Is FFXIV Really That Disappointing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is FFXIV Really that Disappointing?
Is FFXIV Really that Disappointing?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-12 21:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
hey don't get me wrong i really wanna play ffxiv
but game needs a lot right now

they should've waited a year and released it, gave people a chance to have better computers to play it with.

Who knows maybe they spent all their budget on beautification lol
it definately was rushed. as i said after my trial is up i might wait a little bit for some stuff to be fixed before i continue... black ops should be coming out about the time my trials over >.>b lol
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-10-12 21:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit of opinion from me:

FFXIV is interesting and fun.

I have nothing against the UI, even thought I would prefer to have something like the old XI UI but being allowed to move things around.

I have nothing against the controls as I currently play and have aways played with a Dualshock-esque controller and both games were designed/optimized from ground to work with these pads/controllers more than with a keyboard/mouse combo.

I DO HATE how one has to hit the space bar for typing and there's no option to change that behavior from the game.

I also am afraid I might run out of things to do soon.

But from that to say "it sucks" come on people.
There's two hype machines at work here. One says it sucks other say it rocks. FFXI had similar problems with it's implementation and it was solved after a while.

Have faith... lol
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-12 21:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said:
A bit of opinion from me:

FFXIV is interesting and fun.

I have nothing against the UI, even thought I would prefer to have something like the old XI UI but being allowed to move things around.

I have nothing against the controls as I currently play and have aways played with a Dualshock-esque controller and both games were designed/optimized from ground to work with these pads/controllers more than with a keyboard/mouse combo.

I DO HATE how one has to hit the space bar for typing and there's no option to change that behavior from the game.

I also am afraid I might run out of things to do soon.

But from that to say "it sucks" come on people.
There's two hype machines at work here. One says it sucks other say it rocks. FFXI had similar problems with it's implementation and it was solved after a while.

Have faith... lol
1. i do agree its interesting and fun its something different.
2. the UI is a little annoying but tolerable somewhat.
3.controls i have it exactly customed to play like FFXI so i have no problem...
4.the space bar to type something is annoying yes. and when ur fishing or mining or doing stuff like that if u have text already it get erased...
5. i feel the same way
6. i agree with you it is a good game but it has alot of problems and will eventually be fixed... but how long will that take?
the game was still rushed however and the bad rep that the game is getting might keep players away from the game even if it was to be fixed
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-12 21:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
FFXIII was far from failure. It's was just disappointing.
theres alot more there could have been added to game. more sidequests and stuff... there was minimal to do besides walking in one path forever with mobs and pretty CSs

FTFY
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-10-12 21:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There was no WoW when FFXI came out. People have much higher expectations from a MMO now and won't bother playing a malnourished product. Even if the game has potential, it's in the hands of a company that doesn't necessarily have strong ties with its consumers. It can be good in the future, but that doesn't mean it will be.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-10-13 11:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one that is having fun in XIV? I mean I am having a blast, though I am easily amused. There are a couple things I don't like at the moment and that is the limited inventory and levequests reset every 36hrs. There is a bit of UI lag, yes. The only problem I really had with that was changing disciplines. But you can make a macro for that, simple. Your character still locks up after you equip something new, but you don't have to worry about the delaying lag of equipping one thing at a time.

I think a big key factor in peoples disappointment with XIV is they held their expectations to high. Yeah, one can argue that th game came out way too early, but for an "early" release game it has ALOT of stuff to do (though it's a tad tedious, but what FF game isn't tedious?) And I am sure than when XI came out they had some bugs they didn't work out until a couple weeks, or even months after its release. I mean come on people XIV has only been out for 2 weeks (3wks for the CE peeps) give it some more time.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV is fun, and I'm enjoying playing it. People are under the assumption that the game was going to be fully complete and @ XI's level as soon as it was released.

Wait a few months then give it a go again.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-13 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how everyone(well, mainly the FFXIV supporters) trash talks FFXI about how it's just abyssea now, and that FFXIV is the wave of the future. It's the same company, people. If you think they butchered FFXI, why do you think FFXIV will succeed? If you feel like they made bad decisions on FFXI, why do you think they'll avoid those bad decisions on FFXIV when they've clearly shown that they've learned nothing?

My suggestion is stop being a fanboy/girl and play a game because you enjoy it, not because it has a certain name on it. Either way you win, because eventually the company will have to wake up and see that they're not doing the right thing. And if they don't wake up, then you get to stop wasting your money on crappy games because the Final Fantasy line would die out.

[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-10-13 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
XIV is fun, and I'm enjoying playing it. People are under the assumption that the game was going to be fully complete and @ XI's level as soon as it was released.

exactly! TOO HIGH OF EXPECTATIONSES!!! *Caps lock for enthusiasm* :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I like how everyone(well, mainly the FFXIV supporters) trash talks FFXI about how it's just abyssea now, and that FFXIV is the wave of the future. It's the same company, people. If you think they butchered FFXI, why do you think FFXIV will succeed? If you feel like they made bad decisions on FFXI, why do you think they'll avoid those bad decisions on FFXIV when they've clearly shown that they've learned nothing?

My suggestion is stop being a fanboy/girl and play a game because you enjoy it, not because it has a certain name on it. Either way you win, because eventually the company will have to wake up and see that they're not doing the right thing. And if they don't wake up, then you get to stop wasting your money on crappy games because the Final Fantasy line would die out.

