Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
 Phoenix.Mrrill
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mrrill
By Phoenix.Mrrill 2017-04-27 18:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah sorry, vs2017 intercepts the dump generation. I get the crash when trying to launch pol from the windower config. Crashes from a fresh install of windower both with normal and dev build exe.

I can send you a task manager generated dump if that is useful.
I get the same exception as Drizzt just posted.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException occurred
HResult=0x80131508
Message=Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Source=mscorlib
StackTrace:
at System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
at System.Array.SetValue(Object value, Int32 index)
at Launcher.Profile.Apply(RegistryKey key)
at Launcher.Profile.Apply()
at Launcher.PlayOnlineLauncher.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
at Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
at Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
at Launcher.Core.Run()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-04-27 18:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Have there been any issues with the recent update to 4.3? mine just downloaded something before i logged in and now im having some weird issues with my computer. If i have the POL on but not logged into the game My computer is lagging,But as soon as i close the window my computer starts acting normally,I havent updated to creators. only things thats different is that it downloaded some update or maybe refreshed itself im not sure.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 18:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I made some assumptions about the registry entry for gamepad settings that I guess I shouldn't have. Try now, hopefully that's resolved.
[+]
 Odin.Drittzz
Server: Odin
user: Dritzz
By Odin.Drittzz 2017-04-27 18:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Latest patch, looks to be working for me! Thank you!
 Phoenix.Mrrill
Server: Phoenix
user: Mrrill
By Phoenix.Mrrill 2017-04-27 18:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

.35081 dev build works!
I can start the game, login to characters and alt-tab out.
Thanks for your support! :)
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
Server: Asura
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2017-04-27 18:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

35081 dev build still aint working for me.
https://a.uguu.se/kG1Nrp5kzO0i_pol.exe.7156.dmp
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-04-27 18:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Current update, Having other members in different shells saying same issues,Crashing when trying to load more then one POL instance,And computer lag,
 Bismarck.Dew
user: Dew
By Bismarck.Dew 2017-04-27 19:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The update just now makes it so you can't use your controller when ffxi window isn't selected with single window open like it used to.
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2017-04-27 19:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So far so good :)
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-04-27 19:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dew said: »
The update just now makes it so you can't use your controller when ffxi window isn't selected with single window open like it used to.

Is that in reference to 4.3?
 Bismarck.Dew
By Bismarck.Dew 2017-04-27 19:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The update that just happened today. Also makes your game try to push random stuff when you alt + tab or click off the window with only 1 window open.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-04-27 19:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The update that just happened today. Also makes your game try to push random stuff when you alt + tab or click off the window with only 1 window open.

I thought the controller outside of of FFXI being in focus was under the config. Still not sure why its making my computer lag,and causing others to crash.

Also this is for 4.3 Not the dev version if that matter's. Having program hang issues with Switchmon now after people zone. takes a good 5 seconds before it will let me use my keybinds to tab between people
 Bismarck.Dew
By Bismarck.Dew 2017-04-27 19:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is with 4.3 that its doing the random pressing when you alt + tab. It's doing it with 2 windows open as well. Everytime I tried to change between windows it tries to push enter and/or opens the macro set. Never had this issue with 4.3 before the update today.
By elliondrk 2017-04-27 20:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I may have found the answer to your problem. After the Windower update today, I was experiencing the same thing.

Click on the Profile you choose when you launch Windower, and then click the Pencil to edit the settings. When the window changes, click on "Game", and check the "Always Enable Gamepad" setting. Make sure this is turned on. It was off for me. (I don't ever remember seeing this setting or if the update turned it off, but I made no changes to my configuration other than to turn this back on.) If this is turned off, it will turn the option off in Final Fantasy XI config.

Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 20:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There are new launcher settings, as displayed in this image:

Always Play Sound : This determines whether or not your game will make noise while it's out of focus (not the active window). Our default if enabled! You can disable this is you'd like, now.

