Is FFXIV Really That Disappointing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is FFXIV Really that Disappointing?
Is FFXIV Really that Disappointing?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-13 18:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
I just started 14 I'm not seeing the terrible lag people are talking about and i'm playing max settings...so I assume the terrible lag is from weaker pc's...to be honest its way better than 11 the new battle system alone is hott imo.. I do agree it would of been nicer for more content gear NM's ect...but no one is even lv 50 yet...I'll stay until ps3 release to see the finished product but I think they gave us plenty of stuff to do until then. This is a more of a solo friendly game and crafts are jobs now. I think they intended people to lv a few craft jobs along with magic and melee jobs to really become self sufficient...so by the time I lv about 3 crafts to 50 and about another 3 Melee/magic jobs to 50 the ps3 release will be out...only real problem I see atm is the bazzar/search. I think no AH is good but there needs to be a better way to find items to buy then there currently is....all and all its a decent game so far and is way better than 11 even in its unfinished form lol

Edit: for those saying its going to die soon I really find that hard to believe when population on all the servers are increasing everyday in spike of all the bad pub 14 is getting.
Out of curiosity are you playing in Japan?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-13 18:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
...but no one is even lv 50 yet...
Our first player dinged level 50 on ffxivpro.com last night.

Took just under 3 weeks.
By Artemicion 2010-10-13 18:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That picture makes me a sad panda...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-10-13 19:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, there are issues involved with XIV (menu/battle lag), but I've been playing since I got it Friday evening, defineitly been worth every penny I've spent so far. And hopefully SE will get the issues fixed that many people are complaining about. I'll probably admit as well the PC I'm using atm, is meeting most min requirements to run XIV, and it runs pretty smoothing at standard settings. Can't wait til I get the new computer I ordered, gonna be a lot better hopefully :D

I know a lot of people are gonna hate on XIV (especially from the reviews, I was skeptical myself when I saw it at the store and was hesitant to buy it myself), but don't look back, and with the issues at hand atm, its not terrible, yes there is room for improvement, if I remember right, XI had its issues as well. Just have to give it time really
By Nabis 2010-10-13 20:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XIV Online Review
By Rory Manion | Oct 11, 2010
A bold step backwards.

Grind crafting, grind monsters, grind menus, grind patience, and finally, grind the logout button

*** lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-13 20:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
*** lol

Like you?
By Nabis 2010-10-13 20:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Nabis said:
*** lol
Like me?

fixed
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-10-13 20:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i could be wrong (havent played ffxi pre ps2 release) but didnt XI kinda suck/really nothing to do before ps2 release aka: zilart content? it was just run around, talk to people & lv to cap which was 50?

SE loves repetition... so maybe ps3 release they will add advance jobs and expansion content >.>;
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-13 20:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV turned my friend into a crack addicted man ***. He's in prison for beating up a cop because he thought the cop stole his crushed crystals.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-13 20:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Nabis said:
*** lol
Like you?
I'm gonna go tweak my 3 hit Nana build guys, then we're gonna go get EXP from turtles at 1,200 exp per kill.
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
Server: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-13 20:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Every MMO sucks when it first comes out, they all get bad reviews b/c they are all released as unfinished products.... Now paying 50 bucks, and paying monthly well they fix bugs, and game mechanic's isn't right, this is what everyone is pissed off about, you would think that a company that has run an MMO for years would know better, hell you would think they would learn after they seen battlehammer, AoC, and AION all do the same thing, and in the end fail to make a blockbuster game despite all there potential. Yes there are alot of bugs, yes the game lacks content, and yes the game is unfinished, and your expected to pay full price to play the game which will be half the price it is now in six months, and will have alot of it's bugs/problems fixed........ hopefully.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2010-10-13 20:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole "didn't XI suck when it started too?" thing doesn't hold weight anymore.

Mainly because 8 years of XI should have taught them something, When they make the same mistakes over and over again they deserve to fail.

Personal opinion: i hope they manage to stay afloat and fix the game so that it attracts a good audience. I just fear it is going to take them a year =/

tldr: SE needs to learn how to finish a product quickly and correctly.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-10-13 21:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Nabis said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Nabis said:
*** lol
Like you?
I'm gonna go tweak my 3 hit Nana build guys, then we're gonna go get EXP from turtles at 1,200 exp per kill.
lol
 Asura.Zantok
Server: Asura
user: Zantok
By Asura.Zantok 2010-10-13 21:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a new MMO, it has a excuse to be bad...

Taking that into account.

