Does Ffxi Suck Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does ffxi suck now?
Does ffxi suck now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-29 09:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you admit the game had challenge, you seem to toss around your opinion as fact by stating FFXI was easy mode 24/7. There were still challenges and they were a lot more frequent than today. I was just using the w leg logic the same as you used the "why if the game is so easy aren't you maxed out on every job". Can apply the same logic to your w legs, "why if the game was so easy didn't you solo all the fodder NMs, pop gods with bare min and shout zerg Kirin down and lock legs."
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 09:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did solo all of the fodder NMs and pop gods with bare minimum. I just wasn't desperate enough for Wlegs to stomach pickups.

I don't think old FFXI is significantly more challenging than new FFXI - just far more of a timesink. My comment on being maxed on gear was moreso against those who claim new FFXI is stupidly easy, when the people yearning for the old days tend to either suck, be one of those diehard HNM enthusiasts, or long to throw bodies at things.

Only a few individual fights in FFXI are particularly difficult.
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-29 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I did solo all of the fodder NMs and pop gods with bare minimum. I just wasn't desperate enough for Wlegs to stomach pickups.

I don't think old FFXI is significantly more challenging than new FFXI - just far more of a timesink. My comment on being maxed on gear was moreso against those who claim new FFXI is stupidly easy, when the people yearning for the old days tend to either suck, be one of those diehard HNM enthusiasts, or long to throw bodies at things.

Only a few individual fights in FFXI are particularly difficult.
Vrtra? stupid thing is stupid
And no Dasva no legs of W for you D:
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-29 09:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I did solo all of the fodder NMs and pop gods with bare minimum. I just wasn't desperate enough for Wlegs to stomach pickups. I don't think old FFXI is significantly more challenging than new FFXI - just far more of a timesink. My comment on being maxed on gear was moreso against those who claim new FFXI is stupidly easy, when the people yearning for the old days tend to either suck, be one of those diehard HNM enthusiasts, or long to throw bodies at things. Only a few individual fights in FFXI are particularly difficult.
Vrtra? stupid thing is stupid And no Dasva no legs of W for you D:
AGREED!
Dasva is not worthy of w.legs.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 09:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Vrtra is pretty gay yeah. Lowman Rani can be lame without brew, Shinryu can be lame if he decides to use certain TP moves (hi2u Cataclysmic Vortex), etc.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 10:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hey raen... help me get Wlegs please
Raen helped me get mine!! Cat luck to the rescue!!
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-29 10:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe i should get another pair so i has nq xD
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 10:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe i should get another pair so i has nq xD
Lol (well and to make Dasva jealous)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 10:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We're having bad luck on Wlegs atm :( been like 3 pops since last dorp.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-29 10:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Supposed to be adding new hNM's in the major update, so if that was fun to you before, waiting for days on end to get something to pop you can again...

This would be interesting if it was outside abyssea with no atma help. Separate those with skill from those who just key whored.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you see that Slay went 1/1 on wlegs...the luck that dude has is off the charts.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-03-29 10:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said:
Ok, not trolling.

Now that that's been stated, we can move on.

Abyssea has been cool, it completely changed almost every aspect of our beloved game. Leveling will never be the same (yada yada old school exp...no it's not as good, don't pretend it is). End game now is a joke (remember the months it took for your ls to get you [insert item here]? it's easy to get better things in 2days to a week).

I was just looking at a picture on the main page of a monk with a lv90 verethragna, someone had commented "oh look another cookie cutter monk". Well...yeah it's true. In a game that was once defined on item sets and difficulty it just feels like all the things that made this game really great are gone now. Like everyone having exactly the same armor.

I mean the main tank class in our game, pld, isn't even a tank anymore. It's turned into a joke to most people. Yes, I'm well aware that rdms, brds, and other jobs have been main endgame tanks before, but I think it's easy to understand the point I'm trying to get across.

As I said, I'm not trying to hate on the game that I've loved and played since 2004, but it feels I don't know, sort of empty now.

