Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-28 00:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dew said: »
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
There are new launcher settings, as displayed in this image:

Always Play Sound : This determines whether or not your game will make noise while it's out of focus (not the active window). Our default if enabled! You can disable this is you'd like, now.

Always Enable Gamepad : This determines whether or not your can control FFXI with your gamepad while it's out of focus (not the active window). Our default is disabled, which is different from old behavior, as a result of how we now handle windowing the game. You can enable this, but it is not ideal for multi-boxing.
Is there any update on the game spamming enter when you click out of it or alt + tab to another window? This never happened till this change.

Slight workaround I found for now until they get to fixing this issue. After you open Windower Launcher, but before launching playonline, you can replace the Hook.dll with the previous version's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2017-04-28 02:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Darn o well was hoping it would work like that. While I have yall here anyone know of any "working" always ontop addons for chrome? If not I just need to get a 2nd monitor I guess.
 Asura.Queenforever
Server: Asura
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-04-28 04:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know whats going on but when i logged on to game this morning with windower i was on like 2 mins then it crashed, i went back on and again couple mins and crashed. I checked and reset me router still crashed.

I even did restore on laptop in case update messed with ffxi but still crashing within a couple mins. Its windower i know as i switched to original steam login of game and played now 30 or more mins fine, so i dont know what going on with windower needs fixing as i miss findall lol. :P
By pulpipi 2017-04-28 06:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

windower updated automatically to 4.3 this morning.

got the same laggy windows environement as soon as i move the mouse.

very unconfortable to stay in this setup (since i'm in a multi-screen configuration/triplebox pol and doing a lot of activities over thoses multiples displays).

is there any way to get back to 4.2 without updating it ?(i'm still not under win10 creator update win10/i7-4770k/16g/radeon4770))?.
 Lakshmi.Miang
Server: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-04-28 07:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Since windower updated today I'm no longer able to simulate numpad7 being pressed using the following lua:
Code
send_command('setkey numpad7 down;wait 0.1;setkey numpad7 up;')

I can however do it via the console directly, using the same command 'setkey numpad7 down;wait 0.1;setkey numpad7 up;'
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-04-28 07:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

pulpipi said: »

very unconfortable to stay in this setup (since i'm in a multi-screen configuration/triplebox pol and doing a lot of activities over thoses multiples displays).

is there any way to get back to 4.2 without updating it ?(i'm still not under win10 creator update win10/i7-4770k/16g/radeon4770))?.

Yea the entire game has been extremely laggy while dualboxing, when I type Im often not getting all the characters of the words displaying, if I switch windows and then go back to the first one I lose the mouse and input box so I can't type.
 Lakshmi.Miang
Server: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-04-28 07:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Miang said: »
Since windower updated today I'm no longer able to simulate numpad7 being pressed using the following lua:
Code

I can however do it via the console directly, using the same command 'setkey numpad7 down;wait 0.1;setkey numpad7 up;'

Actually upon further testing, the command works, but only with the windower instance that has focus. If I'm sending the command to an alt (to request them to stop following), it doesn't seem to work. To clarify, when I say I'm sending the command to an alt, I'm actually sending:
Code
send @others gs c stop follow

And my GS files have:
Code
elseif passedCommand == 'stop follow' then
	return true

So the send_command is being sent in the correct windower instance, I'm not trying to send the console command directly.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-28 07:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The issues related to mouse lag should be resolved.
 Odin.Pyir
Server: Odin
user: Sperrit
By Odin.Pyir 2017-04-28 08:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Pyir said: »
Since the Windower update tonight my POL crashes as soon as I try to load it through Windower. I've tried everything in this thread to fix it, the dev version crashes at the same point as well. I don't know what to do at this point, but the top line of my crash report is questionable:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): A 32 bit processes cannot access modules of a 64 bit process.

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7 64bit

Here's my crash dump:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=65814494185637291005
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-28 08:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Pyir,

We believe we have a fix for your problem. If the new launcher isn't pushed to dev when I get out of work, I can do it then.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2017-04-28 09:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not 100% sure that the Windows update is the culprit here, ~15 minutes of google-fu did not return anything relevant but...

Currently, 2 of 3 PCs have the "Enable gamepad when game is inactive" checkbox resetting on Windower start. The issue does not occur with vanilla POL.

If anyone has any advice that would be awesome. While not a game breaker it is rather annoying...

*Edit
So for anyone else that finds this, there is a setting in the Windower profile editing tab... Apparently, it was either added or reset on the launcher update... Problem solved! #feelsdumb
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-04-28 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
It's because we now use Square Enix's borderless window instead of doing some odd workarounds with fullscreen mode.

Does that mean that annoying 1px border around the edges of the screen in windowed mode is going to stay too?

If so, is there a workaround to remove it (or at least force the color to black)?

I've been playing in borderless window mode for now, but that has it's own set of quirks. For example, if I move it to my second monitor using Win + Shift+ -> it works fine, but if I move it to the main it shrinks the window size by roughly 25% and stays that way no matter what I try.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-28 10:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just starting today, I've run into two new problems. To start with, I run Windower4 in windowed mode.

First, I'm running into common crashes. It's happened twice in about 30 minutes sitting in Adoulin.

Second, I run Windower 4 in windowed mode, because I swap between windowed and maximized often, but starting today, maximizing the screen does not fill the whole screen; there are small (a few pixels wide) gaps on all four sides where I can see the edges of the active program/desktop behind it, which is quite irritating.

