Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-08-09 01:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

AHA, YES MY BROTHER!

THE HUNT!

Btw, Savage Feeding is going to be your most favorite thing ever. I literally was stuck as a werewolf for like..almost 24hrs straight of just waiting. c.c
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-09 01:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-08-09 01:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like I've said before, it's better to have the blood all over you, than inside you D:<

..the meat on the other hand though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-28 11:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

New Skyrim DLC: Hearthfire!

Design, build, and maintain your own home!
Adopt children!
Put them to work! I mean, raise them!

Available on Xbox LIVE September 4th. PC and PS3 to be announced.
Link: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1225891p1.html
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-28 12:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

wut
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-28 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-08-28 12:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to get Dawnguard but I am curious about something. With all the stuff they added to the werewolf, did they make him not so weak?

In my current game, if I transform into a werewolf, enemies that weren't hurting me at all in my human form can basically one shot me in werewolf form. As it stands, only ghost/spectral and crystal dragons can actually kill me with x4 difficulty on, however if I go werewolf even mere Ancient dragons hurt. Might as well forget mages, they one shot me in werewolf form, but in human form they are a joke.
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-08-28 19:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't drastically increase their strength, but they did buff them quite a bit that it's worth using if you want to have some fun.

To get an idea.

The increased Totem of Terror isn't too much better, because it still got resisted by higher level creatures, at least by a very high amount.

Savage Feeding is the best thing ever., ever, on that tree. Can basically be infinite Werewolf if you wanted to, no joke.

But the the point, in terms of defense, you only get Animal Vigor(+100HP/Stam), which isn't much. You still don't get any defense, but if you have a surplus of dead bodies around, Gorging actually heals a lot if you need it.

tl;dr: I played it on Apprentice/Adept and did fairly well without a problem really, but I didn't really try Expert/Master difficulty, so I couldn't tell you if you wanted to play serious.

Also, I have my own custom soundtrack when I kill ***, because it makes me better at killing ***, basically.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2012-08-28 19:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
OMG <3
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-28 19:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats one thing I hate Bethesda for. Selling out to Micro$oft for XBOX exclusives.
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-08-28 19:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as I can actually buy all the stuff for it, or make rather. Stupid houses keep glitching and I can't get all the add-ons apparently :<!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-28 20:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Thats one thing I hate Bethesda for. Selling out to Micro$oft for XBOX exclusives.
There are so many PS3 exclusive games, I really enjoy xbox getting exclusive content now and then :\
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-28 20:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

XBOX has a large amount of exclusives too... besides it isn't even about PS3, I play Skyrim on PC.
 Fenrir.Almiise
Server: Fenrir
user: Almiise
By Fenrir.Almiise 2012-08-28 20:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh woah.
By Enuyasha 2012-09-05 14:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm late to the skilling up magics convention >_> where can i find some sources on how to level some of the magics quickly. I usually spam on Lydia for some skills like Illusion and restoration but Restoration seems so slow spamming healing hands.

Halp would be appreciated D:
By Zephin 2012-09-05 14:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
I'm late to the skilling up magics convention >_> where can i find some sources on how to level some of the magics quickly. I usually spam on Lydia for some skills like Illusion and restoration but Restoration seems so slow spamming healing hands.

Switch to the sign that gives you mp from magic dmg. Stand in a dwarf fire trap rubber band controller for restoration.
By Artemicion 2012-09-05 14:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question but do you think Hearthfire will make it to PC?
I know Sony and Bethesda are having "technical" difficulties with each other in making Dawnguard and Hearthfire available for PS3, so I can't hold my breath on that one.
By Enuyasha 2012-09-05 15:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephin said: »
Enuyasha said: »

Switch to the sign that gives you mp from magic dmg. Stand in a dwarf fire trap rubber band controller for restoration.

Artemicion said: »
Dumb question but do you think Hearthfire will make it to PC?
I know Sony and Bethesda are having "technical" difficulties with each other in making Dawnguard and Hearthfire available for PS3, so I can't hold my breath on that one.
I wouldn't hold your breath for to long :<

PC might be a couple of weeks/months later than xbox :?
By Artemicion 2012-09-05 15:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant holding my breath for PS3 release. I hate being pessimistic but I don't see a viable solution coming through for Sony any time soon; and even with it's eventual release, it'll likely be too late in terms of sales and expectations.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-30 22:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

WALL-O-TEXT AHMAIGAWDLOOKAWAY
(Also, yes, I'm well aware that the Lightning mod is old. But I just got the PC version because I gave up on my PS3 ever getting Dawnguard. And my friend showed me these mods.)