Because they made bad decisions at the end of XI's life in the attempt to salvage some users, XI before the Abyssea era was incredibly awesome.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-13 11:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

exactly! TOO HIGH OF EXPECTATIONSES!!! *Caps lock for enthusiasm* :D
meh I don't have high expectations, I know SE will let me down time and time again... :/
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-13 11:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I like how everyone(well, mainly the FFXIV supporters) trash talks FFXI about how it's just abyssea now, and that FFXIV is the wave of the future. It's the same company, people. If you think they butchered FFXI, why do you think FFXIV will succeed? If you feel like they made bad decisions on FFXI, why do you think they'll avoid those bad decisions on FFXIV when they've clearly shown that they've learned nothing? My suggestion is stop being a fanboy/girl and play a game because you enjoy it, not because it has a certain name on it. Either way you win, because eventually the company will have to wake up and see that they're not doing the right thing. And if they don't wake up, then you get to stop wasting your money on crappy games because the Final Fantasy line would die out.
Because they made bad decisions at the end of XI's life in the attempt to salvage some users, XI before the Abyssea era was incredibly awesome.

So when FFXIV is grasping at straws at the end of it's life, making horrible decisions and ruining the character you felt like you progressed with, you'll just buy FFXXI MMO. Ok, makes sense now.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-13 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I like how everyone(well, mainly the FFXIV supporters) trash talks FFXI about how it's just abyssea now, and that FFXIV is the wave of the future. It's the same company, people. If you think they butchered FFXI, why do you think FFXIV will succeed? If you feel like they made bad decisions on FFXI, why do you think they'll avoid those bad decisions on FFXIV when they've clearly shown that they've learned nothing? My suggestion is stop being a fanboy/girl and play a game because you enjoy it, not because it has a certain name on it. Either way you win, because eventually the company will have to wake up and see that they're not doing the right thing. And if they don't wake up, then you get to stop wasting your money on crappy games because the Final Fantasy line would die out.

So when FFXIV is grasping at straws at the end of it's life, making horrible decisions and ruining the character you felt like you progressed with, you'll just buy FFXXI MMO. Ok, makes sense now.

Probably. I'm not going to play something I don't find fun just to cater to my addiction.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-13 11:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Probably. I'm not going to play something I don't find fun just to cater to my addiction.
yes you are.
you're a man of principles.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
yes you are.
Lol not really. I stopped playing XI because It wasn't fun anymore. I still wanted to log-on and do ***because I was addicted though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-13 11:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
yes you are.
Lol not really. I stopped playing XI because It wasn't fun anymore. I still wanted to log-on and do ***because I was addicted though.
you wanted to log on because you thought it was still fun, don't you try to trick me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
yes you are.
you wanted to log on because you thought it was still fun, don't you try to trick me.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-13 11:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
yes you are.

see! that is you in abysssea!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
yes you are.

see! that is you in abysssea!
That is something that would get me back to XI, *** revenge time.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-10-13 11:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically it's a joke that SE is still charging people to play the game at this point. I really wanted to like this game, REALLY wanted to cause the graphics were amazing, and I played the Beta for 2 weeks. Loved the first 30 mins of the game... but hell did that go down hill fast

also... my god interface lag... I mean I don't want to sound like a queen but holy crap that was game ruining for me.

Maybe the game will be fun in a year or two, but at this point no way in hell is it worth it.

Again, SE needs to make up it's mind, if it wants to make a "Casual" MMO don't change your mind at times and make things needlessly tedious. It's like they want that WoW money sooooooo bad, but really don't know how to make a game like it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-13 11:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ten years later...

"We will continue to support FFXIV, despite FFXXI coming out this fall. However, we are unable to add any more new content to the game due to PS3 limitations."
- SE

"Guys, how many of you are going to play FFXXI when it comes out?! I'm leaving this PoS game, SE has really pissed me off with that past update! Also, this is a dying game, stupid SE thinking that PS3 would last forever.. Fortunately, FFXXI is run on the PS4 which will never have any limitations!"
- The community that doesn't learn.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-13 11:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ten years later...

"We will continue to support FFXIV, despite FFXXI coming out this fall. However, we are unable to add any more new content to the game due to PS3 limitations."
- SE

"Guys, how many of you are going to play FFXXI when it comes out?! I'm leaving this PoS game, SE has really pissed me off with that past update! Also, this is a dying game, stupid SE thinking that PS3 would last forever.. Fortunately, FFXXI is run on the PS4 which will never have any limitations!"

XI was built for PS2

XIV was built for PC
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-13 11:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What a poor hypothetical -_-
 Quetzalcoatl.Thris
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thris
By Quetzalcoatl.Thris 2010-10-13 11:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
XIV was built for PC

I guarantee you it was built completely with the ps3 in mind.
 Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-10-13 12:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ten years later...

- SE

XI was built for PS2

XIV was built for PC
that is why the game is totally easy to play without a controller and also why the interface isn't totally a muddled mess and why there are hot keys for everything in the game!

you must be high as a kite if you think this, btw, FF11 came out on the PC first too
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-10-13 12:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
FF11 came out on the PC first too

Actually it was released first on PS2 in japan, but yeah lol@ saying 14 was designed for PC.
oh... well /shrug

still try playing FF14 without a controller and see how fun it is... about as fun as playing FFXI without a controller.
By Zekko 2010-10-13 12:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's awful.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7