Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-01-18 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
SE moves slowly. If the information is out in the open where many people are able to exploit it, they have to act faster. This increases the chance packet logs are recent enough to catch those using it.

I couldn't give less of a ***what you or even the community think about it, though it seems more people are glad I posted it than you and Draken. As stated in OP, it's for exposure.
All you just did was expose this exploit for more people to exploit it.

BRB, going to put on 12 Torques so I can HQ the ***out of these Chiefkabobs! That will teach them!

And the more people exploit it, the more people will be facing the ban-hammer. Just like the Salvage exploit. A few people knew about it, and SE was oblivious. Then word got out, everyone started doing it, even shouting about it in AU, and it got a ton of people banned.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-18 10:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it too much to ask? I just wanna wear pants on my head.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-18 10:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

hey one of you cheaty mcdudeyfaces wearing gloves on your feets should sell me a super cheap +1 jovian body. get me banned along with you :^]
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
hey one of you cheaty mcdudeyfaces wearing gloves on your feets should sell me a super cheap +1 jovian body. get me banned along with you :^]
Lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Is it too much to ask? I just wanna wear pants on my head.
My god the visuals
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-01-18 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
And the more people exploit it, the more people will be facing the ban-hammer. Just like the Salvage exploit. A few people knew about it, and SE was oblivious. Then word got out, everyone started doing it, even shouting about it in AU, and it got a ton of people banned.

Like all the people that got banned for duping rune fencer cards right? :^)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-18 10:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »

I kinda regret throwing away the 50 or so of them that I had since they didn't seem to do ***to anyone who actually made tons of them to use
By Pantafernando 2017-01-18 10:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Were they banned?

I remmeber last year sometimes some posts poping with complains about banning (last i remember was salvage cheat). But there was some time since i read any wave ban topic. Wondering if SE is still monitoring people and banning if aplicable or if they just dont care anymore.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
SE moves slowly. If the information is out in the open where many people are able to exploit it, they have to act faster. This increases the chance packet logs are recent enough to catch those using it.

I couldn't give less of a ***what you or even the community think about it, though it seems more people are glad I posted it than you and Draken. As stated in OP, it's for exposure.
All you just did was expose this exploit for more people to exploit it.

BRB, going to put on 12 Torques so I can HQ the ***out of these Chiefkabobs! That will teach them!

Hey, if people want to to the exploit and face a possible ban-hammer, by all means go for it.

As for the Salvage Bans™, most people who got the ban exploited it for a while. Only a few (that I can remember) probably shouldn't have been banned, but even then, they were banned for what, 3 days or so?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Were they banned?

I remmeber last year sometimes some posts poping with complains about banning (last i remember was salvage cheat). But there was some time since i read any wave ban topic. Wondering if SE is still monitoring people and banning if aplicable or if they just dont care anymore.
Pantafernando said: »

Were they banned?

Hard to say I know a guy who uses some exploit to get mythical done faster(only doing x1 of 50 assaults.) I know he got reported and he's still running around. And I heard that exploit is easy to spot...so yeah hard to say he got 2 mythics in like a week or 2ish
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-18 10:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

prolly not just skipping assaults since those only take a few hours now.

that said if he's a master class neckbeard and has the gil/alex already finishing 2 mythics in a couple weeks isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

prolly not just skipping assaults since those only take a few hours now.

that said if he's a master class neckbeard and has the gil/alex already finishing 2 mythics in a couple weeks isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility
True until you're on Skype with them and they tell you how they skip the extra 50. I guess there's a add on on windower he used but I don't use windower so don't care. Either way people want to be stupid and get banned good for them lol
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-01-18 10:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a time when crafters used to have this simple thing called Pride. Now they wear gloves on their feet..
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-18 10:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

skype in 2017 cmon dude
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
I remember a time when crafters used to have this simple thing called Pride. Now they wear gloves on their feet..
lol I laughed so hard people at work are looking at me lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

skype in 2017 cmon dude
I'm old :(
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-18 10:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some pretty iffy plugins can be made.
Like:
-Accessing Moghouse from anywhere.
-Accessing Homepoints from anywhere.
-Accessing the AH from anywhere in the zone that has one.
-Allowing people into your mog house (this was before we actually had an ingame option to do so.)

Windower Developers try to do a good job taking this stuff down though.

I don't know if you can out right skip assaults, but I wouldn't be surprised.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Like:
-Allowing people into your mog house (this was before we actually had an ingame option to do so.)

But is there a plugin where king nobody can send me meat chiefs nonstop without server transfer!?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 10:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're at it, the assault exploit is that trades to the rune of release are honored even if it isn't rendered. By either sending a trade packet directly or using a plugin that forces it rendered to manually trade, it'll flag your book as complete without doing the assault and you can use fireflies and exit.

You haven't been able to access MH from anywhere since 2004. You can use storage/safe/etc anywhere in a zone with a nomad moogle.

You've never been able to access home points from anywhere. You had to be within 6'.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-18 10:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Like:

But is there a plugin where king nobody can send me meat chiefs nonstop without server transfer!?

Probably, but there still isn't a plugin that can tell you why kid's like the taste of cinnamon toast crunch. :|
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-18 10:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hay guys I made a new Last Stand itemset - do you think it's good enough ?

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-18 10:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're at it, the assault exploit is that trades to the rune of release are honored even if it isn't rendered. By either sending a trade packet directly or using a plugin that forces it rendered to manually trade, it'll flag your book as complete without doing the assault and you can use fireflies and exit.

You haven't been able to access MH from anywhere since 2004. You can use storage/safe/etc anywhere in a zone with a nomad moogle.

You've never been able to access home points from anywhere. You had to be within 6'.

I recall coming across some plugins on here that were quickly taken down.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 10:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about the packet limitations applied to the client from the server. No addon or plugin will bypass this.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-01-18 10:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Not enough +3 bodies, MOAR!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Mother of god
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-18 10:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl people are getting creative. i was wondering why the hell there were so many jinxed pieces popping up on my dead server
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2017-01-18 10:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

People still doing the lord's work in my absence, I see.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-18 10:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about the packet limitations applied to the client from the server. No addon or plugin will bypass this.

Ah the ones I seen said (works on private server)

So I'm assuming it only works on private servers and s/e probably patched it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 10:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers are all maintained individually, so addons/plugins designed for use on them will only work on servers that don't have checks coded for that particular exploit.

A better way to look at it is, the addon can make the client ask to do something but the server gets to say yes or no.

Addon: Ok, server, I'm going to give this lebros chronicle to the rune of release.
Server: Ok, here you go, it's done. (Server doesn't check if rune is actually up, hence the exploit exists.)

Addon: Ok, server, let me change my job.
Server: Nah son, you aren't in a MH. Let's send you back to title screen so you know you done screwed up.

Addon: Ok, server, lets use this home point to warp to this place.
Server: No, you're too far away from it.
(If you were close enough, the addon would be able to warp you without going through menu though.)
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I see this question was not answered. So is this information uploaded to the ffxi bug thread or no? Showing it just here seems pretty pointless. I am curious if they will respond just like the GM did to me. No *** given kind of attitude I got from the GM.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13