Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2017-04-23 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Teuphist said: »
Cerberus.Rafleshia said: »
Edit: So I figured out my problem and it is because its reverting back to 0. I had a windowed profile saved at 1280 x 800 that had not reset back to 0 and managed to load my game fine, but I stupidly tried editing it and its now reset to 0 and not working. Go figure... Any ideas how I can stop it from resetting my resolution to 0 x 0?

Edit #2 FIX: So I just had a brainwave! I manually edited the setting file and input the <height> / <width>, as long as I don't try toggling it in the GUI its fine. So if anyone else has this trouble just edit your settings manually.

I'm having this issue though slightly different. Running 1920 x 1080 on my laptop, ffxi config settings are the same. If I load ffxi without windower, the game loads as it should. Upon loading Windower, I notice the resolution settings are at 0x0 and I cannot alter them. I can enter a resolution, but it automatically returns to 0 no matter the following action. If I push forward to load windower, I'll get the "failed to initialize Direct 3D" message. Loading FFXI config again, the resolution is back at 640 x 480, background 512 x 512. I suppose the issue I'm having is not knowing what I'm supposed to to do edit the height/width in the settings file. Can anyone help with this?

In your Windower settings XML find your profile you're using, it should be at the bottom.

Mine for example is,
<profile name="">
<consolekey>Insert</consolekey>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<gamma>0.06086956</gamma>
<uiscale>1.1</uiscale>
<supersampling>2</supersampling>
</profile>

So copy that and edit it to your setting but do not touch the Windower gui because mine would just reset itself back to 0. Hope this helps.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
Server: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2017-04-23 16:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Had switched back to 4.2 for a few days, now trying -dev again at 4.3.0.5, seems timestamp is doing some funky stuff.
Extra lines, only from other player input and system messages, with 2nd line indented about 2 characters before the timestamp.
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2017-04-23 19:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tiburon said: »
Had switched back to 4.2 for a few days, now trying -dev again at 4.3.0.5, seems timestamp is doing some funky stuff.
Extra lines, only from other player input and system messages, with 2nd line indented about 2 characters before the timestamp.

I have this too XD
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2017-04-24 01:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The Timestamp issue should be fixed.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-04-24 03:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I use 2 screens to 2box and have an addon loading at start for 2nd account that simply sends a command to the plugin wincontrole to reposition this window. This now instantly crashes the game. The plugin itself loads with no errors.

edit
Having to manually toggle window frame on, move the window and toggle fullscreen back on.

edit 2,
also having keyboard issue where macro bar stays open when alt + tab to another window
 Fenrir.Jeydan
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeydan
By Fenrir.Jeydan 2017-04-25 01:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a issue when ever I start windower the banner loads fine but windower itself is a blank white screen. Anyone have a fix, brand new laptop been sitting collecting dust since Christmas.
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2017-04-25 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jeydan said: »
I have a issue when ever I start windower the banner loads fine but windower itself is a blank white screen. Anyone have a fix, brand new laptop been sitting collecting dust since Christmas.
Sounds like this issue. More here.
 Fenrir.Jeydan
user: Jeydan
By Fenrir.Jeydan 2017-04-25 18:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried that but it still doesn't work :(
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-04-25 20:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the eta for 4.3 wide release since creator's update is rolling out slowly and will probably affect all of us?
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2017-04-26 20:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone experienced their macros being deleted? I've noticed it on two of my characters both happened to be my WHM macros, but it wouldn't be the whole book, just a line. Re-logging didn't recover them so I had to load old macro sets.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-26 21:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafleshia said: »
Has anyone experienced their macros being deleted? I've noticed it on two of my characters both happened to be my WHM macros, but it wouldn't be the whole book, just a line. Re-logging didn't recover them so I had to load old macro sets.

Well, Windower doesn't touch the USER directory (at all, to my knowledge), which contains all your character-specific config., including macros. There are some odd cases in which specific crashes prevent certain or all macros from loading properly. I've only had this happen with full books or the entirety of my macros, personally.

Also, you can still lose recently written macros if they aren't "saved" by either switching books or logging off.
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2017-04-26 21:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. It's very strange, it's not like they were new macros I've had them a long time.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-27 09:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI occasionally corrupts itself. Reasons unclear, but probably unrelated to windower.