"The Storm is Here"
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim; Lightning Playthrough

Requires...
  1. PC version of Skyrim

2. Lightning mod (http://www.mediafire.com/?60tbc15fzcy5cx0)

----This file contains the Lightning head mod (Nord Female only), Blazefire Saber (replaces the look of Daedric Sword) and a maid outfit (because the person who made this was Japanese. And male. You do the math.)
----The Final Fantasy XIII-2 armor for Lightning can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/?kn1i802w38914i9.

Installing Mods (Through Steam)
  1. Download both .rar files.

2. In the .rar file "FF13雷霆吊带黑丝(lightning mod skyrim)", open the "FF13雷霆吊带黑丝" folder inside it, then double click on "ff13 lightning head : 1889121+.7z" and "Lightningsword.7z"

3. In the Lightning head zip folder, click until you have "meshes" and "textures" file folders. Extra both of them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data. These folders will act as your base folders for other mods also. That is all that is needed to load the head mod.

4. Sword next. Open the Lightningsword file inside the zip. Click on the data folder when its shown. Open the first folder, meshes, and extract the "weapons" folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes. Back up to the previous file in zip and open textures. Extract folder 1889121 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\textures. That is all you need for the sword.

5. For the armor, open the zip folder from the provided link. Extract LightningArmor13-2.esp to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data. Place the armor folders inside of the meshes and textures folder into the appropriate folders already in your skyrim data.

Once you start up your game and get to the character creation screen, you'll have to pick Nord Female. Pick Nord > Female, then scroll over to Hair. You will want the second option for hair. Move over to the mouth section, and go to lip color. Move the cursor to YOUR left once. That will give you your Lightning Face. (Eyes are already blue. Feel free to change w/e you want on her though.)

When you get your hands unbound inside the keep, press the ~ button on your keyboard. This will open the console command. Type in "help Lightning 4" then use the page up button on your keyboard until you locate the pieces. The armor mod includes Lightning's Armor, Lightning's Gloves, Lightning's Boots, and Lightning's Skimpy Armor(pervs). All heavy armor. They have the same armor rating as Dragonbone Armor, but the armor rating is low anyway without the skill/heavy armor perks. Its far from game breaking to have that armor that early in the game. After that, type in..

player.additem <code here> 1. 1 means it will give you 1 piece of the armor. The first digits of the code very between computers (I think...?) but here are the codes. (xx=personal code for your copy)

xx000D66 1 = Armor
xx000D67 = Gloves
xx000D68 = Boots
xx000D69 = Skimpy Armor (Get it? 69? Skimpy? No? Get off the internet, 12 year old.)

As for the sword, you're going to have to "help "Daedric Sword" 4" and find the code that way, then "player.additem <code here> 1". The base DMG without any perks is 14, where a Steel Sword is 11. So, again, you're not overpowered.

And that's that. Now you're Lightning. And, like any other skyrim file, you can play as you want. But I went ahead and made some playthrough rules for Lightning if anyone else wants to use them.

How to Lightning; Skyrim
Lightning has the ability to adapt to most situations. This is due to her Paradigm Shift. Her first three roles in FF13 and only roles in Dissidia: 012 were COM(attacker) RAV(offensive magic/attacks) and MED(healing). To play along with this, your main weapon is going to be one-handed (your Daedric Sword/Blazefire Saber). In your offhand, you're either going to have it empty (allowing you to block with your sword), have some type of destructive magic in it (will get into details of what that entitles later) or healing magic. Let's focus on each role separately so you have a better understanding of it.

Commando
The Commando role is able to pump out damage, normally faster than the Ravanger. In Commando mode, you only have your sword. You really have no defense save for blocking with said sword. But you do have potions to burn through. Hotkey those babies and mash that attack button, cause you're making it rain bodies baby.
Due to the fact that your Gunblade won't morph into a ranged weapon (I wish there was a Gunblade mod for crossbow D:), Bows and Crossbows are allowed for flying enemies and sneak attacks. I say sneak attack because your armor is going to make way too much noise early on to get close enough to swing at an enemy.