Seems allot of people are writing the game off before they even complete what it is they are trying to accomplish with FFXI. Last time I checked we are suppose to go from 75~99... and even when that first began people was talking all that jazz about "OMG IM NOT GONNA XP ALL THE WAY TO 99!!!! I'm quitting this game this is stupid" now they give people a much more time conserving way to do things and also balance the game out a bit, and now it's like giving SE the benefit of the doubt is a crime even though they gave the "lessers" the ability to feel like one of the "elites". Idk I can only speak for myself when I say I think they will really come threw in the end. You guys should try to wait and see instead of finding something to complain about from day to day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 10:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Supposed to be adding new hNM's in the major update, so if that was fun to you before, waiting for days on end to get something to pop you can again...
This would be interesting if it was outside abyssea with no atma help. Separate those with skill from those who just key whored.
I key ***'d plenty and I have plenty of "skill" are you telling me that if you key ***'d it automatically makes you a bad player?

Because wacking the same mob over and over again creates this skill?

Because afking for the whole pt near the dominion ops dude creates skill?

Shitty players will always be shitty regaurdless of how they lvl'd and the same goes for good players.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-03-29 10:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I didn't like it when they adjusted CoP missions down (the first time) so that people who complained those were too hard to complete could finish them.

2) I didn't like it too much when they decreased the amount of xp needed (past 60 iirc) to level because people complained it was too hard.

3) I did like level sync because that gave some options when camps sucked at certain levels....I didn't like people level syncing for 50 levels but you can always kick asshats/leaches from your parties.

1 and 2 I didn't like because there were no tangible rewards for having completed/leveled the "hard" way. But guess what, there is no tangible rewards for a video game. Play the game to have fun. If you aren't having fun don't play the game.

If SE has shown us anything over the past years it's that they will make adjustments to the game. Whether you will like those or not, well they don't cater to "you" they cater to the majority. They will probably add something more "hnm" because people have been asking about it....or making threads about it.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-29 11:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:

the japs already beat them, look it up on their wikis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 11:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't worked out why people want them to add things to the game which reduce the time you spend playing the game (ie HNM).
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-29 11:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I did solo all of the fodder NMs and pop gods with bare minimum. I just wasn't desperate enough for Wlegs to stomach pickups. I don't think old FFXI is significantly more challenging than new FFXI - just far more of a timesink. My comment on being maxed on gear was moreso against those who claim new FFXI is stupidly easy, when the people yearning for the old days tend to either suck, be one of those diehard HNM enthusiasts, or long to throw bodies at things. Only a few individual fights in FFXI are particularly difficult.
Vrtra? stupid thing is stupid And no Dasva no legs of W for you D:
AGREED!
Dasva is not worthy of w.legs.
:'(. Well I guess some day I'll be able to solo it...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-29 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I still haven't worked out why people want them to add things to the game which reduce the time you spend playing the game (ie HNM).
because they have other things to do, like digest the food they ate while fighting the HNMs
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 11:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Because waiting 30min~1hour is what builds skill in this game..Raen how did you not know this.

I use to love HNM the thrill of claim/killing was something that I looked forward too. However now that I don't do it anymore, I am not excited to do it again. I seriously hope they come up with a new way to do HNM..the old way needs to stay old and dead.
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-03-29 11:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

I'd have to disagree with the "strategy only being important at high levels of play" in FPS games bit of this. Tactical smart play is one of the biggest things; far more important than a fast/precise aim or quick reflexes in my opinion.
I'll have to disagree with you there. My fast reflexes and precise aiming more than make up for people using strategy (camping, 'cheater' weapons, etc) and most weeks I stay ranked in the top 1000 in the world. If I were to employ any of these tactics as opposed to running around like a madman at full speed, I would gain some k/d ratio, but move up in the ranks marginally.