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
What's the eta for 4.3 wide release since creator's update is rolling out slowly and will probably affect all of us?

Maybe tomorrow. As far as we know, all the crashes have been killed. I think we're waiting to add a gamepad/audio focus setting to the launcher so people stop asking about it.

Also: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/04/25/windows-10-creators-update-rollout-first-phase-update/#c3M7UgU8Q7ubsrJi.97

Looks like Microsoft is intentionally rolling out the Creators Update slowly.
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2017-04-27 10:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't sure because it's only started happening since using the development build so I figured I'd say something just in case. It's happened again today, always seems to be Book 1 - Page 2 that's deleting.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 11:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
FFXI occasionally corrupts itself. Reasons unclear, but probably unrelated to windower.

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

Maybe tomorrow. As far as we know, all the crashes have been killed. I think we're waiting to add a gamepad/audio focus setting to the launcher so people stop asking about it.

This has been completed and these options are now available on the -dev launcher, by the way. Sound default is enabled, whereas gamepad default is disabled out of focus (multibox issues otherwise).

Anyway, barring anything unexpected and major, tomorrow sounds appropriate.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 16:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just went ahead and switched it over. Live and dev are now running the same launcher and hook.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-04-27 17:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Crashing instantly for me now... Win10 Pro 32bit ; ;#

Downloaded clean version and used installer, same result after updating.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
[ 4.3.6326.31342 ] 2017-04-27 22:09:44.2317174 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at Launcher.Profile.Apply(RegistryKey key)
at Launcher.Profile.Apply()
at Launcher.PlayOnlineLauncher.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
at Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
at Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
at Launcher.Core.Run()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about that. :( Would you be able to provide a crash dump?
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-04-27 17:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated post. Had to get a clean install on to be sure.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Alkk
Server: Asura
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2017-04-27 17:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Crashing for me instantly aswell and I'm on Win7 64bit. Worked fine earlier today.
https://a.uguu.se/EvUxqhPzwaGs_pol.exe.6468.dmp
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-04-27 17:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://update.windower.net/dev/Windower.exe
 Odin.Drittzz
user: Dritzz
By Odin.Drittzz 2017-04-27 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My windower is still crashing when I try yo launch it, even after I clicked the link above. Help please!
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-04-27 17:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev build runs :D

Fast work guys, thanks.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 17:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drittzz said: »
My windower is still crashing when I try yo launch it, even after I clicked the link above. Help please!

Are you still getting this crash? I pushed a quick patch, my apologies for the mess up. :(
 Odin.Drittzz
By Odin.Drittzz 2017-04-27 17:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, it's still crashing instantly on me ><
 Phoenix.Mrrill
Server: Phoenix
user: Mrrill
By Phoenix.Mrrill 2017-04-27 17:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Same problem as Drittzz. And something is messed up with borderless windows mode. It always forced fullscreen mode when loading and hence any alt-tabbing will result ina freeze then crash. Console command window_togglefullscreen didnt work.

Windows 10 64-bit, I have now reverted back to pre -"creators update" but am getting constant Instant crash from windower->pol
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-04-27 18:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Windower.exe actually crashing for you, or does it get to POL and then that crashes? Crash dumps would be much appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-04-27 18:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think crash is related to creator's update, not rolled out for me yet and still had random crash.

Downloading the linked dev build and copying it over the installed executable fixed my problem though.

My symptoms were that windower never reached POL, literally choosing profile and clicking to launch triggered instant fail.
 Odin.Drittzz
By Odin.Drittzz 2017-04-27 18:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried copying over the executable Dev link into my folder that has windower.exe in it, and it still instantly crashes on me. How do I get you a crash dump?
 Odin.Drittzz
By Odin.Drittzz 2017-04-27 18:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Found it....

[ 4.3.6326.32989 ] 2017-04-27 23:07:23.4055969 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
at System.Array.SetValue(Object value, Int32 index)
at Launcher.Profile.Apply(RegistryKey key)
at Launcher.Profile.Apply()
at Launcher.PlayOnlineLauncher.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
at Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
at Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
at Launcher.Core.Run()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21