempt to make FFXI more accessible to more people. I would equate this to how most game franchises get "dumbed down" over the course of multiple games, making it easier for little kids or less-interested people to play.

I myself am not a fan of this business model, but I also understand that it's the most financially logical. Catering to the casual players, or people that are undecided on the game as a whole will garner more profit than catering only to hardcore players.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-29 08:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Dynamis wasn't ever really hard though. I'd say the only fight that needed people to focus and be on the ball was DL.

However, I do see your point, there should be options for those who do want to play as a large group, opposed to low manning.

I never said Dynamis was hard... It required more than 6 people to do a full clear efficiently/successfully in the past. It was an example, just like how Einherjar required a pt or two for a tier3 clear in most cases and generally most groups couldn't handle Eiherjar w/o an alliance (your average group).
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-29 08:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything alliance oriented sucks simply because of how much of a time sink it is for everyone in it to get anything accomplished. A game shouldn't require 40-50 hours a week to get a single item over the course of months because it drives away subscribers, meaning less money / stagnant growth.

I personally like mythic weapons because you can do a lot of it low-man, it still takes awhile to do, and it seems fun. Biggest issue there is wtf30kalexandrite and most of the weapons suck. But I think the entire idea surrounding mythics is a good idea of how to balance "hard-core" players vs. "casual" players. Relics and empyreans, not so much.

So, introduce long term commitment content while making the game actually playable by casual players. Make challenging 6 person bcnms (Shinryu would have been nice, but brews ruined that.).

My opinion anyway.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7