It's still terrible.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-13 21:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

11 sucked *** at the start, people are just too busy comparing 14 to 11. I'm pretty sure if you have some1 that never played 11 play 14, they'll enjoy it.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-13 21:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
11 sucked *** at the start, people are just too busy comparing 14 to 11. I'm pretty sure if you have some1 that never played 11 play 14, they'll enjoy it.

no i really don't think so

Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-13 21:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

iono why people are so anal about 14. I play 11 and 14 was great, maybe i just have a better tolerance, or ppl are butthurt.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-13 21:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
iono why people are so anal about 14. I play 11 and 14 was great, maybe i just have a better tolerance, or ppl are butthurt.

People had high hopes of a finished game with content and no bugs on release since SE said they learned from their mistake but ended up with something that looks like FF11 on release and maybe worse.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-13 21:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Because programming a MMORPG is cake.
 Bismarck.Osaia
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-10-13 21:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I played for a few days, but I just couldn't get into it. I tried, honestly. It ran fine on my machine, and the graphics, they were drool worthy....but the game lacked "fun". And with all the lag and slow menus. It needs much work.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-13 21:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

ok that was a ace reply >.> *sigh*

Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-13 21:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I played alpha and beta, i submitted all the bugs i found. I mean I don't know what people expect from a new MMO. Rainbows and fairies.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-13 21:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
I played alpha and beta, i submitted all the bugs i found. I mean I don't know what people expect from a new MMO. Rainbows and fairies.

A playable game. With a economy and exp syst that isn't half HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-13 21:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Even in testing i thought the game to be pretty good, had problems everywhere but gameplay was pretty decent. I don't think 13/mo is really worth it, maybe 5bucks but all and all, it's a good game.
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-13 22:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well even though the game is live you are still testing it, I'm right with you with the notion that programing an MMO is probably very hard, and I expected the game to be crap when it first came out, but i'm sure you can also understand that other people that have never played an MMO from launch expect more from a game they just spent 50 bucks on, and compareing 11 to 14 is very fair, we're talking about a game that is already installed on your PC, and runs very well, has plenty of content, and cost the same price monthly as a game that you just spent 50 bucks on, doesn't run very well, is filled with bugs, and lacks content. Why is it so bad to compare them? You are after all playing ether game for it's entertainment value, not b/c it's new, or b/c you want to support the company. it really does come down to what you want to play, and i'm sure there are alot of people out there that like 14, but I can honestly say i'm sticking with 11 till they fix some stuff, and they release content.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-13 22:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The single biggest problem that Final Fantasy XIV had was that its beta phase didn't even allow people to submit flaws with the game. How can a game improve if no one is allowed to criticize it? Yes they did allow the very few people that were in the Alpha to continue submitting feedback, but that just wasn't enough. Square-Enix needs to stop being their own biggest fanboy and listen to the people trying to help the game.

All of you people trying to justify Final Fantasy XIV as "new = bad" need to learn that you guys are actually harming the game more than you're helping it. Square-Enix takes your praise and thinks that they're doing a good job. It's probably why you are also the only people who are playing the game.

The only acknowledgement that Square-Enix gave those who submitted feedback was an argument: "things are working as intended". Isn't that the exact sentence that spelled Final Fantasy XI's demise?
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-13 22:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
The only acknowledgement that Square-Enix gave those who submitted feedback was an argument: "things are working as intended". Isn't that the exact sentence that spelled Final Fantasy XI's demise?
I would actually call IX a success story, 8 years running, and still going pretty strong, sure they have merged some servers, but look at some of the more recent MMO efforts that have come in the last few years... AION is a great example..... it really did have great potential, and it may have even been prettier then XIV, had a pretty strong launch, but it's biggest down fall as it's lack of content, had like 20 NA servers strong at it's high, but they didn't release content for it in time, and now it's down to 6 NA servers, they have released content for it, but the damage has been done, the people that were a fan of the game at release moved on once they got to max lvl, and found out they have nothing to do, and then everyone told there friends "yeah it's ok, but it has no content".

This has happened to more then just Aion, it happens almost everytime an MMO is released, for online games word of mouth, or type I guess you could say is probably the best marketing the game could get, but it can also hurt the game, which is why it's so mind boggling why they would release the game in such on unfinished state, b/c SE really should know better.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-13 22:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
SE has had 8 years of experience plus 4 years of development for 14. Maybe it's silly to expect more than pretty graphics...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-13 22:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
...but no one is even lv 50 yet...
Our first player dinged level 50 on ffxivpro.com last night.

Took just under 3 weeks.

goddam...even WITH the fatigue system? wtf.....serious
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7