Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I might just do that. I heard there's a hardcore mode.

I wouldn't play it any other way, to be honest.

The game feels so much more 'RPG' than either Oblivion or Fallout 3, it's really great, yet somehow subtle. You could play the game without even knowing anything more than say, higher skill = Good.

The Companions, while dumb as a brick in terms of AI, are much more compelling too, Veronica will probably get on your nerves though. Craige Boone and Rose of Sharon Cassidy are the stand-outs. There's some other interesting people too, I won't spoil them, because they have some interesting "No ***rallY?!" moments.

I might ask for it for christmas... I know it's illogical, but you don't know whether Dog Meat is in it do you?

Pretty sure he's not. Marcus is though, I thought that was pretty cool. (Don't consider that a spoiler, cause he's been in screenshots pre-release)
By Enternius 2010-12-11 21:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dog Meat was in Fallout 3, and there's a new dog called Rex in New Vegas.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Fallout2 as well. A reference of Dogmeat may have been Hidden in New Vegas somewhere, but obviously the furry canine won't be nomming any super mutants (Which I'm happy to report, are Green, and not piss-yellow) at your side, for this outing.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 21:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Enternius said:

Fallout2 as well. A reference of Dogmeat may have been Hidden in New Vegas somewhere, but obviously the furry canine won't be nomming any super mutants (Which I'm happy to report, are Green, and not piss-yellow) at your side, for this outing.

Dogmeat was in Fallout 1, 2, and 3. Sheesh.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Enternius said:

Nobody cares about Fallout 1 though. Well, except nostalgiafags.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 21:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Enternius said:

1 was better than 2 in a lot of regards >_> It actually has challenge in it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Enternius said:

It lacked the depth to hook me, granted I played 2 before 1, and I didn't give 1 much chance.

Either way, just because something is old, or 'challenging' doesn't make it good. For Example, Contra sucks. It's just a trial and error memory test, no greater than that Simon game.

I'm always looking forward, since dwelling on old ***is how republicans are made, and we don't need anymore of them.

Seriously though, I hope Bethesda learned from Oblivion's many failings, and does the series it's due justice, seriously lacking since Morrowind.

I've heard rumors that they created their own in-house engine for this, if that's true, that's a start.

Extremely Important Edit: Golden Bat is a ***-drenched testicle wart.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 21:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Enternius said:

It lacked the depth to hook me, granted I played 2 before 1, and I didn't give 1 much chance.

Either way, just because something is old, or 'challenging' doesn't make it good. For Example, Contra sucks. It's just a trial and error memory test, no greater than that Simon game.

Well, they're both good. Biggest downside to 1 is that if you don't use a guide, you may just straight up have to start over because of the initial time limit (which was removed (although they still act like there is one) in 2). Just playing through them initially was so much fun.

So, I'd recommend playing 1 for a little bit =P It is really good, and the story is pretty decent. Granted, the deathclaws in that certain area (not saying cause it's a spoiler) in 2 was just heart-wrenching.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 22:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, twenty-minutes in, I forgot what a Water Chip even was.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 22:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

And in 2, you find over 9000 water chips /cry. So cruel.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 22:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

And in 2, you find over 9000 water chips /cry. So cruel.

And in 3-NewVegas, you man up, and drink from the brahmin ***-encrusted puddles on the ground.

One thing I kinda don't like about 3-NV though, while on the subject of Brahmin ***, was how minuscule the Drug-use and withdrawl penalties were. It's kind of funny in an ironic sense, especially after the Australian Classification board fiasco. They wind up making the chems much more beneficial because it was "Too realistic" or some Political speak for "Ur killing r childrenz"
 Fenrir.Shallow
Server: Fenrir
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-12-11 22:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How about the parents not buy the game for their kids? >_>
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-12-11 22:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** love oblivion and can't wait.
Fallout series was really good too but i always preferred oblivion just because i'm more into the whole "medieval" and "sword-bearing" eras opposed to guns and lazerz lol.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-12-12 10:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

zicdeh i completely agree with you. what they need to do is remake esIII but with the oblivion engine. and cut out fast travel x3 i have over 800 hours on one character and i still have large areas of the main island that are unexplored.

and i think i speak for everyone when i say.

*** CLIFFRACERS DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2010-12-12 11:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
who else rubberbanded the controller and swam into a wall to skillup in morrowind?!?!?!

Ha. No what I did after first play through was make a character with unarmoured, light, med, and heavy armour skills then go join the wars guild where the first quest was killing rats in someones house. Just put the inf hp cheat on then went to the pub. Came back to level 30 lol.