Also, another minor problem from longer ago that I wondering if anyone had any ideas about; when windowed, my screen always has a irritating orange/yellowish border on the left side, and sometimes on the top and right sides as well. Is there any way to get rid of it, or make it black?
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-04-28 11:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Text input box is REALLY Laggy for me, I typed something about 15 seconds later it appeared in game. Anyway to revert the old hook which was working fine for me and stopping it auto updating?

Edit: I'm not yet on the Windows 10 Creators Update.
 Asura.Farroh
user: Farroh
By Asura.Farroh 2017-04-28 11:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

pulpipi said: »

my windows environment is laggy when POL is started for me as well. the game is running terrible. mouse cursor doesnt even jump to the menu selection when menu is initiated as well. this isnt a windows 10 issue. as I switched to windows 7 and the problem is still there. I returned to windows 10 yet again, problem was there even before creators update. Simply put, this is all a POL/Windower isssue.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2017-04-28 11:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Launched windower 4 tonight and after a hook update I cannot log onto pol there's an error.

Here is the crash log:

System.TimeoutException: Le délai d'attente de l'opération a expiré.
à Launcher.PlayOnlineLauncher.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
à Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
à Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
à Launcher.Core.Run()
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edit: hook is 4.3.0.6

Same issue than this post:
http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/1250-polexe-entry-point-not-found-launching-pol-from-windower/?hl=%2Bhook+%2B4.3.0.5
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-28 13:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Psykopat said: »
Launched windower 4 tonight and after a hook update I cannot log onto pol there's an error.

Here is the crash log:

System.TimeoutException: Le délai d'attente de l'opération a expiré.
à Launcher.PlayOnlineLauncher.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
à Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
à Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
à Launcher.Core.Run()
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edit: hook is 4.3.0.6

Same issue than this post:
http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/1250-polexe-entry-point-not-found-launching-pol-from-windower/?hl=%2Bhook+%2B4.3.0.5

Post from Iryoku on that thread
Quote:
First, I want to remind you that Windower no longer officially supports Windows XP, and I really must urge you to switch to a newer OS.

Microsoft themselves ended standard support for Windows XP SP3 ~3 years ago. SE Hasn't officially supported Windows XP for over 4 years. Windower stopped officially supporting Windows XP around the same time. Only ~1.3% of our users still use Windows XP, and no one on the dev team has a PC with it, so we can't test it.

And, I will also tell you that Windower 5 will not, and cannot, work on Windows XP.

However, because this is a relatively simple fix, and the function was only used for debugging purposes, I've gone ahead and removed the call to GetThreadId. A build with the fix should be pushed out relatively soon.

One of my comps is on Xp as well and has this error
By knoxvegas 2017-04-28 13:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Having problems crashing everytime i try to log from main to mule on windows10, hearing alot ppl are having this problem also. Is there a fix? Also i cant use the top corner X to exit outta game.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-04-28 13:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
ou can replace the Hook.dll with the previous version's.

This is my problem, the alt+tab is screwing me up between characters. My macro pallet gets brought up ><

Previous hook.dll easily available?
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-28 13:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

After crashing several more times, it seems it only happens when I have the window minimized and I bring it to the front again, though it doesn't happen every time I do it.
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-04-28 13:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just never minimize my screen till the issue is resolved...:(
Kill Me...
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2017-04-28 13:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

knoxvegas said: »
Having problems crashing everytime i try to log from main to mule on windows10, hearing alot ppl are having this problem also. Is there a fix? Also i cant use the top corner X to exit outta game.

For what it's worth, I believe that shutting down and exiting using either the menu or the /shutdown command should no longer cause a crash on exit. So manually terminating it shouldn't be necessary anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-04-28 15:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Having issues login in after i select my account and appear ingame...

Hope there is a fix soon...

Also thank you for working and maintaining windower... without it i would have prolly quit years ago
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-04-28 16:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
After crashing several more times, it seems it only happens when I have the window minimized and I bring it to the front again, though it doesn't happen every time I do it.

Having this issue as well. Only seems to happen when I hit minimize instead of ALT-Tabbing to show desktop.

Also having a small issue when my game is launched after hitting play, it's inconsistent as to where it's located on my screen. Sometimes it's in the middle, and sometimes it's off to the left. It was always launched from the far left before the update. It's a minor thing since I can just move the screen, just strange how it's inconsistent.

My macros are also taking 2 hits to fully gear myself. I'm seeing a lot of "You were unable to change your equipped items."

I'm also crashing in real party scenarios such as Sinister Reign. No reason why, happened twice upon simply engaging the mob. I could probably count the number of times I've crashed on one hand, and crashing 4 times seems off to me.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-28 16:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Sylph.Ice said: »
ou can replace the Hook.dll with the previous version's.

This is my problem, the alt+tab is screwing me up between characters. My macro pallet gets brought up ><

Previous hook.dll easily available?

Not so much. I had a friend send it to me since he didn't open windower for a day so had previous version. Also after the hook was updated to 4.3.0.6 this issue and the others I posted about yesterday are still occurring.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-28 17:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question: After switching to the dev been on non stop so far. Issue is my umm Macros are not working and clueless me does not know how to manage/fix my scripts to make them work like they were yesterday. any help appreciated
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-04-28 18:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Any way to stop me from spinning around in circles?!
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-28 18:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Any way to stop me from spinning around in circles?!

Square dance?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21