Ravager
Sword in one hand, Magic in the other. While in Final Fantasy XIII, you couldn't technically "attack" without an elemental strike ability, Dissidia 012 allowed for you to attack with your gunblade, then swapping to magic attacks. In the case of Skyrim, you could be attacking with both sword and magic (flames/frostbite/shock). Or just have a spell primed while slashing away, then finishing the enemy off with that spell.
Now, Skyrim only has three elements of Destructive Magic; Fire, Ice and Thunder. In Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning could use all of the Thunder spells, then only use Fire/Fira, Blizzard/Blizzara, Water/Watera, and Aero/Aerora. Because of this, Lightning in Skyrim is allowed to learn all of the Thunder spells in Skyrim. However, she is limited to only using Flames/Firebolt/Fireball and Frostbite/Ice Needle/Ice Storm. (You can learn all the spells, but you can't use all of the Fire/Ice spells in battle. And, if we're comparing Skyrim spells to Final Fantasy spells, Fireball and Ice Storm are technically Firaga and Blizzaga; which Lightning couldn't use in FF13. These are allowed to make up for the missing Water/Aero spells.)
In the case of Illusion/Alteration magic, I consider those roles of a SYN/SAB. And this playthrough is limiting Lightning only to COM/RAV/MED. You can use these spells outside of battle (Muffle/Invisibility is okay anytime as a Deceptisol item. Fear is acceptable for a "Flee from Battle" effect.) You cannot go into a fight with a "flesh" spell currently active. "But how will I skillz up wwww?!" Transmute Iron Ores or Telekinesis stuff. All that said, Soul Trap is acceptable during battle since you may need to charge a soul gem for an enchanted weapon.

Medic
Medics heal. Obviously. >_> In Dissidia, Lightning was allowed to attack while in Medic mode. So this is allowed in Skyrim. However, the only spells Lightning could cast in both Dissidia and Final Fantasy XIII were Cure and Cura(Raise and Esuna are obviously omitted due to no spell in Skyrim having their effects. "Raise Dead!" That turns them into a Zombie, then they turn to ASHES. No. Bad healer.) Which would technically be Fast Healing and Close wounds. (The first Healing spell is more of a Regen type deal because of a it curing an amount of HP per second.) Since that kinda gimps it, and those spells can't be used on NPCs/Followers, the following restoration spells are considered the equivalent of these final fantasy spells:

Healing = Regen
Fast Healing = Cure
Healing Hands = Cure (targeting a party member)
Close Wounds = Cura
Heal Other = Cura (targeting a party member)
Grand Healing = Curaga

Allowing Grand Healing due to being only area of effect healing spell, where as Cura was AoE in 13.

Wards I consider Alternation despite them being under Restoration; they provide a "Protect/Shell" effect. MED could not buff the party in FF13. Turn Undead could be taken as a Deceptisol exclusive to Undead, but Muffle/Invisible cover that effect imo... Or a "Flee from Battle" exclusive to Undead. Player choice.

If anyone has questions/comments/suggestions, let me know on here. In case anyone is wondering, my perks are going to be this here. I was going to go every 10 levels do HP+40/Stamina+30/Magicka+30. Which, at Level 81, would be 420 HP and 340 Stamina/MP.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-10-14 05:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the double post... And if this was posted before, but been 15 days since my last post so figured I'd just go ahead and make a new one.

Here's a mod PC gamers might enjoy if they're done with listening to the guards and their knee injuries...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-10-14 05:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the "Some gate guard you are!" bit
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-10-16 20:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible Skyrim Expansion Files Found in 1.8 — October 16, 2012

In what is becoming a bit of trend when it comes to Skyrim expansions, files found in the recent 1.8 patch allude to a possible expansion to the latest installment of the Elder Scrolls franchise. In a thread posted in the Bethesda Softworks Forums, a user reports that files found in the beta update suggest the new expansion will be called "Dragonborn", will involve the player traveling to Solstheim (the location of the previous expansion Bloodmoon for Morrowind), and will include certain new content like dragon mounts, new armor, magic usable on mounts, and new creatures. While it has not been confirmed as of now, a trademark on the name Dragonborn for ZeniMax Media Inc. issued on September 25th, 2012 may lend support to these rumors. Bethesda has so far not made any comment on the leak.
--
I bet it wont be released on PS3 ever.
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-10-16 20:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I get so see my Bloodmoon brethren?

As Dawnguard revolved around Vampires, I can see this one being the... opposite.

But just talking out of my ***~
By Ophannus 2012-10-16 21:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want spears so I can RP as a Dragoon already. So dumb that an RPG revolving around Dragons and Dragon Warriors has are no goddamn spears.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-10-16 21:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I care not what weapon I can wield, as long as I can tear flesh/scale/meat from bone, it will suffice.
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2012-10-18 20:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

so i decided to boot up skyrim after a while (im on the ps3)

AND they still havent made a patch to fix the game freezing when going in deep water???? seriously? wtf its been months
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178