Does Ffxi Suck Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does ffxi suck now?
Does ffxi suck now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-29 13:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Then yeah, that is pretty gay luck. I think the blue drop should be 100% with TH and Blue and Gryellow etc butttt this IS SE we're talking about.
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2011-03-29 17:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

when i first played i had alot of free time so i was able to play for long amounts of time as time went on i had less and less time to play , so instead of loosing players that have less time to play , they adjusted the game to help those players out. if you still have a ton of free time to play this game for hours and hours then good for you, if they didn't change this game would be over and no longer running.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-03-29 17:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Did you see that Slay went 1/1 on wlegs...the luck that dude has is off the charts.
Why thank you. :)
Did you HQ or NQ?
HQ. Friend sold me his -1 he had. :D
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-03-29 19:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... ok. So what did you like about dynamis taking 3 months to get you a piece of gear again? Was it that the 2 hours you spent (about) every 3 days mindlessly killing the SAME damn mobs OVER and OVER again? Assaults were pretty cool. The year you took to gather currency legitly for a relic that someone who bought their gil got in a week was fun?

I mean... you're basically just saying "My time spent has to equal THIS much before I think its legit. Everyone who gets their gear in this game fast doesn't deserve it!"

The only thing that REALLY makes this game fun and enjoyable is the extras and the boss bottles. That we now have around a hundred boss battles to play with is pretty fun. ^^ I just wish we had more content to play with, stories to enjoy. Abyssea was great for new toys and battles but really a big ball of crap as far as story goes.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ashiee
Server: Diabolos
user: marihoki
By Diabolos.Ashiee 2011-03-30 06:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, I think Abyssea was a good change that FFXI needed in this point in it's life. The old content was starting to get, just that, old. After doing Dynamis for 5 years, salvage for 2, sea and sky for about five years and camping fafnir and other NMs constantly, after so long you can only take so much of the same redundant things. I quit the game maybe 3-4 months before they announced that they were raising the level cap from 75 to 99, simply because the game really had nothing new and the only reason I came back was because there was something new to look forward to.

Most people who are QQing about how FFXI is changed for the worse are those who spent hours and hours on gear that made them feel special and superior over others. That was one of the great feelings that I know a lot of people had, is getting a rare piece of gear that was ... time consuming to get, that other people who didn't have nearly as much time to spend got. Most of that gear that people spent all those years trying to get, to be crushed by abyssea I know people didn't like. And the fact on top of that there is not many pieces of gear that would make them have that same "I've accomplished something that not many people have" is rarely in the game anymore.

People QQ about the game being to easy, people QQ about the game being to hard. SE can't make everyone happy. Abyssea was a different direction that SE wanted to take people to, and there was a good amount of people that were fine with it.

Who knows though, maybe SE will side with the people thinking this game is to easy, make a bunch of 24 hour world spawn NM's that drop super awesome gear and have people revert back to the old ways of camping for hours on end for a 1% chance of claiming since people are botting anyways <_> That sounds totally fun to.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind SE going back to harder to get items (as long is it's not that world spawn crap, that stuff is horrible) and harder to fight monsters that you actually need an alliance to kill. As long as SE keeps things fun and new, I'll personally be happy.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-30 07:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember the QQ'ing that was going on when SE announced the cap being raised. I remember the QQ'ing over the server merges. All of it. Whitegate shouts were filled with it. I imagine it was the same across all servers. However, what SE did, was give an even playing field. No more need to enslave yourself to an "end-game" ls for years for a couple pieces of Nash or Homam gear, and if you're lucky, a sea torque. No more need to spend inummerable hours camping an NM just to watch it get bot claimed by RMT's or a rival ls. No more need to spend all your rl money buying gil to buy items that are easily had anymore.
The aftermath left the Whitegate and Jueno zones clean of the QQ'ing shouts; the "Woe is me". Abbysea made everyone a pro. I agree with Ashiee in that it'd be nice to see SE revert to some real challenges, but I imagine that SE already has something in store for us. Many things in fact. I was here when it began and I have enough faith that SE won't let us down that I'll be here when it ends.
[+]
 Caitsith.Albelnox
Server: Caitsith
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-03-31 01:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Did you see that Slay went 1/1 on wlegs...the luck that dude has is off the charts.
Why thank you. :)
Did you HQ or NQ?
HQ. Friend sold me his -1 he had. :D

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
 Sylph.Ascher
user: Ascher
By Sylph.Ascher 2011-03-31 01:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my interruption I was paying a visit to my old favorite website but did I read correctly, 75 in one day? Can someone, in a nutshell, state the changes cuz some of them sound awesome and nice for people who don't have much time to play.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-31 01:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a new system of exp available from level 30+ which can give you unparalleled amounts of exp/hr, exceeding 200k/hr at the top end.

Lower levels receive reduced exp to begin with but can eventually build to 600xp/kill (and bear in mind these mobs can be hunted by an alliance with NO exp penalty). This combined with a few other things results in crazy fast levelling.
 Sylph.Ascher
user: Ascher
By Sylph.Ascher 2011-03-31 01:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Raen been a long time! Your looking nicely geared hehe. I've never forgotten about the game but, the time consumption was always getting me with bad grades in college and I work a lot. It sounds so much fun to walk through old areas and kill things at 90 you couldn't before lol...

It sounds more casual and fun though...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-31 02:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheers >;3 and yeah, nowadays you play the game - it doesn't play you. Much more fun!
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2011-03-31 03:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

iv not read through the already 7 pages of this but to the guy who started this, i think final fantasy is better than ever, yeah i miss assault and the joy of working hard for all the shiny gear, but what jobs did you have leveled before abyssea?

i had DRG RNG SAM BLM WAR BLU

out of those jobs guess how many i got to play with for anything i did?
it was SAM or gtfo, but now i can do an abyssea run and they tell me to come BLU or RNG (infact iv not even had to touch SAM and iv been back 4 months) maybe it sucks for all those people who loved jobs which was king of everything before, but now people can play anyjob and still be good. maybe its easier but thats also a good thing, IF you think its to easy, dont bring an alliance to go and kill w/e NM your after, just solo it or duo it, play around with atmas to pull off all kinds of different strategies to do your fights. and another great thing is people who just start out dont have to waste years grinding and can focus on the actual fun of the game which is boss fights and killing NM's.

so yeah..... i dont think FFXI sucks
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7