Does Ffxi Suck Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does ffxi suck now?
Does ffxi suck now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 18:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i will never understand why people ever confused the following words

skill - time
difficulty - time available

skill ≠ difficulty ≠ time

It has always been a common misconception amongst the XI community.

An honest and legit suggestion I have for you is that I hear WoW really changed things with their latest add-on content making the game much more time consuming i.e. better suited for dedicated hardcore gamers than it has ever had before, comparisons I've heard from long time XI players.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-03-28 18:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you actually understood what I meant and thanks for your opinions.

Everyone else, I'm glad you were all always the best at this game and never died/wiped to anything since it was all always so easy.

This was stupid to bring up, I knew what I was in for. I just felt like some other people might be feeling the same way about this game.
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-28 18:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ridiculously easy now, but I wouldn't say sucks.
[+]
By blazey 2011-03-28 18:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Carbuncle.Blazer said:
Ok, not trolling.

Now that that's been stated, we can move on.

Abyssea has been cool, it completely changed almost every aspect of our beloved game. Leveling will never be the same (yada yada old school exp...no it's not as good, don't pretend it is). End game now is a joke (remember the months it took for your ls to get you [insert item here]? it's easy to get better things in 2days to a week).

I was just looking at a picture on the main page of a monk with a lv90 verethragna, someone had commented "oh look another cookie cutter monk". Well...yeah it's true. In a game that was once defined on item sets and difficulty it just feels like all the things that made this game really great are gone now. Like everyone having exactly the same armor.

I mean the main tank class in our game, pld, isn't even a tank anymore. It's turned into a joke to most people. Yes, I'm well aware that rdms, brds, and other jobs have been main endgame tanks before, but I think it's easy to understand the point I'm trying to get across.

As I said, I'm not trying to hate on the game that I've loved and played since 2004, but it feels I don't know, sort of empty now.
Seeing as the guy you've quoted has about 300 comments of "how dose u do dat" on random pics, I wouldn't overthink his words. > <

The thread has already answered you adequately. Someone has said "FFXI sucks now" for every month this game has been running. You're just the latest person that's all /shrug

The only picture I've ever quoted asking something was about a .dat?

Yeah sorry, I should have assumed that about the post each month. I meant it as more of a question though, title was definitely not a good choice.
 Asura.Xlide
Server: Asura
user: Xlide
By Asura.Xlide 2011-03-28 18:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say FFXI is now more casual gamer friendly. Which is amazing. I love being able to do things lowman with my ls.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-28 18:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said:
tl;dr version: we are what makes this game great.
This. FFXI as a solo game would be mediocre at best and it's always been that way (actually it would have been worse in the past), it's the people you play it with that make the game fun.
[+]
By Mataniah 2011-03-28 18:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. I miss the little things like 18man alliance for lb and laggy zones everywhere for quick help. How the game has changed now is a new kind of fun. I like the new way but miss the old days.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2011-03-28 18:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

kirin zerg was fun
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-03-28 18:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG! But i miss folding laundry for 3hrs and not claiming a Land King. Gawd, stupid pop/ki NM's now a days.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-28 18:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xlide said:
I'd say FFXI is now entirely casual gamer oriented.

ftfy
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-28 18:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Asura.Xlide said:

ftfy

find me casual gamers with full af3+2 and empyreans etc.

The reason I posted to "hate" is that a lot of people who complain the game is so easy etc lack these things. I lack them too! I don't go around saying the game is too easy though. It's no easier to get gear these days - it's just less time consuming. Time taken is artificial difficulty.

And no, I have never wiped to a HNM except once when MPK'd at Fafnir. Karma struck and made the MPKers wipe to Fafnir at 1% though so it's all good. Game was never hard.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-28 18:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-28 18:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, found the pic.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-28 18:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

The reason I posted to "hate" is that a lot of people who complain the game is so easy etc lack these things. I lack them too! I don't go around saying the game is too easy though. It's no easier to get gear these days - it's just less time consuming. Time taken is artificial difficulty.

And no, I have never wiped to a HNM except once when MPK'd at Fafnir. Karma struck and made the MPKers wipe to Fafnir at 1% though so it's all good. Game was never hard.

To good players, this game was never hard. This has been always true. I've never found this game to be hard, but I'm not delusional enough to ignore the fact that the game has become infinitely easier over the last few updates.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-28 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

More accessible, yes. Easier? I still see idiots wiping to everything. Objectively the game is easier, but comparing the two is irrelevant since you are comparing two very easy things.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-28 19:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
No worries, @ 99 SE will release Shinryu's dad Femuryu who's BCNM is only accessed after completing every quest in game, derp.
Where is it on Wikipedia?
yeah, cz the Japs already beat him
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 19:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

just because someone wipes to something also does not make it "difficult" 9 times out of 10 it just means they were "unaware" of a specific piece of knowledge. Once those same players learn this piece of knowledge or implement the "right" strategy the fights become much more simplistic albeit Absolute Virtue etc.

Most people are not reinventing the wheel while playing XI and a majority of the players even elite players are not the ones discovering the weaknesses or discovering the absolute best way to defeat an NM or make a fight much easier on their own practice through trial and error. This is mostly done by a very exclusive set of players that are first to conquer and have dedicated a vast amount of time with testing etc. Once a secret is out it spreads among the wiki's/BG's and is likely how a majority of the players get this information post KillingIfrit/Alla sites.

Anyways my point is the difference in this game is usually knowledge not skill. Once the player chooses to do the research either in game through trial and error i.e. wiping to an NM the first time and than killing it successfully time later or by talking to people for the best strat or looking up strats/weaknesses online.

On the contrary in an FPS game it's normally skill that separates the vast majority of the players only after separating the highly skilled players do strategies come into play with skill at that tier being pretty close. It's completely different than FFXI, it's all about knowledge and time, skill is a factor but people are only lying to themselves when they pretend it's a big factor in the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-28 19:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
On the contrary in an FPS game it's normally skill that separates the vast majority of the players only after separating the highly skilled players do strategies come into play with skill at that tier being pretty close. It's completely different than FFXI, it's all about knowledge and time, skill is a factor but people are only lying to themselves when they pretend it's a big factor in the game.

I'd have to disagree with the "strategy only being important at high levels of play" in FPS games bit of this. Tactical smart play is one of the biggest things; far more important than a fast/precise aim or quick reflexes in my opinion.

I think FFXI does take skill - a different kind of skill to other games/genres but there is something that isn't just knowledge there.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-28 19:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Asura.Xlide said:

ftfy

just because a game is oriented towards casual gamers doesn't mean that every casual gamer has "beat the game."

the difference between 75 cap and now is that all the best gear in the game is now obtainable by a very small group. and while you can keep throwing around the whole "game was never hard," it did take more effort, if only in manpower per item, to get the best gear. you wouldn't be clearing einherjar with four characters, for example.

it's also not only less time consuming; access to cheap brews is pretty broken imo. any unskilled player can get the best gear in the game, solo. personally i think that says a lot.

i've been confused about this, saying that the game was never hard is a terrible argument for this. less time-consuming in itself IS more casual-gamer oriented. requiring absolutely no skill is more casual-gamer oriented. know that i respect your input on these forums, you're always helpful (even when you're talking about mithra), but i don't see how people can act like the game really hasn't changed much at all, whether for better or for worse. i feel like people take it personally when people mention that the game has changed to cater more to casual gamers. just because people don't already have the best gear in the game doesn't mean it's a lot more likely that they will have it in the near future, compared to what the game was like at 75 cap.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7