Oh, and @ the suggestion of remaking morrowind with oblivion engine. Stuff that, let's see a remake of daggerfall. So far from linear gameplay it was crazy. 'the kingsos dead you say? Hmm, I think the best thing to do here is ignore this and go catch vampirism and lycanthrophy. See you in 4 months'. 'really?' 'yes'. Epic
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-12-12 11:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Very excited spent a long time on oblivion and would still gladly do so
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-12 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate learning about games that I badly want a year or more before they're going to be out.. I mean like God of War 3, I knew was coming, it's pretty damn evident at the end of 2, so for something like that I want a date, so I know how long I have to wait.. But I don't really follow The Elder Scrolls series, so I had no clue a fifth was coming, but now I do =/
 Asura.Scottieboy
By Asura.Scottieboy 2010-12-12 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG!! Elder Scrolls V!! i been waiting for this, played oblivion so much!

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I hate learning about games that I badly want a year or more before they're going to be out.. I mean like God of War 3, I knew was coming, it's pretty damn evident at the end of 2, so for something like that I want a date, so I know how long I have to wait.. But I don't really follow The Elder Scrolls series, so I had no clue a fifth was coming, but now I do =/

I agree =[ Nov 11 2011 is too far away!! how dare they do this to us =[ i suspected this tho, wen beth said they wasnt working on Fallout: New Vegas, and that they had "other things to do" ...!
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-12 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone played two worlds 2? its like oblivion but with better graphics, it feels so european i downloaded the iso for pc version ,it's really good
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-12-12 14:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ecstatic at this announcement. =)
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-12 14:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't feel they re-captured the adventure feel from Morrowind with Oblivion, hard to explain really. Though I can't wait for this one, but ugh one year wait fffffff.

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
anyone played two worlds 2? its like oblivion but with better graphics, it feels so european i downloaded the iso for pc version ,it's really good

I haven't played the second one, but the first was barely better than E.T. Hated it.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-12 15:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i kinda liked two worlds :s it was atleast on par with oblivion.. no morrowind for sure but it wasnt an awful game by any means.. it was an incredibly large game
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-12 15:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
i kinda liked two worlds :s it was atleast on par with oblivion.. no morrowind for sure but it wasnt an awful game by any means.. it was an incredibly large game

I used to play two worlds 1 for hours on end, had a lot of fun, my main char was a SMN type too lol. I basically had like 6-7 summons doing all the fighting for me, while I used fire wall spell to "lose hate" off of enemies that were attacking me.

Once I found the spell that doubled the amount of minions summoned...Nothing could stop me >:D
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2010-12-12 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

To max my sneak, I auto-walked while crouched in a corner above a lday inside an inn. XD
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2010-12-12 15:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lady*
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-12 15:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

*** yea Elder Scrolls, can't wait
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-12 16:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Despite Oblivion being the blandest piece of ***ever, Elderscrolls as a series has a pretty awesome setting, complete with elves that aren't completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of their pirates.

Morrowind was bland aswell, I like that game and still have it on my pc, but I've started it 3 times and never completed it, the story just took so damn long to unfold and provided no impact. Kind of just felt like aimlessly running around with too many pointless distractions that had nothing at all to do with the story.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-12 16:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Despite Oblivion being the blandest piece of ***ever, Elderscrolls as a series has a pretty awesome setting, complete with elves that aren't completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of their pirates.

Morrowind was bland aswell, I like that game and still have it on my pc, but I've started it 3 times and never completed it, the story just took so damn long to unfold and provided no impact. Kind of just felt like aimlessly running around with too many pointless distractions that had nothing at all to do with the story.

UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO REAL LIFE AND NOT A HORRIBLY SCRIPTED LINEAR STORY

DO NOT WANT
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-12 17:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:

UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO REAL LIFE AND NOT A HORRIBLY SCRIPTED LINEAR STORY

DO NOT WANT

Lol'd
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-12 17:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO REAL LIFE AND NOT A HORRIBLY SCRIPTED LINEAR STORY DO NOT WANT

/slap.

Ok so maybe my initial post was a bit of a rant, let me explain. The game was very good, just felt a bit stale, like nothing was going on, almost as if you were playing through a picture book. For instance the thousands of NPCs in the game would never be doing anything even in the shops or their own homes but standing there. It is insanely impressive in terms of exploration, but besides pretty landscapes the dungeons and caves are pretty much all the same.

In my opinion, all that freedom to do whatever you like provides too many choices, I mean from the moment you are spat out the census office you can completely ignore the storyline and go for a swim or pick some mushrooms lol, there is pretty much no direction whatsoever, no incentive to crack on with the storyline, because the entire map and pretty much every item is available right from the start if you go and look for it. Also the lack of cutscenes, FMV and new areas as the story progresses makes the plot feel kinda redundant. I still like it though =)