Always Enable Gamepad : This determines whether or not your can control FFXI with your gamepad while it's out of focus (not the active window). Our default is disabled, which is different from old behavior, as a result of how we now handle windowing the game. You can enable this, but it is not ideal for multi-boxing.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2017-04-27 21:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I try and launch POL through windower, it crashes and then shortly there after, windower crashes. This just started for me today after it updated earlier this afternoon when trying to login. I heard this is happening to others. Any ideas what might be happening?
 Bismarck.Dew
By Bismarck.Dew 2017-04-27 21:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
There are new launcher settings, as displayed in this image:

Always Play Sound : This determines whether or not your game will make noise while it's out of focus (not the active window). Our default if enabled! You can disable this is you'd like, now.

Always Enable Gamepad : This determines whether or not your can control FFXI with your gamepad while it's out of focus (not the active window). Our default is disabled, which is different from old behavior, as a result of how we now handle windowing the game. You can enable this, but it is not ideal for multi-boxing.
Is there any update on the game spamming enter when you click out of it or alt + tab to another window? This never happened till this change.
 Odin.Pyir
Server: Odin
user: Sperrit
By Odin.Pyir 2017-04-27 21:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the Windower update tonight my POL crashes as soon as I try to load it through Windower. I've tried everything in this thread to fix it, the dev version crashes at the same point as well. I don't know what to do at this point, but the top line of my crash report is questionable:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): A 32 bit processes cannot access modules of a 64 bit process.

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7 64bit
By Staleyx 2017-04-27 22:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about the always active gamepad feature.

So I can control character 1 with a chrome window active but it will not move my 2box character? If So this is fantastic.I could only get a firefox "always ontop" add on to work so I could watch youtube and play on one monitor. The chrome ones would never work correctly.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 22:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, Pyir. The crash sounds very strange but is likely related to our new method of injection for hook. A crash dump would be very much appreciated.

Staleyx said: »
Question about the always active gamepad feature.

So I can control character 1 with a chrome window active but it will not move my 2box character? If So this is fantastic.I could only get a firefox "always ontop" add on to work so I could watch youtube and play on one monitor. The chrome ones would never work correctly.

Unfortunately, I believe both characters would move with it enabled.
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-04-27 22:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, I believe both characters would move with it enabled.

Just set the profile for the 2nd character to not have it enabled before you launch that character. This is why I wanted it as a launcher option. :)
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 23:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't the first character move with the second character open? :s
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-04-27 23:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't the first character move with the second character open? :s

It does, but at least I just don't really move the 2nd character with the controller. Would be an issue if you wanted to do that I guess.
By SMN4LIFE 2017-04-27 23:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why I can't Alt-Tab to other screens anymore? It crashes as soon as I open up any other window.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 23:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using full screen mode?

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-04-27 23:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here's the issue im having i have nothing but POL started up and it bogged down my whole system,Looked at task manager and its only running 10%,Only happens once i open POL, and reverts back to normal after i close it.

Its not just looking at files on my computer,Start bar,Chrome, any other program i use it makes it laggy,Even looking at streams while i play.

Also ive noticed that i cant force close out the game the "X" button is no longer available
By SMN4LIFE 2017-04-27 23:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using full screen mode?

No. Unfortunately. I was on "Borderless Window". I just downloaded the Dev version off the Windower Website and that seems to be working fine. So if anyone is having any issues, get the Dev version until whatever is going on is fixed.

You will need to copy and paste your plugins, scripts and lua's over to the Dev Version. Also, turn your plugins/addons back on.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-28 00:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »

Here's the issue im having i have nothing but POL started up and it bogged down my whole system,Looked at task manager and its only running 10%,Only happens once i open POL, and reverts back to normal after i close it.

Its not just looking at files on my computer,Start bar,Chrome, any other program i use it makes it laggy,Even looking at streams while i play.

Also ive noticed that i cant force close out the game the "X" button is no longer available

We believe we have a fix for the mouse lag, so hold tight on that.

The X button is a change that's going to stay (most likely). It's because we now use Square Enix's borderless window instead of doing some odd workarounds with fullscreen mode. You can still use //terminate to exit to desktop.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-04-28 00:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »

We believe we have a fix for the mouse lag, so hold tight on that.

The X button is a change that's going to stay (most likely). It's because we now use Square Enix's borderless window instead of doing some odd workarounds with fullscreen mode. You can still use //terminate to exit to desktop.

Would it cause issues with the system? It's not just that part it makes everything do that. Start bar ect I'm guessing it's related?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-28 00:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the mouse, so yes.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21