The two (skill and knowledge) are separate entities of which are both relevant; and, depending on 1) the task at hand 2) the presence (or lack-thereof) of each, are weighted accordingly.
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-29 11:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Is this a serious question? Maybe because FFXI is designed to be a time-sink more so than other MMOs out there and at times it can be pretty ridiculous, especially the older content.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-03-29 11:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Is this a serious question? Maybe because FFXI is designed to be a time-sink more so than other MMOs out there and at times it can be pretty ridiculous, especially the older content.

I think he meant the amount of time you spent waiting around for hnm's to pop, you weren't actually playing the game during those times. HNM: Window OPEN > window closed = afk until next window.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 12:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

I'd have to disagree with the "strategy only being important at high levels of play" in FPS games bit of this. Tactical smart play is one of the biggest things; far more important than a fast/precise aim or quick reflexes in my opinion.
I'll have to disagree with you there. My fast reflexes and precise aiming more than make up for people using strategy (camping, 'cheater' weapons, etc) and most weeks I stay ranked in the top 1000 in the world. If I were to employ any of these tactics as opposed to running around like a madman at full speed, I would gain some k/d ratio, but move up in the ranks marginally.

The two (skill and knowledge) are separate entities of which are both relevant; and, depending on 1) the task at hand 2) the presence (or lack-thereof) of each, are weighted accordingly.

Camping isn't a strategy. Well, not a very good one unless in some objective based gamemodes and even then it's pretty mediocre. It's all about angle/timing of attacks, feints/decoys, etc.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-29 12:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also Raen can spat his ***about how terribly easy the game was after he used the countless strategies and setups people had perfected over time all he wants. Why didn't you have w legs till after lvl cap? lulz. The game had challenge, you can't argue otherwise. Things were challenging the first time you did them. Just because you did them over and over and perfected a strategy doesn't make them any less challenging overall. The fun part was tweaking your strategy to allow less members and testing yourself/group or trying new methods to see if you could down it faster.

How is that any different from Abyssea besides brews?

People got rocked all over the place by Ironclads early on, the first few Glavoids were zombie fests, I still see people wipe to Rani/Apademak/Azdaja on a regular basis. ***, I saw a WHM/MNK/NIN fail zombie the Tiger King Hide nm yesterday and an Orthrus despawn. Aside from brewing, terrible people are still terrible, average people are just a little better off.

The mobs aren't hard for the people who know the strats and have basic play skills now, but then again neither were Kirin, Fafnir, or Cerberus. Bad groups threw bodies at them, better groups had bodies around to throw because they were forced to bring them for claims. IMO that's not challenge or enjoyment, it's a waste of people's time. What I hated most about HNMs was wasting hours for people who aren't even needed for the kill, just because you need warm bodies to claim.

Sure you can low man almost all the Abyssea stuff now, but you could lowman most content at 75 as well. Limbus, Sky, Sea, VNM, ZNM, HNMs, and Dyna cities could be done with a single skilled party. Didn't Draylo solo a portion of his Salvage gear?

Abyssea is highly flawed, but it's nonsense to pretend that the old way wasn't also easy, just with more annoyance. New content should not be a step backwards to systems that pretty much everyone hated at the time.

Make new Abyssea style content, keep the mob difficulty tree and gear drops consistent. Drop visitant, atma, cruor buffs and brews. Add a FULLY INSTANCED Ein/Salvage/Limbus style battlefield. Add world roam HNMs with shared drops to the battlefield. That's something for everyone, and the girls can stop crying.
By Derfthegalka 2011-03-29 12:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I TELL YA WUT DANG OLE DIGGITY I STILL NEEDS MAH DAM KAZ KEYS YO! HOWS YA'LL GUNNA HALPS POOR OLE GALKERS LIKE MAYSELFERS WHEN YALL PLAYIN IN ABISEES O_______________O
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-03-29 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Did you see that Slay went 1/1 on wlegs...the luck that dude has is off the charts.
Why thank you. :)
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Why thank you. :)
Did you HQ or NQ?
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-03-29 13:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue + Yellow on Hedjedjet.

Thunder Belt. Cerberus Claw.
No Staff. No +2 items. FML

I dont think FFXI sucks, just the systems need fine tuning >.>